Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Cannabis Hardware - Formerly New Vape

As long as I don't leave the water for days on end
I gave up on it when I opened the cabinet where my glass is, looked into my 18mm can bubbler, and yelled out "Eureka, I'm discovered penicillin!"
If you store any glass without drying properly first you will get growth, I swap out my water/cranny/citric acid every other day and this mix works better than just LJ and CA alone...by a lot, I used to rubbish spending US$10 on cranberry extract without trying it and thought I should stop rubbishing it until I tried it...I am now a convert!
1641615763396.png

If you store any glass without drying properly first you will get growth, I swap out my water/cranny/citric acid every other day and this mix works better than just LJ and CA alone...by a lot, I used to rubbish spending US$10 on cranberry extract without trying it and thought I should stop rubbishing it until I tried it...I am now a convert!

View attachment 32904
I wasn't rubbishing CE
Just have no need for it
My glass stays see through with LJ until I change the water
All goods and works well enough
I'd prefer just water all in all but am a fog free kinda guy

I also have been thinking of and laughing to myself about the pajama crew everytime I read or type B1 and B2
Wasn't sure if the non auslanders would get the joke though hahaa

If you store any glass without drying properly
Any bubbler or glass that I have ever used, gets thoroughly rinsed throughout with hot 91% Iso, and then with hot water and dish soap.
I then place the bubbler against my shop-vac until all drops of moisture have vanished.
I have never left water in any tool overnight.
All glass pieces that I have are spotless.
That being said, I do not like using water. I like vapor straight up, and prefer it without any filtration.
FP dry:

@felvapes, no underhanded jab intended in any way. I had some friends find humor in my using juice vs concentrate.

Difference between the B1 vs B2. The most noticeable diff is the B1 is most definitely the more free flowing of the two.

If you like ripping your hits the B1 might not be the choice. Found I could fairly easily overrun the heat output of the coil. But if a person dials back their draw they will receive the level of vapor the Flower Pot is known for. Thought the B1 may have given a little better taste.

But ya biggest difference between them is simply airflow.
The B1 used with a 18 mm joint is the most free flowing vape set up I personally have used. Keep in mind there are still a few I haven't tried yet

Now to be clear, when I spoke earlier of there being a huge difference between them I was speaking of the B1 & B2 as compared to older versions

Last edited:
I've some feed back from some long term Flower pot users. This is @Vitolo & @felvapes .... some are lowering their temps 50 - 100 degrees & getting same performance with B1 & B2 as they did with older style.

Guys it is my belief that lower temps aren't just better for taste but have benefits for long term, above average users health.

Please give this some consideration & looking into ... Be a good thing to have u both round as long as possible.

EDIT: What I was getting at is ... buying vapes isn't always or shouldn't always be about performance ... Personally I like the lowest temps possible that give taste & a good volume of vapor. Of course what this is will be different among most.

As Im getting better acquainted with the B2 I'm finding that it can be dialed back

I run a little warmer than my close vaping friends. I like quick compact hits sometimes. Anywhoo as I become more familiar I'm finding the B2 can be dialed back. Using a carb cap with flower some claim allows for even lower temps. Tried this didnt see any benefit. Also others are claiming of doing dabs at 400 degrees ???

I will need to see this. Any one with a known YouTube etc. clip ?

Last edited:
lower temps arent just better for tatse but have benefits for long term, above average users health
Agreed, without reservation.
Today is a good few years after I began FlowerPot vaping.. and my views on temperatures have "matured".

I purchased my Flowerpot while having a Vapexhale EVO.

My thought was I would get rid of the one I liked least.
Being that I was operating subconsciously, with the thought that I or no one else really needs two Gorrilla level, desktop vapes.

Well I cannot bring myself to part with either of them. They both do different things well.

The level of vapor the B2 puts out is nothing less than incredible. Especially for someone like myself that hasn't tried but a few of the heavier desk tops.

Now the Vapexhale doesnt produce the same level of vapor. It can get close when all is just right

But taste is just fantastic, having good effect with the Vapexhale.
While understanding the cleaning issue ... the best tasting dabs I've had went through my EVO.

Draw resistance is very different between the two. With the Vapexhale almost feelling plugged up when compared to the completely open, near zero resistance of the B2

I find the Vapexhale to be a compliment to my Flower Pot. I have no issue keeping & using both.

@Vitolo, I just noticed thevids you posted using dry glass. The size of the pieces you use in these vids is exactly what I gravitate toward. My biggest piece at present is a 15" x 60 mm straight tube by MIO Glass. It comes out when I have a strain that makes myself or others cough a lot. I've used my MIO Monster glass with a Dynavap at times to change things up a bit.

@Vitolo, I just noticed thevids you posted using dry glass. The size of the pieces you use in these vids is exactly what I gravitate toward. My biggest piece at present is a 15" x 60 mm straight tube by MIO Glass. It comes out when I have a strain that makes myself or others cough a lot. I've used my MIO Monster glass with a Dynavap at times to change things up a bit.
Agreed. I am a smaller Bubbler/straight tube kind of guy, if I use water at all. Simpler is better!

Like I've alluded to prior ... when its me & a new vape ... talking about it & using it here, you most likely will witness me make some mistakes or say something that may not be quite right. Over a 1/2 century now I've learned & retained most of what I know & do through my failures.

The successes I have experienced in my life which have been many have been because I rode forward with the knowledge that can only come through my failures.

Failure is bitter sweet for those with wisdom to understand.

.... & The Sativa Has Arrived :aaaaa: :clap::clap: :aaaaa:

AnyWhooo, Ya, I cant be the first to notice this it does go back to " If I did this again " I'd do it different.

I started to take notice of throat irritation from doing dabs using the Flower Pot. Again Im not a regular heavy dabber but I started to look at the Flower Pot & thats when I noticed the vapor from a dabb is pulled back through the coil area or reheated with every draw.

Now for someone like myself who vapes 90% herb its fine. Been doing a bit more trates recently. It is still the best dual use rig I & many others have used & it saves space vs having 2 separate set ups. Ill try & post some pics later to help show others what I'm talking about.

Also any vapor from a dab is pulled through the shovel head & Ti screen for herb... Shovelhead is the Titanium bowl for herb. The shovel head also holds your different adapters for glass joints. This may not be the best vapor path for flavor chasers doing dabs.

In my mind one of the Coolest things the Flower Pot has going for it & makes it a bit superior to some other desktops, is it will work with any glass of any dimension joint. Much better in some cases for me, than a desk top needing its own unique glass & it breaks at 2:30 AM on the river with zero chance of quick replacement.

Personally I think the B1 with a separate coil rig would be the way to go for the ultimate set up.

Last edited:

Troy shares the thought that the B2 is harder hitting
He suggests that even if just for weed that the B2 would be the one to get
The more restricted airpath seems to improve the function in his opinion

Killer looking hits - he compares them to having dabs with only dry herb

He's very stoned at the end lol

He obviously likes conduction-biased vapes...and also likes restrictive bongs as he has more than one 12" straight fab with FOL perc.
I also think the SiC balls would be easier to maintain than the rubies and sucking all the dab vapor with the double-decker through all the balls would gunk them up pretty quickly.
The B1 looks nice though.

He obviously likes conduction-biased vapes...and also likes restrictive bongs as he has more than one 12" straight fab with FOL perc.
I also think the SiC balls would be easier to maintain than the rubies and sucking all the dab vapor with the double-decker through all the balls would gunk them up pretty quickly.
The B1 looks nice though.
I only look at these type vapes for weed not dabs so the ruby wouldn't get vapour on them from rosin

And he was saying that even for just weed the B2 might be the better option for hard hitting

I think once you are taking/getting such huge extractions at once we may need more diffusion in the bong
They both are meant to taste good too

They both are meant to be beasts
I just thought this review and @Riverrat saying the heater was less likely to be over run together gave some insight into the differences between them

Troy shares the thought that the B2 is harder hitting
He suggests that even if just for weed that the B2 would be the one to get

Killer looking hits - he compares them to having dabs with only dry herb

He's very stoned at the end lol

Cool....now, I have met Troy socially and we have PM'd a bit some time back. I'm not a Troy hater.

BUT, all these guys (well, pretty much except for Bud and he's out of the biz) hard sell minor upgrades.

I have the OG FP heater head. Its is a giant frakin heat sink of a heater head. If the air is not hot enough for you, up the temp on your controller.

Now, if I didn't have an OG FP, then I would have zero objections to getting one of his new heater heads (he being Edwyn with whom I have also conversed socially and who I think is a good guy). But I don't see these new heads as being a significant upgrade with the exception that it allows Edwyn to make heater heads with less Ti, I believe.

Cheers and thanks for posting this vid.

By using 3 mm balls restriction & the abillity to hold heat increases.

As Baron says, makers of vapes will most always overstate the performance of upgrades & changes.

I have used the old style. I like the Baller heads best. However I could understand someone liking the old model best. I dont believe many would.

I have come to like the open draw & vary my inhale to help it work.
On my days off I'll change things up with Ballerheads.

If I were to give the B1 & B2 poor marks it would be taste. It's far from terrible & at the same time not come close to my best tasting vape.

Both styles are fully capable of making most first timers cry uncle with there capacity to give dab like hits with herb.

Last edited:
Cool....now, I have met Troy socially and we have PM'd a bit some time back. I'm not a Troy hater.

BUT, all these guys (well, pretty much except for Bud and he's out of the biz) hard sell minor upgrades.

I have the OG FP heater head. Its is a giant frakin heat sink of a heater head. If the air is not hot enough for you, up the temp on your controller.

Now, if I didn't have an OG FP, then I would have zero objections to getting one of his new heater heads (he being Edwyn with whom I have also conversed socially and who I think is a good guy). But I don't see these new heads as being a significant upgrade with the exception that it allows Edwyn to make heater heads with less Ti, I believe.

Cheers and thanks for posting this vid.
I agree for the most part
Except Bud was not free of controversy
In fact he became in the long run one of my least watched "critics"

Esp after the ghost debacle - that's not impartial reviewing

I am not blind to the fact Troy et al are in a business
But I do think mostly he gives decent ideas of how a vape works and hits
He is not the only one that says these baller vapes are better and hit harder

Like the hopper - og will get you smashed - the IO is like flying first class though (both have other issues with reliability)

Numerous other vapes have been taking advantage of and ppl modding with balls, so I tend to think there is some truth in the power they hold

My main point from the video was that the B2 hits a little harder than the B1 or has the better draw and function according to Troy and it aligned somewhat with what @Riverrat was saying in this regard

Except Bud was not free of controversy
No, he was not.

Esp after the ghost debacle - that's not impartial reviewing
True dat'

As far as balls in a heater (and yeah, I try really very hard to keep my balls away from the heaters! haha), its just more mass for heat sink and especially more area for the air to pick up heat from.

As I said, use more mass (as in humungo FP OG chunk of Ti heater head) or up the temp or both and you can achieve the same thermal transfer.

Now, don't get me wrong...looks like a perfectly fine product and if I didn't have a FP, again.........I would be fine buying one of the new versions.

As for Troy...yeah, Bud pumped some stuff at the end...in particular, the Ghost. And yeah, we all know that these guys do this for a living. But I have seen Troy pump the heck out of some POS...and shit on some stuff for what I thought were silly reasons....hey, everybody's a critic and I certainly fall into that camp.

Cheers

No, he was not.

True dat'

As far as balls in a heater (and yeah, I try really very hard to keep my balls away from the heaters! haha), its just more mass for heat sink and especially more area for the air to pick up heat from.

As I said, use more mass (as in humungo FP OG chunk of Ti heater head) or up the temp or both and you can achieve the same thermal transfer.

Now, don't get me wrong...looks like a perfectly fine product and if I didn't have a FP, again.........I would be fine buying one of the new versions.

As for Troy...yeah, Bud pumped some stuff at the end...in particular, the Ghost. And yeah, we all know that these guys do this for a living. But I have seen Troy pump the heck out of some POS...and shit on some stuff for what I thought were silly reasons....hey, everybody's a critic and I certainly fall into that camp.

Cheers
Agreed with most of this on all points

The ball thing seems to be a mod ppl do to many vapes though , from SSV to others

I get your point about more Ti could do similar
I think the balls thing is that it is more surface area for air to cover going over multiple balls
The balls are a part of the airpath and I think this is what makes the difference to just more metal or higher temps
You have to have a hole for the air regardless - without balls the air is relying on the outer walls to heat it as it passed through - with balls the air runs directly over all those heated bits without running over a coil or the likes
So without balls the air in the very middle of the hole/path is likely to be cooler than the outer
The balls should ensure that all the air is heated more evenly before it comes out the other end

I'm sure there are a few ways to create this but can see how/why ppl are modding vapes, and now making/selling vapes that use balls in the airpath

Improved ways of creating the same outcome
Like cars and tech or making parts lighter/stronger to improve function

But I don't see these new heads as being a significant upgrade with the exception that it allows Edwyn to make heater heads with less Ti, I believe.
A bit more going into the recycle bin, I'm expect the starting billet is the same size.

The superior thermal conductivity of ruby or SIC insures getting the same amount of energy transfer in the same time period is going to favor the ballers for size, weight and energy efficiency. I think that is desirable. Additionally the higher turbulent flow in the baller vs the more laminar flow in the titanium cores should aid in heat transfer.

But yeah, does it need to be better. I dunno, I'm delighted with the Weedeater. :aaaaa:

But yeah, does it need to be better. I dunno, I'm delighted with the Weedeater. :aaaaa:

That's a good question. For what it's worth ... I've easily had at least 50 people, heavy smokers, claim they have never felt this level of effects ...

In other words " Aint never Been this high "
I've a tablet with quotes of what some have said after their 1st experience with the B1 or B2 & original Flowerpot

" A once in a lifetime experience "

" Your right ! I can feel my face. melting off "

There's more but I'm not comfortable posting some the other stuff.

I really can't see any one being disappointed with the originals.

The B1 & B2 give better taste. However I don't know of any one claiming taste is why they buy this setup. It's alright just not stellar.

There is absolutely no way my B1 or B2 will be my daily driver. Won't say never. But for now no way. Be pulled out on a day off or something
comparable.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back