Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Something completely different

Rehydrate report lol

The Church sitting at 52% RH in the XL cvault, 2x 60g boost 62%'s working their magic. Orange Hill Special sitting at 59% RH in XL cvault, got that one right :thumbsup: Gonna be watching the last two plants drying at 4-5 days and see where they are. Ambient RH is 30%, temps are low however, have some water in the tent though I think it's not helping much as it's only about a gallon of water, temps in the low 60's.

The trick with the water is surface area, the more the better, shallow oven trays are good (a small fan blowing across the water can also help) and spraying water down the walls would not hurt (just don't mist the plants too much).
Man that is a dry climate!

The trick with the water is surface area, the more the better, shallow oven trays are good (a small fan blowing across the water can also help) and spraying water down the walls would not hurt (just don't mist the plants too much).
Man that is a dry climate!

From my years of staying in hotels, I like using wet towels. I used to hang them near heaters in dry hotels. But hanging over a chair with a fan would be good.

Cheese and Bruce banger got their trim, 4 hours later all done.

The cheese had a really rank smell, I've heard people in UK refer to it as filth. Oddly enough it has a sweet cream taste.
20191009_183123.jpg
20191009_184938.jpg
20191009_191649.jpg
20191009_202254.jpg

Bruce Banger, smells of fuel and berries, taste very similar. This was the best yielder of the lot and I'm sure the cola I cut that had mold would have added another 4g.
20191009_204455.jpg
20191009_205824.jpg
20191009_214713.jpg

Bloody mold, oh well, lesson learnt...move that air!

Thanks ya'll! bonghit Again I gotta give it up to @arb for sharing his method, it wouldn't have been this much of a success without the easy-mode he taught us.

About 4 months in total, $160 in electricity (I put $40/mo on electric no matter what just to cover it, but I'm sure actual usage was a little less), Just over 11 oz harvested from 4 plants. Tent was filled I think about 60%? So there is room to really improve the yields and cost per ounce for a patient growing their own medicine. I used about 1/5 of the sunshine mix #4 bale for those 4 pots, the jacks fertilizer was negligible, probably less than 50 cents per plant to feed over the whole lifecycle. I was watering them mostly every 3-4 days, it was all very laid back and un-stressful. The mold incident sniped me out of the blue! This is the cheapest cannabis I've grown to date and quite possibly the best quality.

@LesPlenty yes indeed my friend, seems once I put that small little fan in there everything changed, will incorporate that going forward for sure.

The next attempt is going to try and fill out the canopy completely and see what's doing. Also learned this time some defoliation may be in order, and I am thinking about lollipopping these plants because those lower buds even though they're maybe 20" away from the light they get really none down there, seems like a waste of time to trim any of that yet I do. The logic is the plant will be able to focus her energy on buds. Anyway still trying to decide what to do, I got all my beans in starter pots waiting to sprout for the next go.

I appreciate everyone looking! This is another one down, my favorite was the church actually, best effects and buds are hard as rock. We'll see if the cure changes things, the other 3 varieties seem to be just a step down in potency. I've only sampled the lower buds so my opinion may change when I hit the tops, I don't dare disturb them for a while though...

Beautiful! I've never seen from seed to harvest, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and commentary. Where I live, ( not the worse, but, possibly?) they are a bunch of tight asses. Complain about every small freedom, that the new laws, give us. It was such a joy to watch and hope for, the legal ability to grow. Please, @psychonaut , include us in your next grow.

Beautiful! I've never seen from seed to harvest, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and commentary. Where I live, ( not the worse, but, possibly?) they are a bunch of tight asses. Complain about every small freedom, that the new laws, give us. It was such a joy to watch and hope for, the legal ability to grow. Please, @psychonaut , include us in your next grow.

Thanks and I will for sure! I got some pics already of the new beans getting started. My hope is to share with the community accessible varieties anyone can get their hands on, and for fellow rosineers which ones are worthwhile resin producers.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back