Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety Tafée Bowle Material Safety

Not the proprietary metal blend... but a general response, from the company.
It is a coil sandwiched between a two layered ceramic heater.
The ceramic "sandwich" which is a separate heat source, although in close proximity, maintains the heat that the coil rapidly elevates the temperature to.

Last edited:
Not the proprietary metal blend... but a general response, from the company.
It is a coils sandwiched between tow ceramic layers.
The ceramic "sandwich" which is a separate heat source, although in close proximity, maintains the heat that the coil rapidly elevates the temperature to.
Yes,a vague non answer.
Saddens me that manufacturers are taking this route as I seem to remember when we as a community cared about such things.

Yes,a vague non answer.
I do not believe that the answer was vague at all.
They simply did not say the names of the metal used... and I did not think to ask.
I used the term "proprietary metal blend" in my reply to your question... and I followed that with my answer.
"1 coil heater and a ceramic heater built to sandwich the coil heater."
It is a coils sandwiched between tow ceramic layers.
Saddens me that manufacturers are taking this route as I seem to remember when we as a community cared about such things.
We as a community do care about these things.
I do not know what "Route" you feel the manufacturer is taking.
I asked a simple question in which I did not ask for specifics... and I did not ask for chemical names.
Vito: "What type of heater is it?"
Taffy Wares: "it is a coil heater, sandwiched between a 2 layered ceramic heater".

I am the one that used the term proprietary in response to your question, and THEN I gave their answer.
"Not the proprietary metal blend" was my prelude to the reply.
Proprietary does not always mean it is a secret.
It means it is made "in house", or is made specifically for one maker/manufacturer.

I do not believe that the answer was vague at all.
They simply did not say the names of the metal used... and I did not think to ask.
I used the term "proprietary metal blend" in my reply to your question... and I followed that with my answer.
"1 coil heater and a ceramic heater built to sandwich the coil heater."

We as a community do care about these things.
I do not know what "Route" you feel the manufacturer is taking.
I asked a simple question in which I did not ask for specifics... and I did not ask for chemical names.
Vito: "What type of heater is it?"
Taffy Wares: "it is a coil heater, sandwiched between a 2 layered ceramic heater".

I am the one that used the term proprietary in response to your question, and THEN I gave their answer.
"Not the proprietary metal blend" was my prelude to the reply.
Proprietary does not always mean it is a secret.
It means it is made "in house", or is made specifically for one maker/manufacturer.
Sorry I was unclear and if I seemed to be jabbing at you I am not.
I hold you in the utmost respect and want to make that clear.
You are correct in that being the case so I will ask them specifically what the alloy is and if they are willing to tell me.
That way I am not casting false aspersions where none exist.
Thanks for pointing out what I was missing for me I appreciate you doing that.

I was just clarifying that they were not taking a secretive or non-disclosive type of road.
Bruno at Tafée Wares is happy to answer any questions...
and he is a patient.
He thereby is very concerned with the medical aspects of this tool.
I think they took a great deal of time to think this one over, and when it was done, they still tested it for a couple of months.
You will find Bruno very forthcoming!

So what metal is it?
I will guess kanthal because manufacturers usually say S/S or Ti if they use them...but I have been wrong many times before.:smile:

I am now three emails deep and still dancing around a straight answer.
I am less and less impressed with the transparency each time.
One email I chalked up to misunderstanding, two I chalked up to a possible language barrier,Three I assume subterfuge and walk away.
Maybe one of you cares enough to pursue it further.

I am now three emails deep and still dancing around a straight answer.
I am less and less impressed with the transparency each time.
One email I chalked up to misunderstanding, two I chalked up to a possible language barrier,Three I assume subterfuge and walk away.
Maybe one of you cares enough to pursue it further.
Sounds like a person that doesn't know the actual answers and doesn't want to bother finding out...

As usual asking you leads to the truth.
Thanks to you and Bruno here is part of his reply.
" specific heater alloy is a mixture of nickel, chromium and steel."
So nobody else..........ok I will.
Chromium,
Results indicate that trivalent chromium in Cr2O3 could be readily converted to hexavalent chromium at a temperature range of 200-300 degrees C, with conversion rates of up to 50% in 12 h.
Breathing in high levels of hexavalent chromium can cause irritation to the nose and throat. Symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, coughing, itching and a burning sensation. Repeated or prolonged exposure can cause sores to develop in the nose and result in nosebleedsand of course cancer.
Nickel is a known issue and why it is rarely used in coils for ecigs.
Steel is ok depending on what type.
Might wanna not suck on this one?

On demand convection heaters would get way hotter at the coil compared to the bowl...look at how most of them glow when powered. :twocents:
I will stick to my S&B aluminium, so much safer:rofl:

That's up to an astoundingly high temperature of 572º
The vaporizer does not get that hot.
The glow says it is hitting higher than that.
Heat has its own color and everything glows the same at say 1000c.
Craftman-Table.jpg

These are the colors of heat........the wires getting that hot.

My Ghost looked like about 2000f!
edit, it was on concentrate mode, medium heat looked like 1900.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back