Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

I had an unusual breakage today, a SiC terp ball 'popped' when put in a freshly cleaned Halo that was on 454f, the terp ball was 125f from the ultrasonic cleaner. I never worried about the SiC like I do ruby.
View attachment 19632
Wow, that is damn clean, mate! :thumbsup:

Sorry about your balls. :lmao:

Any opinions on straight tubes?

I'm thinking a LA Glass Slim Boy with Elev8 Diffuser Beads. Probably more of a small dab / bowl set up.

I cold started some Blue Dream crumble in a reactor core banger with that straight tubed rig. Whoa! My only real gripe is that you have to stand over it to both keep the trough level and to allow it to perc properly.

A straight or beaker would allow me to pivot it at a 45 or so to get the working surfaces level and also bring the mouth piece to me, not me to the mouthpiece. I have my C5-C7 fused, so ergonomics matter to me.

The smaller volume sounds better for smaller dabs and the length sounds about right. Looks like a solid product.

What say you gĺass heads?
I like small and short, personally. I have a OG real Bates and Worm external diffusion pump (not the Gravlabs collab) that is tall and thin and hardly ever use it. This is it:

Attachment-7.jpeg

My favorites are this Mobius Atom (love this glass). This is what it looked like in The Cave Smoke Shop:
IMG_4067.JPG

This is what it looks like in my house! LOL
Attachment-3.jpeg

I also very much like this Phatt Ass Glass hover perc....and yes, these are all reasonably small rigs with less volume for dabbing....not sure why I have so many, I'm mostly a flower guy. haha And like @momofthegoons, I just pick up the rig and rise it to my comfort level. The Bates must be hand held...not stable enough for me to just dab without support, IME.

Hover Perc green and red.jpeg

Noice Baron!:biggrin:

I use a torch too, which I had forgot to mention. I just like the idea of having as much distance reasonably between my face and the flesh searing working end of my device. I call this this the Jeff factor.

I know many if you are much more refined and are using e-nails.

I have this little in betweener that works really well for both wax and herb.

It's short though, so it's a long shallow draw device. Medium pull I'd say.
FB_IMG_1594507062971.jpg

I like small and short, personally. I have a OG real Bates and Worm external diffusion pump (not the Gravlabs collab) that is tall and thin and hardly ever use it. This is it:

View attachment 19751

My favorites are this Mobius Atom (love this glass). This is what it looked like in The Cave Smoke Shop:
View attachment 19752

This is what it looks like in my house! LOL
View attachment 19753

I also very much like this Phatt Ass Glass hover perc....and yes, these are all reasonably small rigs with less volume for dabbing....not sure why I have so many, I'm mostly a flower guy. haha And like @momofthegoons, I just pick up the rig and rise it to my comfort level. The Bates must be hand held...not stable enough for me to just dab without support, IME.

View attachment 19754
Those are beautiful. You have one of the best collection of glass I've seen.

Those are beautiful. You have one of the best collection of glass I've seen.
oh no...on another forum there is a guy who seems to collect VERY expensive, one off, USA made, heady glass and some of it (quite a bit really) is spectacular...but also like $3k which ain't happening in the Baron residence. I almost had a heart attack after paying for the Mobius! LOL

And by heady I mean a lot of nice fumed colored glass in beautiful patterns. He's not too much into dino rigs or rigs with a bunch of horns and neither am I.

Horses for courses.

In my quest for the perfect pipe I've perused ALT, Elev8 Glass, Dab Lab and untold numbers of other online retailers.

My gawd there's some amazing pieces of work.

You guys have no idea how much self control it's taking for me to keep it under $100. Fortunately for my bank account, most of it is sold out.

I've read that due to increasingly legal and socially acceptable cannabis use combined with Covid, people are baking their minds off so there's been a rush on glasswork purchases.

But Mom.....

I already have an Orbiter (soon to be gifted) that's perfectly suitable as a dab rig.

The sensible thing to do would be to save my money just keep using the Orbiter.....that answer is totally unacceptable.

...you're not the boss of me! (storms off to bedroom to place order. Slamming door behind)

I think I'm listening to my bad influence friend Ataxian and go for it.

Thanks for trying to use love and reason with me and sorry you didn't get through this time.
I’am a bad influence since I was born.
Tell something new, MR. WILSON (sitcom from my childhood)

I think it's pretty cool looking. 14" tall is a little scary to me, though.

edit to add - I'm talking about the tall slim one.

2nd edit to add - Just an FYI on dhgate shipping. I placed an order May 1, it shipped May 9, USPS scanned it in Chicago June 16 and I received it today, July 14.
That's 2 1/2 months from order to delivery for free shipping from China during a pandemic. I think that's reasonable.

Last edited:
My imaginary brain picture of you is of some kind of special blend of Johnny Cash and Willy Nelson. With just a dash of Gary Busey tossed in when you been hittin her hard and start posting.

Do not change a thing my friend..
Just a corporate white collar bloke that was a surfer/hippie back when I was a young gun.(retirement is nice)
Growing pot in da island’s was amazing!
It was free for surfer’s because lack of fund’s.
$125 was beach front rent.
Led Zeppelin (stairway to heaven) playing loud as the seedless COLAS were getting a trim for bagging Before lift off!
DAZED & very CONFUSED.
Outdoor low income or no income life however good time’s!
SURFING was decent and no watering or fertilizer
was necessary.
Throwing seed’s (from INDIA, SOUTH AFRICA & CALIFORNIA) on the lava soil along the beach !
Pulling MALE’s in the 70’s because seed’s made it hard to roll.
Most people said : “”surfer’s” are wasteful?”
Willie NELSON is a great music maker.
CANNABIS is what it’s called scientific research in most CIVILIZED part’s of the PALE BLUE DOT we call home.
Why is a harmless plant demonized in some place’s?

Last edited:
I am liking the look of this...so many possible variations looks like fun,

and similar available from above but on DHGate at half the price,

I’am a bad influence since I was born.
Tell something new, MR. WILSON (sitcom from my childhood)
I am liking the look of this...so many possible variations looks like fun,

and similar available from above but on DHGate at half the price,

Kinda cool...in a party tricks sort of way.

Are man buns a prerequisite?

I think it's pretty cool looking. 14" tall is a little scary to me, though.

edit to add - I'm talking about the tall slim one.

2nd edit to add - Just an FYI on dhgate shipping. I placed an order May 1, it shipped May 9, USPS scanned it in Chicago June 16 and I received it today, July 14.
That's 2 1/2 months from order to delivery for free shipping from China during a pandemic. I think that's reasonable.
20200720_113542.jpg
20200720_113645.jpg

I agree.. It's not the most stable of rigs...

So I am back to cleaning both my rigs at the same time every other day and found a 18 to 18 GonG great for a double flush set up, the hot water hose fits nicely into the 14mm cleisen plug spot,

IMG_20200815_205703.jpg

I have a small container with iso that I use after the hot water, I pour it into the bong then shake well then tip that into the next bong, shake then pour it pack into the container for the next time. I more hot rinse and they are cleaner than new (Cheap Chinese glass). All up only a 5 to 10 minute job and most of that time is just running water, not bad for 2x bongs.

So I am back to cleaning both my rigs at the same time every other day and found a 18 to 18 GonG great for a double flush set up, the hot water hose fits nicely into the 14mm cleisen plug spot,

View attachment 20504
I have a small container with iso that I use after the hot water, I pour it into the bong then shake well then tip that into the next bong, shake then pour it pack into the container for the next time. I more hot rinse and they are cleaner than new (Cheap Chinese glass). All up only a 5 to 10 minute job and most of that time is just running water, not bad for 2x bongs.

I buy denatured ethanol by the gallon to clean. It literally rinses bong scum right off. The solution goes in to my freezer for reclaim.

Will post before & aftas

So.... @Basement Farmer another new toy? :lol: I would say the GAS got you bad! :biggrin:

Pretty much. I used it a a few times, was disappointed and put away in a drawer in shame.

Since it's Recovery Monday and I'm easing out the comedown, I thought let's match it up with one of my other little life's little disappointments.

Actually pairs nicely. It's basically a curiosity piece and will survive until it gets dropped or knocked over for the first time....so won't exactly be a daily driver.

Wanna see my new DD that I use AD/ED?

Pretty much. I used it a a few times, was disappointed and put away in a drawer in shame.

Since it's Recovery Monday and I'm easing out the comedown, I thought let's match it up with one of my other little life's little disappointments.

Actually pairs nicely. It's basically a curiosity piece and will survive until it gets dropped or knocked over for the first time....so won't exactly be a daily driver.

Wanna see my new DD that I use AD/ED?
That is the same setup as my LOTUS ZEN MASTER?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back