Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Thermal Accumulator ™

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
As you may have seen I recently put together a new butane powered vape.
I can't go into all the details but rest assured it is built around tried and tested safe materials.

My rayon pucks hardly colour up where they touch the titanium bowl but do brown on top. This has lead me to the conclusion it has a very heavy convection bias.

10 of them were sent out to a group I know and trust will give me honest feedback. No one sugar coats turds from this team.

Whilst I fully appreciate that using a torch isn't for everyone and for some it's quite daunting the heater matrix in this device is very forgiving.
And because it would be stupid not to there is another being designed to work with an IH.

The idea came together as an adapter for existing 8mm bore stems.
IMG_20220721_165548.jpg

Once you've dialed in your sweet spot you can go slow and low or ring its neck and get black, not burnt, leftovers. I've ran a couple of green bowls that I was absolutely convinced had lit but a closer inspection of the leftovers showed I was wrong.
I called it 'quasi combustion' because I don't know how else to describe it. Imagine the last toke on a VC but on your first toke. Thick, thick vapour and lots of it.
A couple of AVB shots.
IMG_20220721_115213.jpg

IMG_20220804_111059.jpg

The 10 adapters that are currently being tested alongside my Bog Yew.
IMG_20220727_161212.jpg

My VC stem is particularly skinny.
IMG_20220802_100214.jpg

One that I mocked up with some Ti fins on a Revolve stem. Yes it gets hot so they will be sent out with 'do not lick after use' stickers on them.
IMG_20220718_105004.jpg

This lovely patina came after a few bowls using a VM/Sticky size torch. It soon disappears with higher heat application.
IMG_20220721_115113.jpg

I'll go through the usage videos I have and get them posted up. Please be patient as I'm enjoying the southern Spanish sunshine at the moment.

Feel free to ask questions and do ammend anything I've done wrong @momofthegoons

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_155158.jpg
    IMG_20220722_155158.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20220728_165140.jpg
    IMG_20220728_165140.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 87
Okay then...maybe start with amending your misspelling of the word ammend?

Hehehe!

Buena suerte!
My mind was elsewhere, I had a game of rummy to play. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

A couple of videos.

This one is part of a longer video done by one of the team. It demonstrates how much vapour the TA™ can pump out. Runtz greenery in the bowl and not a full bowl.

Rayon puck video showing the convection bias. In a VC the circumference would be much darker.

So far I've used a VM/Sticky torch. Takes longer to heat up but works fine. 45 to 80 seconds.

I'm now on a creme brulee torch. Works very well and the time has been cut right down. 25 to 30 seconds.
Screenshot_20220731_094820.jpg

This torch has also been successfully used.
Screenshot_20220804_172928.jpg

Once all the feedback comes in I'll make a list of torches.

This is what happens when you really push green loads. The first time I saw the plume I thought it had lit. To see if this was so I toked on it again. The extra air going in should have set off a bush fire good and proper but it didn't.
Others have hit this point too.

Native the TA™ is very joint like and most are getting around about 2 minutes of vapour production from one heat application.

The intake is a little tight for bongs but it does work. A solution is already in the works to allow adjustability.

So how much more flower does this cap/bowl hold compared to regular sized DV, any idea?

And given we are talking butane here can one still use it in sort of a on-demand manner as the bowl size appears to have a VERY large load capacity?

Hit it now, hit it again a hour from now, maybe after a quick stir? I mean, I realize the bowl is going to get REALLY hot but does it cool down quickly enough so that it doesn't continue to deplete the load?

I want the one you wrap your wand ss sleeve around to try :P
I like the look of these
The avb looks similar to my ALP and my ball vapes
I like the look of these
Did I say that already? I'm stoned....

Want want
The fat one that you torch would fit in my Daab or wand IH I believe too

It fits the Wand but is grade 2 Ti so doesn't heat properly. I had a cracked Wand bucket so robbed the SS band out of it. I'll try it again and let you know how it goes.

@felvapes I was a little hasty on the suitability of the Wand. I'll keep on trying it so I'm confident with my findings.

So far the TA heats up nicely in the Wand, with or without the SS from the cup.
I'm only set at 210°c and using it manually.
Heat up time is around the 45-50 seconds mark. It may just be placebo effect but the SS seems to be different.
10 bowls and still got 2 bars.

@felvapes I was a little hasty on the suitability of the Wand. I'll keep on trying it so I'm confident with my findings.

So far the TA heats up nicely in the Wand, with or without the SS from the cup.
I'm only set at 210°c and using it manually.
Heat up time is around the 45-50 seconds mark. It may just be placebo effect but the SS seems to be different.
10 bowls and still got 2 bars.
I like the sounds of this
The wand and a TA tip may be a very good friend to me
Rather vassed

I have been experimenting with different torches and I think I found what I like best. Roughly 14 seconds with a large dab torch like a Blazer Big Shot. Warming up half of one side and then the other. About 10-12 seconds on a second load since the oven already has some energy built up.

I also tried no grind. Just tear nugs and stuff the oven like the Supreme! Wow the TA can handle it! I smashed these down and they were toasted nicely!
20220820_213148.jpg

The above avb is less enticing than the other videos for me
That may be just a usage thing as the quick shots I've seen of others are okay looking

More avb shots from users would be nice : )

Thank you @VGOODIEZ and @ShayWhiteGrow it's been great watching you enjoy the TA while I had a T break.

@felvapes whilst the heater matrix is very forgiving it will bite back if pushed hard enough. Being a manual vape you decide where you want to stop.
I have noticed that and can see different use/heating styles or times will produce a unique or personal result
I like seeing the results being gained from everyone though and how they use it to get them

As long as it doesn't try to combust through bongs or on big draws it's something that can be learned when to stop heating

I don't like having to learn a draw speed with vapes anymore to prevent combustion
I have some good ones that will work without the effort now a days
I don't mind learning a heat time
I don't want to bother learning or having to try and give a lesson to someone I pass it to anymore

@felvapes watching and hearing the feedback coming back has been a great experience.
If you use the Wand then running to the time out shouldn't see you combust. The only time it'd be close would be on a fresh charge.
Which vapes do you use on a regular basis?

So how much more flower does this cap/bowl hold compared to regular sized DV, any idea?

And given we are talking butane here can one still use it in sort of a on-demand manner as the bowl size appears to have a VERY large load capacity?

Hit it now, hit it again a hour from now, maybe after a quick stir? I mean, I realize the bowl is going to get REALLY hot but does it cool down quickly enough so that it doesn't continue to deplete the load?
How about hit it now and hit it again 20 minutes later?
Yep works fine, not as tasty but still has flavour. The Ti parts are cool enough to touch in 7-8 minutes. By cool I mean touch it to my cheek cool.
If it works for 20 minutes then it'll work for longer.
Whole nugs would probably be better. Loads of flavour left when you crumble them.

@felvapes watching and hearing the feedback coming back has been a great experience.
If you use the Wand then running to the time out shouldn't see you combust. The only time it'd be close would be on a fresh charge.
Which vapes do you use on a regular basis?

How about hit it now and hit it again 20 minutes later?
Yep works fine, not as tasty but still has flavour. The Ti parts are cool enough to touch in 7-8 minutes. By cool I mean touch it to my cheek cool.
If it works for 20 minutes then it'll work for longer.
Whole nugs would probably be better. Loads of flavour left when you crumble them.
I was liking the dv and wand with two heat cycles and the sesh was finished for a while
For quite a few months now I have pretty much been using my ball injector vapes only, until recently and the ALP has also come into rotation
None of my other 30 odd vapes get me as high or used as these ones do anymore (besides dab rigs)

The ball injectors have changed everything
And the ALP is pretty damn close for a portable

I like the look of your one heat cycle and finish a sesh design here
The vapes I mentioned I use now hit hard and extract fully and quickly with no learning curve or effort - draw, blow clouds, get high
They also produce clouds that make me understand your use of "quasi smoke" and this drew my eye the TA
The avb in some of the pics of the TA look similar

I've been on a purchase run lately and need to slow down for a while
This one got me a little vassed on the back end lol

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back