Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy That Thread Where Old People Complain About Young People

This was actually a Roy Rogers commercial from...eh, late 80's/early 90's maybe. Can't find a vid of the actual commercial but yeah...I always loved that line "Feet!! You had FEET!!" LOL

130575373_6557831254234406_645800675224691683_n.jpg

af0bb99ec2a0db93556b9ce40b5949b1.png

Should be a thread for young people to complain about old people..
I mean you guys did kinda ruin the world... no generation did that before...
Polluted the world...
Fucked house prices forever...
Kinda racist to be honest (not judging, i know it was a different time)

So yeah i think this thread needs reversing...

Im just kidding by the way.. no offence meant...

Last edited:
Should be a thread for young people to complain about old people..
I mean you guys did kinda ruin the world... no generation did that before...
Polluted the world...
Fucked house prices forever...
Kinda racist to be honest (not judging, i know it was a different time)

So yeah i think this thread needs reversing...

Im just kidding by the way.. no offence meant...
Gollygee wally I wonder if the generations before those were racist then?
I mean looking back everyone is racist as they went along with societal norms........everyone and everything is racist right?
No ones on the right side of history to you all except you.
The funniest part of that is historically speaking all the people you call racist now were on the same right side.
History will judge you exactly the same with the exception being you were the first generation who had no one to blame but themselves.
All the people running the camps had the exact belief in self you do,have fun with it.

I mean looking back everyone is racist as they went along with societal norms........everyone and everything is racist right?
The funniest part of that is historically speaking all the people you call racist now were on the same right side.
History will judge you exactly the same with the exception being you were the first generation who had no one to blame but themselves.
All the people running the camps had the exact belief in self you do,have fun with it.
I hear what you're saying, brother.

My father, still calls anyone who is not totally white, "darkies." And he thinks it's the polite way to refer to "them."

We've come a long way.

People seem to think that anyone who crawled out of the primordial oooze without being "woke" is a horrible person who should just go away forever.

But the fact is, we have made a shit ton of progress when it comes to race. But millennials and z-ers expect it to happen overnight. They expect it to happen like their TikTok channel. They don't get it yet. Culture changes happen slowly. Over years.

But they have a point. And their heart is in the right place. Speaking as a Gen X-er, I get where they're coming from. It's the patience they don't have. And considering they're spawn of my generation, well I don't know who to blame.

Either way, I've found talking to them as a friend, they are quite rational .... once you teach them a bit of history. And share some kombucha with them.

Can we have a thread where we complain about our own generation? I think I'm on the younger side of the board and I don't like to associate with most people my age... I've got a pretty small circle. I feel like I was born in the wrong generation, I think I'm technically a millennial? Things seem like they used to make more sense - and I have zero confidence in our future, and extremely concerned about when I have kids, what kind of world they'll be growing up in... seems like its getting worse every day.

Its not even just race, its crazy how lots of things that were normal are now frowned upon.. how women are treated is a major one.. look at old films.. even back to the future has a rapey scene in it.. like it was jus acceptable to bag a female and molest her.. wtf..
Newsrreaders smoking on tv.. or people smoking on planes jus seems crazy now.. when i was 15 (2001) i worked at burger king.. on my break i would sit in the dining area, and smoke, with kids around eating food.. thats just mental to me now...
I like how we are more accepting and fair now, but i also think its kinda killing comedy... cant joke about shit these days without upsetting an emily... snowflakes or whatever..
I think we need to be careful not to take it too far.. we should be able to joke about things..

Was just kind of kidding about that, there's enough complaining in this world... no need to keep fueling that fire IMO
Worst thing about young people is this new "drill" music... i absolutely despise it... its even made its way onto a major supermarket advert...
Music died a while ago...

Worst thing about young people is this new "drill" music... i absolutely despise it... its even made its way onto a major supermarket advert...
Music died a while ago...

I'm not even sure I know what drill music is lol. I just googled it, found a link that said "11 songs that define Chicago Drill music" and I recognized one of them, and I think its a few years old at this point. Interesting, learn something new everyday!

Plenty of great music coming out, just gotta look for it. Rap isn't really my thing, especially todays rap, but I do have a decent amount of the "older stuff" on my playlists and a little bit of new stuff.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back