Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

All I need.

1001182239.jpg

Hehe, all I need then shows another picture this time with a glass stem, slippery slope to GAS and VAS, both diseases are easy to catch. (and good fun):smilie-devil:

Nice, I saw a Grav Lab beaker bong on the show 'Ray Donovan', that looked nice too.:thumbsup:

I was going to add to that but it wouldn’t let me (?)
This Grav was my first “personalized” pipe, sort of. Water, big enough bowl, never take dry hits anymore with this thing. Fits my mitt of a hand right well. Thing has fallen 18” onto concrete multiple times and there’s not a mark on it, not a scratch, not a crack - nothing.

Hell to clean, though: the angles...and that down-tube...still, I love it.
My wife has a stone-carved pipe that looks like it was thrown out of a trunk onto the side of the road 40 years ago, terrible draw, useless bowl. She loves it over any alternative...that and her tiny little grav steamroller (her stuff is so small it tickles my fingers to handle it)

The helix stuff is pretty nice, too, make a nice mouthpiece for a nectar collector

Ultrasonic cleaners and/or PBW (and now Simple Green) are all good at getting those hard to reach spots.:myday: I like how yours seems to be as strong as a hammer too:thumbsup:.

Not like I plan on dropping things, but sure, I like that a lot, too

No idea when ultrasonics might come into it for me; I use oxyclean now and then, but for the bulk of the removal, I like iso better. I just keep thinking about all that reclaim...but then I let it get too far and have to clean up instead, like now. Hot iso usually works great but I have a couple pieces that just don’t want to give up, and this grav is one of them, it’s like they manufacture reclaim. Have not tried simple green, it would be a logistics problem here (new roommate...not hostile, but new stuff like water and concentrates are reacted to as if spooky and drawing attention).

One was out of service too long...put away dirty, got mold in the glass screen just above the first perc, and I’ve failed so far to find any way of disintegrating that shit and getting this thing back in service. I’ve let it dry out completely, and I’m contemplating sneaking a chance to put the thing in the oven and trying to calcine it. It’s a 14” boro/bio/something knockoff with stacked perks in separated sections, it ought to be undamaged by say 400F for 30-50 min, shouldn’t it?? Pretty thick...

Last edited:
Not like I plan on dropping things, but sure, I like that a lot, too

No idea when ultrasonics might come into it for me; I use oxyclean now and then, but for the bulk of the removal, I like iso better. I just keep thinking about all that reclaim...but then I let it get too far and have to clean up instead, like now. Hot iso usually works great but I have a couple pieces that just don’t want to give up, and this grav is one of them, it’s like they manufacture reclaim. Have not tried simple green, it would be a logistics problem here (new roommate...not hostile, but new stuff like water and concentrates are reacted to as if spooky and drawing attention).

One was out of service too long...put away dirty, got mold in the glass screen just above the first perc, and I’ve failed so far to find any way of disintegrating that shit and getting this thing back in service. I’ve let it dry out completely, and I’m contemplating sneaking a chance to put the thing in the oven and trying to calcine it. It’s a 14” boro/bio/something knockoff with stacked perks in separated sections, it ought to be undamaged by say 400F for 30-50 min, shouldn’t it?? Pretty thick...

Try peroxide.

I have found this simple green concentrate mixed 50/50 with water soaking over night as suggested by @momofthegoons does wonders
Two days on a stubborn rosin glob inside
One of my pieces there is no access to wipe

I used to iso wash but this is so much easier and cheaper
And for something that is biodegradable and supposedly non toxic natural ingredients it really eats the shit away to leave shiny shiny glass

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder, I am heading to Bunnings tomorrow, hope I can find it this time. I like that something recommended to us is available in Australia to give it a try for a change, worldwide acclaim must be worth a shot!

One was out of service too long...put away dirty, got mold in the glass screen just above the first perc, and I’ve failed so far to find any way of disintegrating that shit and getting this thing back in service.
I have one bubbler (an M & M Tech piece) that has a lattice perc that will occasionally get a bit of 'black' in the lattice that wont be budged by Simple Green or PBW. What I've actually done for that is put toilet bowl cleaner in the bubbler to cover the lattice. Needed a ton of rinsing, but came out sparkly clean.

I know it sounds like something you wouldn't use on your glass piece... but it was recommended by a glass artist so I figured it was okay lol.

I have one bubbler (an M & M Tech piece) that has a lattice perc that will occasionally get a bit of 'black' in the lattice that wont be budged by Simple Green or PBW. What I've actually done for that is put toilet bowl cleaner in the bubbler to cover the lattice. Needed a ton of rinsing, but came out sparkly clean.

I know it sounds like something you wouldn't use on your glass piece... but it was recommended by a glass artist so I figured it was okay lol.
I have a piece of that black in my sidecar
Been there for ages stuck in the lattice

Will consider this - what kind of toilet cleaner? Or do you mean drano?

Here is my new Gas piece arrived today
I really like it after extensive testing :smoke:

I will say it is not as good for the small vapes with a more restrictive air flow such as the F2 and hopper (I did not try the VC but reckon it would be too much also) on their own, however together brilliant....

The mobitowerknockoff with the double percs is too restrictive for them imo
Same as the sidecar though

However as a dab rig or with the more free flowing vapes such as the plenty it goes off

The plenty really tasted good through this for some reason and I was able to take nice big hits - hit me hard

Also the F2 and Hopper mix in the Y adapter was really nice too - the two of them together gave me enough air flow and the rig tasted good and hit hard with ability to take big rips

I was a bit skeptical buying wondering if it would be too restrictive or too much diffusion, but have been pleasantly surprised and really like it

Big hitter and great taste
smooth hits - can get coughy being cocky and misjudging...

Just not for the small ones on their own

Really nice action and even bubbles through the lattice from steven

The percs are level and horizontal, the stem/downpipe is straight and vertical
Thick glass and good construction

I would recommend for anyone who likes the look of it

:smug::verdamper:

waiting for my vortex and rattle can now.... - make it stop....lol

20181011_222700.jpg
20181011_224112.jpg

Last edited:
Will consider this - what kind of toilet cleaner? Or do you mean drano?
No!!!!! Not Drano!!!!! Something like this (can be a different brand)

0313388-1.jpg

It's the bleach that takes the stain out... but the thick quality of this product helps that bleach stay at the spot you need cleaning.

Nice new piece your got yourself there! :thumbsup: How tall is it?

And I rotated your pics for you... :wink:

No!!!!! Not Drano!!!!! Something like this (can be a different brand)

View attachment 5278

It's the bleach that takes the stain out... but the thick quality of this product helps that bleach stay at the spot you need cleaning.

Nice new piece your got yourself there! :thumbsup: How tall is it?

And I rotated your pics for you... :wink:
Ah okay, cool cheers

Yer it is a nice piece am happy with it.....the sidecar has a rival......seriously

It's 34cm or 13.5 inches approx at tallest point on mp

Thank you for the rotation....at least I manmage to get pics up on my ph without back to backs now.....lol

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back