Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Plenty by Storz and Bickel

Funny you should say that, I just found the security torx bit screwdriver I purchased for the job...one of those getting around to jobs that I know will end up wrecking me.
The OG hacker has not reported any ill effects so there is that.
T10
I have a set of torx drivers I got to change the iac valve on my chinarado (same one as for a Holden comformadore)
I think they are the same as that, I'll check at some point
I saw the original poster had not reported back of bad
Just always been my concern with S&B stuff anyway and that their medically certified devices don't go as high as the others they sell

Still, I'm considering this for my plenty
I was thinking about selling some not used vapes but now my tinkering side is interested in this idea
Could make it smash on the bong

I think they are the same as that
I thought I had it in one of my 'precision bit sets' but the driver I linked has a hole at the end of the screwdriver head for the pin in the S&B socket head as well as the weird shape...but you might be luckier than I was finding one, mine took well over a month to arrive.

Funny you should say that, I just found the security torx bit screwdriver I purchased for the job...one of those getting around to jobs that I know will end up wrecking me.
The OG hacker has not reported any ill effects so there is that.
T10
Da PLENTY taste very decent avec CANNABIS.
If your CANNABIS SUPPLY is plenty no worries?
Da TOP part of da tree is my preference!
MEXICO surf trip’s got our rat pack crazy 4 COLAS.
B-4 brick weed 2-lower transport cost over da USA crossing!

The PLENTY is like a wine decanter?

Okay, so I did some tinkering
I checked the torx screw set I had from super expensive auto and all good
After undoing all the screws you have to remove the two stickers
The one on the top near the chamber lock came off in one piece easy enough
The front one above the clock didn't come off in one
The clear bubble bit came off but the sticker under it stayed on and was not going to come up easily without ruining it and never getting it back on
So I ran a Stanley knife down the middle where the case splits - once the bubble went back on you can't really see the split

I forgot to take pics along the way but essentially I removed the same tab as the OG poster
Once opened I was stuck for a while
I have absolutely no idea how the other guy did it as in his pics and description
I did however manage to achieve the mod and maybe in a neater/less risky way than him in the end
I could not for the life of me get the push pull power plugs to come off the prongs in order to remove the deadman trigger and gain access to the Bic lighter type parts (same trick as we used to do essentially)
I didn't want to keep pulling and prying at them with dab tools trying to lever off and possibly do more damage
I had access with dab tools and small screw drivers to the metal tab through the orange trigger and wires - I tried to lever and pry that off as the original post says - it is stuck so solid I have no idea how he removed his and am surprised he did not mention this in the post
The removal of power plugs and then removal of the metal part we need to cut is such a difficult task that risks breaking your plenty in the process - I have no idea how this was achieved and would not recommend ppl attempt it unless there is a trick that should have been passed on with the OG instructions

After looking and trying for a good while and a few vapes later I managed to pull the whole heater unit from the other half of the case
Being careful not to pull on the many wires while they are all attached, I was able to twist and turn the heater around and hold it in a position where I could just manage to get my pincers in and cut the tab off while it was still all together and a part of the unit
Then with my diamond files I filed down the tiny burs left behind that still prevented the dial from turning
Much easier and safer method without risk of breaks/damage and no disassembly required (besides opening the unit)

The dial now turns
Job done
Put it all back together and trial time :)

This mod really makes the plenty shine
It always left a little to be desired in vapour production for me and seemed to rely on lots of material rather than full extraction to produce thick clouds
Also took too long to finish on a bong

Now after the initial warm up draw to heat the weed and chamber, it produces vapour straight away
On a bong it can produce nice clouds now that are satisfying
The bowl can be finished in much less time and you can use small loads successfully and still get clouds and a good hit
The hit is really good now too
Makes the plenty a more versatile beast

I wish I had known of this a long time ago
I would have been using the plenty a lot more
The hits are brilliant
You gain about 2&1/2 temp settings doing this - you now have 8 and 9 and about 9&1/2

I have recently been only using my newest ball vape and it wins over most
If I didn't have it the plenty with mods would be back in rotation straight away
One thing I noticed on re using the plenty was the taste - we all thought it was a flavour beast, but now I don't think it is as good as originally thought in that department
Now I have a few proper strains to compare and a few vapes I was able to notice some things
First bowl the plenty was the familiar flavour of the plenty
Then on two other different strains I noticed the same taste
The plenty, just like the mighty has its own flavour regardless of the weed used and regardless of temperature
I believe that these S&B products may have to much plastic as we all know and that actually gives them a unique flavour - which I don't particularly like now I have enough other vapes and strains to compare
All vapes have their own profile but the might and plenty have a unique flavour
The plenty tastes nice - but it's tainted I'm now aware by the vape - same as the mighty

My ball vape is pretty neutral and you can taste the weed itself rather than the vape
Similar to a VC
You taste the weed strains and difference more than the vape

Anyway, this is a worthy mod and the plenty now rips hard on a bong and hits heavy
It is a bit more cougherous than my ball vape - plenty always had a cougherous nature, but more noticeable now the ball vape is so smooth
The other difference is that the plenty takes a few extra draws to complete and still has the learning curve of slow long draws - you can finish a bowl a lot quicker then prior tho
The ball vape is hit it how you like and get the job done in one to two draws and over
Now with both you can get big clouds and big hits from either a small dv size load or big loads of a gram + (again the difference is tainted flavour by the vape and the 1-2 draws vs a few draws to finish)
Full extraction with the plenty is now possible
It would most likely work much better with feco and rosin now on the SS pads with the extra heat

If I wasn't balling now (lol) I'd be plentying on the bong
I will do an update on my ball vape at some point I was just ignoring the thread at first

Pics here you can see my temp now goes between full (end of red/220°) and probs about 240° max
It used to go between 200 and 220 max (I have the 2nd gen plenty that goes a bit higher temps)
The lighter AVB is at about a bit more than the new setting 8
The darker ABV pic is at full temp so new setting 9 and a half

Great mod
Give it a go
Have fun
Happy tinkering and vaping
This thing hits hard and smacks you in the head now on full temp on a bong

IMG20220501025042.jpg
IMG20220501025212.jpg
IMG20220501030614.jpg

Last edited:
I just sold my classic volcano, was a trooper that never missed a beat, cats ended up holing the bags far to bloody often :rofl: , and the partner wasn’t to fond of me blasting it during a film etc:lol:, anyways I love the look of the plenty and its always peaked my interest, love the analog temp gauge, are they worth buying in 2022 ?. It will be my only electric device. And are they as reliable as the old volcanos are ?.

Last edited:
I just sold my classic volcano, was a trooper that never missed a beat, cats ended up holing the bags far to bloody often :rofl: , and the partner wasn’t to fond of me blasting it during a film etc:lol:, anyways I love the look of the plenty and its always peaked my interest, love the analog temp gauge, are they worth buying in 2022 ?. It will be my only electric device. And are they as reliable as the old volcanos are ?.
Honestly it is a beast
But too much plastic as with all S&B
The QC of the company has diminished since being bought out
I as mentioned can tell it's unique taste just like the mighty has (probably plastic or aluminium or both combined)

I have better vapes now
I would recommend a ball vape over this now for a corded unit

Having said that it is a beast, and with the mods above it can shine and hit with the best if them

It was my first serious contender as a vape and was what converted me fully from combustion

Has been unused for a good while though until I brought it out to try the mod above
As for reliable it's still going as strong today as when I first got it - better actually with the mod

Maybe it's cause I'm just waking up and haven't had coffee yet... cause I'm feeling a bit dense.

What is a 'ball vape?' :lol:
Without naming any brands as there are a number of seemingly viable options out there now - when I say ball vape I am referring to any of these injector type vapes that use terp pearls in the airpath and are run by a barrel coil and PID

Ahhhh..... got you. :wink: You had me pretty stumped there LOL.
Hahaa
I call them ball vapes coz the first ones I saw were the CH B1 and B2
I assumed the b stood for ball and heard some call them ball vapes
That's all I thought of besides banana's in pyjamas when ever I saw someone type B1 and B2
images-34.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly it is a beast
But too much plastic as with all S&B
The QC of the company has diminished since being bought out
I as mentioned can tell it's unique taste just like the mighty has (probably plastic or aluminium or both combined)

I have better vapes now
I would recommend a ball vape over this now for a corded unit

Having said that it is a beast, and with the mods above it can shine and hit with the best if them

It was my first serious contender as a vape and was what converted me fully from combustion

Has been unused for a good while though until I brought it out to try the mod above
As for reliable it's still going as strong today as when I first got it - better actually with the mod
Thanks for all the info, any known issues with these or anything?, volcano over the years only ever had to have the air switch replaced once, and the plenty isn’t too expensive either. EDIT- @felvapes i Can get one for £169.09 right now delivered from vapefiend their doing a deal.

Last edited:
Is £169.09 delivered a good deal on these, and are they worth getting ?, asking as i don’t know how long this deal will be on. Calling all plenty owners :lol:
Not sure on the price as it goes on sale a bit. As long as you feed it plenty the Plenty is great...@felvapes hack for more temp makes it even more versatile (I have not hacked mine...yet)

What’s it like un hacked (performance wise), straight out the box ?
Unhacked it works well
But as I mentioned leaves more to be desired
If you want to not use heaps of weed the hack is needed imo

It's a beast - and you seem to be the guy that gets his head into something and that's all you want to hear
So I'll say the plenty is a great vape that first converted me
But didn't get used as much after I had other vapes

And in this day and age I would definitely recommend a ball/injector vape over the plenty

If you are stuck on a plenty - it is a great vape and with the hack it's a hard hitting beast

I was considering selling mine
Until the hack
Now I'm going to keep it - although it still sits unused as my injector wins hands down

The plenty is also full of plastic and scratched off aluminium as are all S&B products

If I was you I would also look to use the internet to purchase

We often get things cheaper than the local store and warranties can sometimes be better (not always, some stores are good)

We in ausland buy shit from OS all the time as we don't have lots here either
We have a few online local shops but I rarely use them and go to other online stores for the discount or go directly to the factory stores

Don't limit yourself to just your local seller and your vaping experience will be better for it

@LesPlenty and myself are auslanders and we get fug all here
It can actually be harder to get post from USA sometimes as they over charge

Unhacked it works well
But as I mentioned leaves more to be desired
If you want to not use heaps of weed the hack is needed imo

It's a beast - and you seem to be the guy that gets his head into something and that's all you want to hear
So I'll say the plenty is a great vape that first converted me
But didn't get used as much after I had other vapes

And in this day and age I would definitely recommend a ball/injector vape over the plenty

If you are stuck on a plenty - it is a great vape and with the hack it's a hard hitting beast

I was considering selling mine
Until the hack
Now I'm going to keep it - although it still sits unused as my injector wins hands down

The plenty is also full of plastic and scratched off aluminium as are all S&B products

If I was you I would also look to use the internet to purchase

We often get things cheaper than the local store and warranties can sometimes be better (not always, some stores are good)

We in ausland buy shit from OS all the time as we don't have lots here either
We have a few online local shops but I rarely use them and go to other online stores for the discount or go directly to the factory stores

Don't limit yourself to just your local seller and your vaping experience will be better for it

@LesPlenty and myself are auslanders and we get fug all here
It can actually be harder to get post from USA sometimes as they over charge
Not stuck on the idea at all (just saw that it’s on a great offer, and looks cool imo), I’ve owned from the company before so I know them, and recently caught my attention at a great discount. And I live in the middle is nowhere so no local shops or the likes.

Last edited:
Not stuck on the idea at all (just saw that it’s on a great offer, and looks cool imo), I’ve owned from the company before so I know them, and recently caught my attention at a great discount. And I live in the middle is nowhere so no local shops or the likes.
When I say local store I mean local online store

I assumed vapefiend was yours as you mention them all the time as the only place you buy

We are in ausland and also have no store fronts
We have a few local online

Although- as I mentioned - Les and I will often buy from OS online stores as it's cheaper and better warranty

If you are already buying online - the interwebs is a huge place and there is more than the one store you already use

The plenty is a beast and reliable
Uses lots of weed - unhacked anyway
Has plastic and aluminium
With a hack hits as hard as the best of them

I rate it highly, but no longer use it as it's been beaten by better taste, quicker extraction, cleaner airpath, harder hits (unmodded) and less coughing

You won't be disappointed with a plenty, but could do better in this day and age

Last edited:
The Plenty works well when reclined in a lounge chair watching a movie and no problems if you pass out with it going...the Plenty can cause brain fart.:smug:

The Plenty works well when reclined in a lounge chair watching a movie and no problems if you pass out with it going...the Plenty can cause brain fart.:smug:
Just don't do the cable tie Deadman switch mod lol
Mine kept reheating before the latest tab removal mod as it pissed me cooling down unoticed - but this meant falling asleep it stayed hot

With the latest mods you finish a bowl so quick I don't need the Deadman mod

@felvapes Aye Vapefiend’s my go to, I think most in the uk use them, one of the only shop that dont charge deliver when u spend over £12 or something. EDIT-Just purchased a plenty (great deal), not going to lie I’ve always like the look of this thing so couldn’t help myself, and if it doesn’t hit me hard enough @felvapes hack will do wonder I’m sure(if I’m willing to :lol:) , but on my volcano classic I never went beyond 7.5 with that thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back