Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

I have found this simple green concentrate mixed 50/50 with water soaking over night as suggested by @momofthegoons does wonders
Two days on a stubborn rosin glob inside
One of my pieces there is no access to wipe

I used to iso wash but this is so much easier and cheaper
And for something that is biodegradable and supposedly non toxic natural ingredients it really eats the shit away to leave shiny shiny glass
I have two active water pieces, the grav and the borosyndicate. Since I remembered finally to get a gg stopper for the joint, I can clean it very straightforwardly, so I’ll take the reminder and get on that asap. The grav is a different problem: nothing is shaped like that. The closest I get is an inverted butter-dish cover, but it ain’t perfect: the thing isn’t deep enough to submerge the water-tube, and mouthpiece-ways it won’t fit at all. Now that I’m talking about it, I think I’ll put it and some iso in a baggie, do it that way, the oxyclean it.

BTW: Amazon has 99% ISO for $2/ea, 12 in case, delivered.. Cheaper than the 70% at Safeway.

The grav had a reclaim booger loose in it, like a good-sized pebble. And as you say, no way to wipe...

EDIT: NEVER thought of using the clingy bleachy things for my glass...

Last edited:
My lil honey sipper, been getting a lot of use since I got it. Love the mini rigs for flavor.

20180821_140241.jpg

Dhgate piece think it was under $30.

I could have sworn I posted this....but, on the other hand...I can't remember nada'! sigh Maybe a different thread??

So, for my 66th B-day that was this past week, I bought a Mobius Atom with their disk drop down. This is a pic of my glass taken at the shop (The Cave Smoke Shop).

I have a DHGate Ion knockoff and I use it as a bubbler for a number of flower vapes...but I always wanted the real thing and the difference in glass thickness, density, etc is very clear and evident. Doesn't mean I'm not buying DHGate again....but it does mean that I'm very happy with my gift to myself! haha

Mobius Atom with Disk Drop Down.JPG

I even know how the mouthpiece works now, I want to see your pictures of it next, very nice....again, I think I have repeated myself more than once.:thumbsup:

Acetone will get it clean as new every time.

That is what I tend to use for my glass. It will eat any labels but acetone, PBW, acetone is how I have cleaned my glass for years.

why use pbw if you have acetone? I used to have acetone, it was great. PBW is such a hassle. i guess once you have all the stuff it's not too annoying a process, but it takes up much more space. i dunno. what i imagine it would be like from what ive read is a can of pbw, some plastic hose from a hardware store that fits the piece's joint, a funnel that fits it, and having to heat water, mix in not too much pbw in a container and pour it down the funnel? then just run hot water
since i'm insane i used to pour in hardware store acetone, cover the joints with my fingers or just with wads of paper towels, maybe shake it around a bit.. then dump it out..

i got a D020-D. It has a black splotch on the inside that i haven't managed to get off. I tried dish soap and water, then 99% iso, reaching it with 2 pipe cleaners twisted together, then the same iso but heated up. maybe there's less of it, but it's still there. i just used it anyway

why use pbw if you have acetone?

Mainly because I tend to rotate my pieces & don't bother cleaning them very often so they can sometimes end up with water stains etc. A bit of PBW does wonders for a deep cleaning. I usually give a rinse with acetone but for a proper cleaning I do acetone, PBW & then a rinse with acetone to remove any water before it goes in the cupboard.

why use pbw if you have acetone? I used to have acetone, it was great. PBW is such a hassle. i guess once you have all the stuff it's not too annoying a process, but it takes up much more space. i dunno. what i imagine it would be like from what ive read is a can of pbw, some plastic hose from a hardware store that fits the piece's joint, a funnel that fits it, and having to heat water, mix in not too much pbw in a container and pour it down the funnel? then just run hot water
since i'm insane i used to pour in hardware store acetone, cover the joints with my fingers or just with wads of paper towels, maybe shake it around a bit.. then dump it out..

i got a D020-D. It has a black splotch on the inside that i haven't managed to get off. I tried dish soap and water, then 99% iso, reaching it with 2 pipe cleaners twisted together, then the same iso but heated up. maybe there's less of it, but it's still there. i just used it anyway
Try iso or acetone or ethanol and rock salt
Shake
The rock salt is the abrasive that can help remove any bits inside with the solvent

I find PBW very easy to work with and efffective for rigs used for flower.

I don't find it effective in dissolving concentrate reclaim and use ISO for that.

I guess none of you have heard of or tried grunge off lol.

It’s super easy because there’s no scrubbing or shaking. It gets it completely clean.
Literally just let it sit overnight or a couple hours if not too gunked up and rinsing with hot water.

I would just stay away from using really harsh chemicals. But I guess I’m just paranoid like that.

It’s super easy because there’s no scrubbing or shaking. It gets it completely clean.
Literally just let it sit overnight or a couple hours if not too gunked up and rinsing with hot water.

I would just stay away from using really harsh chemicals. But I guess I’m just paranoid like that.
Is it wrong 2 think factually?
I use da cheapest possible base x acid 2 clean my glass?

If you use CAUSTIC cleaning chemical's why can't U rise with a high acid like Citrus juice of some kind?
Ph is your friend?

Last edited:
Lol...

I just did a quick Google search trying to find the ingredients of Grunge Off. Can't find anything... but I did find several links that said Simple Green was the cheap version of Grunge Off. I heard about Simple Green from the VapeExhale crew so I figured if they use it on their glass it was good enough for me.

As to using the toilet bowl cleaner.... that was a one time event and out of desperation. Neither Simple Green or PBW touched this one spot. I believe it's a little crack in the lattice of my M & M Tech FC piece. The cleaner was the only thing I found that worked. I wouldn't recommend using it regularly. But using bleach isn't something I'm afraid of. It's been used in kitchen products for years and is a good disinfectant. If there's mold, bleach will get it out.

I suppose I could have gone a milder route, however. I could have just mixed the bleach in with some hot water and it probably would have worked equally as well. I just went with the recommendation of the glass artist lol... :idon'tknow:

While I waiting for another FC-NOD to arrive I have been using other water pieces that cannot just be chucked in the dishwasher every night as the FC-Mod could, so I just use highish pressure really hot water each day by attaching a hose to my hot water tap,
IMG_20181016_133737.jpg
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SINGLE-...h=item2141961bba:g:qPUAAOSwxvFZceur:rk:1:pf:0
My hot water system is set at about 65 Celsius, too hot to handle with bare hands that is what the silicon tongs are for.
This and a couple drops of lemon, when refilled (thanks @felvapes), keeps my glass spotless without any chemicals.:thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back