Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Mental Heath Thread

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
It's not a joke. It's not a fucking movie, even though I choose to make it that way because it makes it easier.

If you don't understand, you can fuck right the fuck off.

One time when I was at my illest I believed a deity had spoken to me.
I was given comfort and a solution and told to wait as my two futures were unfurled before my eyes.........and I was given a choice.
Next thing I knew I was out of the darkness and into the light.........literally.
Upon being thrust into the light I was given $100 and placed on a bus to the future and 25 years later he we are.
Mental illness is real and can manifest for a variety of reasons both environmental and hereditary.
You have some nice writing skills and seem to have some decent story telling instincts.......you should write.

A few years ago i was trapped in a seemingly inescapable situation.. it tortured me for years.. i had no hope whatsoever..
Also had absolutlely no way out, without hurting some people i cared about..

But it got to the point where i was gonna end up dead, and that would of hurt them even more...

A few years later and i am the happiest i have ever been.. and the people i was worried about hurting are also happier now..
Was alot of hard work, i lost everything, like absolutely everything, had to start again..
But it just goes to show, even when you are convinced there is no way out, except death, things can and will always change...

Never give up....

Well, the pseudo frat house down the mountain has filled up again wtih school starting up.

Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten blackout drunk at that house.

I'm the cool old weird guy who is constantly shouting about fuck all loud enough for everyone to hear.

I don't know why guys in their teens and 20s find that so fascinating. But they have plenty of beer and booze at all times, so ... I visit there regularly.

I found this great piece of something an older person posted somewhere. I found it helpful, really quite good.
When my love died it left a huge hole and at times I felt I was drowning, like it was sucking my breath from me.

As for grief, you'll find it comes in waves. When the ship is first wrecked, you're drowning, with wreckage all around you. Everything floating around you reminds you of the beauty and the magnificence of the ship that was, and is no more. And all you can do is float. You find some piece of the wreckage and you hang on for a while. Maybe it's some physical thing. Maybe it's a happy memory or a photograph. Maybe it's a person who is also floating. For a while, all you can do is float. Stay alive.

In the beginning, the waves are 100 feet tall and crash over you without mercy. They come 10 seconds apart and don't even give you time to catch your breath. All you can do is hang on and float. After a while, maybe weeks, maybe months, you'll find the waves are still 100 feet tall, but they come further apart. When they come, they still crash all over you and wipe you out. But in between, you can breathe, you can function. You never know what's going to trigger the grief. It might be a song, a picture, a street intersection, the smell of a cup of coffee. It can be just about anything...and the wave comes crashing. But in between waves, there is life.

Somewhere down the line, and it's different for everybody, you find that the waves are only 80 feet tall. Or 50 feet tall. And while they still come, they come further apart. You can see them coming. An anniversary, a birthday, or Christmas, or landing at O'Hare. You can see it coming, for the most part, and prepare yourself. And when it washes over you, you know that somehow you will, again, come out the other side. Soaking wet, sputtering, still hanging on to some tiny piece of the wreckage, but you'l get through it.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this thread back because the subject is close to my heart.

I saw my best fucking friend die due to mental illness. So yeah.

I made a bit of a joke about it in this thread and I regret that. Sometimes it's easier to laugh it off and not take it seriously.

So Sierra is in mental therapy.

I've tried it multiple times but is just doesn't work on me. I'm not saying mental therapy is "dumb" or that it "doesn't work" or that it's a "scam" - it just doesn't help me. All it does is embarass me. It wastes my time, and it wastes the therapist's time, and it's just a fucking waste of everybody's time.

Sierra however, found a therapist, who can help her. She trusts her, can talk to her, and we sometimes do visits together so we can get some shit out.

I'm not going to stand on a soap box and proclaim that everyone needs therapy. A lot of it ... is bullshit and meant to pay off college loans.

But when you find a person who actually wants to help people ... they can actually help people.

But here's the thing, and it's a cliche but it's true.

YOU CANNOT HELP YOURSELF UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO HELP YOURSELF.

I've seen the difference in Sierra over the past few months.

Mental therapy is not for everyone.

But talking to people? Yeah. That's for everyone.

33E05BC0-3E96-4396-8582-AE8DC8314616.jpeg

Bringing sexy back.

This issue still hits close to my heart. Same as gay rights and proper pay for public teachers. What COVID has done to us ... You do the fucking math. Agoraphobia running rampant.

We are creating a world of Jokers. Used to be an anomaly. Now it's reality.

Hey, I hear you. Life can feel like an intense drama sometimes. I've been there, too, using humor as a coping mechanism. If you ever want to chat or share more about what you're going through, I'm here.

Hey, I hear you. Life can feel like an intense drama sometimes. I've been there, too, using humor as a coping mechanism. If you ever want to chat or share more about what you're going through, I'm here.
I remember when I thought I could have certain mental issues (like pica disorder), close people helped me to get through. We all have our unique ways of navigating this wild ride.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back