Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Cannabis Hardware - Formerly New Vape

Sorry I completely forgot to post this last week...breakdown of the ShowerHead assembly:

uIGT7Mq.jpg

Thanks @NewVape !
This is the exact setup I use now.
I have the smaller top cup wraparounds (titanium, glass and SIC) but love the showerhead more.
As for the bottom.. I use the Panhead, but also like the 18MM Male Bodyas a bucket..... But I believe the Panhead bowl is superior.

F-Potters-

We'd like your feedback on the ideal glass bowl! Below is a sample of a glass bowl that will work with the FP system. Please take a moment and try to visualize the drawing in you own setup/environment. Love it? Hate it? Have an idea for a change? ----> Let us know.

As we are not glass designers we are completely open to suggestions to improve function, design, and manufacturability. The OD must be consistent and parallel to properly interface with the machined flowerpot coil nut. The ID of the coil nut can be adjusted to fit the final production glass. It is our thoughts that the OD of the glass bowl where the coil nut interfaces be the same diameter as the raw material to best maintain consistency. We need the ShowerHead to sit safely and secure on top of the glass for dabs. We need to maintain the open direct airflow from the ShowerHead directly 1/2" above the 3/4" screen. To accomplish this design objective we feel the OD of the coil nut must grow to 1.25" (the same dia as the coil cover).

Thoughts?

Here's our design criteria list for the newVape glass FlowerPot bowl.

1) Maintain direct straight line airflow from the ShowerHead over the entire 3/4 screen.
2) 18mm male
3) Glass Screen (by itself it allows way to much fine grind thru, but works great for little nugs)
4) Accept and Retain a 19-20 mm metal screen (3/4") sitting on top of the glass screen. (small glass balls for screen retention is desired)
5) Handle
6) OD straight as possible for 13-15mm
7) 28-29mm OD dia 1.25" (As stated this will require new 20mm coil nut same dia as coil cover)
8) Must be safe and stable when the energized head is sitting on top of glass bowl while applying dab. (will need to be tested on rigs that have 45° joints.)
9) Accept a health stone (or equivalent) .75" ID (for convection dabs)

fp-glass-bowl2018-02-01_16-22-55.png

Last edited:
F-Potters-

We'd like your feedback on the ideal glass bowl! Below is a sample of a glass bowl that will work with the FP system. Please take a moment and try to visualize the drawing in you own setup/environment. Love it? Hate it? Have an idea for a change? ----> Let us know.

As we are not glass designers we are completely open to suggestions to improve function, design, and manufacturability. The OD must be consistent and parallel to properly interface with the machined flowerpot coil nut. The ID of the coil nut can be adjusted to fit the final production glass. It is our thoughts that the OD of the glass bowl where the coil nut interfaces be the same diameter as the raw material to best maintain consistency. We need the ShowerHead to sit safely and secure on top of the glass for dabs. We need to maintain the open direct airflow from the ShowerHead directly 1/2" above the 3/4" screen. To accomplish this design objective we feel the OD of the coil nut must grow to 1.25" (the same dia as the coil cover).

Thoughts?

Here's our design criteria list for the newVape glass FlowerPot bowl.

1) Maintain direct straight line airflow from the ShowerHead over the entire 3/4 screen.
2) 18mm male
3) Glass Screen (by itself it allows way to much fine grind thru, but works great for little nugs)
4) Accept and Retain a 19-20 mm metal screen (3/4") sitting on top of the glass screen. (small glass balls for screen retention is desired)
5) Handle
6) OD straight as possible for 13-15mm
7) 28-29mm OD dia 1.25" (As stated this will require new 20mm coil nut same dia as coil cover)
8) Must be safe and stable when the energized head is sitting on top of glass bowl while applying dab. (will need to be tested on rigs that have 45° joints.)
9) Accept a health stone (or equivalent) .75" ID (for convection dabs)

fp-glass-bowl2018-02-01_16-22-55.png
HI NV - I do know of folks on another board advocating for glass bowl but I'm not quite sold on the idea. First, I have no problem with the Ti bowls I have (OG and Pan Head) and rather love that its completely robust (you ain't breaking it by dropping it). Then, there is the technical difficulty of having a glass bowl, as you showed in the drwg, with consistent and tight specs so as to not impact performance. On this subject I have no expertise and if you guys think you can have these made in prod qtys and they will all fit, then I certainly defer to you on this.

I'm generally quite happy with my SH FP in its current form. Of course, if you do issue a glass bowl, I'll certainly keep an open mind and will probably get one (just for kicks). But I really am happy with the Ti.

Cheers

We occasionally get questions regarding the type of XLR connections we use for our PID controllers. Some XLR background - there's XLR's with 3pin, 4pin, 5pin, 6pin, 7pin, and various iterations of each! With so many options, we consulted electrical engineers to find the most robust for our situation/application. Ours carry 30% more current and are far more durable than other 5pin iterations.

NewVape on the right, the 'other folks' on the left.

pins-1.jpg

Qustions? Lemme know.

@Morty

I love using my Showerhead with my water tool dry!
Flavor and clouds are intense!!

Looks like i need a claisen adapter in my life...Been avoiding it for obvious reasons! LOL!

The crap on the sides of the bubbler, and gobs floating in the water belong in me!
In the case of rezBlock.... what gets absorbed into the rezblock may be even more of what belongs in me!

And the Showerhead builds it up so fast!!

I am very excited about the new V-Rod!!!

Any insider info you could share with us @NewVape ????
:naughty2:

Ok, forgot to post this here...its a week or two old but better late than never

HI guys - as I have stated in the past, the FP is a flower device for me...no dabbing off of it.

And as a result, I'm still very happy with my Showerhead using both the OG handled bowl and I recently got a glass bowl that is marvelous.

It was the one someone posted some pages back on Ebay from seller rainbowplusglass_0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253670318393.

It now says under the listing:

Note: Our glass bowl is around 8mm deeper than many of the models of stock Titanium bowls available. We have given you the extra space to make room for your hemp screens or metal screens in the bottom, or for you to use for larger party-sized loads or nug stacks, if you desire! Please note that in many situations, you may need to increase your air temperature by 10-40 Deg., to achieve the same vapor density. If you desire a bowl of similar volume as Titanium bowls, or do not want to adjust your temperatures much, please wait to order. We will introduce our "Stubby" version of these bowls in the near future.

And indeed the first one I received had this bowl depth. As you may remember, I favor the OG handled bowl over the Pan Head I also have because with the Pan/Shovel NV went about 2.5 mm deeper on the bowl (like the old stubby) by popular acclaim. And many people have asked for a party bowl.

Me, however, I favor the more shallow bowl depth as I vape alone and would rather reload more often than have a large load size needing in a deeper bowl.

In conversing with the seller, he indicated he had a prototype of the "stubby" bowl he wanted me to try. About the depth of the Pan, not quite as shallow as the OG handled bowl...but we are talking one or two mm either way.

So I tried the prototype and man, this is the tits for me personally. I did up my temps 20 degrees F and got great thick vapor. If you leave the head on the glass bowl for a goodly time, yes...the glass will get very hot and cook your herb...so don't let it sit there for 10 minutes, Baron you idiot! LOL

Now, yes...some flower bits get through the glass gauze if you don't use a screen. But to me it was a big..."so what". It rinses out of the rig easily (I used a simple slit perc stemless can) and indeed I was surprised at the difference in taste. I wasn't fully aware of the degree to which Ti impacted the taste. Still don't mind hitting Ti with the flower (don't like to dab off of Ti, personally) but the glass bowl is very, very nice. Oh, and it doesn't stick.

I will try a screen in the bottom but doubt I will put a hemp fiber filter in it as I do run water in the rig and any particulants (or at least most) are caught by the water). But who knows...maybe I'll get adventurous and try a filter (real act of courage there, eh? hahaha).

U.S. Shipping 14mm Glass Bowl ( $25) : https://www.ebay.com/itm/253670318393

China Shipping ( $16) : https://www.ebay.com/itm/253670290774

Last edited:
Hi FlowerPot flower users, the new, more shallow, glass bowl styles are now on sale.

These are the "short version" glass bowls with smaller internal volume, more closely matching NewVape bowl volume (11mm internal height) versus the first release which was more of the party bowl (deeper bowl.).

I have a prototype of the shorty bowl and have a "party" depth bowl and for my purposes the shorty is it all of the way.

I tried a screen in them and it works fine, but to me this rather defeats the purpose of a glass bowl and I don't mind the occasional bits that get into my water.

These links are for bowls shipped from China. Auction entries on ebay for the short bowl from the USA shipping origination should be up on Ebay later this week.

18mm Male, Short Version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253736410017

14mm Male, Short Version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253736402478

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back