Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Legacy by Airvape

bulllee

My Legacy has finally arrived . I did a pre-order of $100 back on March 6. They want $295 now :lmao: Today was the day. It was billed as a regulated on demand convection and or session vape (I don't make the news, i report it). Removable battery, Gold plated bowl, isolated glass airpath, Idk if I'm forgetting something. I'm doing a charge then a burn off and report back. It looks good. doesn't feel cheap at all, but it's got a weird vegan leather thing goin on. :uhh:

Cool looking box ! weird vegan leather
IMG_4810.JPG
IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4807.JPG

First off I'm not a reviewer. @Baron23 does some really in depth reviews that are very informative. Me not so much. :lmao: But I'll give it a whirl. The honeymoon begins. It looks like the old flip cell phone that finally crapped out on me. It has a heft to it, I do like the feel. The funky vegan leather covers the outside, and very different textured grip. It has an 18650 removable battery so far it seems good on battery life. It does have two modes very easy to switch between session and on demand mode. I will share closer pictures below. I'm very happy with the isolated glass pathway. It keeps the oven a distance from your lips keepin things tasty. It all breaks down fairly easy. As for the golden bowl I'm undecided still. It does seem to burn even without a stir, but for those who must the little tool they give is very helpful. Now the debate is it a true convection ? I'm fairly sure, and if I'm wrong it has to be very heavy on the convection side. That being said the session mode is my favorite so far. I think it's because with the session mode the herb gets cooked a little warmer giving me a thicker vapor. The regulated on demand works well. I usually go through 3 to 4 bowls at a setting so on demand doesn't make a big difference to me. All you do is press both up and down buttons and it switches to on demand. From there punch in your temp, hold the power button down and it vibrates when ready. Then just take a steady 10 to 15 second rip. First toke in both session and on demand produce very nice first blasts. I like the vapor a lot in session. It does seem to get warm after a couple bowls in on demand mode. I would bet a nickel that's what the funky textured grips are for. Draw resistance is very little to zip, nada. Good vapor. What I don't like is the interface and the little arrow buttons. Way too small . Hard to read the interface. It does have a slight learning curve with the on demand. It is capable of scorching. It gets up to 464 degrees. So if you don't watch what your doing a couple of back to back rips could scorch. I came close on the first bowl. :torching:You can use any wireless charger or just plug it in. mine charged quick outta the box. I like that. It's a little to heavy for my pocket but I can see taking this outta the house no problem. I know it's the honeymoon phase we'll see how things are in a week from now. :biggrin: Right now I like it, who knows what the future holds. Que sera sera :rofl:

IMG_4817.JPG
IMG_4813.JPG

You can see the pathway here ( and I have clean nails :biggrin:) !

Interesting. Looks like a firefly & appears to be a better performer in all aspects. Pleather is a big turn off for me. If I want the feel of leather I want leather not a substitute. For a lazy $100 it seems a good investment. Nearly 300? Not so much :lol:

Interesting. Looks like a firefly & appears to be a better performer in all aspects. Pleather is a big turn off for me. If I want the feel of leather I want leather not a substitute. For a lazy $100 it seems a good investment. Nearly 300? Not so much :lol:
Yup the very first thing I thought of was the Firefly. Way easier to use. I've been playin around with it and it's pretty fun. The vapor reminds me of the Ghost but more consistent. I should take some pics of the abv. I normally vape in the higher end, 420, and it borderline scorches if you don't watch the speed of your draw. Around 385 to 390 is a good range with this. I'm impressed so far. I can see taking this out and about on a night (if that ever happens again.). Idk wtf the purpose of fake leather is ? I have the Tera, G43, Mistvape, stem pod, mod pod, got rid of the Ghost. I like it better than the Ghost, but I'm still a #1 Dynavap fan ! :aaaaa:

Yup the very first thing I thought of was the Firefly. Way easier to use. I've been playin around with it and it's pretty fun. The vapor reminds me of the Ghost but more consistent. I should take some pics of the abv. I normally vape in the higher end, 420, and it borderline scorches if you don't watch the speed of your draw. Around 385 to 390 is a good range with this. I'm impressed so far. I can see taking this out and about on a night (if that ever happens again.). Idk wtf the purpose of fake leather is ? I have the Tera, G43, Mistvape, stem pod, mod pod, got rid of the Ghost. I like it better than the Ghost, but I'm still a #1 Dynavap fan ! :aaaaa:
Just recd. mine on Monday this week. I wanted to run at least ten bowls through it b4 giving an initial review. This has been done.

Looks: It came in the small paperback size priority mail box. In perfect shape on pickup. This vape is GQ worthy, come award show season this Legacy vape will be in all the celebrity gift bags type classy. I like the hemp fiber, nice color and very tactile, this isn’t so slick you can’t hang on to it. I like the vegan leather doesn’t look like pleather to me. Ok so aesthetically and initial impression is the vape is stylin. Unlike some vape from Finland it doesn’t look like it was made in Gepetto’s workshop. Looks 9 out of ten.

Operationally: I must state at the get go, I did not engage the on-demand function. I stayed with session setting. Ran bowls @ 3min., @5min., and 10min. This is a beautiful feature, personally like 5min. sessions. Power on/off is simple three regular speed clicks none of this clicking as many times as it takes for the vape starts, in some vapes, including the block of wood from Finland you have to be tweaking on meth to hit the trigger in the rapid, short window of opportunity. One battery charge will get you 7 maybe eight full bowls. The vape get’s pretty warm near the end of a 10min. Session. Nice full draws, like most vapes first pull can be wispy but will be terpy to compensate! 7-10 pulls per oven, another feature over the block of wood from Finland. Quality vapor 2-7 pulls after 7 a little harsh, if you try to extract 110% from the bowl, you will see some charring. If your inclined to stir, maybe fourth pull? I personally don’t stir too fiddly.

Cleaning: I have only cleaned the bowl, the silicone/rubber gaskets. My glass tube is starting to get a little honey, but not worth cleaning yet. Now the perforated black disk built into the door that covers the oven is a sticky wicket and bud gloms onto it, cutting draw power. I have a free hack that solves this. Take a .500 or 1/2” inch screen place it on TOP of the cannabis in the oven, carefully close the door, so as not to dislodge the screen. This keeps the perforated oven cover clean and allows for clean draw. Makes clean up easier as well.

I’ll be back later after longer term usage and update any initial impressions that may have changed.

Last edited:
It's been a couple weeks now and I have some final thoughts. I like the fact it was $100 pre-order. I would not consider it a $295 value. Overall when you get it dialed in, it's a tasty vape, in the on demand mode. To get an even abv you need to stir just like a Firefly. It does run hot, so my normal temp is 420. With the Legacy I run 375 to 380. I load it 3/4 full because of the funky little cap on the lid that presses down on the oven bowl. It gets warm after about 3 to 4 bowls, not to bad. The hemp covering works well it diffuses the heat well. I wasn't impressed with the session mode at all. On demand did give a way tastier rip. Battery life is killer. I don't have any problems cleaning even with the little screen on the airpath. Draw resistance is minimal to nothing. Great flavor. I still like and use my Dynavaps for a heavy hitter, and my Solo 2 for tasty rips ! In order for the optimum usage of the Legacy I find smaller loads work best, medium grind and steady draw. If it had an even abv without stirring, and held more weed I would say it's worth the $295 asked.

Hi --
First off I'm not a reviewer. @Baron23 does some really in depth reviews that are very informative. Me not so much. :lmao: But I'll give it a whirl. The honeymoon begins. It looks like the old flip cell phone that finally crapped out on me. It has a heft to it, I do like the feel. The funky vegan leather covers the outside, and very different textured grip. It has an 18650 removable battery so far it seems good on battery life. It does have two modes very easy to switch between session and on demand mode. I will share closer pictures below. I'm very happy with the isolated glass pathway. It keeps the oven a distance from your lips keepin things tasty. It all breaks down fairly easy. As for the golden bowl I'm undecided still. It does seem to burn even without a stir, but for those who must the little tool they give is very helpful. Now the debate is it a true convection ? I'm fairly sure, and if I'm wrong it has to be very heavy on the convection side. That being said the session mode is my favorite so far. I think it's because with the session mode the herb gets cooked a little warmer giving me a thicker vapor. The regulated on demand works well. I usually go through 3 to 4 bowls at a setting so on demand doesn't make a big difference to me. All you do is press both up and down buttons and it switches to on demand. From there punch in your temp, hold the power button down and it vibrates when ready. Then just take a steady 10 to 15 second rip. First toke in both session and on demand produce very nice first blasts. I like the vapor a lot in session. It does seem to get warm after a couple bowls in on demand mode. I would bet a nickel that's what the funky textured grips are for. Draw resistance is very little to zip, nada. Good vapor. What I don't like is the interface and the little arrow buttons. Way too small . Hard to read the interface. It does have a slight learning curve with the on demand. It is capable of scorching. It gets up to 464 degrees. So if you don't watch what your doing a couple of back to back rips could scorch. I came close on the first bowl. :torching:You can use any wireless charger or just plug it in. mine charged quick outta the box. I like that. It's a little to heavy for my pocket but I can see taking this outta the house no problem. I know it's the honeymoon phase we'll see how things are in a week from now. :biggrin: Right now I like it, who knows what the future holds. Que sera sera :rofl:

View attachment 20499 View attachment 20500

You can see the pathway here ( and I have clean nails :biggrin:) !
For the On-Demand Mode...do you need to keep the power button held down while you take the first and subsequent draws? thanks

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back