Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Talking varieties

I am wanting to try a Sativa biased plant to grow for a bit of a change, what is a really strong, memorable type of plant to try?
I like the look of the old Panama Red strain, any suggestions? The sativa will be grown separately fron my normal Incredible Bulk and I don't mind using Yo-yos to hold up big buds.:thumbsup:
Panama Red;

I am wanting to try a Sativa biased plant to grow for a bit of a change, what is a really strong, memorable type of plant to try?
I like the look of the old Panama Red strain, any suggestions? The sativa will be grown separately fron my normal Incredible Bulk and I don't mind using Yo-yos to hold up big buds.:thumbsup:what
Panama Red;
What a pretty strain!
Where did you get that from?
So much of that where we hung out as young guns (grommets)
It grew next two the streams by the farms on the path to the beach!

Last edited:
I've had some herb that my sister grew, and it was from the same batch but different plant and the buds looked slightly different and gave slightly different effect. I don't know if we'll ever have it down to an exact science.

I like the look of the old Panama Red strain, any suggestions? The sativa will be grown separately fron my normal Incredible Bulk and I don't mind using Yo-yos to hold up big buds.:thumbsup:
Panama Red;

I like the hazes, super silver haze, lemon haze and the like. But I've always wanted to try growing the landrace sativas. Unfortunately in my set up it would be a huge problem. I grow with a scrog screen and harvest over about two weeks, with the next crop always chopping at the bit to get in the flower room. The timing just doesn't work in my room for a 20 week flower variety. Maybe someday.

I like the hazes, super silver haze, lemon haze and the like. But I've always wanted to try growing the landrace sativas. Unfortunately in my set up it would be a huge problem. I grow with a scrog screen and harvest over about two weeks, with the next crop always chopping at the bit to get in the flower room. The timing just doesn't work in my room for a 20 week flower variety. Maybe someday.

Sad but true, I have found a 10 week variety that's pretty good, stretches a bit but I grew it in a tent and managed to keep it an acceptable height.

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Desfran/Dutch_Passion/

Desfrán is a legendary variety in South America and a multiple prize winner of many cannabis cups. Desfrán is the result of crossing Destroyer with Destroyer, she was originally a 3-way crossing of Mexican Oaxaca, Colombian Punto Rojo and Meao Thai and comes to Dutch Passion thanks to Alberto from Argentina.

a769843284a96bf10ad34ec6dc3009a9.jpg

]
Panama Red;
how does it Vape?

how does it Vape?
I do not know, just looking to maybe grow it at this stage.:thumbsup:

I grow with a scrog screen
I had to look that up, that is how I have grown my mother plant for over 20 years, I called it the tennis racquet method.:myday: After I take my clones I chop my Mumma back to almost the strings so much it looks dead but it always comes back, like trimming a hedge.:thumbsup:

I do not know, just looking to maybe grow it at this stage.:thumbsup:

I had to look that up, that is how I have grown my mother plant for over 20 years, I called it the tennis racquet method.:myday: After I take my clones I chop my Mumma back to almost the strings so much it looks dead but it always comes back, like trimming a hedge.:thumbsup:

Some day if I ever get a new phone ill take some pics. My set up is basically this.

I have eight plants on wheeled carts in 12-15 gallon pots. (my pots are nursery size 15 gallon, but really around 12) About 42 inches from the ground, I have galvanized fencing stretched across a 4.5' x 9.5' frame. The fence holes are 2x4. Above are two 1k lights in sealed raptor hoods. I veg the room until I have green on at least 80% of the fencing, then flip it to start flowering. I have panda film curtains that drape down over the frame on the long sides but 6 inches narrower at the top to reflect light back on the plants. I designed the room to act like a big grow tent. But the curtains do open for access. one end is a wall and the other is open with a wall mounted fan to blow accross the canopy. I also have a small fan blowing uder the canopy. On 3 sides of the grow area I can walk around and have room to work on the plants. This room will give me approx 50 oz of dried buds give or take per harvest.

I don't keep mother plants. Instead I take cuts off plants sometime before I put the room in flower. Slow growers get a week or two head start before the faster growers in an attempt to keep an even canopy height when they get in flower. I take plenty of extras and either give away or cull the extras.

When buying a variety, is it normal for there to be variety in one ounce? Like... Some buds look different than the majority. Or is this the company putting random buds in there? Lol

When my sister grows, it's one plant per variety, so all the bugs essentially look the same from each variety. But I'm imagining ok a larger scale is there some plants that might look a little different but come from the same type of seeds?

When buying a variety, is it normal for there to be variety in one ounce? Like... Some buds look different than the majority. Or is this the company putting random buds in there? Lol

When my sister grows, it's one plant per variety, so all the bugs essentially look the same from each variety. But I'm imagining ok a larger scale is there some plants that might look a little different but come from the same type of seeds?

Yep they can look a little different. My top cola will mature with some darker hues (bluish purple) to the calyxes and such whereas 8" down on the plant the buds don't get those colors. This was with white widow. They are generally a bit more fluffy too as the buds just aren't as developed due to less intense light.

I'm guessing it's also cultivar dependant, my orange hill special is pretty much green and orange colors throughout.

The buds will never be the same if the plants are from seed.
Similar for sure sometimes but you needs cuts for it to be the same.
Buds off different plants from the same cut will also be consistent when grown in the same batch......unless there are quality control issues of course.

Yep they can look a little different. My top cola will mature with some darker hues (bluish purple) to the calyxes and such whereas 8" down on the plant the buds don't get those colors. This was with white widow. They are generally a bit more fluffy too as the buds just aren't as developed due to less intense light.

I'm guessing it's also cultivar dependant, my orange hill special is pretty much green and orange colors throughout.
Different seeds for sure will grow different tress!
I sometimes look for purple!
Some times yellow.
Different day different color.
I must be honest?
Tried a T-break and boy that was such a sick thing to try!

Last night GPD ROSIN = night night nirvana kine! POV of course
I need to grow this?

The buds will never be the same if the plants are from seed.
Similar for sure sometimes but you needs cuts for it to be the same.

Could you explain this? Or maybe a source? Your statement is puzzling to me. I dont think I've ever heard that.

I usually grow from cuts, but sometimes from seed. Never seen a difference from the same variety. The branching is different, but in my experience the buds are the same. What's the difference?

One little trick I use to get fully mature buds from the lower parts of a plant is to harvest the top first to let the light mature lower buds.

Last edited:
I meant that two plants from seed will not produce same buds whereas two plants that are the same cut will.........given the same environmental conditions.

Oh, ok.

I think that highlights the difference in breeders. Breeders that just breed a male and female get varied results, (f1's) but that gap narrows each time cuts are bred to each other. (f 2, f 3 and so on)

I have two super silver haze in flower right now. Two females out of 3 seeds that grew. I'll have to compare, but my guess is there won't be much difference cause the breeder, mr nice, takes their time and does a good job. On the other hand there are quite a few local pollen chuckers (some are my friends, lol) that I avoid.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back