Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips The power of concentrates.

sballo

I have no experience at all with dabbing.
My layman's opinion on dabbing was that is as harmuful as smoking because I thought that for dabbing you need to ignite the trates and that those high temperatures cause combustion. But apparently I was wrong, based on @LesPlenty and @felvapes opinions

By the way, aren't all those kinds of available trates very powerful? The percentage of THC is very high, isn't it?
If so, apart from the fun high experience :partyhat:, how much would you still enjoy vaping herbs which contain 20% THC?

I have no experience at all with dabbing.
My layman's opinion on dabbing was that is as harmuful as smoking because I thought that for dabbing you need to ignite the trates and that those high temperatures cause combustion. But apparently I was wrong, based on @LesPlenty and @felvapes opinions

By the way, aren't all those kinds of available trates very powerful? The percentage of THC is very high, isn't it?
If so, apart from the fun high experience :partyhat:, how much would you still enjoy vaping herbs which contain 20% THC?
You do need higher temperatures than for flower to vape concentrates
But as long as you keep your temperatures low enough you are not combusting
You don't want temperatures high enough to combust, just vaporise the oils or hash
This is as safe and tasty as vaping flower

If you go too hot you are smoking and it is unhealthy as you mentioned

Trates are strong - but so is good quality hash
Dabbing is a more efficient way to use trates
You will get higher on less and taste the material
Good hash can be similar to rosin and anywhere from 60% - 80/90% THC depending on the kind and method used to make it
Rosin can be from around 70% - 80% thc usually
Feco is usually 90% - 100%
Kief and low quality dry sift hash is around the 40% - 60% mark
These are all estimates that vary per product and method etc

If you are used to hash you will be okay with rosin and oils
I still use 20% and 25% THC flower and enjoy them very much
Dabbing trates is just another way to enjoy your cannabis and is definitely a better way for you to use your hash

I love concentrates and I also love my flower still
They give a slightly different high

If you do decide to start the trates route your next line of research and questions will be which dabbing method and unit will be best for you
Another rabbit hole hahahaa
I'm sure a few of us here can give suggestions or information on what we like
There's lots to choose from

I do recommend finding at least a basic dab rig to make better use of your hash though

Last edited:
how much would you still enjoy vaping herbs which contain 20% THC?
I still enjoy herb that is around 20%(my usual is about that or a bit more) but use the same herb to make rosin.
a basic dab rig to make better use of your hash though
And we are not talking about dabbing Afgan/Moroccan Ass hash here, not this as it still has lots of plant material that would combust at the higher temps we are talking about,
1662562476012.png

We are talking about this type of stuff...little to no plant matter,
1662562336796.png

1662562535942.png

Forgot to hit the post tab on this one, better late than never. :rofl:

You don't want temperatures high enough to combust, just vaporise the oils or hash
This is as safe and tasty as vaping flower

If you go too hot you are smoking and it is unhealthy as you mentioned
I see. Is there any leftover when dabbing that shows us - like AVB in the case of vaping herbs - if we combusted?

Dabbing trates is just another way to enjoy your cannabis and is definitely a better way for you to use your hash

I am slowly growing curious about the dabbing.
If you do decide to start the trates route your next line of research and questions will be which dabbing method and unit will be best for you
Another rabbit hole hahahaa
I'm sure a few of us here can give suggestions or information on what we like
There's lots to choose from

I do recommend finding at least a basic dab rig to make better use of your hash though
In fact I need to find out more about dabbing and the most suitable device for it.
But I do not have any trates apart from a bit of Hash and I am still a bit concerned about the tolerance that can easily develop when vaping strong trates.

I still enjoy herb that is around 20%(my usual is about that or a bit more) but use the same herb to make rosin.

I see but I still believe that I could easily get used to the strong high of trates and then feel nothing when vaping flowers.

And we are not talking about dabbing Afgan/Moroccan Ass hash here, not this as it still has lots of plant material that would combust at the higher temps we are talking about,
View attachment 39842
We are talking about this type of stuff...little to no plant matter,
View attachment 39841
View attachment 39843
Wow :drooling:, they look soo tasty. I would love to try them all.
The Hash that I have is a silver haze block that I bought at a coffee shop in Amsterdam. I am not an expert about the quality of hash

I see. Is there any leftover when dabbing that shows us - like AVB in the case of vaping herbs - if we combusted?

I am slowly growing curious about the dabbing.

In fact I need to find out more about dabbing and the most suitable device for it.
But I do not have any trates apart from a bit of Hash and I am still a bit concerned about the tolerance that can easily develop when vaping strong trates.

I see but I still believe that I could easily get used to the strong high of trates and then feel nothing when vaping flowers.

Wow :drooling:, they look soo tasty. I would love to try them all.
The Hash that I have is a silver haze block that I bought at a coffee shop in Amsterdam. I am not an expert about the quality of hash
As I said - the quality of rig is another discussion but you can start basic and see how you go
People prefer different methods

If you are worried about your tolerance and don't trust our experience stick with flower
But I still vape flower daily
You don't have to take big fuck off dabs like the wasteful young ppl in YouTube videos
You can take small dabs and still enjoy the concentrates
The fact is your hash  is a concentrate - and if you read my post depending on where it's from it can be as strong as any other trate
So you already use concentrates and you will get a much better high and experience consuming your hash in a better way (also it will get you higher on smaller amounts)
The tolerance is not easily overun so flower doesn't work - that is the ppl who go overboard taking half gram dabs or more

Your hash from Amsterdam should be good quality being from where you said you bought it
I can't tell without seeing/knowing though

No - good quality trates will not leave avb (combustion leaves ash not avb btw)
Good quality trates should leave nothing behind on the dabbing surface except maybe a little left over oil to be wiped up
Low quality hash and kief often leave plant material behind as they are not pure trichomes

You know that you have not combusted dabbing by two things - the taste - dabs taste great, if burnt it tastes like shit and smoke
The second is temperature, unless using a torch most devices are temperature controlled and as long as you keep your temperatures within a certain range you will not be combusting

If using a torch you can learn how to check temps via your hand or an IR thermometer

As I said - the quality of rig is another discussion but you can start basic and see how you go
People prefer different methods
It makes sense to me.
As a beginner, I still need to find my feet in the world of trates which by the way I should also learn to produce by myself else I wouldn't even know where to buy them. :cool:

If you are worried about your tolerance and don't trust our experience stick with flower
But I still vape flower daily

I didn't say that I don't trust your experience but speaking of tolerance of course one can build up tolerance on THC also when only vaping herbs but I fear that no sooner I have bought a good dab rig and discovered the pleasure of the great efficiency, high-effect and taste of trates, I will retire both
the LegacyPro and the Volcano:biggrin::myday: and stic to the dabbing because vaping flowers won't get me high any more.

You don't have to take big fuck off dabs like the wasteful young ppl in YouTube videos
You can take small dabs and still enjoy the concentrates
Yes, I totally agree with you. Ultimately much depends on our consumption behavior and of course it is not solely about getting the highest possible but also about enjoying the flavors and specific kind of highness of the different strains. An Marienburg White Rum (80%alcohol) drinker could of course nevertheless enjoy the taste of a beer, though it contains only 5% alcohol.
But hasn't this drinker retired the beer, wine, etc:biggrin::myday: when it solely comes to get high?

Your hash from Amsterdam should be good quality being from where you said you bought it
I can't tell without seeing/knowing though
Yes, I also think that it is good quality. It is extremely soft and it tastes good but yes, I feel that I am wasting it because my devices do not properly manage to extract it.

This is as safe and tasty a vaping flower

But if it is so that you do not need higher temperatures than for flowers to vape trates then we can actually vape hash or other trates with the Volcano.

No - good quality trates will not leave avb (combustion leaves ash not avb btw)

I did not mean that combustion leaves avb. I was wondering whether there is also a sort of similar leftover with trates as in the case of flowers with avb whose appearance (e.g. the grade of darkness) shows us whether combustion took place.
But as you explained:

Good quality trates should leave nothing behind on the dabbing surface except maybe a little left over oil to be wiped up
Low quality hash and kief often leave plant material behind as they are not pure trichomes

Not really, as @felvapes explained...maybe a little unvaped oily residue.
I sometimes over-do it with rates to the point of the jitters and a nice flower bowl usually fixes that.
I did a tolerance test for my Doctor last week and he said the amount I consume would drop a horse!
tic to the dabbing because vaping flowers won't get me high any more.
If flower is keeping you happy/pain-free you might think trates are unnecessary, after pressing my own rosin with a hair straightener I knew I had discovered a whole new world of fun...that face slap with a dead fish feeling from the first real dab is memorable and repeatable! I also enjoy my rosin in a session style by using my Puffco Peak Pro at temps just above normal flower temps and that can really get the eyes rolling by the end of a sesh with not a hint of combusting...just some of the cleanest, crisp pot tokes you will ever have. :twocents:

It makes sense to me.
As a beginner, I still need to find my feet in the world of trates which by the way I should also learn to produce by myself else I wouldn't even know where to buy them. :cool:

I didn't say that I don't trust your experience but speaking of tolerance of course one can build up tolerance on THC also when only vaping herbs but I fear that no sooner I have bought a good dab rig and discovered the pleasure of the great efficiency, high-effect and taste of trates, I will retire both
the LegacyPro and the Volcano:biggrin::myday: and stic to the dabbing because vaping flowers won't get me high any more.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Ultimately much depends on our consumption behavior and of course it is not solely about getting the highest possible but also about enjoying the flavors and specific kind of highness of the different strains. An Marienburg White Rum (80%alcohol) drinker could of course nevertheless enjoy the taste of a beer, though it contains only 5% alcohol.
But hasn't this drinker retired the beer, wine, etc:biggrin::myday: when it solely comes to get high?

Yes, I also think that it is good quality. It is extremely soft and it tastes good but yes, I feel that I am wasting it because my devices do not properly manage to extract it.

But if it is so that you do not need higher temperatures than for flowers to vape trates then we can actually vape hash or other trates with the Volcano.

I did not mean that combustion leaves avb. I was wondering whether there is also a sort of similar leftover with trates as in the case of flowers with avb whose appearance (e.g. the grade of darkness) shows us whether combustion took place.
But as you explained:
Yes as you mentioned it is of course very possible to get a tolerance and not enjoy flower anymore + I didn't mean to sound like that can't happen
But if you dont just dab globs all day and enjoy the concentrate in combination with your flower use you are going to be fine and will learn to enjoy the different highs and hits
A dab definitely will hit you hard and can rock your world
I have ball injector vapes that can do similar with weed too now

Some people do stick to just dabbing
I like the difference in the high from both flower and concentrates so continue to use both
I also am like you where I live and have to make my own - I have bubble bags for making ice bubble hash (although I don't do this much anymore as it is a lot of work), I have a rosin press from dabpress and make my own rosin, and I make feco from my avb

You will definitely get more efficiently and flavour and better effects etc with your hash by using more appropriate devices
I have not yet seen one device that is great at both weed and trates - some can do both okay, but none can do both well

If you love your hash get something to consume it that compliments its qualities, especially if it is good Amsterdam hash (I'm jelly)

You do need higher temperatures than flower to vape trates properly
But not bit high enough for combustion
Different things combust and turn into vapour at different temperatures
Flower is at lower temps definitely under 500 f
Rosin is good between 400 - 650 f
My feco however needs about 600 - 750 f
I can't remember where but I read a scale online and I think it was something like anything over 750/800 is proper combustion

Also where you ask about an avb type indicator for high temps - not with quality products it will be as I mentioned earlier just oil to wipe up
If it is lower quality hash or kief however it will leave some plant material behind after the oil has vapourised - if it was too hot and combusted that plant material appears as black ashy bits instead

I went through all the same research and questions when I came here at first as you and slowly tried different things to learn what I like
As @LesPlenty mentioned the first hair straightener dab I had got me rocking like I was in high school again
I quickly bought a slug to make dabs and then that needed replacing quickly

I never looked back after getting the dabpress and it is my favourite purchase I've made out of everything
I could have a cheap torch and banger with my dabpress and not be sad in life lol

As Les mentioned also my doctor nearly fell off his chair when I first told him how much I consume :rofl:
And I still love flower as well as rosin or feco (feco is very sedative)
Bubble hash is very tasty dabbed, especially full melt

Last edited:
Yes as you mentioned it is of course very possible to get a tolerance and not enjoy flower anymore + I didn't mean to sound like that can't happen
But if you dont just dab globs all day and enjoy the concentrate in combination with your flower use you are going to be fine and will learn to enjoy the different highs and hits

I like the difference in the high from both flower and concentrates so continue to use both
I also am like you where I live and have to make my own - I have bubble bags for making ice bubble hash (although I don't do this much anymore as it is a lot of work), I have a rosin press from dabpress and make my own rosin, and I make feco from my avb

You will definitely get more efficiently and flavour and better effects etc with your hash by using more appropriate devices
I have not yet seen one device that is great at both weed and trates - some can do both okay, but none can do both well

If you love your hash get something to consume it that compliments its qualities, especially if it is good Amsterdam hash (I'm jelly)

I can't remember where but I read a scale online and I think it was something like anything over 750/800 is proper combustion

Also where you ask about an avb type indicator for high temps - not with quality products it will be as I mentioned earlier just oil to wipe up
If it is lower quality hash or kief however it will leave some plant material behind after the oil has vapourised - if it was too hot and combusted that plant material appears as black ashy bits instead

I went through all the same research and questions when I came here at first as you and slowly tried different things to learn what I like
As @LesPlenty mentioned the first hair straightener dab I had got me rocking like I was in high school again
I quickly bought a slug to make dabs and then that needed replacing quickly

I never looked back after getting the dabpress and it is my favourite purchase I've made out of everything
I could have a cheap torch and banger with my dabpress and not be sad in life lol

As Les mentioned also my doctor nearly fell off his chair when I first told him how much I consume :rofl:
And I still love flower as well as rosin or feco (feco is very sedative)
Bubble hash is very tasty dabbed, especially full melt

Still waiting on that underground YouTube channel guys
Great info
You guys would kill it on the tube

Still waiting on that underground YouTube channel guys
We are both legal now too!
I think it is almost time for one of us to try to make some THCA crystals from our rosin with our Dabpress units...highest THC possible,
1662648363113.png

And a batch that looks like Heisenberg made it,
1662648464664.png

We are both legal now too!
I think it is almost time for one of us to try to make some THCA crystals from our rosin with our Dabpress units...highest THC possible,
View attachment 39886
And a batch that looks like Heisenberg made it,
View attachment 39887
Gee this guy looks like he's been using that bottom batch :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
An Aliexpress review hahahaa
Screenshot_2022-09-08-17-55-56-27_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg
somehow I think that motar has not been used for the rosin it was intended looking at the "reclaim" - very Heisenberg hahahaa
Was always useless for rosin anyway and had a certain look to the mp hahaa

I did watch some of those videos making thca crystals a while back but never got around to bothering to try
I like all my terps and the constant repressing to get it like the above made me feel like they would be lost
Be an interesting experiment though
If you do try a batch I'd be very interested in your results

One thing I always wondered about was why it's called thca crystals
Afaik thca is what is in the plant until we decarb it and it turns to thc
Same as cbda and cbga turns to cbg and CBD

And yes we are both legal now woohoo to not having to hide consumption and the benefits it brings us

Gee this guy looks like he's been using that bottom batch :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
An Aliexpress review hahahaa
View attachment 39889 somehow I think that motar has not been used for the rosin it was intended looking at the "reclaim" - very Heisenberg hahahaa
Was always useless for rosin anyway and had a certain look to the mp hahaa

I did watch some of those videos making thca crystals a while back but never got around to bothering to try
I like all my terps and the constant repressing to get it like the above made me feel like they would be lost
Be an interesting experiment though
If you do try a batch I'd be very interested in your results

One thing I always wondered about was why it's called thca crystals
Afaik thca is what is in the plant until we decarb it and it turns to thc
Same as cbda and cbga turns to cbg and CBD

And yes we are both legal now woohoo to not having to hide consumption and the benefits it brings us

Ok I'm waiting in n front of the tv......tell me when

Not really, as @felvapes explained...maybe a little unvaped oily residue.
Yes, I got it. Provided that we are consuming premium-quality trates.
I sometimes over-do it with rates to the point of the jitters and a nice flower bowl usually fixes that.

:dog:
I did a tolerance test for my Doctor last week and he said the amount I consume would drop a horse!

:yikes: I wonder how much it is!
If flower is keeping you happy/pain-free you might think trates are unnecessary, after pressing my own rosin with a hair straightener I knew I had discovered a whole new world of fun...that face slap with a dead fish feeling from the first real dab is memorable and repeatable! I also enjoy my rosin in a session style by using my Puffco Peak Pro at temps just above normal flower temps and that can really get the eyes rolling by the end of a sesh with not a hint of combusting...just some of the cleanest, crisp pot tokes you will ever have. :twocents:

I am increasingly getting curious and interested in it.

I see. We need to discipline ourselves and maybe to have a break from time to time in order to reduce the tolerance.

Wow, I notice with pleasure and amazement how vast the world of vaping is becoming :shocked:
I am learning a lot from you guys! :secret: Thank you very much :rofl:
This is the first time I have heard of ball injector speaking of which I remember that I saw the following video last week in which I think the explained procedure is somehow related to the principle of ball injector
The circle is tightening.

This is what I think/suppose/fear could be an obvious consequence of it.

nice:thumbsup:

Yes, here in Japan the only thing that you can buy legally is alcohol :idon'tknow:
It sounds like a rosin press is something that I might consider to buy someday. But before that I need to grow a lot of tasty :weed:

Before I consider buying a dab rig (I think I would buy an electric one), I need trates. This is something I can do in the future. But I am wondering what could be a good and not expensive device/way to consume my hash.

It makes sense to me. This is also a further reason why I would buy an electric dab rig right from the start. With an electric one not only you don't need a torch but you can regulate the temparatures accurately thus not running the risk to combust.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

:whipit: I wonder how much it is!

Some people just fall in love with the 'clean' high you get plus a dab will keep me pain free for an hour or 2 (depending on what I am doing), herb for me needs to be hit more often for the same relief. My Doctor says 2 grams per day is too much...he does not know shit IMO. :thumbsup:
This is too much, see the shakes?

That much usually lasts me a week or more!

Last edited:
As @LesPlenty said it is just that some people prefer dabbing
Or the long lasting effects meaning less redosing is needed
You honestly do not need to worry and I never take breaks lol - what are those....

You already are consuming trates - this is the point - your hash IS trates
We are just trying to let you know that there are much better and less wasteful ways to use that hash - and once you start this route you should look to rosin etc
But I really don't think you need to be too concerned at all about trying them
Unless you plan to be silly like the video Les posted above you will be absolutely fine

You can get a press now and start making rosin - you do not need lots of material
If you were making bubble hash it is better to have lots of material as the process is time consuming so you want a yield worth the effort

You can squish as little as a gram in a rosin press and get enough for one or two decent dabs if your starting bud is good quality
The rosin press is worthy to buy and you don't need to wait until you have a massive stockpile

If you can afford it I would jump straight in to a decent press
I started simple and upgraded to a dabpress after a few devices
If you are going to do it just start there
If you don't have the wallet there are cheaper options

There are so many different dab rigs you can buy
Some are electric as in a unit made for dabs and some are glass with coils and pids to heat them

It is hard to say without knowing how your hash melts which is the best for it
I do know a few good dab options I recommend to people from QB and coil, halo sic dish and coil, to fully electronic devices

The volcano video you shared I think the guy is a little confused in some ways
The hybrid system in the name I thought was not the conduction/convection like other vapes but the bag/whip/bong function
I thought the volcano was still considered a convection vape
Also most people I have read over the years - and I definitely found with the plenty, that the reducer is less effective than the usual large screen (use a liquid pad on top of the weed if want a smaller load) more air over the larger surface area seems to work better with these S&B vapes
Now his balls on top of the weed - his mention of diffusion and being able to turn the temps doesn't quite make sense with me - especially as the vapour is in the bag and cooling before you inhale anyway - and if you use the liquid pad as I mentioned it should "diffuse" in the same way

And no it isn't at all the same as the ball injector vapes I mentioned
Ball injector vapes are run with a head containing 3 or 4 mm rubys or quartz pearls and a coil and PID
The titanium head holding the balls sit in a glass bowl and inject the heat directly onto the weed
The balls are heated by the coil and the air draws through the hot balls before it hits the weed as hot air
Very hard hitting and the best extracting devices I've used
You blow clouds like you are smoking and finish a bowl in 1 - 2 draws on a bong
There are a lot of designs out there now

Qaromashop is one lot with the Taroma
Cannabis Hardware is another with the B series
Old Head make the frieght train
There is a diy version called the pinky and titi
And there is an AliExpress version now too that will be released shortly
I was going to make a thread soon about ballers and some of the options available
Probably should keep this thread for trates and dab rigs hahaa

Last edited:
Speaking for myself...

When I first started dabbing I went overboard. The novelty of it had me doing huge dabs all day. And yes; it did drive my tolerance way up. However that changed rather quickly once the novelty of it all wore off.

I still prefer to dab for the same reasons @LesPlenty mentioned of quick pain relief that lasts longer than flower. It's also a 'time saver' for me. When I vape flower, I tend to sit and sesh for a lot longer and I just don't have the time for that these days. So a quick dab and I'm all set for several hours. My tolerance is probably high compared to some. But flower still gets me plenty high and I never take tolerance breaks unless I'm sick and just not vaping at all. Which is very rare lol.
But I am wondering what could be a good and not expensive device/way to consume my hash.
Without seeing the hash it is hard to know whether it has plant matter in it or not. However.... whether it does or doesn't you can still consume it cheaply and easily without investing in a dab set up. @Squiby primarily uses traditional hash. And she only uses the Dynavap to vape it. And @phattpiggie uses concentrates in the DV as well; using CelluCotton to envelop it. He explains in this IG post:

I wonder how much it is!
For everyone it's different. What I vape would put my husband under the table with the shakes. But my usage pales in comparison to some of the other members here lol...
Before I consider buying a dab rig (I think I would buy an electric one), I need trates. This is something I can do in the future
And know that some actually don't like using concentrates. My son is one... and I know several others who prefer to stick to flower. So do try a variety of different concentrates before investing in all the equipment to use them. Again, the DV is a fairly cheap way to do that; in comparison to buying an e-rig set up. Or a rosin press for that matter.

Last edited:
And know that some actually don't like using concentrates. My son is one... and I know several others who prefer to stick to flower. So do try a variety of different concentrates before investing in all the equipment to use them. Again, the DV is a fairly cheap way to do that; in comparison to buying an e-rig set up. Or a rosin press for that matter.
This is why I suggest getting a rig of sorts (maybe a banger to start) and use the hash properly
It's cheap getting a glass rig and banger from dhgate - probably as cheap or less than a DV in some instances - and it will dab hash of most kinds and quality and can be upgraded to use a coil later if it is enjoyed
I suggested the rosin press if he likes trates and his hash in a proper rig as he was interested after @LesPlenty shared those pics not as a first purchase but rather than buying 5 rosin making devices if it is something he likes then save money on the middle steps and extra machinery (I started with a hair straightener coz we can't buy to try trates)

A dynavap doesn't do it using concentrates for me as with other weed vapes - yes, it can be done but it isn't the best or most effective way
@sballo is already using an ALP for his hash and this has worked recently for me with the trates pad as good as a DV or others for rosin/feco
He had asked about a device (I think, maybe I'm mistaken) as in a trate rig like we had been discussing

So in the line of the original question and thread I would get a dab rig for that hash myself - if you just want to try get a glass rig and banger (can be found for under $100 AUD on Ali/DHgate) with a torch and then upgrade if you like later
If you enjoy using proper set ups for your hash after this then I would bypass the middle steps and save money getting decent options at that point

Hash from Amsterdam should be good and as I said earlier I'm envious
A tiny piece crumbled in a QB will be an experience (and should melt nicely) worth trying IMO and better than the portable weed vape options

Ballers have changed the speed of weed vaping sessions now too
Just as quick or quicker than a dab now

Last edited:
So in the line of the original question and thread I would get a dab rig for that hash myself - if you just want to try get a glass rig and banger (can be found for under $100 AUD on Ali/DHgate) with a torch and then upgrade if you like later
If you enjoy using proper set ups for your hash after this then I would bypass the middle steps and save money getting decent options at that point

Hash from Amsterdam should be good and as I said earlier I'm envious
I agree that an inexpensive dab rig and banger would work well if the hash is full melt. But at the same time... we don't know much about the hash @sballo is using; other than that it's from Amsterdam. Speaking from my own experience there, one can find a great selection of different hashish in Amsterdam. But it's not guaranteed that the hash he has isn't the more traditional type (which has plant matter in it) rather than an ice hash. Imo, it wont vape well in a banger if it's traditional hash due to scorching of plant matter. And that will affect the taste a lot. So until we know what we're dealing with, it's hard to give advice on what type of method would work best.

I agree that an inexpensive dab rig and banger would work well if the hash is full melt. But at the same time... we don't know much about the hash @sballo is using; other than that it's from Amsterdam. Speaking from my own experience there, one can find a great selection of different hashish in Amsterdam. But it's not guaranteed that the hash he has isn't the more traditional type (which has plant matter in it) rather than an ice hash. Imo, it wont vape well in a banger if it's traditional hash due to scorching of plant matter. And that will affect the taste a lot. So until we know what we're dealing with, it's hard to give advice on what type of method would work best.
I had said that already too - and then gave many options and information, which included ways to try and not spend money on things he may not need in the long run having done it in a country where we have to make our own as he does
A halo sic will handle even shit hash or kief that is 50/50
It just leaves crap behind

But he has to start somewhere and a QB will also dab even kief - yup it will leave stuff behind and affect taste - but will still taste better than in a weed vape and will still hit harder on less (especially if he doesn't combust)
Just more to clean - it's also a great way for him to test and find out how good the quality of his hash is ....
And a cheap glass Ali/gate rig is a good way to try rosin
A $10 AUD hair straightener and such a rig started me
I tried the cheapest option and was hooked
I/we all can help him avoid the middle purcahses if he does this and decides he loves rosin (or his hash is full melt and he likes trates)

If he has cash get a halo to try
But then as much as I love my halo I don't use it that much now I have a modded sic Daab

So the gate glass and banger is still a start

But he can start anywhere with all the info above
I just didn't think he was asking about weed vapes - I actually thought you had suggested he make this thread because the discussion about trates vapes was started elsewhere and so that's the info I was giving

I wasn't telling him to do anything let alone buy a rosin press today

Last edited:
the DV is a fairly cheap way
Same with Qomo and Vista Mini 2 (both cost less than an expensive gram of rates), both have an encapsulated quartz Atty and give great results for the price...not in the same league as Puffco Peak Pro/Dnail Nimbus/PID controlled quartz banger with a ruby insert(my snobby pic), etc but actually made with concentrates in mind and I know of a few peeps that use them exclusively. I was never a fan of hemp fiber etc to carry/hold concentrates in the DV myself. But if you have a DV the Ispire Wand is a great IH for the DV and does pretty good dabs as well(again, what it was actually made for).

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back