Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy That Thread Where Old People Complain About Young People

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
Okay. So, being almost 21 :uhoh: I've decided that young people are annoying as shit.

They don't get my Citizen Kane references. They don't get my Whitesnake references. They don't get my Beverly Hills Cop references. They don't even get my Wizard of Oz references. This injustice must not stand. We're talking about Toto here, people. He's adorable. For fuck's sake.

But what do they know? When the next dubstep Skrillex remix of whatever the fuck is going to "drop." Anything about Tek N9ne. What TV hunkfuck let his bathing trunks drop a bit low. What Lady Gaga was wearing at something at whatever. And for some reason ... Billy Joel?

So, yeah. I'm just going to sit back and watch Judy Garland sing about home. And try to pretend she wasn't a pill-popping victim of early racist Hollywood. Over the rainbow.

1930's Hollywood really was awful though. :ugh:

photo-0812-2016-wizard-of-oz-dorothy-toto.png

But what do they know? When the next dubstep Skrillex remix of whatever the fuck is going to "drop." Anything about Tek N9ne. What TV hunkfuck let his bathing trunks drop a bit low. What Lady Gaga was wearing at something at whatever. And for some reason ... Billy Joel?

I think you're still a generation behind the ball here lol

I'm turning 28 in a couple of months and those names are familiar to me from when I was in my later years of HS - college age.

My younger brother is 21 and his interests, songs they listen to, etc I do not recognize at all. It sounds like trash to me too, I dont understand how anybody listens to it.

On top of other generational differences that are pretty obvious lol

They don't get my Citizen Kane references. They don't get my Whitesnake references. They don't get my Beverly Hills Cop references. They don't even get my Wizard of Oz references. This injustice must not stand. We're talking about Toto here, people. He's adorable. For fuck's sake.

I dont know what citizen kane is, whitesnake, I know of beverly hills cop but never really watched any of it so wouldnt get the references.

Wizard of Oz I saw maybe once or twice as a kid and couldn't tell you anything other than theres a tin man, lion, wicked witch of the west/east?, Dorothy and Toto who aren't in Kansas anymore

I'm also notoriously bad with anything hollywood related, even today... I can only name like 3 actors and haven't seen most movies that people reference

Many young people stay home and are more dependent on their parents for a longer time. I have a couple friends that still have kids living in their basement and they are almost 30. I couldn’t wait to move out of the house when I was 18.

What irritates me are the stickers on cars stating “ my student is on the honor roll“at somebody’s elementary or middle school. That’s their choice to do but it’s like the theory everybody gets a trophy just for playing the game. Quit trying to tell your kid everything they do is just perfect. That sense of entitlement. You have parents like that, then parents that couldn’t give a shit or are drugged out and don’t care.

How about when some young driver gives you the finger and you don’t know why?:thinker:

How about when some young driver gives you the finger and you don’t know why?:thinker:

Might have been me. Sorry! The gas pedal is on the right!!! :smackdown: The left lane is for passing, too, while we're at it!

Then again in NY the finger can be considered a warm and fuzzy welcome at times, so the effect is lost on me

Agreed about the honor roll stickers and wanting to leave home, I tried to get out asap. I did, left at 17 but ended up coming back around 22 to save some money to buy a house. Out again at 25 or 26, I forget, bought a place.

Cannot blame young folks for the cost of living
Student debt, rent and everything else makes it impossible for anyone to get off the ground unless they have a $$big$$ helping hand
I remember paying 4X for rent what my mother was paying for a mortgage payment
Made about a quarter of what she did
Think it was over 70% of my income went to housing
Good thing eating was low on the priority list in those days

Just got back from the grocery store. I hate the skate tennis shoes. They used to be real popular with the kids. I hadn’t seen them for awhile . I just met up with a kid with those in the store. Really not an appropriate place fir those, even though they are fun. Parents take care of your kids. You wouldn’t want some elderly person to break a bone, or anyone for that matter.

A lot of kid injuries with the skate shoes. Some cracked skulls.

Last edited:
Booth of young people making happy noises in a diner.

At another table are four old timers who comment:

"When I was their age, we had to walk to school...uphill....both ways"

"Ah, kids today don't know the value of a dollar. When I was growing up, we were so poor the whole neighborhood had to share one pair of shoes."

"Shoes? we didn't even have shoes. We had to wrap newspapers around our feet."

"Feet? You had feet?"

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back