Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Sugared Doughnut Holes

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
If I was making these, I would use infused flour, milk, sugar and butter.

Sugared Doughnut Holes

sugar-coated-doughnut-munchies.jpg

Total: 30 minutes

Ingredients

3 cups bread flour
1 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
canola oil, for frying

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, 1/4 cup|58 grams sugar, the baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the milk, butter, vanilla, and egg. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky dough forms.

2. Heat 4-inches oil in a 6-qt. saucepan until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350°F|175°C. Working in batches, roll about 1/2 oz.|10 grams batter into a loose, sticky ball; carefully slide into oil and fry, turning often, until puffed and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer doughnut holes to a baking sheet with a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Let doughnuts cool completely before tossing in remaining sugar to coat.

To be clear, would flour, milk, sugar and butter be infused, or just the flour? Would this be the Canna flour you posted? I'm not sure about doughnut holes, as I hate to fry (cleanup is awful), but am curious about marking Something medible with Canna flour. Right now, I'm thinking Hot fudge pudding cake, but pouring hot coffee over all instead of boiling water. The intensity of the cocoa and coffee might mask the weedy flavor. I put some bud up to 'water cure' to further decrease the flavor. Mebbe a more savory direction...

I would infuse everything that could be infused @Madri-Gal . That way I'd only have to eat one; hopefully lol.

But you could take several approaches. You could use the Canna flour and have that be your primary active in the recipe. Or you could add decarbed concentrates to the milk and butter. The only thing I wouldn't do is depend on infused sugar for the 'high.' I don't think it gets strong enough. And might make the doughnuts taste awful.

For the outer sugar that you roll them in, it might be nice to add some cinnamon to mask the cannabis flavor as well.

I would infuse everything that could be infused @Madri-Gal . That way I'd only have to eat one; hopefully lol.

But you could take several approaches. You could use the Canna flour and have that be your primary active in the recipe. Or you could add decarbed concentrates to the milk and butter. The only thing I wouldn't do is depend on infused sugar for the 'high.' I don't think it gets strong enough. And might make the doughnuts taste awful.

For the outer sugar that you roll them in, it might be nice to add some cinnamon to mask the cannabis flavor as well.
Cinnamon, for sure.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back