Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Beats

My Daughter texted the news earlier... bummer. RIP. He was her fav. She called him a "Pioneer". Most of my favs are Pioneers, as well.

I'm not the biggest rap/hip-hop fan and know very little about it, but I liked much of what I heard from him and some of the dif projects he was involved with.
I only like a small amount of rap/hip-hop. MF Doom didn't just draw from hip hop for inspiration.
His sample list alone will send you down several rabbit holes. :partyhat:

Glad you found your thread here @Bologna. Here is some more Chris Bell.

I only like a small amount of rap/hip-hop. MF Doom didn't just draw from hip hop for inspiration.
His sample list alone will send you down several rabbit holes. :partyhat:

Glad you found your thread here @Bologna. Here is some more Chris Bell.
Nice yes, own it, love it, listened to it maybe less than a week ago.... wanna talk about "pioneers"? Chilton and Bell were certainly that!!

Oh and thanks!, you do know I'm Rocky on VLF (I hope)?

Last edited:
@Bologna your Ween post (2nd track) made me think of the Funkadelics.... and then the John McLaughlin reference took me down a YouTube rabbit hole... and this is what I landed on lol...

HAHA! I was kinda wondering how l.m.l.y.p. might go over.... :wink: (Pretty much what I thought...ha)... yeah, them or Prince is def what they were going for there...

Not (knowingly) familiar with Lili but WOW, quite a resume! I particularly love violin performed at this level... so emotive, an actual extension of their body... enthralling! I know that song so well she had me reduced in under a minute...

Now I do know of another captivating "Haydn" spelled "Haden" (well, close enuff, give me a break... :buenrollo:). Petra Haden, the daughter of highly lauded jazz bassist, Charlie Haden. Anyway I love her version of this classic and apparently Pete did, too....!:

Petra Haden - The Who Sell Out

OK, my pick for early period Joni was taken by 'Blue' and my favorite late period (and overall) is 'Hejira', so that leaves me with my middle period pick... and that's EASY:

Whole thing --->>> Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark (Full Album)

Joni is a top 5 all-time for me... maybe even top 3.... hard to say for sure exactly but its waaay up there and has been since my mid 20's. Only got to see her perform once (late 90's), but I'll treasure that always.

Last edited:
Sooo badass... yet infectiously adorbs!

Seinfeld Theme Song- Nik West Bass Cover

Barney Miller Bass Cover by Nik West

Chick Corea-Spain Bass Cover by Nik West

Bassboob.... :homer:

Last edited:
Edit: I think that it might be a good idea to start adding the vid info into the posts... since some vids don't load for all members.
I think It can be from a accessibility stand point, that allows someone with readers (software for blind or vision impaired) an opportunity to read what you have to say...
Web ascessibility is a huge rabit hole, but every little bit helps.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back