Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips The power of concentrates.

I heat it a few seconds after the click as hash needs more heat compared to flower.
What would be the right temperature for hash compared to flower?

If you have a melty product organic cotton balls or hemp fiber will do the trick.

So, then these here should be ok:

Amazon product ASIN B000VYP9O2
I am definitely going to give it a try. Also because -as I said - I want to see if it is really better than simply using the liquid pad.

What would be the right temperature for hash compared to flower?
I use a Vapcap. It is manually heated with either a lighter or an Induction Heater. I think the regular Vapcap cap clicks at around 350°F, which indicates that the tip has heated to vaping temps for flower. So to continue heating the cap after the click for a few more seconds likely brings the temperature to 400°F +.

I use a Vapcap. It is manually heated with either a lighter or an Induction Heater. I think the regular Vapcap cap clicks at around 350°F, which indicates that the tip has heated to vaping temps for flower. So to continue heating the cap after the click for a few more seconds likely brings the temperature to 400°F +.

The Legacy Pro (LP) reaches a temperature of 240°C which should be 464°F.

I instinctively thought that to vape hash (or also other kinds of concentrates) with the LP I'd just need full temp.

Anyway, if hash should be vaped at 400° F than I wonder why it's believed that hash is best consumed with a dab rig.
There are surely other subtle differences in the flavour, vapor, etc between vaping and dabbing but isn't the high temperatures that you can reach with a dab rig which makes the big difference between vaping and dabbing?

Anyway, if hash should be vaped at 400° F than I wonder why it's believed that hash is best consumed with a dab rig.
I think that that is a subjective opinion. I, personally, don't think using a dab rig is optimum for vaping a more 'traditional' looking hash; like this...

180426_Learn_Hash_55_Color-scaled.jpg

The exception would be a full melt bubble hash. That is made a different way and will not have the plant matter that the rolled or pressed hash does. In that case, it will melt in a rig with minimum mess.

There are surely other subtle differences in the flavour, vapor, etc between vaping and dabbing but isn't the high temperatures that you can reach with a dab rig which makes the big difference between vaping and dabbing?
The main reason one needs a higher temperature to dab is the consistency of the product. Wax, shatter, etc., are a thicker substance than flower and need higher heat to melt.

The main reason one needs a higher temperature to dab
I have actually run my Puffco Peak Pro at or lower than some herb vape top temps while flavour snobbing just for :science: while testing the K-type thermocouple advantages of the Pro...amazing temp control, a step above really.:twocents:

Did you find that the concentrates were fully extracted at those lower temps or did you have to go higher to finish the session?
Cannot remember...I think it just took ages to get to no vapor and was still a little wet and I cleaned up not wanting to get to char...I better conduct another test just to make sure...tomorrow as I have been testing another XVAPE device that I was sent for testing, this little Cricket punches hard on low, I do not understand why these types of devices have such high temp settings.
Still tastes good if you keep feeding it with big eye-rolling clouds to match,
1663327496501.jpg

That is too much, I find a small swipe over the coil per huge mouth pull puff is the go, rinse and repeat, like an extra nasty joint...somebody stop me!

I would not snort it...not unless you decarb it first. :rofl:
No no, :dog:I wouldn't come up - like you- with this idea. Should I want to try it, I'd then ask you to kindly explain to me how to decarb it :secret:

I was quoting a part of the article that posted @momofthegoons which reads:

"Take your block of dry-sifted hash and place it on a chopping board. Use a sharp metal knife to chop a portion into a fine powder. "

I think that that is a subjective opinion. I, personally, don't think using a dab rig is optimum for vaping a more 'traditional' looking hash; like this...
It makes sense to me.
View attachment 40076

The exception would be a full melt bubble hash. That is made a different way and will not have the plant matter that the rolled or pressed hash does. In that case, it will melt in a rig with minimum mess.

Honestly, I have never tried full melt bubble hash so I can't judge why it should be better to consume it with a rig.
The main reason one needs a higher temperature to dab is the consistency of the product. Wax, shatter, etc., are a thicker substance than flower and need higher heat to melt.

It totally makes sense to me. I have never had the opportunity to try any of those many great/tasty concentrates apart from some traditional hash but I can imagine that for those concentrates you need a higher temperature.

I have actually run my Puffco Peak Pro at or lower than some herb vape top temps while flavour snobbing just for :science: while testing the K-type thermocouple advantages of the Pro...amazing temp control, a step above really.:twocents:

Wow!
I have just googled the Puffco Peak Pro. It looks great!
Would you say that this a good choice for a dab rig?

Would you say that this a good choice for a dab rig?
Absolutely, quite expensive though...and the app is hard to download if you are not in a Puffco preferred country, I had to sideload the app as it was not available thru the Playstore for Australians...see if you can download Puffco Connect thru your countries Playstore.
Just behind, mainly due to ease of use, is my Dnail Nimbus as this needs almost no looking after. The induction-powered portables like the Dablamp(nice SiC cup) and DAAB are not far behind either, so many great top-tier units to choose from...The Puffco Proxy also looks nice...apart from the price...again the main negative of Puffco gear. I have also been using the Vista Mini2 of late as I now represent all things XVAPE, no app to confuse a newbie with and better than expected results at such a low price point, it even has wireless charging like the Puffco Peak Pro!

Absolutely, quite expensive though...and the app is hard to download if you are not in a Puffco preferred country, I had to sideload the app as it was not available thru the Playstore for Australians...see if you can download Puffco Connect thru your countries Playstore.
Just behind, mainly due to ease of use, is my Dnail Nimbus as this needs almost no looking after. The induction-powered portables like the Dablamp(nice SiC cup) and DAAB are not far behind either, so many great top-tier units to choose from...The Puffco Proxy also looks nice...apart from the price...again the main negative of Puffco gear. I have also been using the Vista Mini2 of late as I now represent all things XVAPE, no app to confuse a newbie with and better than expected results at such a low price point, it even has wireless charging like the Puffco Peak Pro!

Thank you for your feedback about the Puffco Peak Pro.
Oh, yes it is quite expensive. I have just bought the Volcano which cost a lot already. I will wait before considering buying a dab rig. Anyhow, I do not have any concentrates ans as far as I could find out, there is no way to have them sent abroad from one of those many nice dispensaries out there:doh: right?!

But I am steadily becoming curious about dabbing. Never tried yet :shakehead:

By the way, I said that I would compare vaping hash put on the liquid pad & vaping hash with the cotton balls trick

I thought that using the whole cotton ball would be too much. So, I might have used less than a quarter of the cotton amount of one ball. Well, I am also trying to be very economical with my material. I do not have a lot.
My result of the comparison named the cotton balls trick the winner.
I think that the cotton ball method makes the hash melt/vaporise better than a liquid pad. I could conclude that you would have more waste of material using a liquid pad.
I tried it with and without a screen put onto the chamber. I think that it works even better with the screen on it. It might create more conduction.

Speaking of the cotton itself, are there any concerns about something harmful that might be released at that high temperature? (240 C)
1663410518208.jpg

I used about a quarter of the cotton ball.

1663410518201.jpg

after the vaping session.

1663410518195.jpg

Last edited:
Did you find that the concentrates were fully extracted at those lower temps or did you have to go higher to finish the session?
I checked, my main temp on the Puffco Peak Pro is set at 245C (5C higher than my Starry top temp) so it is at or just above most herb vapes in temp. I only get a bit of oily residue after vaping until no more vapor but only use my light-colored rosin in it.
after the vaping session.
That looks like good extraction to me, I preferred the degummed hemp over liquid pads also whenever I tried them!

Not if it is organic cotton. The problem would arise if you were using the type of 'cotton balls' that are actually bleached, polyester fibers that contain a lot of chemicals.
Now, I am a bit stumped as nothing is mentioned on the package whether they are bleached or not. Being the cotton white could mean it is bleached indeed but it is not sure.
As for the question whether it is polyester fiber, I think we can exclude it. It is clearly written on the package that it is 100% cotton.

1663429131388.jpg

I bought it at a local drugstore but I want to be on the safe side. I have just googled a bit and come across these ones here:

Amazon product ASIN B07BK2SV2X

I think, they are the right ones.

Last edited:
It is clearly written on the package that it is 100% cotton
Not all of us can read but at least I can see that picture!
I cannot see the picture of the new type you have and quite a few of your other pictures do not show up for me... @momofthegoons what could be causing this?

Not all of us can read but at least I can see that picture!
I cannot see the picture of the new type you have and quite a few of your other pictures do not show up for me... @momofthegoons what could be causing this?

In fact, kanjis (Chinese characters) are really fascinating but at the same time extremely difficult to master. This is anyway not a topic to be discussed here. But yes, you can clearly see on the package 綿100% where 綿 stands for cotton.
The new type is the following one:

dai.JPG

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back