Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Talking varieties

Arb, I keep distilled water because the tap tastes bad to me (coffee is sooo much better with distilled), and black particulates settle out of it when left to sit. I only used a TBSP anyway...seemed no reason not to. Please feel free to offer any comments at all: I am in full sponge mode!

Mom, I will do that: it won’t be a grow journal, just so I don’t get anyone’s hopes up (like mine), this is just a germination test. Thanks for the encouragement!
Oh! A grow journal would be wonderful! I love to see how the real growers do it. Mine is all over the place. Some seeds didn't crack, and it was sad, and I just put out more seeds. Then weeks later, the original seeds decided they wanted to grow too. Yesterday one from the first of April popped up with little leaves, and the other "lost" seeds were already catching up to the others. My clones go in the laundry room at night so I can have some light on them part of the night so they don't flower. That's the kind of funky gardener I am. I involve laundry rooms and take a month to crack seeds. I did put two autoflower in cloth pots ( upcycled shopping bags). One of the "lost" seeds might be an autoflower. Should be fun to figure out, because I know I'll assume I messed up the light somehow. I can see the panic coming.
I encourage you to grow if you can, @ClearBlueLou. You are going through a lot, and something about plants and growing is healing. If you aren't in a position to grow yet, take heart that your day will come and one day you'll be growing with the best of them.

Can’t really express how much I appreciate your encouragement, Madri-Gal - Mom and @arb likewise: it really matters to have friends on the same page....

Yes, I am in a situation where there is neither room for nor acceptance of me putting in a crop of herb, but I must take what steps I can, I have to move forward, no matter what. I am also putting together an organic soil mix which will house tomatoes in the back yard, but I am doing it as practice for my real crop in the future, so I am building the soil according to what I’ve learned about making a living soil - I figure the experience will pay off, AND I’ll have homegrown tomatoes!

Here’s a link to the thread I made: https://vaporasylum.com/threads/germination-of-ancient-bagseed-an-experimental-thread.913/

@ClearBlueLou even if you don't follow through with the grow, it's a good way to document stuff and keep track of where things are, and also, the history you can refer back to.

@Madri-Gal you have to be doing better than me, you see my journal is dealing with lockouts and various other issues.

When I posted my grow journal, it wasn't to show off my skills, it was to document the grow and take in information from the community. While I may or may not take the advise given, it is good conversation and helps me learn. Plus the journal can hold some people accountable?

Anyhow, I love seeing everyone's grow contributions. Keep growing folks, it only gets easier and better the more you do it. I'm on my 5th year and still struggling.

@psychonaut, I get it about detailing and keeping track...it absolutely helps me to spell things out, it’s a way to hold myself accountable, and to remind myself of what I’m about...this project is already quite freeing - oddly enough, part of that sense of freedom comes from not *having* to carry it through to a harvest; it brings back some of the wonder of childhood - seeing what will happen, whether guesses pan out, wondering what I’ll learn today...makes me feel lighthearted...which reminds me, I need to head down to the bait shop & pick up some red wigglers for my new worm bucket!

My plants mostly have numbers instead of names.
I do name the line but individual plants get a phenotype selected and selected sequential number so something like "Crosseyed Nancy 5-1,f-4"the f-number is how many generations I have linebred that particular line.
Gets confusing after a while so I keep a record of what gets crossed to what........not sure why but I do.
When we grew in HAWAII we only grew one kine!
I tried indoor da same only one kine?
I idolize your grows?

It’s like pulling hens teeth to grow thee daze!
My kid’s were scared when they saw my COLAS?

DUTCH CRUNCH are the seed’s 2B = CIVILIZED CANNABIS CULTURE

I would encourage you to start a thread of your own
And start a plant diary, here is a look into my sordid past;
IMG_20190501_150357 (2).jpg

So my first homegrown varieties are Gorilla Glue Auto, Girl Scout Cookies Auto & Blue Dream ‘Matic, all from Fast Buds Seeds. I decided to go with autoflowering varieties my first go round, due to personal time constraints and got more fun and excitement from the experience and have learned a lot. The shop was so generous with free extras, they liked my accent and loaded me up, so I plan 1 or 2 more auto-grows before my first photoperiodic adventure. I feel like I need to build up a supply & want a bit of variety on hand before trying that.

I’ve known a few proper growers (long time ago) that didn’t consider autos worthwhile in terms of yields and potency but I really think that those expectations have changed in the last few years. Autoflowering varieties have really come a long way since the OG Lowryder rolled onto the scene and nowadays, the most popular breeders/varieties all put up very respectable numbers for both potency & yields. They’re never going to make sense for the retail operations but for a certain type of grower, autoflowering cannabis can be just the ticket!

So my first homegrown varieties are Gorilla Glue Auto, Girl Scout Cookies Auto & Blue Dream ‘Matic, all from Fast Buds Seeds. I decided to go with autoflowering varieties my first go round, due to personal time constraints and got more fun and excitement from the experience and have learned a lot. The shop was so generous with free extras, they liked my accent and loaded me up, so I plan 1 or 2 more auto-grows before my first photoperiodic adventure. I feel like I need to build up a supply & want a bit of variety on hand before trying that.

I’ve known a few proper growers (long time ago) that didn’t consider autos worthwhile in terms of yields and potency but I really think that those expectations have changed in the last few years. Autoflowering varieties have really come a long way since the OG Lowryder rolled onto the scene and nowadays, the most popular breeders/varieties all put up very respectable numbers for both potency & yields. They’re never going to make sense for the retail operations but for a certain type of grower, autoflowering cannabis can be just the ticket!
You're my Autogrow Bro! Yay!

Some of the autos are massive plants, potency I think is still lacking a little but we'll see what my latest efforts is like. Overall I think they are a great strategic way of growing since they do their own thing like a marigold. TBH, with photo period you have a lot more options, so growing autos while is convenient usually cost more in electricity and have to be really careful topping as they may bloom on week 5 or week 7,8 or even 10! lol

I've been kicking around the best case for autos, and it almost comes down to outdoor growing capability. You can start them along with your photo's and they'll be finished long before the photos if planted early so you get a bumper crop. Indoors I dont think it makes as much sense, I'm starting to get a lil anxious because I have some that are gonna finish close to 16 weeks! For photos usually if I flip them at 4 weeks it's almost too much veg time so depending on the auto cultivar if they're not a a fast cultivar you could end up getting less yield than on a photo variety that you could have vegged for a shorter period of time, or longer, and topped, LST'd, etc.

I still love the fact that they can bloom with 18/20/24 hours of light. I've seen some massive auto plants. My biggest yielded almost 6oz (auto ultimate) off a single plant, let grown naturally, that one took forever to bloom as well, another 4 month from seed to chop.

So I am making up a list of seeds I am going to order in and try, I am mainly looking at Sativa dominant strains but would take any suggestions of a 'Must try' nature.
So far;
Bruce Banner Feminised Cannabis Seeds | Weed Seeds
Humboldt Seed Organisation Blue Dream Feminized
GreenHouse Seeds Super Silver Haze Feminised Cannabis Seeds
Bomb Seeds Gorilla Bomb Feminized Cannabis Seeds (I mainly want to look at this one because it is supposed to be a great rosin producer)
My order will be over 40 pound sterling so I will get 4x Feminized Green Crack seeds for free.
I have purchased from BonzaSeeds.com before with no trouble (apart from me stressing)
I will buy 2x each of the seeds to try to see what I like and what grows better in my environment before ordering more.
Those 8 seeds listed will cost me over AU$150, not cheap but should be worth the effort in the end.

So I am making up a list of seeds I am going to order in and try, I am mainly looking at Sativa dominant strains but would take any suggestions of a 'Must try' nature.
So far;
Bomb Seeds Gorilla Bomb Feminized Cannabis Seeds (I mainly want to look at this one because it is supposed to be a great rosin producer)
My order will be over 40 pound sterling so I will get 4x Feminized Green Crack seeds for free.
I have purchased from BonzaSeeds.com before with no trouble (apart from me stressing)
I will buy 2x each of the seeds to try to see what I like and what grows better in my environment before ordering more.
Those 8 seeds listed will cost me over AU$150, not cheap but should be worth the effort in the end.
MAUI WOWIE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES THAI GRAPEFRUIT PAPAYA CINDERELLA 99 would be my picks for me?
Get what work’s for U!
GDP ROSIN & LEMON HAZE honorable mentioned that R in da casa!
Whatever floats your pool toy?
After my nap I was thinking about my location?
Maybe I’m opinionated?
GDP is my before bed and my favorite INDICA!
LEMON HAZE is unreal 4 reading?

Last edited:
So far;
Durban Poison and Strawberry Cough.
You can't go wrong with Blue Dream, Super Silver Haze, Bruce Banner. Glad to see them on your list.

Had some super lemon haze in WA, that stuff was intense - left me twitchin’
Lemon Haze is so strong!

ROSIN rip’s R CIVILIZED!

Bowie bio I’m watching on you tube!

Love the way he thought!

Can you get HAZE strain’s on da web?
Strawberry COUGH is intoxicating!
@Madri-Gal can U get this one?
Decent 4 - sure!
LEMON HAZE grown in CALIFORNIA (nature provides) outdoor kine 4 da MODERN WORLD

CANNABIS COLAS & ROSIN R harmless however CIVILIZED

Last edited:
Lemon Haze is so strong!

ROSIN rip’s R CIVILIZED!

Bowie bio I’m watching on you tube!

Love the way he thought!

Can you get HAZE strain’s on da web?
Strawberry COUGH is intoxicating!
@Madri-Gal can U get this one?
Decent 4 - sure!
LEMON HAZE grown in CALIFORNIA!

CANNABIS COLAS & ROSIN R harmless however CIVILIZED
Yes, @ataxian, I can get Strawberry Cough. I love dessert strains. So many yummy flavors to choose from!
For you, my friend
downloadfile-146.jpg

I will look for it, @ataxian . I looked for clones of it, but didn't find one. I was lucky to find Blue Dream when buying clones. Some clones are hard to find. Have you tried Forbidden Fruit, @ataxian? I'll pick up some Strawberry Cough bud next time I'm at the shop, and I will think of you.
Where I’m living can’t find it and BLUE DREAM taste very pleasant however mess up my head?

I go by strain to help create?
Lemon HAZE if U can get it?
I have it in ROSIN however want COLAS of this one?
Just had one huge rip and feel it!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back