Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

@Baron23, Please dont take this wrong. I am trying to wrap my mind around why people say this style water pipe / bong is for this or that. I find this one works well with a Dynavap tip. I do agree with you it's a great dab rig. It takes a stab & pull technique to work well.

I am just finding that what some say regarding glass, specifically recyclers doesnt agree with my assessment once I have the piece in hand. What is needed & is available is the temp & terp profile when pulled through piece. Until then it's just seat of the pants feel.

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing magical with any glass piece. There are just bad & well made pieces.

Well made recyclers especially incyclers my personal fav, will now always be part of the regular glass I use when vaping through my DV.

To All Here Dont be closed minded as I was. Do some research if you haven't & give them a try.
A couple of reasons, and these are very broad generalization which I thought was adequately implied when I said “more of a concentrate rig” which is not to say exclusive to concentrates.

nothing to do w being closed minded or not.

It’s a relatively small can which concentrate users tend to prefer while flower rigs tend to be larger

it has very little diffusion, again favored by ‘trate users IME more than flower people.

as far as Vapcaps go, I use a reasonably small can FC-188 (DHGate) rig and it works perfectly for that application.
Cheers

@Baron23, When speaking of being closed minded... just to be sure... that was in reference to my self & based on what I have heard from others elsewhere. FYI being new here, if I'm ever offensive it's most likely an unintended blunder on my part or a misunderstanding of my post. I wish to discuss things & get along :)​

Just want to say I desire any help offered in my attempt to understand different glass pieces & their function.​

Right now I'm of the thought that smaller vs some of the bigger glass is best when using a DV tip. I see a lot of you like the the Mobius side car or similar design. It is nice to be able to see what's going on while hitting the peice​

Is there a better place to discuss glass performance & design ? I've told Mom... This is the cleanest most uncluttered site I've had the pleasure to join. Noticed how some of you all roll here helps her. Wish to be respectful of this.​

FYI being new here, if I'm ever offensive it's most likely an unintended blunder on my part or a misunderstanding of my post. I wish to discuss things & get along :)
hahaha, no worries, I'm not that thin skinned, my friend.

Baron, that is appreciated. Thank You. Like I said, just wished to be sure.

I'm still feeling my around here. People like yourself make this much easier for me :)

There are so many variations with incyclers / recyclers form different makers that it's best to not make general statements regarding a design that many makers build... at least this is what I " think " I'm finding.

Anyways this came today. Bougie incycler bong. About 8" tall. It works noticeably better than some others that are bigger I've tried

I'm thinking this is more of a sipper than ripper
20201130_172728.jpg

Last edited:
Baron, that is appreciated. Thank You. Like I said, just wished to be sure.

I'm still feeling my around here. People like yourself make this much easier for me :)

There are so many variations with incyclers / recyclers form different makers that it's best to not make general statements regarding a design that many makers build... at least this is what I " think " I'm finding.

Anyways this came today. Bougie jncycler bong. About 9" tall. Its nice, works noticeably better than some others that are bigger.

I'm thinking this is more of a sipper than ripper
And yes, I do use a...well, I don't want to call it a Mobius sidecar as I have a Mobius Atom and these two rigs don't live in the same universe of quality, but I do use an FC-188 with my VapCap and Grasshopper.

P.S. - and I run it dry almost all of the time.

VC and DDave wand in FC-188.jpeg

Last edited:
" P.S. - and I run it dry almost all of the time. "

Hey I appreciate that. It was a fit of frustration that caused me to see glass can work very well with out water for vaping. On the river several years ago, camping only had beer. I chose to go dry & thats that.

Check this pic out. A lot of incyclers always have water that you can never get out. So it sit in the piece until next use. This one does not.
The hole circled in yellow allows one to tip upside down & empty all water. Just two other holes on the inner chamber that are angled upward & to the left or my other left. Don't remember without looking.

Anyways there are some slight differences that make a peice like this stand out from others that I'm beginning to notice.

Attachments

• 20201201_002704.jpg
    20201201_002704.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
always have water that you can never get ou
I usually blow my cleaned out bongs with a blast with my heat gun if I am not going to use it for a while...5 to 10 seconds and no more water!

edit, a hairdryer would work too, alas I have no need for one.:cry:

Last edited:
Just semantics, but I see the word bong thrown around to describe bubblers all the time. A proper bong (IMO) will have an open enough airway to allow you to pull vapor (or smoke) directly into your lungs in one draw when you pull your slide (or open the carb)....preferably clearing the device

Bubblers are more mouth drawn and multi-hit.

One isn't better than the other....just different

Last edited:
I usually blow my cleaned out bongs with a blast with my heat gun if I am not going to use it for a while...5 to 10 seconds and no more ...

On my bigger incycler I dont know how long it would take.

Few times I've used it I just put 3 drops of bleach, fill about 1/2 way swish vigorously, & rinse well.

But yes I would much rather store glass dry

@Baron23, after using my new Bougie Incycler & the bigger one its easy to see these are dab pieces & why. I started paying closer attention to how they functioned with different bowls. Banger riles on both.

Last edited:
Just semantics, but I see the word bong thrown around to describe bubblers all the time. A proper bong (IMO) will have an open enough airway to allow you to pull vapor (or smoke) directly into your lungs in one draw when you pull your slide (or open the carb)....preferably clearing the device

Bubblers are more mouth drawn and multi-hit.

One isn't better than the other....just different
That has always been my view of bongs also....going back to...eh...'69 maybe and plexiglass, glued together, no slide..run a rod thru the bowl hole....bongs. Right, no slides...draw slow, fill the bong tube with vapor, shove the rod thru the hole and clear it. Wow....yeah, that's how we did it.

Which never were cleaned....makes me shiver to think now! haha

But we also smoked hash oil off of two hot butter knives and a drinking straw.

Ya that Bougie glass peice is to me anyways, a bubbler not a bong. Bad Ass Glass had it listed as an incycler bong.

Anywhoo, not had this straight tube all that long. A straight tube is pretty much a straight regardless who or where its made. I get that.

That said, this made by Heavy Glass tube is the nicest one I own.
9mm glass.
Vape, smoke or carry for personal protection a very versatile peice.

Oh Ya ! That is a little water with ice & Simrell. I still have a lingering sore throat. This Works !
20201204_225036.jpg

a lingering sore throat.
Get rid of the Simral for a 14mm GonG to reduce restriction, I find an easy flow seems to ease sore throat problems,
1607150818352.png

On my bigger incycler I dont know how long it would take.
10 seconds for my 12" straight fab so not much more or even less as my small recycler is under 10 seconds.

That has always been my view of bongs also....going back to...eh...'69 maybe and plexiglass, glued together, no slide..run a rod thru the bowl hole....bongs. Right, no slides...draw slow, fill the bong tube with vapor, shove the rod thru the hole and clear it. Wow....yeah, that's how we did it.

Which never were cleaned....makes me shiver to think now! haha

But we also smoked hash oil off of two hot butter knives and a drinking straw.
He, he...sketchy AF. But to he fair, your weed probably had way more harmful chemicals in it than your DIY bong back in the day.

Jeff, a nice, ergonomic VonG piece is really nice to accessorize with. I have a preference non-ported bodies for water use. My DoveTail Woodworks and KGW bodies are probably two of my most used pieces.

....added bonus is that they are pleasing both tacitly and visually.

@ LesPlenty, believe you made mention of this prior. I will buy a couple from Ed. I know I don't like some of the rubber adapters. I must try this. Now I of course have not used every available body or stem for DV tip on a water piece.
So with that in mind I really don't find the Simrell to be that restrictive. A single bowl can be cleared with or with out use of the carb. On the other hand I'm not turning my nose at what others may say is a better way.

The Simrell "seems " to make the vapor even cooler when used with water & ice. The cooler feeling hits could be terpenes that were further removed irritating my throat ? I dont know just thinking out loud.

Basement farmer, I do have t the short & long wood stems that cam with my WS. The shorter one sees use the longer stem not so much. I really cant stand the feeling of on my lips.... That does not sound right.

He, he...sketchy AF. But to he fair, your weed probably had way more harmful chemicals in it than your DIY bong back in the day.
hahaha....well, not really DIY. This was what was sold in head shops at the time. And as for outgassing and such, remember that this was very late 60's/early 70's where you got more toxic outgassing from your new carpet, car, etc than ever from a bong. It just wasn't a worry on anybody's radar.

Not all glass pieces work well with all vaporizers. I bought a few pinnacle pro water tubes some years back. It’s nice with my Solo and my Grasshopper. Screw the pinnacle pro vaporizer though. The water tube was the best part. I also like a J Hook, nice and versatile. I two different ones, I prefer my Black Leaf. I bought from Planet Vape. You want a piece you can use with a few vaporizers.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Ya that Bougie glass peice is to me anyways, a bubbler not a bong. Bad Ass Glass had it listed as an incycler bong.

Anywhoo, not had this straight tube all that long. A straight tube is pretty much a straight regardless who or where its made. I get that.

That said, this made by Heavy Glass tube is the nicest one I own.
9mm glass.
Vape, smoke or carry for personal protection a very versatile peice.

Oh Ya ! That is a little water with ice & Simrell. I still have a lingering sore throat. This Works !View attachment 22485
Super-duper frosty. Some day I should try out the pinches on mine. It's pretty chilled as is, but maybe I'll turn it down even further.
hahaha....well, not really DIY. This was what was sold in head shops at the time. And as for outgassing and such, remember that this was very late 60's/early 70's where you got more toxic outgassing from your new carpet, car, etc than ever from a bong. It just wasn't a worry on anybody's radar.
Head shops, tho still a thing will go the way of K-mart....unfortunately.

Future generations will miss out on that slightly dirty feeling the old-timers used to experience. Beaded doorways, black light and Greatful Dead posters on the walls. The lingering scent of cheap incense in the air. Everything is for sale....pretty much.

....and tons of toxin containing smoking paraphernalia of unknown origin under a glass counter and lining shelves.

No cannabis in sight though (or as they used to call it back in the day, weed).

Yet another thing the Millennials are killing with well-lit, efficiently operated cannabis business models!

(turns off old man rant mode)
Not all glass pieces work well with all vaporizers. I bought a few pinnacle pro water tubes some years back. It’s nice with my Solo and my Grasshopper. Screw the pinnacle pro vaporizer though. The water tube was the best part. I also like a J Hook, nice and versatile. I two different ones, I prefer my Black Leaf. I bought from Planet Vape. You want a piece you can use with a few vaporizers. View attachment 22494
That is pretty cool....not sure if I can totally figure out how it works, but I like the looks of it.

@

Basement Farmer, dont make use of the ice pinches much. I find the thicker glass holds room temp longer & like your self & others here I find little need for water all the time in the few glass pieces I own. Except when dabbing​

I'd probably just start with a single cube...but yes, having TAG has the benefit of working as a heat sink...the water just seems to do just enough to condense the plant fats and any material that makes it thru the tip, body and stem.

....kinda seeing it on the inside if the glass makes me appreciate what's going on and why I don't have those phlegmy coughs like I used to. Prolly best to not be seen coughing your lungs out these days.

I do like shorter, harsher, but more flavorful sessions using smaller water pieces ....or no water pieces at all. But routinely stick to water.

But for clear lungs, moisture is the essence of wetness...and wetness is the essence of beauty

So this is most of it, at least what's part of the current rotation (this is looking left in the corner, coffee table in front with pc and tv/audio crap further back):
6wtp7ke.jpg

Please remember, this is an un-finished "Vapesement" area (concrete walls and floor minus an area rug) I sectioned off from the rest of the crap and clutter. The quilt "wall" keeps the little space heater heat in rather well. The really nice old round table, lamp and beat up old yellow chair came from my moms when she moved into a "home" a few years ago. The pleathah couch was a neighbors freebie I threw down there like 20 years ago... glad I did! It may smell a bit, but at least it's pretty comfy! When I'm not currently hitting the coil/bubbler, it gets tucked right under the table like that. I have a big goofy dog with a long tail... no broken glass caused by errant happy tails or branded nosy schnozes either, tyvm! Most other supplies are actually under the round table and behind the couch where the dog can't get to...

I suppose I should add that I pretty much only drop various types inserts for concentrate use and vape flower in a vapcap (omni or glass "water wand") and everything is 14mm, the bangers are 25mm. I use 3 dif types of caps and spin a variety of pearls. Most expensive bubbler is the little (US made) Aqua Labs Mini Wax rig in the way back that was about $65 delivered.

any questions at all, please don't hesitate!

Edit: oh, the low glass table is part of the cheapo deck set (surprisingly well made!) out back here:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back