Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Storage Solutions

you like glass jars for concentrate best?
Never even tried it, I like how my silicon pucks look like new after the last dab stick dip so have not really hurried into glass collecting. I also like how easy it is to wipe off my rosin collection tools on the sidewall of the silicon jobs, peer pressure is making me try glass!

Never even tried it
My memory failed me there, I have used concentrate out of the HeadBanger quartz jars and yes, they are a pain to try and get all the rosin out of, silicon is so much easier to live with.
I have noticed my Cvault has some rust spots on the outside of the lid where the boveda holder was welded on the inside,
IMG_20200224_150739.jpg

Edit, the top arrow did not quite line up, the rust spot is still visible half way up the arrow to the right though. hehe

I have been looking at silicon again and stumbled across unbranded clamshell platinum cured silicone 6ml containers, the ones with NoGoo on them sell for up to $20ea so these are not too bad...$45 for 20 of them,
1583157533289.png

My Nogoo clamshell is my favorite container as it is wide and flat and rosin is easy to smear on the silicon puck once you pop it out of the plastic shell for rosin collection.

Got the clam shell containers shown above, they are exactly the same as my NoGoo (silicon swaps between them perfectly,
IMG_20200527_145426.jpg

IMG_20200527_150406.jpg

Great value at about AU$3ea.

I saw CVault mentioned here which is what I use for my flower before I grind it, but I recently started using Jyarz for my ground material. They are really sturdy, glass lined, plastic bottle. I like that the caps can either be regular or child proof and come in different colors. I would recommend checking them out. The one shown is the child proof cap. The glass insert slides out for easy cleaning. So far I am digging this.

jyarz.jpg

I saw CVault mentioned here which is what I use for my flower before I grind it, but I recently started using Jyarz for my ground material. They are really sturdy, glass lined, plastic bottle. I like that the caps can either be regular or child proof and come in different colors. I would recommend checking them out. The one shown is the child proof cap. The glass insert slides out for easy cleaning. So far I am digging this.

View attachment 33670
I've been a fan of Jyarz for years. My main beef was that they didn't make one large enough for an ounce. The largest one they currently sell (the Big Papi) only holds 16 oz. Because of that, I switched over to glass canning jars.

But... I have quite a few. Here's a sampling of some of them :biggrin:

When out and about with ground flower I use Jyarz because their sturdy wee burgers that survive drops no issues, for home use I use the larger Kilner jars for larger amounts, that’s over 2.5oz that jar, I’m sure they will make larger sizes as well. I actually have a jar collection that’s got out of hand over the years, can’t throw any away I always think I can use this :rofl: , not a hoarder honestly.
7BF1C305-EA4A-4CC5-BEF9-4F15098C8E3A.jpeg

C8FBEB55-526F-445F-BE72-69471730CBB4.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m always planning for those emergency days lol so these are 304 stainless steel, got 2g primo banana Kush in the new small containers 1g in each and 4.5g of old school Thai in the larger for moment for the set of keys im sure some day I’ll be thankful I’ve still got a little stash when I’m shitless haha. And surprisingly it doesn’t feel too bulky which I feared. Had to grind it pretty fine to get those amounts and tamp it down as you could imagine but in an emergency I doubt I’ll be caring haha. Anyways hope every one had a good Xmas and new year.

DD505EC8-F6DB-49A1-A9DA-B00DF713A107.jpeg

Last edited:
I was looking at getting some dark jars for holding my in-use batch of herbs and found a better solution, no double handling from mason jar to a dark is as easy as slipping my Puffco Peak Pro box over the quart mason jar. :thumbsup:
Shown here almost closed (it covers it nicely),
1688795580202.jpg

Having access to a few different strains made me look into some small containers for ground herb for easy access/daily use and I found the CVault Small Twist (7-14g capacity),

1697707926563.jpg

1697707562702.jpg

They also make an Extra-Small (XSmall) but no stock where I go mine. Found a good US seller,

Anyone here tried Grove bags?
Their Terploc technology apparently allows the air in and out but keeps the terpenes in and the humidity between 58 and 62%
Which is good for storage and curing, and they take up less space than an empty glass jar
So I keep reading of growers switching to using them instead of the jars and bovedas (or Integra boost)

If you buy by the Oz it may well have come in a Terploc bag as they will also print them up too

I've picked up a few to try but was wondering people's thoughts before I start throwing weed in them

I noticed the Boveda packs were going hard/drying out and a member on another forum expressed the same problem with the new Twist Cvaults. I noticed the lids could 'pop' off if not twisted on far enough. I have added grippers to the containers and now I am able to twist the lids on tighter and have had no more Boveda packs(or the herbs) dry out.
1705807292931.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back