Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Plenty by Storz and Bickel

Vitolo

Vaporist
Opposite of many units, you let this one heat up to temperature, and vape once the heater auto-clicks off. The heater has a unique way of retaining that heat, so you vape as the temperature slowly lessens, and click it on again when it starts to feel low.
The unit can uses a small capsule to microdose, but I like to use the Plenty as was intended.
It works best filled to the brim (generally a gram or more) and the sessions can go on forever!. Perhaps more folks that are Plenty fans will chime in.

I like to use the Plenty as was intended.
The only way it gets better is through water, pull out that s/s coil and jam in a 14mm male GonG adapter and away you go.
I also filled above the chamber until I get to the bottom of the glass WPA, it comfortably holds 1.22grams that way and the session lasted me about 2 hours of solid hitting.:tongue:

Here is one way I like to use my Plenty,
Plenty on Sidecar.jpg

The 14mm Male to 18mm Mae GonG works great, can be a `whitey' maker, has caused me Ride The Snake more than once. :thumbsup:
Do all you OH&S guys/gals like my Rubber Band hack? If you don`t, keep it to yourself:smilie-devil:(Just kiddin, berate me all you like:razz:)
Edit: The gas heater I am using has stickers all over it saying `Outdoor Use Only' if you want to tell me how unsafe that is too.

View attachment 4378
The 14mm Male to 18mm Mae GonG works great, can be a `whitey' maker, has caused me Ride The Snake more than once. :thumbsup:
Do all you OH&S guys/gals like my Rubber Band hack? If you don`t, keep it to yourself:smilie-devil:(Just kiddin, berate me all you like:razz:)
Edit: The gas heater I am using has stickers all over it saying `Outdoor Use Only' if you want to tell me how unsafe that is too.
The heater looks like a 'bang-up' job to me man - especially with what looks like a gas canister behind it! :dog:

With that said, the rubber band seem necessary to manage holding the plenty over your rig and use it at the same time :peace:

I have to say, the Plenty has always been an under-rated vape. The biggest problem IMO initially was the bowl size, which is colossal! Your claims about 'riding the snake' bear repeating! Pack that bowl full and that is a hell of a lot of cannabis resin being volatilized into your body at once :weed:

Did you ever try the new S&B loading capsules in the Plenty man? I heard that they made an adapter to put those into the plenty, which makes the Plenty a very, very appealing vape IMO! Cost efficient, delicious and voluminous clouds by all accounts and with the dosing capsules, efficient on the bud too! :weed::biggrin:

Last edited:
I have the reducing chamber and a revolver cylinder that holds 8 dosing caps. I have used them a few times but I feel like I should just use another vape instead of putting the handbrake on the Plenty, it really does shine `au naturale' and will put just about anyone in their place!
So, the way I see it......dosing caps are for pussies, If you can`t handle the big boys toys, get a Mighty!

So, the way I see it......dosing caps are for pussies, If you can`t handle the big boys toys, get a Mighty!

Not quite. Dosing caps are very good at what they do. Different vape but I went out to dinner with some boys & after dinner we had a few capsules in the car park. Easy for me to load, transport & I can bring as many as I like. The Plenty is always one vape that intrigued me as it seems like it can be tuned to be a very heavy hitter if a weed hog.

a very heavy hitter if a weed hog.
The 1 gram load lasts for quite a while, not really a hog. Dosing caps have their place as you described, a Plenty is no portable so I do not think it should be restricted by capsules like one. I still need the use of my legs when out and about so a Mighty with caps would be good for that. But as far as getting as bent as 10 men, or 10 men bent, the Plenty works best when used as it was originally designed, if I want to micro dose I would use one of my other vapes!

The 1 gram load lasts for quite a while, not really a hog. Dosing caps have their place as you described, a Plenty is no portable so I do not think it should be restricted by capsules like one. I still need the use of my legs when out and about so a Mighty with caps would be good for that. But as far as getting as bent as 10 men, or 10 men bent, the Plenty works best when used as it was originally designed, if I want to micro dose I would use one of my other vapes!
One purpose where the capsules would be indispensable for the plenty IMO would be for concentrate use. The large concentrate pads originally made to fit the full plenty chamber size required an obscene amount of resin to sufficiently cover the stainless mesh with a layer for efficient and even vaporization, which really limited the usefulness of this vape for concentrates :peace:

With that said, for flowers, I can see how there could be a place for using it with capsules and without. It would be nice sometimes to grind up and load an evening's worth of flower into one chamber and then keep on hitting that same load rather than needing to reload over and over with capsules. Same goes for the '10 men' scenario that Lesplenty described above, it could be useful not to have to reload every time somebody else wanted to vape :biggrin:

I never bothered trying the Plenty with concentrate(I only have reclaim) as I do not think it gets hot enough, I thought it would just make a mess!

I never bothered trying the Plenty with concentrate(I only have reclaim) as I do not think it gets hot enough, I thought it would just make a mess!
I really enjoy the Mighty + Concentrate capsules for concentrate use, but I must admit load size has to be kept within reasonable limits or oil concentrates will make a mess as you suggest. The best concentrates for use with the concentrate capsules are half melt or better (2-4 star) hashes IME, that small proportion of non-melting residue leftover with these concentrates that don't quite fully melt seems to prevent messy results :biggrin:

The extra 20 degrees C (I think that's right?) that the mighty has would be nice in the Plenty, I heard somewhere the very latest model Plenty goes to 220C, mine says 202C but that was purchased last year.:thumbsup:

The extra 20 degrees C (I think that's right?) that the mighty has would be nice in the Plenty, I heard somewhere the very latest model Plenty goes to 220C, mine says 202C but that was purchased last year.:thumbsup:
My Plenty must be of the newer kind...
It goes to 230 I think...
The final number where the green ends and red starts is 200
Then I get the extra 20-30 degrees
I have been too lazy to pull the box off the top of the cupboard to read the destructions to check...lol

Yup
I dont micro with the Plenty
I do do small loads with the liquid pad or reducer
But no capsules....
Plenty is to get me set adrift.....I use vc or HR for smaller hits

View attachment 4378
I like the rubberband, I have a similar setup with a cabletie instead
I bet the gas heater is getting its use in these weird arse weather we been having this side of the world ay...

Last edited by a moderator:
No back to back quotes for you, straight to the triple:thumbsup:
The final number where the green ends and red starts is 200
Mine says the same on the dial but on max setting 7 it only ever gets to just over 200 on the dial(S&B said it was set at 202) then it auto shuts off.

No back to back quotes for you, straight to the triple:thumbsup:

Mine says the same on the dial but on max setting 7 it only ever gets to just over 200 on the dial(S&B said it was set at 202) then it auto shuts off.
Ah okay
Mine the needle gets all the way to the end of scale in the red on max 7
So maybe there is the difference...
I dont know...I hope I have the hotter version...lol
Mine came from Aus Vapes in maybe late March this year

20180824_225142.jpg

My cabletie mod on the trigger....
Sorry OH&Sers

That asthma puffer rarely gets any use these days since the full conversion to vape life....

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post a picture tomorrow of tonight`s full load at max temp and you can tell me if the ABV is the same as what you get, or not.:thumbsup:

I will post a picture tomorrow of tonight`s full load at max temp and you can tell me if the ABV is the same as what you get, or not.:thumbsup:
My abv can change depending on if I use the trick of putting orange bit on first or not too
Or if I use pollen or hash in sandwich the sesh goes longer so colour is darker

But yes I would be keen to see :)

I have also used the liquid pad for rso....
works fine.....

Your glass is looking okay too mate, that aussie LJ must be working okay hey....mine is needing a clean after much punishment, but still quite clean considering......I don't think I will pay for CJ....I mean CE ....lol

Lets not start that one here now...

Last edited:
Last nights ABV, fairly crappy low on the plant bud, started at 6 with an Arizer bent stem, finished on 7 through water, just over an hours worth of sipping and then slurping without stirring.:thumbsup:
IMG_20180825_132327.jpg

Last nights ABV, fairly crappy low on the plant bud, started at 6 with an Arizer bent stem, finished on 7 through water, just over an hours worth of sipping and then slurping without stirring.:thumbsup:
View attachment 4580
Yup, pretty similar
I can get a bit lighter golden at times and also a bit darker at times too
Def darker if I put the orange piece on first

But I have def had almost identical looking avb from the plenty

I always screw the orange on first too, sort of, I screw both down, back of the black, tighten the orange a bit more then lock down the black. I was still getting a bit of vapor at the end, but not enough to bother with.

I always screw the orange on first too, sort of, I screw both down, back of the black, tighten the orange a bit more then lock down the black. I was still getting a bit of vapor at the end, but not enough to bother with.
sometimes I do the orange lock down other times I forget...lol
When I do lock it down first I think I get a bit darker avb than you have in this pic

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back