Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Silver Surfer by Elev8 Distribution (formerly 7th Floor LLC) "SSV"

Vitolo

Vaporist

I will discuss my feelings about this Vaporizer as we move along.
Videos will be coming up in just a second...
You will notice that the SSV is the very 1st vape listed in my Vaporizers of choice, on my Signature!
It is there for a reason...
Mine stays on 24/7 and has for many years now!
On my signature I specify "Hand Held"..
I like the original best, but use them all.

Next... the whip and wand are easy to clean...

Next up:
90 seconds... and I am in the pink!

The ceramic heating element used in the SSV, DBV, and LSV (the other 7th Floor Desktops)
This video was made when I could walk and control my hands much better!

Finally here is the bag being filled on the new Super Silver Surfer.
This unit was not one of my favorites:

Last edited:
I have to agree with @Vitolo that the Silver Surfer is a great vape to own and it's one of my favorites. It's built like a tank and delivers thick hits with very little learning curve. With it's temperature control, you can do low temp or high temp vaping; depending on your need or desire. And since it goes to high temps (you can even combust if not careful) imo it helps transition folk from combusting to vaping easier than some vapes. In fact, it's usually the vape I'll recommend to someone who is looking for a hard hitting desktop vaporizer to start vaporizing with. The vapor is thicker than the EVO which has an airier hit. And as I mentioned, there's little learning curve. So for the person trying to quit combustion, it helps satisfy that urge for smoke.

I like to use the ground glass wand personally and pair up the SSV to a bubbler with an adapter like this on the hose:

1411959401085578290632.jpeg

While I don't leave mine on 24/7, I've been known to keep it on all day with no issues.

If I had a criticism of it... I guess I would say it isn't stealthy looking lol. It's rather large and obvious. But I don't have to worry about hiding things in the house so it's no issue for me.

Just joined the Wave Riding gang!
Decided it was finally time to try out the Silver Surfer Vaporizer. When i checked on 7th Floor website, the blemished units were on sale for $160 and I could not pass on that deal!
It arrived Friday and has been the only vape used for the whole weekend, which is very rare especially for a new arrival.
Learning curve is minimal, just follow the instructions and you are good to go!
Mine is equipped with the spherical ground glass HC and wand. Easy to load and use.

It seems to work equally well with large or small loads, which is a bonus.
Only mod I have done so far is to install a second to add a bit of restriction and to prevent particles from getting into the wand.
May try removing the 2nd screen and replace is with a finer mesh so that the oil in the wand will be very clean.

Built like a tank and looks like it will outlast me!
A great addition to the family!

I promise you will be happy with it.
I am willing to gamble on it, and I do not gamble.
1st hit every day, and last hit every night!

Fear not Uncle Vitolo!
The SSV is a heavy hitter for sure. The SV4 has not been turned on in days now.
I love it's fast heat up time and that I can leave it turned down and it is still ready within a minute.

Still not really sold on the design though. The custom knob is on the wrong side imo.
The spherical glass works like a dream!

I am really enjoying packing the wand full!
My last order was not very good for micro hits and I was at a loss as to what to do with it.
The SSV has come to accept the challenge and is pumping out flavor and clouds!
It's almost too easy.

Every one needs to try one of these out. Anything from blue vapor to thick, rich vapor with minimal learning curve!

Still not really sold on the design though. The custom knob is on the wrong side imo.
The spherical glass works like a dream!
That's funny..... I've thought more than once that I'd like for the knob to be on the other side lol....

I use the ground glass connection and prefer that to the spherical. Much easier for me to use the SSV with a bubbler that way.

It's my daily driver. I keep mine on most of the time.... don't know if that's something you're supposed to do or not. I know @Vitolo does this so my feeling was if he does it it must be okay! :biggrin:

Every one needs to try one of these out. Anything from blue vapor to thick, rich vapor with minimal learning curve!
This is actually the desktop vape that I recommend to folk that are just starting to vape. It's such a heavy hitter that most are impressed with vaping right away.

That's funny..... I've thought more than once that I'd like for the knob to be on the other side lol....

I use the ground glass connection and prefer that to the spherical. Much easier for me to use the SSV with a bubbler that way.

It's my daily driver. I keep mine on most of the time.... don't know if that's something you're supposed to do or not. I know @Vitolo does this so my feeling was if he does it it must be okay! :biggrin:

This is actually the desktop vape that I recommend to folk that are just starting to vape. It's such a heavy hitter that most are impressed with vaping right away.

I bought a ssv in a garage sale for $12, but I had to buy a gg wand and whip, that was missing. I agree it's a heavy hitter. And a good transition from smoking joints. Also I bought ssv's for patients/friends. They're a good value, especially the seconds.

A couple draw backs as well to be honest. For one it's a whip vape, with all that, that comes with whips, and the screens get dirty fast. Neither one is a deal breaker. But I think our future is portable vapes.

But I think our future is portable vapes.
I would agree. But I still like having a desktop unit. I haven't found a portable that gives the same punch. That's not to say there isn't one out there... I certainly haven't tried them all lol.

But I find something relaxing about being at a desk with a desktop unit. It forces me to sit down and take a moment.

A couple draw backs as well to be honest. For one it's a whip vape, with all that, that comes with whips, and the screens get dirty fast
I agree here. But whips have never bothered me that much.... I just change out the tubing regularly; especially if I've managed to combust in it. To each their own; right? :biggrin:

The knob must be, due to the physics of wiring, on the opposite side of the light.
The DBV for this reason.... while having the switch in front... has a light in the back: so one can not from across the room see whether they left the unit on or off just by looking.
On the SSV,
The knob is on the back, because of the angle of the unit.
The knob is custom made and large.....
and it would not be easy to turn in that tight angle, so it is on the side of wide angle, for easy and complete turning.
7th floor learned from the DBV that the light was not easily visible, so they switched the light and knob on the SSV for a dual reason...
  1. So light can be seen from the front
  2. So knob could fit and make a complete turn unimpeded.

Last edited:
@Shredder

I do not believe the future is portable at all.
As a medical user, I have yet to find a portable that will satisfy my needs and I have tried an awful lot of them...
The power and consistency of a mains powered vape cannot be replicated by a portable for very long at all.

I admit there are some great portables but can you name one that could take the SSV off my desk and be a complete replacement?

@Vitolo
I get why the knob has to be there but it could be on the side, slightly smaller etc...
It is what it is though and it is a great vape!

It had me in a super medicated state last night and it was awesome!

I get why the knob has to be there but it could be on the side, slightly smaller etc...
It is what it is though and it is a great vape!
For me it's more the power cord that's in the way. Because you have to turn the SSV to use it, the cord gets twisted around. I'd like to see the power cord on the side of the unit.

But I love the SSV none the less. And happen to agree that there isn't a portable out there that can compete.

The RBT Milaana matches the power, but it is easy to combust, until the learning curve is reached.

For the first yet and then the battery drain affects performance...
No portable can replace a desktops ease of use and continuous power supply.
The MiniVap comes close with a 3 hour battery and possibly the glass core.

Portables have their place, just not on my desk very often.

My SSV wasn't getting much love while I was putting serious mileage on my portables. I felt bad about the neglect, and fired her up last night. My meds were the same, but the effect was much stronger, and at one point I was happily thinking of walking on the bottom of an imaginary ocean without the creepy fish. My meds went from being boring to having almost psychedelics properties. Nice machine, the SSV.

Great looking mod for the SSV,

While this mod looks interesting, I'm not sure that I agree with Troy about the SSV not being able to produce lung busters on it's own. I use mine at 1:00 (his was set at 12:00 first and then at 11:00) and get pretty damn big clouds. But... I will say they aren't as dense as his seemed to be after the mod. His almost looked blue (which would indicate combustion). He had hot spots in the wand several times and his abv looked mighty dark; almost black. I have combusted several times using the SSV if my temp is set a little too high.

The other difference in my SSV usage is that I use the conical ground glass wand rather than the spherical wand that he uses. I think the seal is better and you don't get the extra air that you get with the spherical wand. You can see the different wands here.

He mentioned he could really 'feel it in his chest.' I'm not so sure that's a good thing.... Could be hot and hurty. I'd be willing to try this mod out though. Hopefully @ddave will have the basket screen kit to offer to make it easy peasy. The glass balls would be easy to find.

Your reaction is pretty much mine @momofthegoons .

I'd never be able to tolerate Troy's style. I even put cotton or hemp fiber in the wand to filter the vapor further. I wonder what Troy's lungs will be like when he's my age.

I have 2 pet peeves with my ssv. One the whip, two I always have to change screens. It is a beast though and big clouds are normal.

While this mod looks interesting, I'm not sure that I agree with Troy about the SSV not being able to produce lung busters on it's own. I use mine at 1:00 (his was set at 12:00 first and then at 11:00) and get pretty damn big clouds. But... I will say they aren't as dense as his seemed to be after the mod. His almost looked blue (which would indicate combustion). He had hot spots in the wand several times and his abv looked mighty dark; almost black. I have combusted several times using the SSV if my temp is set a little too high.

The other difference in my SSV usage is that I use the conical ground glass wand rather than the spherical wand that he uses. I think the seal is better and you don't get the extra air that you get with the spherical wand. You can see the different wands here.

He mentioned he could really 'feel it in his chest.' I'm not so sure that's a good thing.... Could be hot and hurty. I'd be willing to try this mod out though. Hopefully @ddave will have the basket screen kit to offer to make it easy peasy. The glass balls would be easy to find.
Greetings @momofthegoons and All!

Working on a new kit as I type this. Prototype kits out in the wild being tested. Expect a winner soon!

Thanks!
Dave

Great work @ddave, I would suggest to at least use boro balls in that hot an area instead of the slingshot ammo. @felvapes found some cheap ones,
No doubt you could get even cheaper buying in bulk and it would make a good selling point safety-wise.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back