Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Universe's Mysteries

There probably was no way you were prepared for either experience and you had to make sense of what you were seeing at the time perhaps
Understatement lol. The first time I actually fell backwards from the shock of what I was seeing. :lol: And that time it wasn't in the sky. It was underneath the water in an area that there was no type of water craft.

The second time it was in the sky, however. And they mimicked the flight pattern that is often described as somewhat erratic. And then just 'winked' out and disappeared. Both occasions were a surprise. But the first one was a true wtf moment.

BTW, I have heard one explanation for ghosts, but it is an even stranger premise. People are levitating and throwing things around with their subconciuos?
I do believe the human mind has the power to move things. But I don't believe that was ever the case with the home I lived in that was haunted. It wasn't just things moving. Doors that were unlocked would be locked, furniture would be in different places when we got home and there were appearances. And I, fortunately, wasn't the only one to see it.

There is a lot more new science and brain mapping regarding Out of body experiences
Interesting reading! That doesn't explain the people that say they 'fly' when leaving their body though (although this seems to happen mostly in dream state). These accounts seem to point more to staying in a sort of hover position over your body.

I've also seen the spirit leave a body at death three times. And while in the last hospice ward with my father, saw many of the spirits that had deceased on that floor moving about.
If it isn't too chilling, were these spirits moving aimlessly or lost or in any sort of pattern? My dad had an OOBE when he was in the hospital and I wasn't at all surprised that he could experience it at the time. It seemed normal to me at the time his description of himself as he was hovering over his body while the doctor was working on him. I will look into more hospital accounts with patients and the number of occurrences.

Interesting reading! That doesn't explain the people that say they 'fly' when leaving their body though (although this seems to happen mostly in dream state). These accounts seem to point more to staying in a sort of hover position over your body.
There maybe some possible explanation for the 'tether' people have between their body and spirit when they are hovering/traveling/flying/in some other realm. I also believe the time experienced in an deep OOB state can be different than time in this realm. But there is also a subjective interpretation of time also.
disintegrationofpersistencememory.jpg

I had a very intense OOBE experience when I was extremely tired once. How I got tired involved walking around lost all day in a town I was unfamiliar with and hitching a ride home. Well, I got home in the late hours and a short time after I collapsed on my bed. (KIM I was living in an older Victorian era house with a tall ceiling at the time.) Anyway, when I was OOB, I was spinning around the top third of the room like some sort of ceiling fan. Spinning so fast, I saw the light entering my room from the side windows every time I turned that corner of the room. Like a bird trapped in a small room, I kept spinning in that circle till I awoke and snapped back into my body.

If it isn't too chilling, were these spirits moving aimlessly or lost or in any sort of pattern?
Tbh I was sort of focused on my dad... so I didn't pay as much attention as I normally would. But they seemed to 'pass by' like they were drifting. My feeling was that they were 'lost souls;' which is what I feel most ghosts are. By 'lost souls' I mean people who have unfinished business and can't move on. So I guess they would be classified as 'aimless' rather than with purpose.

. I also believe the time experienced in an deep OOB state can be different than time in this realm.
Right? Like time is warped.....

I had a very intense OOBE experience when I was extremely tired once
Your experience does't sound pleasant at all. My out of body experiences were all on LSD and all while awake. And not unpleasant, but a bit scary. Two were just sort of flying upwards from my body towards space after looking up at the sky.. Sort of like being in a standing position and blasting off.

The third was much weirder. I remember being with a small group of friends and we had candles lit. I was sitting on the floor in the lotus position, holding a prism in my hand and making the light from the flame of the candle go around it's perimeter by moving it in a circular motion. I saw a beam of light going up my arm from it and encircling my body. In my mind I was sitting on a beam of multi colored swirling light going towards an eye..... I heard a distant voice yelling OMG and my name and sort of snapped out of it. That person said all she could see while I was in that state was the outline of my body and colors swirling inside of it. Now... what actually happened I have no idea. But I definitely felt detached from my physical body.

By 'lost souls' I mean people who have unfinished business and can't move on. So I guess they would be classified as 'aimless' rather than with purpose.
I'm getting an impression of their movements and what they convey.

Right? Like time is warped.....
Like time is warped in this realm. So many ways to touch upon that subject. I had the classic case example of time slowing down when you are in a car accident. My brakes locked on my Pinto and I was on a dirt road going downhill. It rolled down the hill into the grass and slowed down feet before a tree. But it seemed in my head like several seconds and me deciding whether to jump out the side door. On the calmer end of things. I have had a few micro naps in my car at a rest stop where I close my eyes and tune out the external and get in a lengthy trance and later feel the teather snap me back to the car. I forgot who and where I was for a sec, like I leaped back into my body, but felt refreshed. Or maybe that's just nodding off?

That person said all she could see while I was in that state was the outline of my body and colors swirling inside of it. Now... what actually happened I have no idea. But I definitely felt detached from my physical body.
That is eerie. Was this in a very dark room ore open area? Did she dose? So many ways to wrap my head around that.

Your experience does't sound pleasant at all. My out of body experiences were all on LSD and all while awake. And not unpleasant, but a bit scary. Two were just sort of flying upwards from my body towards space after looking up at the sky.. Sort of like being in a standing position and blasting off
Guess you were more prepared for the trip (with tickets in advance:angel2:) where I was more shanghaied. :lmao: I do ask how people fly in dreams. Arms up or down. Do the arms guide the flight like in aircraft. Or do you float like a soap bubble? Now your entry point into your OOBE under LSD and how you blast off. Wow. :whoa: Was it the same with your group? Do you feel the earth bound tether? or just the pull you return?

I have had a few micro naps in my car at a rest stop where I close my eyes and tune out the external and get in a lengthy trance and later feel the teather snap me back to the car. I forgot who and where I was for a sec, like I leaped back into my body, but felt refreshed. Or maybe that's just nodding off?

My totally unscientific feeling is that when we fall asleep we enter a more heightened consciousness because it's unfettered by the thinking of the awake mind. One could say that we 'remove' ourselves from our consciousness to some extent. So while it might not be an true OOBE, it's still a form of it.

How about the hypnic jerk; when you are sleeping and you wake up suddenly because you feel like you've been falling? I'm not talking about the one while falling asleep. I'm talking about the one when you are fast asleep and wake up suddenly with that elevator feeling.

There's an old tale that it's gremlins throwing you off a roof and catching you right before you wake up and placing you back in your bed. :lol: I'm inclined to think, however, that it's a type of OOBE and that one is experiencing the 'snap back.'

That is eerie. Was this in a very dark room ore open area? Did she dose?
It was in an average size room with a few lamps on and the candles. A typical get together 'back in the day' with music, candles, etc. Not dark by any means.... but not bright light either. All of us had dosed.

I do ask how people fly in dreams. Arms up or down. Do the arms guide the flight like in aircraft. Or do you float like a soap bubble? Now your entry point into your OOBE under LSD and how you blast off. Wow. :whoa: Was it the same with your group? Do you feel the earth bound tether? or just the pull you return?
My husband used to fly in his dreams all of the time. He says he seems to remember his arms out like he was guiding himself with wings. I'd love for @mvapes to chime in here because I know he's flown in his sleep as well.

During all of my OOBE experiences I felt the return back... but the blast offs were a bit different. It was more of an elevator feeling where I sort of 'whooshed' back into my body rather than the snap I felt in the group experience.

My totally unscientific feeling is that when we fall asleep we enter a more heightened consciousness because it's unfettered by the thinking of the awake mind. One could say that we 'remove' ourselves from our consciousness to some extent. So while it might not be an true OOBE, it's still a form of it.
I do agree that it possible to enter that heightened level of consciousness and other times I feel sleep can be like defraging your hard drive or rearranging books on your book shelf . You have thousands of memories, thoughts and impressions, etc pass over your senses every day and during a restful sleep your unconscious mind unpacks all those memories and places them in categories it understands. So you are prepared for the next day's worth of sensory input.

LSD removes some of the external filters and our sense of time and permanence. One can possibly experience 'the eternal'. Also the mind has to make sense of these unfamiliar patterns of light and sound and perhaps fill in those dark areas. I'm not at all being skeptical about what your friend witnesses. Just how her mind might be processing things compared to the external realm and what she was 'seeing.' I believe a well focused tibetian monk could just as easily seen what your friend did that evening without chemical enhancement. I've even read where certain gurus and priests don't even feel the effects of LSD. They are simply open to anything the external world wishes to reveal. I feel that is key.
quote-what-we-observe-is-not-nature-itself-but-nature-exposed-to-our-method-of-questioning-werner-heisenberg-56-57-98.jpg

My husband used to fly in his dreams all of the time. He says he seems to remember his arms out like he was guiding himself with wings. I'd love for @mvapes to chime in here because I know he's flown in his sleep as well.
Does he have a sensation of wind or air passing over him? Is there a sound of the air ripping?

So many things can be revealed about the dream realm and the physical rules one chooses to 'agree with' inside that realm.

During all of my OOBE experiences I felt the return back... but the blast offs were a bit different. It was more of an elevator feeling where I sort of 'whooshed' back into my body rather than the snap I felt in the group experience.
During my OOBE from being tired. I felt manic acceleration and could see the light from my windows on my right side every time I circled by them. The angle of the light and the 4 corners of the ceiling kept whizzing by me. Maybe your gremlin friends were having a huge laugh spinning me around like I'm part of the ceiling fan. :biggrin:

I'm not at all being skeptical about what your friend witnesses. Just how her mind might be processing things compared to the external realm and what she was 'seeing.'
I suppose it could be argued that there is a possibility that she was tuning in to what I was 'seeing' in my mind. And not actually seeing something with her eyes...

Does he have a sensation of wind or air passing over him? Is there a sound of the air ripping?
I'll have to ask when he gets back in town.... And I'm still hoping that @mvapes will come on and talk about his own experiences with this. I've actually talked to him more about it than my husband, lol. I know that after flying, mvapes experienced extreme fatigue and felt he actually had a bit of windburn on his face. But I'd rather he explained it...

During my OOBE from being tired. I felt manic acceleration and could see the light from my windows on my right side every time I circled by them. The angle of the light and the 4 corners of the ceiling kept whizzing by me. Maybe your gremlin friends were having a huge laugh spinning me around like I'm part of the ceiling fan. :biggrin:
What a bizarre thing to experience. And again; it doesn't sound pleasant. Lmao.... yup the gremlins were having a great time with you.

Another phenomenon that happens during sleep, and amazes me, is when people experience sleep paralysis and see the 'shadow people.' I understand the sleep paralysis portion of it. But the shadow people mystify me. Accounts are often the same about their appearance and actions. And they really don't seem to do any harm although they frighten the bejezus out of the person. I often wonder if they are just there to feed off the fear energy.

Lol... okay I probably sound certifiable by now. :lol:

@I'm Ron Burgundy? Thought I'd revisit the aliens, so to speak.
Astrobiology is getting a great boost, now that we can determine the composition of some planets and find that there are more planets and moons that are closer to the habitable zone. Plus we are more open minded to other types of biospheres could exist under different types of heat, pressure, gravitational and atmospheric conditions, etc. Other chemical makeups besides our mostly carbon based life forms.

There is enough developing to watch the news.
What is Astrobiology? - Astrobiology

It's Official. In 2025, NASA and the ESA Will Land on Europa to Look For Alien Life

Astrobiology: The Hunt for Alien Life - Dr Lewis Dartnell

Last edited:
For a few years I dated a girl whose best friend was and still is (i think) a professional phychic. Being in this enviroment soured me on most of what's discussed in this thread. I did want to believe, at least at first. My thought is people naturally want to believe in paranormal, so they do. Take religion or ancient myths as an example.

However as a long time meditator, I do believe there is a lot of untapped potential to the human mind. Meditation basically is just clearing your thoughts. (calming the drunken monkey) But meditation allows you to calm your emotions and thoughts and examine where they come from. It has allowed me to to change my mind and be at peace with myself. Not totally unlike what religion offers to believers. To each their own.

Last edited:
For a few years I dated a girl whose best friend was and still is (i think) a professional phychic. Being in this enviroment soured me on most of what's discussed in this thread.
Well... there are psychics... and then there are psychics. Most I've met are shams. Total scam artists. But every now and then in life you will come across someone who shakes you to your soul with what they say. I've met two of those types of people in my 65 years. One was my step mom who was an astrologer. And the other was a random man who read my palm. Both were uncanny in their accuracy with no information to base it off of.

Couple that type of experience with others I've had... I have no doubt there is something much bigger than me at work in this universe.

If it isn't too chilling, were these spirits moving aimlessly or lost or in any sort of pattern? My dad had an OOBE when he was in the hospital and I wasn't at all surprised that he could experience it at the time. It seemed normal to me at the time his description of himself as he was hovering over his body while the doctor was working on him. I will look into more hospital accounts with patients and the number of occurrences.

There maybe some possible explanation for the 'tether' people have between their body and spirit when they are hovering/traveling/flying/in some other realm. I also believe the time experienced in an deep OOB state can be different than time in this realm. But there is also a subjective interpretation of time also.
disintegrationofpersistencememory.jpg

I had a very intense OOBE experience when I was extremely tired once. How I got tired involved walking around lost all day in a town I was unfamiliar with and hitching a ride home. Well, I got home in the late hours and a short time after I collapsed on my bed. (KIM I was living in an older Victorian era house with a tall ceiling at the time.) Anyway, when I was OOB, I was spinning around the top third of the room like some sort of ceiling fan. Spinning so fast, I saw the light entering my room from the side windows every time I turned that corner of the room. Like a bird trapped in a small room, I kept spinning in that circle till I awoke and snapped back into my body.
Is not a painting by SALVADOR DALI on your wall?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back