Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Plenty by Storz and Bickel

The SSV is on 24/7 here, and has been since 2010. First Vape in the a.m., and last vape before bed.
I clean the wand and whip daily.
See the process I use at https://vaporasylum.com/threads/the-silver-surfer-by-7th-floor-llc-the-ssv.536/
I still after 12 years am using the original wand, with the original screens in it.
I change the whip every few years.
The tubing you see in the image below is 5 years old.
I changed it this morning for a new one.
I still have about 25 feet of this tubing, meaning I am set for a while, both for myself, and maintenance for
patients that I serve.
It has a neutral odor, and while stained from years of use, it is still 100% clean.
I replace this tubing when it begins to allow insertion into the wand too easily.
That means that time and heat have shrunk the material a little... making the wand end a little more stiff.... less flexible

Photo on 2-21-21 at 9.47 AM 2.jpg

mr. felvapes,
i saw your upside-down plenty pics, there can not be an easier or cleaner set-up.

question one...heat rising in the upside-down configuration...is it a cause for concern that the unit may get hotter than designed?

question two...any issues with the weight of the plenty in that position causing glass breakage? i would want to get a heavier bubbler to keep everything stable & where it needs to stay.

question three...with the rubber band on the “dead man’s switch” - i assume you only keep the unit cycling while in use?

thanks!

i may just try that upside down method!

I do not use water or bubblers at all... but when I use the Plenty, I always hold it pointing upward and lean head down to hit it.
The same concept (and chamber style) as the Volcano.
Heat rises, and I have learned that I get more even roasting with the heater being below the load, as I inhale the hot air "up through" the meds.
This method also lets the load stay even cross inside the chamber...
...otherwise once the meds start toasting, they will be able to move around.... even in a well stuffed Plenty Chamber.

mr. felvapes,
i saw your upside-down plenty pics, there can not be an easier or cleaner set-up.

question one...heat rising in the upside-down configuration...is it a cause for concern that the unit may get hotter than designed?

question two...any issues with the weight of the plenty in that position causing glass breakage? i would want to get a heavier bubbler to keep everything stable & where it needs to stay.

question three...with the rubber band on the “dead man’s switch” - i assume you only keep the unit cycling while in use?

thanks!

I have a cable tie on the switch to keep it on
Saves mucking around or forgetting to hit it mid sesh
Just have to remember to turn off at the switch when done

I have had no problems with the weight on my bubblers and breakage at all
One of my bubblers didn't balance as well with the weight but all the rest just sit there no issues even the smaller ones

As for heat rising into the unit I can't say 100% if this is good for the unit over many years of use or not although I have not had any issues with my unit at all. I know @LesPlenty uses a similar set up to me and his unit is still pumping hard also

The heat rising vs drawing the heat down is not an issue at all
If anything it may help to stop your weed roasting in between draws
The weed always roasts evenly no matter how it is used in the plenty I have found - more so than most of my vapes
The material never slides around in the chamber at all if packed full enough, if a smaller load is used the concentrate pad placed on top of the load also prevents this or using the reduction chamber
I can move the plenty around in my hand at all angles if dry or flip it upside down to place on a bubbler
Maybe @Vitolo packs his plenty a little on the light side if material moving is an issue for him

I have the angle gog piece @LesPlenty showed also
It is good and functional and keeps the plenty on an angle if there are concerns about heat exchange to the unit
You have to hold the plenty in place though so I prefer the straight gog as it just sits on top the bubbler

I am not a big fan of the plenty dry
The J hook is quite nice flavour wise if used that way
But I almost exclusively use it on a bubbler.... Cooler vapour and bigger draws which allows for bigger clouds and hits
Iv never been a fan of tubes and hoses/whips on my vapes
Too long a path and they grab too much vapour on the way and tend to look yuck quickly

Hope this info helps mate
Happy plentying

Last edited:
...otherwise once the meds start toasting, they will be able to move around.... even in a well stuffed Plenty Chamber.
I agree with @felvapes with this as there is no way a load can shift if stuffed properly, here is a spent puck,View attachment 24671
Does not even need the oven to stay in shape!
I do not use the angled GonG as it does not balance well, I just show that as an option as I have heard of one malfunction that was blamed on sitting upside down for too long (I am not sure it would hurt the Plenty myself :twocents:).

Here is the used puck,
IMG_20200611_102036.jpg

Got some new digital scales that are better at weighing small amounts, looks like I have been packing more into my Plenty than I first thought,
1622699760067.jpg

That seems pretty heavy for a spent puck...next I will try to work out how to weigh an unused load as the scales top out at 50g (it came with a 50g calibration weight)

Edit, I just filled a lightish load with 2.4g freshly ground 62% average bud:razz2:

Last edited:
Got some new digital scales that are better at weighing small amounts, looks like I have been packing more into my Plenty than I first thought,
View attachment 27909
That seems pretty heavy for a spent puck...next I will try to work out how to weigh an unused load as the scales top out at 50g (it came with a 50g calibration weight)

Edit, I just filled a lightish load with 2.4g freshly ground 62% average bud:razz2:
If you grow a great way to evaluate the flavor/taste of one’s crop is a flavor chaser vaporizer.
Their R a couple of desktop unit’s that fit this bill.
The PLENTY is one 2 own if flavor is a factor?
If effect without flavor anything that fit’s one’s need’s I guess?

Getting back on track 2 da portable at large:
I look forward 2 using it 4-next harvest?
Like some of us lover’s of CANNABIS NUGGET’’S that receive’s the light from OUTDOOR NATURAL/INDOOR ARTIFICIAL souce’s?

The last puck started at 3.2g,
Now,
1624071505510.jpg

Getting fuller, but I will try 3.5g next.

It is an ABV puc pictured made from ground bud that was vaped on the high setting for 1.5 hours.
Starts out like this,
IMG_20190417_165604 (2).jpg

I now use a 24mm socket on the bowl so I can tamp a good load in there.

Last edited:
Ever wanted an extra few degrees on your Plenty,
PXL-20211002-221933158.jpg

Sounds like a pretty easy hack, similar to getting an old adjustable BIC lighter to work for a bit longer...just slip the adjuster wheel lock, turn up a bit and relock.
PXL.jpg

Thanks to dzoinp from FC for the idea, but like him, I would not do it while under warranty and do not try it if you are not sure...that is how peeps get electrocuted, a very small chance but some would probably try the adjustment without unplugging from the wall...there are some dumb asses around... :rofl:

Sounds like a pretty easy hack, similar to getting an old adjustable BIC lighter to work for a bit longer...just slip the adjuster wheel lock, turn up a bit and relock.
PXL.jpg

Thanks to dzoinp from FC for the idea, but like him, I would not do it while under warranty and do not try it if you are not sure...that is how peeps get electrocuted, a very small chance but some would probably try the adjustment without unplugging from the wall...there are some dumb asses around... :rofl:
If you like 2-f#ck with a stock PLENTY?
It decent as it come’s?

If you like 2-f#ck with a stock PLENTY?
Of course I do!...especially if I want higher temps for some fun bong blasts (it just does not get hot enough to bother with a bong standard, my standard anyway, j-hook, no stinky S/S cooling coil.
If do not want the higher temp when using a j-hook I will turn it down.
The function will be exactly the same but you will be able to go higher in temps when wanted...but like I said, only work on it if you have a bit of a clue.

Of course I do!...especially if I want higher temps for some fun bong blasts (it just does not get hot enough to bother with a bong standard, my standard anyway, j-hook, no stinky S/S cooling coil.
If do not want the higher temp when using a j-hook I will turn it down.
The function will be exactly the same but you will be able to go higher in temps when wanted...but like I said, only work on it if you have a bit of a clue.
U have a bunch of VAP machinery more than most!
The PLENTY is my go-2 during COLAS that I harvest 1st.

I have not been using my Plenty nearly as much since getting into dabbing...the most bent I could get was with a Plenty before then...I do still use it but only 2 or 3 times a week now...a bit more heat may change that again!

PXL.jpg

Why did I miss this?
I only just stumbled on it on a Google search for other stuff that lead to FC plenty thread

Did you ever mod your plenty @LesPlenty

Interesting
Except for any plastic concerns it would turn the plenty into the beast it almost was

I was considering selling mine
Now I am thinking of modding to make it bong hard lol

Did you ever mod your plenty
Funny you should say that, I just found the security torx bit screwdriver I purchased for the job...one of those getting around to jobs that I know will end up wrecking me.
The OG hacker has not reported any ill effects so there is that.
T10

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back