1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Vapor Asylum is proud to have Puffitup.com and Dynavap.com as our sponsors.

The NewVape Flower Pot - an overview

Discussion in 'Desktop Vaporizers' started by Baron23, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

@ataxian uses bubblers.
    I suffer partial paralysis of my left hand, and severe spasticity in both.
    I was nervous, but went for it, and found it to be stable, and easy to keep myself safe.

Morty, andreaerdna, NewVape and 2 others like this.
  2. NewVape

NewVape New Member Company Rep

Sorry I completely forgot to post this last week...breakdown of the ShowerHead assembly:

[​IMG]

momofthegoons, Vitolo and ataxian like this.
  3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Thanks @NewVape !
    This is the exact setup I use now.
    I have the smaller top cup wraparounds (titanium, glass and SIC) but love the showerhead more.
    As for the bottom.. I use the Panhead, but also like the 18MM Male Bodyas a bucket..... But I believe the Panhead bowl is superior.

4. NewVape

F-Potters-

We'd like your feedback on the ideal glass bowl! Below is a sample of a glass bowl that will work with the FP system. Please take a moment and try to visualize the drawing in you own setup/environment. Love it? Hate it? Have an idea for a change? ----> Let us know.

As we are not glass designers we are completely open to suggestions to improve function, design, and manufacturability. The OD must be consistent and parallel to properly interface with the machined flowerpot coil nut. The ID of the coil nut can be adjusted to fit the final production glass. It is our thoughts that the OD of the glass bowl where the coil nut interfaces be the same diameter as the raw material to best maintain consistency. We need the ShowerHead to sit safely and secure on top of the glass for dabs. We need to maintain the open direct airflow from the ShowerHead directly 1/2" above the 3/4" screen. To accomplish this design objective we feel the OD of the coil nut must grow to 1.25" (the same dia as the coil cover).

Thoughts?

Here's our design criteria list for the newVape glass FlowerPot bowl.

1) Maintain direct straight line airflow from the ShowerHead over the entire 3/4 screen.
    2) 18mm male
    3) Glass Screen (by itself it allows way to much fine grind thru, but works great for little nugs)
    4) Accept and Retain a 19-20 mm metal screen (3/4") sitting on top of the glass screen. (small glass balls for screen retention is desired)
    5) Handle
    6) OD straight as possible for 13-15mm
    7) 28-29mm OD dia 1.25" (As stated this will require new 20mm coil nut same dia as coil cover)
    8) Must be safe and stable when the energized head is sitting on top of glass bowl while applying dab. (will need to be tested on rigs that have 45° joints.)
    9) Accept a health stone (or equivalent) .75" ID (for convection dabs)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    momofthegoons and Baron23 like this.
  5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

HI NV - I do know of folks on another board advocating for glass bowl but I'm not quite sold on the idea. First, I have no problem with the Ti bowls I have (OG and Pan Head) and rather love that its completely robust (you ain't breaking it by dropping it). Then, there is the technical difficulty of having a glass bowl, as you showed in the drwg, with consistent and tight specs so as to not impact performance. On this subject I have no expertise and if you guys think you can have these made in prod qtys and they will all fit, then I certainly defer to you on this.

I'm generally quite happy with my SH FP in its current form. Of course, if you do issue a glass bowl, I'll certainly keep an open mind and will probably get one (just for kicks). But I really am happy with the Ti.

Cheers

Morty, Vitolo and momofthegoons like this.
  6. NewVape

Thanks for your feedback, @Baron23 !

Vitolo and momofthegoons like this.
  7. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have been having fun with the Flower Pot.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    lazylathe, Morty, NewVape and 2 others like this.
  8. NewVape

Excellent work Vito! The locks were a nice touch, something not enough people utilize while in transit.

Locking your gear is absolutely recommend while in transit, no matter what state you live in!

lazylathe, momofthegoons and Vitolo like this.
  9. NewVape

We occasionally get questions regarding the type of XLR connections we use for our PID controllers. Some XLR background - there's XLR's with 3pin, 4pin, 5pin, 6pin, 7pin, and various iterations of each! With so many options, we consulted electrical engineers to find the most robust for our situation/application. Ours carry 30% more current and are far more durable than other 5pin iterations.

NewVape on the right, the 'other folks' on the left.

[​IMG]

Qustions? Lemme know.

Morty, lazylathe, Vitolo and 2 others like this.
  10. Morty

Morty New Member

728F dry

???

14mm M-F adapter w/ a Vapocane screen

500F capped

600F capped

700F uncapped

1g in 2 rips

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. lazylathe

lazylathe reaching maximum velocity...

@Morty

I love using my Showerhead with my water tool dry!
    Flavor and clouds are intense!!

Looks like i need a claisen adapter in my life...Been avoiding it for obvious reasons! LOL!

Morty and NewVape like this.
  12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I do also!
    I also agree about clouds and flavor.

13. NewVape

Can we get a government grant to see what effect that water has on absorbing terpenes already?

lazylathe, momofthegoons and Vitolo like this.
  14. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The crap on the sides of the bubbler, and gobs floating in the water belong in me!
    In the case of rezBlock.... what gets absorbed into the rezblock may be even more of what belongs in me!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    lazylathe, NewVape and momofthegoons like this.
  15. lazylathe

lazylathe reaching maximum velocity...

And the Showerhead builds it up so fast!!

Vitolo, NewVape and momofthegoons like this.