Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape SHOW US YOUR BALLS - Ball vapes - user experience and comparisons

felvapes

Just thought we could start a thread discussing ball vapes in general and the differences, choices, user experience and comparisons if people own more than one style
I have found them to be such a brilliant introduction to the vaping scene and essentially what I was looking for and more from the start
They hit harder than smoking and extract as quickly (quicker for large amounts)
Good flavour with the convection and large airflow

There's so many out there now and from all the videos and reading I've done there are a number of decent options for people now
The pinky and titi can be made at home for very little plus a PID and coil, and are reported to hit hard - although there are some people concerned of safety

There is the hotrod (which a friend owns and likes a lot) although they don't make them now I think
18mm Ti head filled with rubys
There is also the freight train which is one of the open head ones

CH have the B series - 0,1,2

Qshop have the Taroma Qaroma Ceroma and the lite series (also ss options - although these do not sell for less than the Ti for some reason)

I recommend getting pids and coils yourself cheaper than from resellers and just buy heads and rubies/bowls etc from makers

There is also the Ali shop that I think may be Qshop supplier - he's had everything the same from the very start of that brand (pids, coils, handles, bowls, packs of 200 rubys etc etc)
Good place to get stuff and buy your brand and head of choice elsewhere
Although they have also brought out their own ceramic and titanium baller heads
They look interesting and should work in a similar way - the price is absolutely amazing compared to any other person again showing the mark ups from qshop if this is the supplier
They will also wire a 5 wraps clockwise coil to whatever PID you already own for cheaper than most other places - they are wired how you want and this has been tested by myself and others now

Here is the Ti Ali ball head - taroma is $300 AUD delivered, Ali one is $93 AUD delivered

AU $92.54 21%OFF | Grade 2 Titanium Tiodw V3 Housing Fit 20mm Heating Coil for Tobacco and Dry Herb
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqAdpBi

They have a ceromic one for $28aud delivered vs $100aud from qshop
AU $27.98 35%OFF | Full Ceramic Tiodw Housing Fit 20mm Heating Coil for Tobacco and Dry Herb

I absolutely love the ones I have and they are the first vape that will convert every smoker immediately and work with no learning curve
Draw inhale blow clouds you're high
The Taroma, Tlite, Ceroma and Clite I have tried are brilliant
Titanium wins all round as hardest hitter
I like a screen a lot closer to the heater and lower PID temps
The enclosed heads definitely add more sedation and couch lock or longer between redosing
But the lite series get you higher than smoking still
I also like Ed's was glass stem with a J hook (so much vapour in one go and so smooth with these vapes) the V1 taroma has a more versatile exit imo

From what I've read the B2 and the Taroma are the hardest hitters
There's too many fanbois of either (and some shills) to be able to say either way - they are probably comparable really
One reason I went with Taroma was that I've seen Troy combust a few times in videos on CH stuff
With the taroma (and Ali design the same) I have never ever combusted and you can't if you try no matter your draw speed (unless you turned it up too much in the first place)

Last big bowl is kicking in so I'll leave this post there to start the thread and we can add mods/usage/experience and stuff as we go

Anyone with a ball vape share your experience and if you have different brands to side by side compare without being affiliated in any way would be great too

I think these things absolutely rock and beat all my other vapes for hard hits and quick extraction
The simplicity in design is where they should have gone from the start instead of over selling high tech devices

Pic of where I like my screen
I also found that a 14mm exit on the y carb adaptor is better than the 18 (I usually run 18)
They seem to like this little bit of restriction and having it at the bottom of the bowl keeps my airpath short and sweet
Last pic is showing nice yellow globs in the bong - I have only put .5 through that bong in three bowls to get those globbies :)

Happy balling people
If you haven't already - go and get balled

IMG20220929211358.jpg
IMG20220929211346.jpg
IMG20220929211239.jpg

EDIT
The other reason I went taroma over B2 was because the double decker dabs are not meant to be great with the CH one
The temps need to be higher to melt the dab in the dish and then they get burnt on the way through the balls, plus the weed tastes bad as the temp is higher
With the taroma I just chuck the dab down the holes through the balls
The temps are already at 580/620 and that's good enough for a dab but doesn't burn the weed
Tasty double deckers
The Ali express version should work similar to the taroma

Last edited:
I only needed a day with my freebie Ceroma 'Light' to know I need this tech in my life. The quickest way to cash a bowl I have come across with nice body stoney effects compared to the more heady dab experience.
I jumped on the Ti Aliexpress version that just released,
1664525142407.png

I also ordered the 3mm ruby balls from him as they were also cheap,
1664525237114.png

I also grabbed some more 4mm rubies here,
The baller does get a bong and glass dirty fast, here is one day of testing, look at the 4mm deep pile of fines in the drop-down,
1664378821487.jpg

I might have to try one of my modular water pieces instead of my 12" straight Fab as they can be washed each night in the dishwasher. :thumbsup:

I only needed a day with my freebie Ceroma 'Light' to know I need this tech in my life. The quickest way to cash a bowl I have come across with nice body stoney effects compared to the more heady dab experience.
I jumped on the Ti Aliexpress version that just released,
View attachment 40447
I also ordered the 3mm ruby balls from him as they were also cheap,
View attachment 40448
I also grabbed some more 4mm rubies here,
The baller does get a bong and glass dirty fast, here is one day of testing, look at the 4mm deep pile of fines in the drop-down,
View attachment 40446
I might have to try one of my modular water pieces instead of my 12" straight Fab as they can be washed each night in the dishwasher. :thumbsup:
If you get the screen close to the heater, and then tighten that coil to the centre post your performance will jump and temps will drop

I haven't had that black fall through since doing so - at temps 660-750 I got black bits, screen close and tightened coil it's all good
Tight snug coil and my temps are 580-620 - I think I ran that one I gave you on 610 - with a snug coil I didn't need the hose clamp either
It's mostly just reclaim that comes through now and a teeny bit of brown fall through
I think that's where the vapour quality is better too as it isn't so hot to turn anything black
I tell people about these vapes, but until they try them they don't believe me
They just think I'm talking shit and "found the vape for me" or am in a honeymoon

These vapes are completely different then the others and actually bloody work
I would have saved a lot of money if these were available ages ago
Balls all day.....
I knew once I sent you that one you would be converted mate

Balls up ppl hahaa
What do you have and how do you use it?
I hope a mod can change the title for us lol
IMG20220930031052.jpg
IMG20220930031231.jpg

I haven't had that black fall through since doing so
There are no black bits, the lighting in that picture just made the sides shadowy...it was all coffee brown, the day before when over 700 was even darker but not black...sitting around 675f with a loose coil and only a few mm between the bottom of the ceramic post and the load (sometimes the post just touches a fresh large load but soon compresses as I pull).
I am pretty sure I am running out of heat due to my 4.7 & 5mm balls but new rubies are on order. The OG balls in my unit were 2.5 to 3.5mm and lots of pill shaped as well and was quite restrictive. Having a full set of 3 and 4mm rubies in transit should be fun to experiment with. Also been looking at SiC balls with the following seller being well priced with lots of size options available,

There are no black bits, the lighting in that picture just made the sides shadowy...it was all coffee brown, the day before when over 700 was even darker but not black...sitting around 675f with a loose coil and only a few mm between the bottom of the ceramic post and the load (sometimes the post just touches a fresh large load but soon compresses as I pull).
I am pretty sure I am running out of heat due to my 4.7 & 5mm balls but new rubies are on order. The OG balls in my unit were 2.5 to 3.5mm and lots of pill shaped as well and was quite restrictive. Having a full set of 3 and 4mm rubies in transit should be fun to experiment with. Also been looking at SiC balls with the following seller being well priced with lots of size options available,
I find all 3mm is best (and have seen Troy say this)
It was pretty open with the mesh cap when I sent
Holds the heat better to release with 3mm so less energy needed overall to get the heat out rather than many draws
I wouldn't have that drop down in the fab perc bong as it already has restriction

I find hitting it with a decent draw gets it going
Yea the dark brown bits is still something I don't get anymore
And in the bongs I use a dropdown I get no bits at all - only in the bowl under the screen a little
Gotta get the coil tight to the post for it perform properly - even before you test different balls as this will affect it a lot
It's truly surprising the difference with a properly fit coil and lower temps
It will extract more than dry it out and it tastes better too

I saw the sic and think the heat retention may make performance improvements - could be some cloudage - I think ruby is better for flavour though, especially in my Ti one

You will find a set up that suits you though, they are very versatile and flexible

It's truly surprising the difference with a properly fit coil and lower temps
I agree for sure, will save some power too...I am just not flexing it to fit the Ceramic as I am saving it for the Ti I have on order.

I saw the sic and think the heat retention may make performance improvements
The CH site says,
SiC balls offer a thermal retention benefit that slightly surpasses the rubies. It makes recovery time of any B Head almost non existent, at the expense of some flavor. Great choice for someone who is looking for quick and efficient heat.
US$120 for 200 there though.:dog:
Another link for them, only because DNail are sol out... @US$20,
Also, a better lit picture of my fines, green/brown this time, 675 but a smaller load closer to the heat,
1664543819389.jpg

The CH site says,
SiC balls offer a thermal retention benefit that slightly surpasses the rubies. It makes recovery time of any B Head almost non existent, at the expense of some flavor. Great choice for someone who is looking for quick and efficient heat.
US$120 for 200 there though.:dog:
Another link for them, only because DNail are sol out... @US$20,
Also, a better lit picture of my fines, green/brown this time, 675 but a smaller load closer to the heat,
View attachment 40461
Yea I can see how sic balls could work well
The Taroma and Tlite dont really have any issue with "recovery times"
The temp drops about 10 at most and that's just the cold glass
The actual use doesn't affect it at all
This can be seen if you heat soak a bowl before use
But sic could still release some heat and help cloudage and maybe temps, just not flavour
@Green Kiwi used some pounamu greenstone and reckon it works well for heat retention (jade is meant to stay cool maybe releases heat better?)

The CH ones have less TI though compared to old head and qshop which might make the difference there

Colour looks better in new pics with a cleaned glass
Still more than I get in the drop down bottom though

Home made DIY qaroma xl lite?
18/18 F/F gog
Plenty screen rangled and pressed flat into egdes in the middle with a dab tool as a bottom screen
200 ruby balls and maybe 200 of the quartz ones I sent in Les unit coz I ran out of spare rubies (more on order now from b2cvape)
Another random screen I had pressed around the edges and over the balls on top

Stretched (and deformed a little..lol) a coil out large enough to get it over the top and lip of the gog
Then with hands and pliers, a screwdriver and mucking around and patience I got it pretty uniform and snug to the sides of the gog so it doesn't really move at all - you can just turn the gog inside the coil but it is also friction fit nicely
The two middle coils are a bit tighter to fit and the top and bottom a little wider for the flare - I did say it took some patience and pliers ....and hands, and a screwdriver, and - patience, it is glass underneath that coil lol

Running at 625 on the PID
Takes longer than all the other heads to heat up - I'd say that's because it has twice the balls at around 400
Works surprisingly well, as effective as the lite series
Hits hard and tastes really nice
The taroma is still king of couch lock and the high takes longer to wear off
But this is a cheap af diy that works well and gives the almost all quartz and ruby vape (just two ss screens) whilst hitting at least as hard as a T-lite (maybe more)

Flavour is better - not millions of miles ahead better though, but definitely an upgrade
Not sure if the enclosed head of a genuine qaroma will bring more flavour or not
But this is a nice way to try at home if you don't mind playing with and bending coils like they shouldn't be

Very impressed
Budget Qlite that has almost the same amount of balls as a Qxl

Love the ballers
A coil/PID/$5-$10 gog/ss screens/approx 400 rubys/M2M gog/basket screen

That's a powerful and tasty baller for under $60aud if you have a PID and coil already
This and the Ti Les has on the way from b2cvape and you'd have flavour head and couch lock head for less than one Taroma (assuming the Ali Ti hits the same way as a Taroma or B2 is reported to)

Fun to play and tinker at any rate
IMG20221002043148.jpg
IMG20221002043211.jpg
IMG20221002043229.jpg
IMG20221002043232.jpg
IMG20221002043305.jpg
IMG20221002043310.jpg
IMG20221002054710.jpg

IMG20221002055147.jpg
IMG20221002055153.jpg
IMG20221002055200.jpg

Last edited:
Broke out my old ash catcher
Haven't used it in forever
Kicks arse with the Taroma, noice....
Shorter than the Daab on the table and smooth AF while keeping it tasty ...
The 14mm exit y adaptor slips in well (I think that's why this piece didn't get used as much being 14, now it will be)
IMG20221003210701.jpg
IMG20221003210619.jpg
IMG20221003210548.jpg
IMG20221003210927.jpg

The homemade qaroma xl lite is killer
Tastes good and hits heavy
It hits hard but gives more of a "spacey" high, where taroma gives that well rounded stone and warm body high with it
The Qxl lite is kinda like the plenty had a spacey head high
Definitely a great vape that the rubies inside it cost more than the rest to make hahaa
If I was like a lot out there I would have got an ali supplier to send me a heap of f to f heads with a logo stamped on the bloody side
Heap of even cheaper wholesale coils and then slap a price tag on the thing lol
I could get 14/14 adaptors and call the the qxl liter lite :rofl:

Instead my gift to broke arses out there - the qxl lite
Lol stupid jokes aside
This thing hits harder than the taroma lite I bought and tastes great with the all quartz and Ruby airpath
Amazing for a DIY from scraps lying around

I will say if the actual qaroma tastes like this though I don't think it is worth buying over the taroma at all - as hard as it hits and good as it tastes, the taroma still has a more satisfying and well round high that lasts longer and feels warm and toasty, and unless you have a metal sensitivity I think it still tastes great if you get those temps right - annnd I think the Ali Taroma is probably going to work just as good as the one I own
So personal choice which Chinese made titanium you want from which Chinese seller at what price - and which one do you really think is the little guy or business in this situation
Yes 100% the quartz and ruby tastes better and I like it
But if this is similar to what you can buy and you can't afford to buy everything in the world - make a diy quartz

I'd love to be able to test a qaroma now, but I can't see myself buying one to try a side by side simply because I already know the Ti will be my DD regardless and if I want to taste quartz occasionally I have this
It's possible the enclosed head makes it something extra - it does between the tlite and taroma or clite and ceroma - but only in couch lock not flavour so much - this thing has shitloads of balls hahaa

Last edited:
Ordered 100 sic balls to chuck in the middle of the qxl lite - surrounded by rubies for the other 300 or 400
Don't know if it will do much, but maybe will help give a bit extra punch while still saving the flavour being surrounded by mostly ruby

Have you tried a double decker with your c-lite yet @LesPlenty ?
Chuck a small dab through the screen on top should work alright

No, don't want to have to clean the head...I do remember Troy loading a dab on top of the herb load to great effect and might do the same for a nightcap soon.:smug:
tretched (and deformed a little..lol) a coil out large enough to get it over the top and lip of the gog
Then with hands and pliers, a screwdriver and mucking around and patience I got it pretty uniform and snug to the sides of the gog so it doesn't really move at all - you can just turn the gog inside the coil but it is also friction fit nicely
You need to go into business...fully kitted and fitted with a coil to suit an Auber with a 20/20 guarantee...20ks or 20 minutes

No, don't want to have to clean the head...I do remember Troy loading a dab on top of the herb load to great effect and might do the same for a nightcap soon.:smug:

You need to go into business...fully kitted and fitted with a coil to suit an Auber with a 20/20 guarantee...20ks or 20 minutes
If you only put your cleanest dab down there it won't need opening to clean
It's okay as is - on the ceroma and taroma though because I'm a clean freak I just do a 950 clean cycle and all is good very quickly - the top of the ceroma would stain yellow a little but you won't have that issue, Ti is all good regardless

The dab on top of weed is also quite tasty but not as hard a hit as through the balls on the way

The QXL lite rocks
The bottom plenty screen is safe as it fits perfectly into the gap in the gog and then the ruby pearls slide in the rest of the gap and act like a lock on the screen as the rest push them out and in place
The top screen can come loose as it cools down but stays fine while hot - I am thinking a circlip or something in there over the screen should make the top safe too then

It hits hard - just not Ti couch lock hard - but harder than the Tlite and tastes great
The proper qaroma isn't meant to hit as hard as the Taroma either
This may be very similar in function and taste? Mine has more balls I think lol
Great airflow

Last edited:
Hello. The purpose of the beads is to provide a way to slow the air down right?
I have a crystal quartz 4mm bead bracelet.
I plan on cleaning out the beads and putting a screen in glass bowl of a bong and the hooking a silicon tube from the bowl to my plenty vaporizer.
I think it sould work, especially because the beads have a hole in the middle.

IMG_20221008_222725.jpg

Star mints joint
My first combustion in 2 years
This cultivar was given high praise for the earthy spicy taste
In the vape it tasted like warm spices
In the joint it tasted like ash tray

Think combusting is over for me period

How many ruby pearls you have in your custom injector (?) @felvapes ?
Think I'm going to order some parts and construct my own injector

Hello. The purpose of the beads is to provide a way to slow the air down right?
In this instance the thread is referring to ball vapes, the balls are heated by a PID coil (in some type of housing) and that heat is used to vape your material by convection.
Not sure about your Plenty mod...a picture in the Plenty thread when you are set up would be great...and welcome to the forum!

@718isaac The balls are the actual heating method and they release the heat that vapes your weed as Les explained
@Tincandtoke I'm not 100% - there are about 400-600 3mm balls in there

It was mentioned elsewhere the glass may crack and spill hot balls everywhere

While I don't think this will be an issue - I thought I better mention it as a disclaimer

@718isaac The balls are the actual heating method and they release the heat that vapes your weed as Les explained
@Tincandtoke I'm not 100% - there are about 400-600 3mm balls in there

It was mentioned elsewhere the glass may crack and spill hot balls everywhere

While I don't think this will be an issue - I thought I better mention it as a disclaimer

I was going to start with and Auber rdk 300b and A couple of 20mm open end coils
IMG_20221008_232758.jpgIMG_20221009_082154.jpgIMG_20221009_082201.jpgIMG_20221009_082215.jpg

Was wondering what wrapping the titanium chamber from the Ditanium would produce
It may work better than the nozzle on the Ditanium since it would nullify the accidental combustion when the material contacts the hot metal of the nozzle

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back