Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Silver Surfer by Elev8 Distribution (formerly 7th Floor LLC) "SSV"

Here's Steve Kelnhofer's reaction to Troy420's mod.

Watch 3:00 minutes into the video.

Thank you for this, @Vital. I actually decided to Follow Along with Steve. I had the Surfer fired up on Get Me High, bowl loaded and inserted in the heater cover, when I simultaneously thought I really didn't want to risk combustion, and that I don't like high heat hits. Quick withdrawal followed, followed by relief at not having combusted, and a very tasty cloud. Further musings would like to have been followed by fire and smoke. Thank goodness I wasn't so stoned that I caused an event to occur that would have led to me cleaning glass and reading threads on how to get smoke and char out of my tubing.

At least it seemed to happen that way. I'm vaping some delicious Sweet Tooth, and might be paranoid. Or not. Maybe it was close to going up in flames. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I changed my mind. Who knows? Maybe I have suckled at the teat of this vape until we are one, and I instinctively knew when to retreat. I exhaled vapor like any unseen since just moments before the Great Cess pit explosion of 1174 A.D. But not stinky. And it was delicious. Kind of fruity, but maybe candy too. Hard to say. I keep checking, but I can't quite tell. Sometimes I have to look up what I'm vaping to see what I'm tasting. I know, I know. I'm not proud of it. I will never get a job as a taster for an ice cream maker. I just don't have it in me. Anyone else have that? Need to look up your weed? No? I might just be My Own Special Self with the research.

A huge cloud. It was also the first and only cloud. That's always a wimpy cloud. If I'd have blown a second cloud, it would look like a fog bank in here. I'd be opening windows and running fans. No, I knew when to quit. That's me: The Appropriate Quitter. It's impossible to know what would have happened, but I know what didn't happen. I didn't combust. That's what didn't happen.

Thank you for this, @Vital. I actually decided to Follow Along with Steve. I had the Surfer fired up on Get Me High, bowl loaded and inserted in the heater cover, when I simultaneously thought I really didn't want to risk combustion, and that I don't like high heat hits. Quick withdrawal followed, followed by relief at not having combusted, and a very tasty cloud. Further musings would like to have been followed by fire and smoke. Thank goodness I wasn't so stoned that I caused an event to occur that would have led to me cleaning glass and reading threads on how to get smoke and char out of my tubing.

At least it seemed to happen that way. I'm vaping some delicious Sweet Tooth, and might be paranoid. Or not. Maybe it was close to going up in flames. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I changed my mind. Who knows? Maybe I have suckled at the teat of this vape until we are one, and I instinctively knew when to retreat. I exhaled vapor like any unseen since just moments before the Great Cess pit explosion of 1174 A.D. But not stinky. And it was delicious. Kind of fruity, but maybe candy too. Hard to say. I keep checking, but I can't quite tell. Sometimes I have to look up what I'm vaping to see what I'm tasting. I know, I know. I'm not proud of it. I will never get a job as a taster for an ice cream maker. I just don't have it in me. Anyone else have that? Need to look up your weed? No? I might just be My Own Special Self with the research.

A huge cloud. It was also the first and only cloud. That's always a wimpy cloud. If I'd have blown a second cloud, it would look like a fog bank in here. I'd be opening windows and running fans. No, I knew when to quit. That's me: The Appropriate Quitter. It's impossible to know what would have happened, but I know what didn't happen. I didn't combust. That's what didn't happen.
HI @Madri-Gal! I asked over on FC, but you might have already answered my question. I asked the SSV thread who felt like their SSV isn't strong enough to get the herb dark enough without beads. I remember @Ramahs saying his was cranked all the way up and his didn't get the avb that toasty. It sounds like you are easily able to get the herb dark if you wanted to.

Someone on FC also pointed out that 7th floor released a heater enhancement for the SSV, in response to troys video. Good on them for giving a factory option to those thinking about beads, I'm wondering though, what's the difference in providing more thermal mass, and turning the heater up? Unless, it's not strong enough without more mass in the heater.

HI @Madri-Gal! I asked over on FC, but you might have already answered my question. I asked the SSV thread who felt like their SSV isn't strong enough to get the herb dark enough without beads. I remember @Ramahs saying his was cranked all the way up and his didn't get the avb that toasty. It sounds like you are easily able to get the herb dark if you wanted to.

Someone on FC also pointed out that 7th floor released a heater enhancement for the SSV, in response to troys video. Good on them for giving a factory option to those thinking about beads, I'm wondering though, what's the difference in providing more thermal mass, and turning the heater up? Unless, it's not strong enough without more mass in the heater.

@Ramahs might not get the same result, and I'm not doubting him. I did have to adjust my SSV heater cover recently, as it was heating poorly. Every surfer is a bit different. Handbook glass, and all.
@nonamekevin, I hope you get the dark roast you are looking for. I don't think the beads are needed, but my Surfers don't require them. Your mileage may vary. You might just think the beads look fun. There are so many things to buy, it's hard to know what is critical to own sometimes.
Did you watch the video at the top of the page? Steve shows how to get clouds without beads.

Last edited:
. I asked the SSV thread who felt like their SSV isn't strong enough to get the herb dark enough without beads
I really don't get it. I have two SSV's; an older model and one that's a couple years old now. And I can combust with both if I'm not careful. I usually have the dial set at about 1/2 way in it's rotation (1:00 on my SSV). I find that to be the best setting, but if I draw too slowly there's a chance of the herb getting too hot and scorching. My abv is always brown when I finish a bowl.

So why the need for it to get hotter? Either there are inconsistencies in temperature in the different units out there or it's user error. I have a hard time believing that the SSV's are all heating at different temps. It's a simple heat core and they should all run pretty close. I just can't imagine needing anything to boost the temps... if I set my dial at full rotation I'd be combusing each and every time.

I really don't get it. I have two SSV's; an older model and one that's a couple years old now. And I can combust with both if I'm not careful. I usually have the dial set at about 1/2 way in it's rotation (1:00 on my SSV). I find that to be the best setting, but if I draw too slowly there's a chance of the herb getting too hot and scorching. My abv is always brown when I finish a bowl.

So why the need for it to get hotter? Either there are inconsistencies in temperature in the different units out there or it's user error. I have a hard time believing that the SSV's are all heating at different temps. It's a simple heat core and they should all run pretty close. I just can't imagine needing anything to boost the temps... if I set my dial at full rotation I'd be combusing each and every time.
Combating is a real possibility. This contributes to my preference for lower temperatures every bit as much as flavor does. I tried heating as Steve suggested, and my stoned brain screamed "Stop!" I realized it could combust, and it wasn't worth the risk. It's not as if I don't get fully blasted at 11:00 on the dial. I get dark ABV at just past halfway. 3/4 or beyond I risk combustion, and abv is very dark. I also get far fewer hits at higher temperatures, and they are harsher hits.

@Ramahs might not get the same result, and I'm not doubting him. I did have to adjust my SSV heater cover recently, as it was heating poorly.
@nonamekevin, I hope you get the dark roast you are looking for. I don't think the beads are needed, but my Surfers don't require them. Your mileage may vary. You might just think the beads look fun. There are so many things to buy, it's hard to know what is critical to own sometimes.
Did you watch the video at the top of the page? Steve shows how to get clouds without beads.

Yep, I've watched most of the SSV and 7th videos, and those are some impressive clouds. Would have liked to seen the avb.

What you and Madri describe is kinda what I was thinking, and what Steve mentions in the video. Just turn it up more! Unless the goal is to drop temps down, I didn't see the benefit of adding beads or the heater enhancement.

I haven't used my SSV yet because I got it used, and it was in rough shape. Just sent it in for warranty repair, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for the info friends! :headbang:

There's heat and there's power.
And they're not the same. Imagine if your heater post was pin sized. Even if it was as hot it wouldn't have the power as the heater post does.

Or imagine getting hit with a pebble at 20mph or a brick at the same speed.

The glass beads make a bigger mass that holds heat and increases power.

Having said that my ssv hits plenty hard and, like you, I don't really see a need to increase power.

There's heat and there's power.
And they're not the same. Imagine if your heater post was pin sized. Even if it was as hot it wouldn't have the power as the heater post does.

Or imagine getting hit with a pebble at 20mph or a brick at the same speed.

The glass beads make a bigger mass that holds heat and increases power.

Having said that my ssv hits plenty hard and, like you, I don't really see a need to increase power.
Look, I still can't figure out why a bowling ball doesn't hit the ground faster than a tennis ball of the same size, or why it is faster, or how a lever works, or why ice really melts ( you know there is a story there). If you think you can teach me anything with your fancy physics lessons and discussions about plumbing, then you have grossly over-estimated my ability to comprehend that which I don't understand for the most part. I did try, I just got lost thinking about getting hit with pebbles and bricks. They aren't pleasant thoughts, are they? Frightening even. Yet, yet it's oddly exhilarating thinking of pebbles and bricks zinging through the air. Not that anyone wants to be a target. Just adrenaline does happen. Sometimes more than others.
I've been doing research with my Silver Surfer, who is like my best inanimate best friend. I was going to rate how high I am, but I think I wandered into a different thread. And here I am!
Good answer, @Shredder. You explained it well.

Last edited:
Look, I still can't figure out why a bowling ball doesn't hit the ground faster than a tennis ball of the same size, or why it is faster, or how a lever works, or why ice really melts ( you know there is a story there). If you think you can teach me anything with your fancy physics lessons and discussions about plumbing, then you have grossly over-estimated my ability to comprehend that which I don't understand for the most part. I did try, I just got lost thinking about getting hit with pebbles and bricks. They aren't pleasant thoughts, are they? Frightening even. Yet, yet it's oddly exhilarating thinking of pebbles and bricks zinging through the air. Not that anyone wants to be a target. Just adrenaline does happen. Sometimes more than others.
I've been doing research with my Silver Surfer, who is like my best inanimate best friend. I was going to rate how high I am, but I think I wandered into a different thread. And here I am!
Good answer, @Shredder. You explained it well.
Your killing me @Madri-Gal! :goofs:

So I'm one of the four piece grinder people, and I either go through way more weed than I think, or I'm too lazy to open and check the bottom compartment. Both are possible, and even likely, but I prefer to think I'm saving keef for a rainy day or a weed drought. Both are possible, but not so likely. When my grinder screen became so clogged it became a three piece, I opened the bottom chamber to reveal a crap ton of kief. It seemed like it might be time to clean the screen, but first things first, and I had to get rid of the keif.
This is where my Silver Surfer came in.
I started with a clean wand, and started putting scoops of keef in with my bud. Sometimes I would forget the kief, and sometimes I'd forget bud and keif. It didn't seem to matter, and it took awhile to notice, because clouds of vapor kept appearing. I'd start to dump the ABV, but there was nothing there. For a little minute I thought I'd gotten one of my three wishes, but it was just the rosenous goo built up on the wand. I turned the heat up 3/4 of the way, and the heat kept the vapor coming. There seems to be some left on the wand and I might try high heat next (Get it? High heat? ).

What I ordered
downloadfile-71.jpg

What I got
20200405_183549.jpg

Last edited:
My friends, I am shocked and horrified. I'm shaking and crying alternately.
Was 7th Floor counting on me dying?
As many of you know, I've been on a No Buy for the better part of a year. That ended recently, and as the past proud owner of both a Silver Surfer and a Super Surfer, I headed over to Elev8 Glass to buy an LSV. My head was turned by a beautiful limited edition Cobalt Blue Silver Surfer. I didn't need a Silver Surfer, but it was about the prettiest thing I've ever seen, and I needed pretty. I needed that blue. As many of you know, I've been sick with Corona Virus, and it went to my lungs and the past week have been a struggle. I figured if I didn't make it, the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle would make a nice 4/20 gift.
I spoke to Kevin from Elev8 Glass ( 7th Floor). I told him I was 420 shopping, and explained the frequent coughing was because of Corona Virus and pneumonia, and I wasn't sure I'd even see the Silver Surfer Bundle, but I hoped to. I asked if it was exactly like the picture, as I wanted the black bag and black base. He said he would make a note for a black base,
and it would be exactly like the picture, No other blue like it. Yes, it came with a glass set ( shown in picture, it's a perc with a Sherlock you can use as a mouthpiece, a blue WPA, a cobalt blue storage jar, blue grinder, special colored blue hose with mouthpiece, a glass pick, a metal pick, a Honey jar, and a wand, all in blue).
What I got was a red bag with red pick, a clear WPA and mouthpiece, the standard navy blue hose, a water piece with a lime green tint, and the standard blue Silver Surfer with a black base. Only the jar, wand, striped pick were in blue.
I spent $400 on this order, and it wasn't the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle. It looks like someone just threw a few things in a bag and tried to pass it off as what I ordered. Kevin told me the bundles were already made up, and "5%" had silver bases and were otherwise the same,vand he'd make sure I got the cobalt with bkack, not silver.Was someone counting on me not making it? Or were they/are they going to say the color looks different on the computer?
Oh, and I went to both Ekev8 Glass and the old 7th Floor because both had pictures and descriptions of the cobalt blue set. I checked Google, as the above image kept showing up. I took the above picture as a download the other day, and it's a good thing I did. Neither Elev8, 7th Floor, had any pictures of the Silver Surfer Cobalt Bundle. That's why I question that this was a mistake. If it was a mistake, why remove the picture?
What is happening? I'm crying I'm so disappointed and hurt.
I lived through Covid-19 2020, and all I got was this lousy standard blue Silver Surfer.
20200405_193031.jpg

Should have stuck with getting a LSV, that is a terrible shopping experience @Madri-Gal, I would not want to deal with them again if it were possible but stick to your guns until they fix you up just right.

I spoke to Kevin from 7th Floor late yesterday, and he expressed surprise that the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle picture was down. He checked and said it was because "a small piece" was missing, but don't worry, he could find an acceptable substitution, and the good news is they still have Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle available and he could send one and would get back to me.
I just got an e-mail where he is saying "the kit changed", and he could send me a black bag. He states that, " due to inventory, the kit was very recently changed". This does conflict with him saying the kit are preassembled, unless limited edition preassembled kits were being raided for parts. The only offer to fix this unauthorized substitution of parts of a limited edition full color set was to send me a black bag ( I asked that the order be canceled if they check and red was the only bag available or if the silver base was the only one available, and this was ignored). He is also willing to send a label so I can return the bundle he did send.
I have explained this isn't an acceptable solution, and asked what the current contents of the reconfigured Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle are. Presumably, the Silver Surfer in cobalt is available, as it wouldn't be much of a kit without one. It also wouldn't be limited edition, as only the tubing and SSV are limited edition cobalt.
I did ask to speak to Steve, or anyone else, but Kevin said he was the only one that could help me. No response to IG message or email to Steve.
We do have an admission that the wrong items were sent and the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle as pictured wasn't available when they sold it to me. They did just send "whatever" instead. The picture was taken down, instead of just having a "not available " tag put on the page. It did make it difficult to compare, and if I hadn't downloaded the picture couldn't have compared, so it also served the function of potentially blocking me from verifying and showing they sent unauthorized substitutions. Let's hope it's coincidental, but only 7th Floor/elev8glassgallery would be able to see who took it down and why. I'm just saying it's possible that keeping me from noticing and protesting could have been a motive if someone didn't want a customer to notice what amounts to a fraudulent substitution. I wasn't notified at any time before today that substitution happened (and I informed them first) although someone at 7th Floor/elev8glassgallery knew they were assembling and sending something other than the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle out. You go to the shelf, you get the cobalt bundle, you send it. If you are grabbing bags, and trying to kinda sorta send blue items that roughly correspond to the picture/description, well someone who is either the person who is making the bag, or the person who told the packer what to put in as substitution knew it wasn't what was pictured in cobalt. Everyday blue instead of a cobalt SSV, for example. They know the difference. They see them every day.
I am not a satisfied customer.

I just got an email from Steve. He says "the new rig is far superior over the old one. The last one was a thing we were trying to get rid of,". I'm assuming by rig he means the glass sent, but it was lime green.
No mention was made of the Silver Surfer Limited Edition Cobalt Blue Bundle being the wrong color, just Corona makes things difficult and Kevin is a great guy. Still no solution.
For me it's simple: send me what you sold me. If there must be a substitution, call me and discuss, but the replacement should be cobalt. That's the point.
20200407_131318.jpg

I'm not sure it's clear because of the base, but the perc is two holes in the down stem. Not Cobalt.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back