Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Hash

Trying to make some kief but life keeps interfering today..........I am going to join you @ataxian with some extremely couchlock purple Crosseyed Nancy.
Sit back and watch some old black and white sci fi and that phone can ring away.
:smug:
I’m in test mode!
Fucking strong AFGHANI CHEESE?
I need 2 finish a session.
Sorry I over did it!

Lot’s of purple?

Taste is very decent & CIVILIZED society!
U make KIEF?
I just buy it!

Last edited:
Super narcotic especially for a purple and has a sweet berry\skunk taste and smell......probably gonna keep her around and to make some seeds.
I produce all my cannabis and related consumables.............it is weird to me that you do not?
I tried going into what passes for medical dispensaries in this state and was disappointed and disillusioned.
I have never in my life seen a ounce of cannabis worth more than a hundred bucks and anyone charging more than that is a thief........just my worthless opinion of course.
Considering it costs well under five bucks a oz to produce indoors under lights and essentially nothing g outdoors or in a green house.

Super narcotic especially for a purple and has a sweet berry\skunk taste and smell......probably gonna keep her around and to make some seeds.
I produce all my cannabis and related consumables.............it is weird to me that you do not?
I tried going into what passes for medical dispensaries in this state and was disappointed and disillusioned.
I have never in my life seen a ounce of cannabis worth more than a hundred bucks and anyone charging more than that is a thief........just my worthless opinion of course.
Considering it costs well under five bucks a oz to produce indoors under lights and essentially nothing g outdoors or in a green house.
In da good old daze in Hawaii we grew acres of CANNABIS San seeds 70’s.
Of course long ago!
$5.00/gram kief in CALIFORNIA were I buy. As it last?
Rosin $20/gram.
Honey oil was the fashion for $10.00 a vile.
Thai Sticks were $10! (VIETNAM from da war soldiers would pass them out.)
3 huge colas from MEXICO = $10?
Snooze U lose! U know da rule’s!
I make SHATTER sometimes however I like ROSIN more.
4-me it’s life!

Last edited:
This thread is kinda quiet, so here's a question for you hashishishins - what process do you use for hash? Bubble? Dry sift? How do you decide which micron of sift goes into hash, and which is used for 'other'?

I watched a vid where they used an agricultural pollen extractor. 5 lbs of bud/trim in (after being manually bounced on screens to get the initial powder off), and they collected after each run, which was a couple of short ones, a couple of hour runs, and finished with a 24 hour or 48 hour run - loads of sift of varying grades. Here's the vid -

This thread is kinda quiet, so here's a question for you hashishishins - what process do you use for hash? Bubble? Dry sift? How do you decide which micron of sift goes into hash, and which is used for 'other'?

I watched a vid where they used an agricultural pollen extractor. 5 lbs of bud/trim in (after being manually bounced on screens to get the initial powder off), and they collected after each run, which was a couple of short ones, a couple of hour runs, and finished with a 24 hour or 48 hour run - loads of sift of varying grades. Here's the vid -

I use bubble bags and ice as it is easy
I have a pollen catcher I keep bud in and collect this too - I usually squish this though
Dry sift is old school morrocan hash style....good stuff too but I find for smaller loads the ice bubble bags make life a lot easier

I'm partway through one of these: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-hash-tumbler.7843/
I tried bubble last year and it was a bit of a mess, and with shoulder and neck injuries it was a bit more painful than I thought really necessary. I'm thinking the tumbler will be easier on the shoulder, and with outside temps below 0c it'll run nicely in the garage.

I'm partway through one of these: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-hash-tumbler.7843/
I tried bubble last year and it was a bit of a mess, and with shoulder and neck injuries it was a bit more painful than I thought really necessary. I'm thinking the tumbler will be easier on the shoulder, and with outside temps below 0c it'll run nicely in the garage.
I like this too......
Be interested in yield comparisons between something similar to this and bubble bags

Ive been watching videos of sifting with screens and tumblers, and have been picking up tidbits of info that don't always show up in an instruction list. It looks like multiple passes of the same herb are being done, the first few being short duration, and ending with one or two 48 hour runs. The video showed a lot of pollen collected. What i infer from this is that the first few collections are mostly trichomes, but these will get more plant matter included as the runs get shorter. In one vid the grower mentions that the longer runs are destined for edibles.

So this suggests that the first runs are the ' 6*, full melt ' grade that i was introduced to in the forums. Mid runs are pressed for resin, and the more plant-matter sift is used for edibles.

I'm starting to think that dry sifting could be a very useful way to process cannabis. No solvents, no heavy bags of water, just time, mild agitation, cool temps and a 220 micron screen.

Post sift you could make budder or oil, but there might not be much left to collect.

What I picked up from those videos is that I should have a screen set up to do my nug separating from stems work, now I know why the buckets I trim into are so sticky. Looks like I have wasted a lot of good product over the years.:thumbsup:
So 220-micron s/s screen is the go to make a screen table or something?
Anyone got such a table or what do you do?

I haven't been growing, just processing herb i get through medical plan, but I'm with you @LesPlenty. I'm guilty of tossing herb into compost when it should have gotten more processing action. Fortunately we're learning other methods to get value from our plant matter, and this is why forums like this are so handy :)

Screen is available online. Once i get the sifter together I'll be making a 3x3 frame to drop buds on before they go into the machine. At least that's the plan going forward. I'm hoping to be spinning herb for the new year...

Ps - all the bags and screens ive seen for sale online use 220 as their coarse mesh, going down to 70 micron as fine mesh, with (usually) 5 different micron mesh in between. Some of the videos suggest you watch each ones output to see which is most productive with your particular strain. None of them are bad, it's just that one or two odd them will be the 6*. You could use 220 to capture most, and then further refine with smaller screens. This is the first set i tried - https://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=2PCdrysiftkit

Last edited:
I like the idea of this dry sifter method
Watching this thread with keen Interest
Could be less messy and less drying/chopping to get moisture out

220 is too big for a final cut @LesPlenty

Same as with Ice bubble bags
220 is working bag
160 is waste too but can be used as edible or weaker sesh

The 3 golden bags are the 90 the 75 and the 25

These are where your good hash comes from mate :)

I've had a busy couple days

Squished some rosin
Made some ice bubble hash from some bud and trim/leaf n tip

And then with trim/AVB/squished pucksi made some hash oil :)

Love the many processes from one product

20181224_212640.jpg
20181226_171538.jpg
20181226_183412.jpg
20181224_215523.jpg
20181224_212640.jpg
20181226_172138.jpg
20181224_213944.jpg

The air still is so good for purging and reclaiming your solvent :)
I now have from approx 15 L of green/black solvent reduced down to 700 ml ready for the final purge over hotplate :)

Goes in airstill green/black
Comes out crystal clear solvent :)

The bubble hash is super nice

Two runs of each filter size in pics

Greener hash is second runs

Gold/brown colour is the first and best runs

@felvapes I'm not totally clear on what you are doing here. Making bubble hash, then soaking it in alcohol, and then reducing the alcohol using the Air Still?

Great pix tho. I have a Green Oil Machine in the lab, which is pretty much the same thing. I tend to use multiple extraction methods. Most recently dry sift has been a fave. Potency is a bit of a guess without testing, but with cleaned and screened sift with minimal plant matter should be 90ish %. Once it's in sift format you can add just enough alcohol to watch the husks dissolve. It even dissolves nicely in VG for sweet tincture. A drop or two of raspberry or vanilla goes nicely in the glycerite.

So I'm thinking that after an extended sift session the herb should eb pretty much gone from the plant matter. To test this I'll freeze the leftover material and some alcohol and do a frozen extraction and reclaim that through the still, which should show if there's enough cannabinoids left on the plant to bother with a final extraction.

I tend to think in the forums, hoping that someone will either say 'thats a great idea', or the inverse 'thats pretty dumb', so any feedback is happily appreciated :)

Last edited:
@felvapes I'm not totally clear on what you are doing here. Making bubble hash, then soaking it in alcohol, and then reducing the alcohol using the Air Still?

Great pix tho. I have a Green Oil Machine in the lab, which is pretty much the same thing. I tend to use multiple extraction methods. Most recently dry sift has been a fave. Potency is a bit of a guess without testing, but with cleaned and screened sift with minimal plant matter should be 90ish %. Once it's in sift format you can add just enough alcohol to watch the husks dissolve. It even dissolves nicely in VG for sweet tincture. A drop or two of raspberry or vanilla goes nicely in the glycerite.

So I'm thinking that after an extended sift session the herb should eb pretty much gone from the plant matter. To test this I'll freeze the leftover material and some alcohol and do a frozen extraction and reclaim that through the still, which should show if there's enough cannabinoids left on the plant to bother with a final extraction.

I tend to think in the forums, hoping that someone will either say 'thats a great idea', or the inverse 'thats pretty dumb', so any feedback is happily appreciated :)
Here I have shown two different methods I did

First was ice bubble hash
That is left as a product

The next was using AVB, pucks from rosin squishes and also the wet material from making ice bubble hash all in together with solvent to make hash oil
I use the still to reduce/purge and reclaim the solvent and with less fumes

Final purge I do over hotplate and beakers

Two different products in one post
Sorry for the confusion

I make rosin
I make ice bubble hash

Then I save AVB and pucks from rosin and wet material from ice bubble and I make oil from these and trim or old bud

I am interested in making one of these dry sifters although would love some form of comparison in yeilds

The dry sifter is easily made with a chook rotisserie and could make life easier

Last edited:
Thanks @felvapes - appreciate the added info. I like that you have 2 'specialities'. I've been testing and trialling a number of different options. I have a wierd background and like to try different ways of doing things, and cannabis has been a great compound to research. I've decided that solvent concentrates, while popular with many people, aren't really my thing. Oddly enough I know what a chook is, and have one of them fancy chook spinners on a shelf just waiting to get put into a box. Regarding yield, with the right screen the system should be capable of yields similar to bubble, but without the water, bouncing, drying or microplaning steps. Combined with the initial trimming screen bouncing, then into the sifter for several runs - the first few runs would be short 3 minute runs, and when those start producing less let the machine tumble for 24-48 hours. Yields will be dependent on things like strain, dryness, and temperature, but whatever doesn't come off in the screens can go into a bucket of oil or alcohol for final extraction. This is the plan in my head, but will likely be tested soon enough.

Thanks @felvapes - appreciate the added info. I like that you have 2 'specialities'. I've been testing and trialling a number of different options. I have a wierd background and like to try different ways of doing things, and cannabis has been a great compound to research. I've decided that solvent concentrates, while popular with many people, aren't really my thing. Oddly enough I know what a chook is, and have one of them fancy chook spinners on a shelf just waiting to get put into a box. Regarding yield, with the right screen the system should be capable of yields similar to bubble, but without the water, bouncing, drying or microplaning steps. Combined with the initial trimming screen bouncing, then into the sifter for several runs - the first few runs would be short 3 minute runs, and when those start producing less let the machine tumble for 24-48 hours. Yields will be dependent on things like strain, dryness, and temperature, but whatever doesn't come off in the screens can go into a bucket of oil or alcohol for final extraction. This is the plan in my head, but will likely be tested soon enough.
I also prefer no solvent
I like the bubble hash and rosin
The oil I make is merely to get the last of the goodness out of everything before composting as I hate to waste so much

So I end up with 3 products from my material

4 if you include vaping flower itself

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back