Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

Oh..... you were going for one of the juice boxes huh? You've got to act fast on those drops. :biggrin: Are you participating in his contest for his #1 full size?

I'll tell you what... of all the bubblers I have, I think the one I just got from him hits the nicest. Especially for a dab rig. It's so smooth!
Yes the juice box. I was 3rd dibs but I never heard back from him so I will give my money to somebody that actually wants it.

Yes the juice box. I was 3rd dibs but I never heard back from him so I will give my money to somebody that actually wants it.
I break so much glass?
This is my first piece I've never dropped?
WvgAyrB.jpg

Oh..... you were going for one of the juice boxes huh? You've got to act fast on those drops. :biggrin: Are you participating in his contest for his #1 full size?

I'll tell you what... of all the bubblers I have, I think the one I just got from him hits the nicest. Especially for a dab rig. It's so smooth!
The Juice is loose!! I finally got in on the Goliath Glass Juice Box. He did a stealth Ninja Drop of 3 today and I Robo-scooped.

lmao... I always said there was absolutely no way I would ever get into glass. Or have GAS. And look at me now..... :lol:

Although I have my ocd to think of...
More glass is more cleaning...
I clean mine once a week usually, and change the water twice a week, but it's less now I'm not vaping as much...

How long can you get away with not changing the water before bacteria happens..???
I use no additives...

How long can you get away with not changing the water before bacteria happens..???
I use no additives...
That's a good question. I don't think that bacteria and mold grows as quickly when you don't use the additives. I know I have to change mine daily using cranberry extract. However that extract makes it so that I can, sometimes, go 2 weeks without cleaning (this is vaping flower... not dabbing). I clean my dab rigs every couple of days in a Simple Green bucket.

However, mold can grow, in the right circumstances, within 24 - 48 hours. So I wouldn't wait longer than every other day to change out the water. :twocents:

I hear you on the cleaning. But you can only use so many pieces in a week. I find I rotate between the different bubblers so I usually have the same amount to clean at the end of each week or so.

I hear you on the cleaning. But you can only use so many pieces in a week. I find I rotate between the different bubblers so I usually have the same amount to clean at the end of each week or so

There's me trying to talk myself out of new glass... your not helping matters...
But seriously I see your point, more glass means you use each one less I suppose.. I'll still be vaping the sale amount, so the cleaning should be about the same..

As for bacterial growth.. if I left a cup of water out for 3 days, id probably start seeing signs of life...right..???
But I leave buckets of water out to dechlorinate for 3 to 4 days, with no signs of bacteria...
And I'm pretty sure iv left my bubbler alot longer... is it possible that the cannabinoids from the vapour somehow inhibit growth..???

There's me trying to talk myself out of new glass... your not helping matters...
I've been told I'm a bad influence more than once in my life...... :rofl:

if I left a cup of water out for 3 days, id probably start seeing signs of life...right..???
I think it depends on the water tbh. But my gut feeling is that the plain water you use isn't the mold host. I think it's the cannabinoid oil in the water (or debris) after vaping (or smoking) that causes the growth.

But seriously I see your point, more glass means you use each one less I suppose.. I'll still be vaping the sale amount, so the cleaning should be about the same..

As for bacterial growth.. if I left a cup of water out for 3 days, id probably start seeing signs of life...right..???
But I leave buckets of water out to dechlorinate for 3 to 4 days, with no signs of bacteria...
And I'm pretty sure iv left my bubbler alot longer... is it possible that the cannabinoids from the vapour somehow inhibit growth..???
I'll bite!

I clean water pipes, bubbler's and part's daily.
My wife is sick of how clean I want my stuff?
Now it's funny to me she is worse than me. (clean freak)
She drinks wine but no CANNABIS? (420 is our tme to celebrate)
At least it's OK if I LOVE it!

CANNABIS is LIFE!

Last edited:
That's a good question. I don't think that bacteria and mold grows as quickly when you don't use the additives. I know I have to change mine daily using cranberry extract.

I stopped using CE because I had to change the water daily or twice daily on hot days. Easier to just solvent clean & PBW if I feel like it. CE does keep shit a lot cleaner no doubt but there are tradeoffs.

I hear you on the cleaning. But you can only use so many pieces in a week. I find I rotate between the different bubblers so I usually have the same amount to clean at the end of each week or so.

I tend to rotate at least 2 pieces but it all depends on what I feel like at the time. When not in use my clean pieces sit in a glass cabinet looking pretty & doing sweet fuck all.

Not necessarily. Say you have two glasses of water, take a sip out of one & left them both for a week the one you took a sip out of will have a lot more bacterial growth. I am looking at a piece that I changed the water in on Sunday & has not been used since (Wednesday night here) & it looks fine to vape through (not that I would). I left a piece with CE water over a four day period during summer & it had a shit tonne of bacteria & I mean a shit tonne.

A nice piece of two will suit your vape station :smoke:

the one you took a sip out of will have a lot more bacterial growth

Why...??? Because of the bacteria from my mouth kicking off the growth...????

Why has no one produced a long life bubbler water, that will not grow bacteria and is perfectly safe..???
This must be possible right..???
I'd buy it... especially if I only had to change it once a month or something.....

Why...??? Because of the bacteria from my mouth kicking off the growth...????

Why has no one produced a long life bubbler water, that will not grow bacteria and is perfectly safe..???
This must be possible right..???
I'd buy it... especially if I only had to change it once a month or something.....
To get bacterial and mold growth, there must be some organic material for them to feed upon. NO, water by itself (tap or distilled) will not support the growth of bacteria, etc.

However, saliva from vaping on a piece, with its attendant population of bacteria (you really don't want to know what's in your mouth...but be thankful for immune systems) and organic MJ material will eventually support growth.

I don't change my water every day, but I can tell when it starts to get 'frothy' (LOL) its definitely time for a change. About once a week, depending on use.

To get bacterial and mold growth, there must be some organic material for them to feed upon. NO, water by itself (tap or distilled) will not support the growth of bacteria, etc.

However, saliva from vaping on a piece, with its attendant population of bacteria (you really don't want to know what's in your mouth...but be thankful for immune systems) and organic MJ material will eventually support growth.

I don't change my water every day, but I can tell when it starts to get 'frothy' (LOL) its definitely time for a change. About once a week, depending on use.

Thanks for that... makes sense...

Another thing iv been thinking about.. is the ph of the water... and ppm...

I wonder what having more acidic or alkalie water would do..??? If anything...
My tapwater is incredibly alkalie here.. you can bearly see through it... I assume that would have a negitive impact on vapour production, but I have no idea why.. just a hunch..
But what about more acidic solution...???

I just don't have time in my life to investigate these things..

I always use ph7.5 for my water...

Thanks for that... makes sense...

Another thing iv been thinking about.. is the ph of the water... and ppm...

I wonder what having more acidic or alkalie water would do..??? If anything...
My tapwater is incredibly alkalie here.. you can bearly see through it... I assume that would have a negitive impact on vapour production, but I have no idea why.. just a hunch..
But what about more acidic solution...???

I just don't have time in my life to investigate these things..

I always use ph7.5 for my water...
I just buy distilled water in gallon jugs....no idea what its ph is..should be 6.14 as its pure water, but I have never tested it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back