Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Cannabis Hardware - Formerly New Vape

These links are for bowls shipped from China.
Good find for the FP aficionado that wishes glass assortment .
The FP is a variety vape, and the more pieces one collects for it, the more valuable the collection becomes.
I have the panhead with 18mm post.
I am not in love with it.
I also have the Male body one piece in 4 versions:
14mm thick walled and 14 mm thin walled
18mm thick walled and 18mm thin walled.
The thick walled versions were experimental, and the thin walled work better.
I feel the glass would be a step up from that entire set of bowls, if given a chance.
Good find!
Thanks for sharing.

I use an 18MM male to 18mm female adapter, then I pull the whole thing out to empty my ABV.
After a minute the bucket (part 3031) comes out with ease... once the metal has cooled.

I cap mine (I use the showerhead style) when I want some resistance, but I like the free wide open draw, and the convection flavor, as I kill a bucket in one long breath at 600+. (honestly I use 650º)
While I love "Twaxing"... and also using the FP for wax...... I LOVE this unit for flower only.... and have been getting denser thicker load finishing hits in as many or few hits as I please.
Thicker and deeper hits than the Plenty gives when used at full force.
By the way, @NewVape welcome to the Assylum.
I would also like to comment about what an amazing guy the developer/owner is.
Edwyn takes great pride in this amazing tool... rapidly becoming my favorite.
He is very willing to discuss and help, and is MORE THAN patient with questions and getting together the perfect setup.
I just got my glasses and so will be posting MUCH more.
I have been without full vision for 9 weeks total...
And now I can see.
(Yes... this means the Flower Pot can be used safely by a low vision patient with tremors and spasticity!)
I will make Flower Pot Video footage over the next weeks and try to show my voyage and joy with the device!
I waz going 2 get one?
Someone told me I wasn't worthy?
Enjoy!

Someone told me I wasn't worthy?

Not worthy? Sorry, my friend, but I don't remember anybody saying you weren't worthy. Even though a number of people, including me, cautioned you that this is can be a dangerous device for those with dexterity or movement issues, I also remember these same people deferring the decision to yourself. You are a grown man, if you want one, buy one.

Last edited:
Not worth? Sorry, my friend, but I don't remember anybody saying you weren't worth. Even though a number of people, including me, cautioned you that this is can be a dangerous device for those with dexterity or movement issues, I also remember these same people deferring the decision to yourself. You are a grown man, if you want one, buy one.
I don't want to argue!

I am just laying by water vaping top shelf flower colas.
2 bad I never tried one?

If you have experiened a NEWVAPE power 2 U.

It was not U?

He's from FC!
My ATAXIA is type 6 not FREDRICK's?

Last edited:
A review of the newer NewVape Flower Pot offering, the Vrod. Nice succinct review.

The comments I made on the review are:

SiC...that is about the only dab surface I will use these days. I'm not spending the crazy money for sapphire and sapphire has proved to be fairly delicate so I stick with SiC.

I'm not sure where they are at with this one feature as I run a Showerhead for flower only and don't dab on my FP, but at one time they had SiC halos they were reselling from TAG and they were reselling the D-nail SiC but now I believe its only the D-nail which is a superior dish. I have a D-nail slim line SiC halo and that's a VERY nice dab surface.

Also, talking about temps...as you of all people well know...the temps we talk about are controller set points and the temps that the thermocouple in the coil is reporting back to the controller. These are related but not the same as the actual temp of the Ti head since this is an open system with energy going into the coil but energy being radiated back out into the ambient air. There is almost always a good size delta between set point (after heat soak and stabization) and the actual temp of the dab surface.

Likewise, the set point or even the actual Ti heater head temp is not the same as the temp of the air being drawn through it and draw speed does make a difference with these devices. Slower draw speed seems to let the air pick up more energy on its way to the load and faster does this less. Much like my Stickybrick Junior, for another example.

In the past, the key to narrow the delta between set point and heater head or dab surface actual temp, was to make sure you had a VERY tight well fitted coil. Then coil covers were added (you can see that in the shot Bud showed of the Showerhead) to help reduce lost energy and help close the gap between set point and actual.

With the Vrod, NewVape has taken that to new height. The entire heater head is designed around a specific coil. Yes, its a 20mm diameter coil, but its also higher from top to bottom by a good bit than other "hot runner" coils and it must coil in the right direction in order for the thermocouple to fit into the slot in the top of the inside of the heater.

In the past I have been critical of NV for driving customers to its controller by the use of the screw on aviation connector versus XLR connector. To me, this was a change that restricted owners coil sources without sufficient justification or benefit.

However, I do not feel that way about the Vrod where the coil is such an integral part of the heater head and is made to fit to a degree not seen before in enail tech. IMO, this tight coil to heater head integration indeed does provide benefit and will result in actual temps being much closer to set point. I don't know off hand of anybody taking a K-type thermometer to the heater head to measure the deltas (I did do this with my Liger banger and D-nail SiC halo) but I expect the delta to be smaller than what I get with exposed coil rigs like the D-nail.

Because I don't dab on my FP and because my showerhead is still relatively new and in great condition, I don't need to spend more money on a Vrod. But if I was shopping from scratch today, I think the Vrod is the way I would go just for the coil-heater integration.​

A review of the newer NewVape Flower Pot offering, the Vrod. Nice succinct review.

The comments I made on the review are:

SiC...that is about the only dab surface I will use these days. I'm not spending the crazy money for sapphire and sapphire has proved to be fairly delicate so I stick with SiC.

I'm not sure where they are at with this one feature as I run a Showerhead for flower only and don't dab on my FP, but at one time they had SiC halos they were reselling from TAG and they were reselling the D-nail SiC but now I believe its only the D-nail which is a superior dish. I have a D-nail slim line SiC halo and that's a VERY nice dab surface.

Also, talking about temps...as you of all people well know...the temps we talk about are controller set points and the temps that the thermocouple in the coil is reporting back to the controller. These are related but not the same as the actual temp of the Ti head since this is an open system with energy going into the coil but energy being radiated back out into the ambient air. There is almost always a good size delta between set point (after heat soak and stabization) and the actual temp of the dab surface.

Likewise, the set point or even the actual Ti heater head temp is not the same as the temp of the air being drawn through it and draw speed does make a difference with these devices. Slower draw speed seems to let the air pick up more energy on its way to the load and faster does this less. Much like my Stickybrick Junior, for another example.

In the past, the key to narrow the delta between set point and heater head or dab surface actual temp, was to make sure you had a VERY tight well fitted coil. Then coil covers were added (you can see that in the shot Bud showed of the Showerhead) to help reduce lost energy and help close the gap between set point and actual.

With the Vrod, NewVape has taken that to new height. The entire heater head is designed around a specific coil. Yes, its a 20mm diameter coil, but its also higher from top to bottom by a good bit than other "hot runner" coils and it must coil in the right direction in order for the thermocouple to fit into the slot in the top of the inside of the heater.

In the past I have been critical of NV for driving customers to its controller by the use of the screw on aviation connector versus XLR connector. To me, this was a change that restricted owners coil sources without sufficient justification or benefit.

However, I do not feel that way about the Vrod where the coil is such an integral part of the heater head and is made to fit to a degree not seen before in enail tech. IMO, this tight coil to heater head integration indeed does provide benefit and will result in actual temps being much closer to set point. I don't know off hand of anybody taking a K-type thermometer to the heater head to measure the deltas (I did do this with my Liger banger and D-nail SiC halo) but I expect the delta to be smaller than what I get with exposed coil rigs like the D-nail.

Because I don't dab on my FP and because my showerhead is still relatively new and in great condition, I don't need to spend more money on a Vrod. But if I was shopping from scratch today, I think the Vrod is the way I would go just for the coil-heater integration.​

That was one of da best videos on the FLOWER POT !

I don’t currently dab or have access to the wonderful world of concentrates. But plan on getting the Vrod just for the option to squish down the road. I’m very grateful that 710coils.com will be offering a suitable option so that I don’t have to get the NV controller & can get the Auber controller that I decided on ages ago. When needed, I can pony up for the D-Nail SiC (or factory second) later. But it also comes down to design (which is sooooo subjective), the Vrod is sleeker to my eye and I like the lines of its profile. If I had the Showerhead, I would be happy with it & not feel at all any urge for Vrod. With no Showerhead, however, I’m leaning more to the Vrod.

@Baron23 Thanks for posting the review! Your FP-SH use case is surely the same as most Showerhead users I’ve read about. I mean, I’ve never dabbed a dab a day in my life & still know that Ti as a dabbing surface is now not considered “the best”. Seems like real ‘trate users have plenty of other dab-dedicated devices & method, including the FP-wrap-around & now Vrod.

So if most folks only use the Showerhead for flowers, why is there a need for the Ti trough on the Showerhead? I guess when the SH was initially created, Ti nails were the numero uno material but if it’s not used in reality, why is it there? I guess every NewVape vape has to have twax-capability, maybe... I dunno. So much I don’t know...:watchout:

I’m very grateful that 710coils.com will be offering a suitable option so that I don’t have to get the NV controller & can get the Auber controller that I decided on ages ago.

Now, don't misunderstand me....I love @710coils (the artist formerly known as Mutten840), but why do you think his coils are suitable for the Vrod.

The NV coil stack that he fitted to the Vrod are a good bit higher than regular "hot runner" coils and need to coil in a certain direction (and I can't remember which way). I suppose anyone who fits their coils (I do, again from Mutten) can easily heighten the stack with a flat blade screw driver and a little bit of prying....but do you know something specific from 710coils about Vrod compatibility??

why is there a need for the Ti trough on the Showerhead? I guess when the SH was initially created, Ti nails were the numero uno material

No, not really...I think. Ti has been surpass for quite some time, IMO. I believe the reasons that there is a dab channel on the SH may include removing excess material (so it doesn't weight 4 lbs! haha) and to provide a dab surface for those who may want to do so on what is primarily a flower vape.

Cheers

Yessir, TAFKAM840 has already said he will be bringing one to market, spec’d just for the Vrod. He’s said to expect them shortly but I’m in no hurry. I’m not sure why, but I’m especially excited about the option to pick your coil’s cable colour (red, blue & black). But I am!

In breaking news: seen elsewhere, NewVape has now agreed to carry coils that have the default D-nail pin-out! From Edwyn’s mouth.

Still, I’ll be getting the TAFKAM840 coil in sexy red because my heart’s set on it. But nice to see NV do this for customers (eventually!)

Yessir, TAFKAM840 has already said he will be bringing one to market, spec’d just for the Vrod. He’s said to expect them shortly but I’m in no hurry. I’m not sure why, but I’m especially excited about the option to pick your coil’s cable colour (red, blue & black). But I am!

In breaking news: seen elsewhere, NewVape has now agreed to carry coils that have the default D-nail pin-out! From Edwyn’s mouth.

Still, I’ll be getting the TAFKAM840 coil in sexy red because my heart’s set on it. But nice to see NV do this for customers (eventually!)
Holy shit! The d-nail-compatible coils news is HUGE! Major kudos to Newvape for finally doing this. I hope that it brings them just as much business as I'd expect it to! :biggrin:

TAFKAM840

Thanks for that, great to know, but who TAFKAM840?

Major kudos to Newvape for finally doing this.

Kudos....kudos? Yeah, he did it but after a year of active resistance, after people people started making 3rd party adapter cables, and apparently after other vendors are bringing that type coil to market.

I don't know if kudos is applicable, but I am glad that they are doing so.

Last edited:
Kudos....kudos? Yeah, he did it but after a year of active resistance, after people people started making 3rd party adapter cables, and apparently after other vendors are bringing that type coil to market.

They are still denying the connector is proprietary, which is a little baffling considering the majority of enails on the market are using XLR 5-pin connectors. Sourcing the connector to build your own PID to work with the NV coils was practically impossible.

I guess according to NV, it's not proprietary but judging by the feedback from the NV community and potential customers, it seems they're not as in touch with their customer base as they thought, and I question their understanding of the vape community worldwide.

I'm glad they are offering the coils, but honestly, I dont plan to keep my WA head or upgrade to the VROD. The SH works universally and at least I am comfortable recommending that device to potential customers for compatability with other equipment.

^^ Thought it was odd the way it was addressed like suddenly, they’re “okay, we can do this, let’s try it” :thinker: After so much obstinacy and justification on their superior choice, resulting in so much difficulty and drama. Oh well, they do make a helluva vape!

So glad to see @psychonaut hanging here at the asylum!

Thanks for that, great to know, but who TAFKAM840?

I take your points brother, but in the end, this is still a net positive for the community compared to where we were at prior to this decision. A lot of folks have enail controllers wired to the d-nail configuration and would like to be able to purchase a newvape product and use their existing controllers without having to source a heating coil from another vendor (dealing with additional shipping costs and potential issues of coils not fitting well). Soon, it appears they'll finally be able to do so.

The original decision by newvape not to offer d-nail compatible coils made very little sense to me. You'll probably recall that I was one of the first who complained early and loudly about that. At least NV seem now to have wised up to the idea. I guess I just like to give positive feedback when vendors do right by consumers, even if I agree that they should have done so sooner :peace:

They are still denying the connector is proprietary

Well, in fairness its not proprietary in the true sense that they own rights to that design. Its an aviation style connector and are available from many sources but are; 1) NOT used by anyone else in the world on a PID controller and; 2) are overkill for the current capacity needed for these pins.

Edwyn came on the 'other' board today and stated that he was going to order some handful of his coils with XLR (and I assume with D-nail pin out assignments as in addition to his connector being unique, he uses a different pin-out).

But he also said that the reason they selected this connector is that they had heard 'rumors' of fires caused by PID/coils and that the culprit was suspected to be the connector. I have never heard such rumors....as anyone here?

JCAT has found some sort of source for these aviation connectors (sorry, I can't remember the nomenclature) but they come as a pair and I think he had a hard time finding females that would terminate a cable to use in an adapter (vice most all females are enclosure wall mounted type, I believe...I had the # at one time and googled around a bit and they were a bit hard to find in the right configuration).

It is what it is. If 710 coil comes out with a coil that fits the Vrod but will interface with my Auber or Omron driven PID, then I may well buy a Vrod.

this is still a net positive for the community compared to where we were at prior to this decision.

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just not willing to convey any virtue to this decision...I still believe it resulted from outside pressure (but that's what companies are supposed to do...listen to customers, right?). All good, my friend.

Soon, it appears they'll finally be able to do so.

But don't get too dang excited....Edwyn said, I believe, that he was ordering 10 of them while reupping his coil supply. He also said that he had no intention of changing the connector on his PID. So, that's that.

Well, in fairness its not proprietary in the true sense that they own rights to that design. Its an aviation style connector and are available from many sources but are; 1) NOT used by anyone else in the world on a PID controller and; 2) are overkill for the current capacity needed for these pins.

Edwyn came on the 'other' board today and stated that he was going to order some handful of his coils with XLR (and I assume with D-nail pin out assignments as in addition to his connector being unique, he uses a different pin-out).

But he also said that the reason they selected this connector is that they had heard 'rumors' of fires caused by PID/coils and that the culprit was suspected to be the connector. I have never heard such rumors....as anyone here?

JCAT has found some sort of source for these aviation connectors (sorry, I can't remember the nomenclature) but they come as a pair and I think he had a hard time finding females that would terminate a cable to use in an adapter (vice most all females are enclosure wall mounted type, I believe...I had the # at one time and googled around a bit and they were a bit hard to find in the right configuration).

It is what it is. If 710 coil comes out with a coil that fits the Vrod but will interface with my Auber or Omron driven PID, then I may well buy a Vrod.

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just not willing to convey any virtue to this decision...I still believe it resulted from outside pressure (but that's what companies are supposed to do...listen to customers, right?). All good, my friend.

But don't get too dang excited....Edwyn said, I believe, that he was ordering 10 of them while reupping his coil supply. He also said that he had no intention of changing the connector on his PID. So, that's that.
I can also say that I've never heard of any cases of d-nail XLR style enail coils catching fire. The safety related concerns that NV cited originally never washed with me either, and many would regard me as somebody who very much errs on the side of caution when it comes to vape safety.

I agree with your point that companies should be listening to and meeting the needs of consumers. It's funny man, maybe we're showing our age in thinking that, but it seems that too many vape vendors missed that memo.

I've also never ceased to be amazed at the sub-par business practices in the vape industry. It has gotten to the stage that I want to sing a vendors' praises just for having the products that they retail in stock and sending them to the customer in a timely fashion without QC issues. The amount of times I couldn't even get that experience out of vaporizer purchase are more numerous than I care to think about. I guess that makes me all the more excited about these small victories lol

By the way, thanks for the clarification of the comments from Edwyn/NV my friend. I sure as hell hope that he'll keep ongoing stock of the d-nail compatible coils!

I've also never ceased to be amazed at the sub-par business practices in the vape industry. It has gotten to the stage that I want to sing a vendors' praises just for having the products that they retail in stock and sending them to the customer in a timely fashion without QC issues. The amount of times I couldn't even get that experience out of vaporizer purchase are more numerous than I care to think about.

Oh yeah...and, for example, that circus is still going on with CCA710 and the Liger.

I sure as hell hope that he'll keep ongoing stock of the d-nail compatible coils!

I'm sure if they sell that he restock...well, perhaps unless he thinks they are savaging his PID sales. I don't have any info either way regarding what his future intentions may be, however.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back