Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Spine injury

Basement Farmer

C5 thru C7 corpectomy with fusion at a relatively young age. By and large no issues and I lead a normal, active life but ....I got my card in 2013 started growing my own medicine and have allowed it to improve my mojo.

Would be interested in hearing about outcomes from others who have been down a similar road.

C5 thru C7 corpectomy with fusion at a relatively young age. By and large no issues and I lead a normal, active life but ....I got my card in 2013 started growing my own medicine and have allowed it to improve my mojo.

Would be interested in hearing about outcomes from others who have been down a similar road.

L3-L5 fusion almost 16 years ago at age 49.

I've been growing my own since 09.

I used to have a lot of nerve pain. I tried 3 different scripts without success. But using mj daily pretty much ended that pain.

I still have problems, get sore at times, but I also take care of a big piece of property, big garden, have a tractor and implements do a lot of work with them.

And I grow for medical marijuana patients. That itself is like a part time job.

I also have asthma, and replaced a worn out hip in 18.

Without using marijuana daily I seriously doubt I could do most of what I'm doing now.

My only script is for a slow thyroid, and inhalers for asthma.

I'm kind of wondering if I qualify, having just had surgery (on the 6th of November) that involved putting electrical wires in my lower spine attached to a battery pack placed in my lower back. I've been having this done for 30 years, whenever the batteries die. In theory, the wires could be reused, but there is always a reason for them to be replaced. It hurts, but is getting better. My movements are limited until the wires scar into the spine and won't be torn out by bending, twisting or lifting.
So I don't know. Spinal injury with regular surgery, because of surgery, or no injury but live wires and neurosurgery but it doesn't count?

So far my spinal injuries have been managed with mildly invasive procedures like Proliferation Therapy and Radio Frequency Ablasions. And cannabis - lots and lots of cannabis. Medicated topicals and ingestibles have replaced a swack of drugs, and I've been pill free for almost 2 years now.

I've got another three weeks of not being able to reach, twist, lift, stretch, etc. It takes about six weeks to get the wire to set into the spine, and the wrong movement will pull it out. After the first 30 hours after surgery, I've been trying to manage the pain with cannabis. It works pretty well. Better than opiates I can't keep down anyway.

I'm kind of wondering if I qualify, having just had surgery (on the 6th of November) that involved putting electrical wires in my lower spine attached to a battery pack placed in my lower back. I've been having this done for 30 years, whenever the batteries die. In theory, the wires could be reused, but there is always a reason for them to be replaced. It hurts, but is getting better. My movements are limited until the wires scar into the spine and won't be torn out by bending, twisting or lifting.
So I don't know. Spinal injury with regular surgery, because of surgery, or no injury but live wires and neurosurgery but it doesn't count?

How much does the device help?I know the movement restrictions can be difficult. I’vehad those in the past.

How much does the device help?I know the movement restrictions can be difficult. I’vehad those in the past.
Fortunately, it works extremely well. I like the new model, and love, love, love, the new programmer it comes with. The biggest negative is to put it in, it has to be put in. No way around surgery. No way around recovery either, no matter how much I fuss. It should be about 7 years before I have to do it again, so I try to keep it in perspective. It's just hard to not reach, stretch, bend, twist or lift, right now. I'd also like it to stop hurting, but the pain it causes is less than the pain it prevents, so I will replace it when it's time.

Fortunately, it works extremely well. I like the new model, and love, love, love, the new programmer it comes with. The biggest negative is to put it in, it has to be put in. No way around surgery. No way around recovery either, no matter how much I fuss. It should be about 7 years before I have to do it again, so I try to keep it in perspective. It's just hard to not reach, stretch, bend, twist or lift, right now. I'd also like it to stop hurting, but the pain it causes is less than the pain it prevents, so I will replace it when it's time.
Does the mechanism of the device work similarly to what a TENS unit would do Madri-Gal?

Exactly. It's an internally placed TENS unit. Battery pack leads to wires placed in spine, electrical current used to block pain signals.

Thanx. What led to this, herniation?

Even though my recovery was great, I was told to expect issues later in life thanks to the strain the fusion puts on adjoining vertebrae. I'm having some pain and numbness similar,i but no where near as bad, to what was going on leading up to surgery. I know the deal and don't really putting the time and money into it before trying a few lower cost\ disruptive alternatives.

I have a load of other musculoskeletal issues too. Both of my ankles have been broken, so my posture is hideous when I walk. The ankles don't bother me but my hips and knees suffer thanks to my gait. A TENS sounds like it may be the ticket for some of these issues.

Off to search ebay....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back