Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape SHOW US YOUR BALLS - Ball vapes - user experience and comparisons

I noticed RVS have the Taroma lite plus in stock, last night
so now I'm looking forward to seeing what twice the number of balls does to the vapour signature lol
and not looking forward to deciding which coil to stretch
and wondering if they've missed a trick by not selling a longer custom coil like iDB Cloud Connoisseur is planning or Dan ModPod did for the DeskPod
I guess that's gotta be the next, if they're all gonna be making taller heads in the future
I just stretched and wrapped a coil around my b2cvape ti bowl last night
Kinda like a mini plus now
More balls and temps down another 20°
Love stoner mecano
Also gonna try using it as a heated bowl too now
I worked out how to make the bowl work better, use a larger screen and friction fit to the groove inside
Then lower post a bit
The bowl extracts evenly to the sides and gives that conduction kick with a heatsoak
But, stoner mecano is also fun and it makes a great baller/heated bowl too
IMG20230314160457.jpg

Also the XL killing 1 gram in one draw with a tidy up
Flower dabs

I noticed RVS have the Taroma lite plus in stock, last night
so now I'm looking forward to seeing what twice the number of balls does to the vapour signature lol
and not looking forward to deciding which coil to stretch
and wondering if they've missed a trick by not selling a longer custom coil like iDB Cloud Connoisseur is planning or Dan ModPod did for the DeskPod
I guess that's gotta be the next, if they're all gonna be making taller heads in the future

Props to the person who comes up with a coil stretching kit

This is my kit for stretching
View attachment 44889
It's the tightening and form fitting that is more work using needle nose pliers I find

Sold!
How much $139 + tax and shipping
Actually making my own injector is something I wanted to do but my hands are terrible at fiddly little things
Watched a YouTube video and I would need assistance to do the coils
I was thinking jeweler tools for ring sizing

Using the stock lower screen from the Tiodw v3 I have made a secure lid for the diy mini plus bowl mod
It taps in place perfectly and friction fits so I can tap it upside down on the table and it won't come out
Swapped the basket for a flat mesh with wider holes
To remove this I'm going to have to try and tap it out from the bottom now using the balls to push it out
Or try putting in the freezer
Works well though as a baller now
IMG20230316211336.jpg
IMG20230316211321.jpg

B2cvape now have XL Ti bowls I have coming
Will be good for the xl as a bowl but I also will wrap a coil around one to try
They also have glass passthrough bowls with out a glass screen
Just a lip for the mesh screen

They have a new ceramic coming out soon that has balls in the coil area only

Looking at these style coils now, maybe good for the extra coverage and possibly bring the temps down even more again
AU $44.64 5%OFF | 1pcs SYJ15 Heating Coil Hot Runner Heating Coil Hot Runner

Last edited:
Is there a standard size open end coil folks should be using?
16mm or 20mm for example
Is there one size that fits most of chambers?
Most use a 20mm coil
The z8/zx/zs uses a 16mm coil
The XL heads use a 30mm coil
There's a new one coming out that uses a 25mm coil

But in general the most common is a 20mm coil with an 18mm injector bowl or 22mm diffuser bowl

Down to 500 with the Taroma lite plus on the Qaroma bowl
It's powerful and tasty, able to clear the bowl in 2
but
Heat spread isn't great so far with 299 balls inside (I lost 1) so I guess I need to fiddle with the coil altho it looks pretty even already
And the joint isn't great as it's sitting high and sticking in the unground joint of my Qaroma bowls (and the stands I use which are all a little oversized for all my other injectors so they never stick) which makes it a 2 handed operation each time you want to move it.
So I doubt it'll get much use if I can't fix those issues to be honest.

After 13 pages of ball vape talk I feel I should apologise for not telling you all before ...
The Glass Symphony and it's smaller siblings still rule them all
Sorry bout that :)

This parts list by fazZ8484 is pretty good, if you want to make one

It's all laboratory glass so there are many compatible glass pieces you can use
I use a thinner 19/26 claisen and 2.5mm rubies in my daily driver glass symphomini
Or you can use an MA2/3 claisen to make a short 24mm version, for example

fxcj5467ygc61.jpg

What do you use for a heater...a digital soldering iron or a rosin press heater rod with PID controller?

I use the Topright one in the link (and wrap the heater rod carefully in Aluminium foil to fill the gap) for my GS builds
I think TopRight use their own wiring so you need to be careful not to get PIDs and heaters mixed up as it tripped a fuse and killed one of my Chinese PIDs when I plugged the TopRight heater rod into it - and killed a PC when I reset the electrics :doh:

But I do make similar things with 900 series ceramic soldering iron elements too
And always on the lookout for more glass I can put an element in

I use the Topright one in the link (and wrap the heater rod carefully in Aluminium foil to fill the gap) for my GS builds
I think TopRight use their own wiring so you need to be careful not to get PIDs and heaters mixed up as it tripped a fuse and killed one of my Chinese PIDs when I plugged the TopRight heater rod into it - and killed a PC when I reset the electrics :doh:

But I do make similar things with 900 series ceramic soldering iron elements too
And always on the lookout for more glass I can put an element in

Does it make decent moonshine?
Looks just short of a still
Frankenstein Herborizer
vaporizer-bubbler-ti.jpg

Boro glass balls are better than the rubies and sic?

Hope you guys know that every time I come to this thread Bon Scott is ringing in my ears!

Join us, join us :smilie-devil:

I stuck some rubies in one of my 19/26 symphomini builds last week to see if it made much difference
Flavour and production are pretty much identical at 20F lower than with the boro balls

And have made a couple of 19/26 builds without any balls inside that need about another 100F to perform

While I remember :)
This is the heat transfer compound that Jojo Monkey used in the original GS XLR
Safekote 60
It's a silicone and copper paste that you can cook out for a while to harden in the gap between the heater rod and the thermometer tube

I struggled to find anything similar here so as I say, I wrap the rod in Aluminium foil which also means you can take it out and slip it into another build quite easily.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back