Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Yo VA! It's been too long!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope your holidays went swimmingly.

My new job is keeping me very busy at the moment and I'm looking forward to a week off late February to hook up with @Ed's TnT and @phattpiggie in Vegas for Champs.

I've been primarily cranking out plug-in induction heaters since my last visit and of course some holiday gifts for the in-laws and my family.

I just got an order for two G43 stands so I only have one left. I'm surprised that I sold 19 out of 20 so far as production on the G43 has slowed down considerably.

These 2 are padauk and canarywood.
IMG_20200113_165816.jpg

This Mobile Executive might be my last battery powered IH purely because the battery adds so many failure points. I haven't had any problems yet, but can't afford to put myself in a position to cover shipping back and forth when so many are international. I might reconsider later but I love the simplicity of the plug-in heaters.

Anyway, this one is walnut, wenge and purpleheart.
IMG_20200105_083618.jpg

I prototyped the Cow-catcher IH. The prototype was in 150 year old reclaimed chestnut.

This was a fun one. My first production Cow-catcher in bloodwood, wenge and purpleheart.
IMG_20191229_123208.jpg

Cutting boards for mother-in-law and mom in walnut, hard maple, chakte viga and mahogany.
IMG_20191223_232407.jpg

4 Zombies in bocote, canarywood, chakte viga and one in purpleheart/canarywood. That was a crazy piece of canarywood!
picture1576090920.jpg

4 mallets that I somehow didn't get a good shot of (My dad got one).
IMG_20191201_132222.jpg

And a batch of Pipsqueaks!
IMG_20191106_053202.jpg

I've got a few things in the pipeline too but I'm having trouble finding the time at the moment. Hopefully work will settle down a bit and I can spend some evenings and weekends testing out some ideas.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is kicking butt!

Yo VA! It's been too long!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope your holidays went swimmingly.

My new job is keeping me very busy at the moment and I'm looking forward to a week off late February to hook up with @Ed's TnT and @phattpiggie in Vegas for Champs.

I've been primarily cranking out plug-in induction heaters since my last visit and of course some holiday gifts for the in-laws and my family.

I just got an order for two G43 stands so I only have one left. I'm surprised that I sold 19 out of 20 so far as production on the G43 has slowed down considerably.

These 2 are padauk and canarywood.
View attachment 15603

This Mobile Executive might be my last battery powered IH purely because the battery adds so many failure points. I haven't had any problems yet, but can't afford to put myself in a position to cover shipping back and forth when so many are international. I might reconsider later but I love the simplicity of the plug-in heaters.

Anyway, this one is walnut, wenge and purpleheart.
View attachment 15604

I prototyped the Cow-catcher IH. The prototype was in 150 year old reclaimed chestnut.

This was a fun one. My first production Cow-catcher in bloodwood, wenge and purpleheart.
View attachment 15605

Cutting boards for mother-in-law and mom in walnut, hard maple, chakte viga and mahogany.
View attachment 15606

4 Zombies in bocote, canarywood, chakte viga and one in purpleheart/canarywood. That was a crazy piece of canarywood!
View attachment 15607

4 mallets that I somehow didn't get a good shot of (My dad got one).
View attachment 15608
And a batch of Pipsqueaks!
View attachment 15614

I've got a few things in the pipeline too but I'm having trouble finding the time at the moment. Hopefully work will settle down a bit and I can spend some evenings and weekends testing out some ideas.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is kicking butt!

Still loving my G43 stand, mate. Just love it.

Best of luck going forward. Onward and upward, always.

Cheers

Woot woot, always impressive work bro, you continue to kill it piece after piece.

Wont be long so looking forward to that time away with you guys.

Take care, see ya soon!

@Timberhead .......ya know sometimes I go over to your site just to drool over the artwork! :rofl:
And if I didn`t already have a plug-in IH from Master PP and a battery-powered IH from Pipes, I would definitely pull the trigger on this beauty! Then again who knows, I might just succumb one of these days to IHAS on this one anyway!? :aaaaa:

IMG_20191229_123755-scaled-e1577749538558.jpg

Hey again VA!

I just finished a new prototype for a Bluetooth boombox with an IH that I've been working on for quite some time.

I knew that I wanted it to sound better than even the higher end bluetooth boomboxes already out there and I wanted it to get loud as I imagined taking it camping.

Of course Vapcaps and loud music don't go particularly well together, so there's that!

It was a fun and challenging build.

50w per channel with crossovers and passive radiators on sides
Aux input and Bluetooth
24v with power supply
21v on battery packs
2 5S battery packs for a total of 10 18650 batteries
2 11mm Vapcap holes
1 1/2" x 1/2" magnet
Slot to store Vapcaps or hold phone/tablet upright
Power breakout board
Current regulator to IH that outputs 12v 6a to IH

IMG_20200619_155058.jpg
IMG_20200619_155048.jpg

IMG_20200619_155251_964.jpg

IMG_20200619_155247_152.jpg

I am already considering what changes to make to the design and components and might make a second prototype straight away.

I hope everyone is well and staying sane!

Last edited:
Yo VA!

I've been trying (unsuccessfully for the most part) different designs on a smaller portable IH.

The tide may be turning however!
I can't tell you how relieved I am to actually push out a couple of small portable builds.

These still need the battery indicator installed.

These are not perfect and I'm sure there will be some changes but allow me to introduce the Timberhead Matron portable IH with a 1,000 mAh battery.

The woods are kiaat and purpleheart on one and all mahogany on the other.
IMG_20200801_084427.jpg
IMG_20200801_084417.jpg
IMG_20200801_084407.jpg
IMG_20200801_084400.jpg
IMG_20200801_090051_381.jpg

An English friend unknowingly named it with this reference:

Please stay calm, sane and healthy!

Last edited:
Hey VA!

So I've been getting much more into electronics lately with the heaters that I've been working on. I have been updating all of my electronics tools and got a bit fed up with my soldering iron stands. Every one that I tried was a bit janky and didn't hold the iron as securely as I wanted.

So I started working on an alternative design for my own iron but also a Christmas present for my dad who has the same iron as I do.
I grabbed some scraps and cobbled this together out of some curly, wormy walnut that wasn't quite good enough to sell.

IMG_20200829_144138.jpg

The iron fits perfectly and it's super easy to cradle it in the stand. As a bonus I could add storage for the different tips that the iron comes with.

As luck would have it, I caught wind of the new terp torch vape and thought that the same design just might work so I ordered one and began sorting out any changes that I might want to make specific to the terp torch.

As an FYI, I paid full price for the terp torch.
Here is the prototype that's heading to Cali for some rigorous testing!
IMG_20200830_173033.jpg
IMG_20200830_173059.jpg
IMG_20200830_173225.jpg

As of now I'm going to make a small batch of these.

Thanks and I hope you are all calm and healthy!

Holy crap VA. It's been nearly eight months since I posted last. I hope everyone is staying sane, being kind and kicking ass.

I just wanted to drop some pics of recent pieces.

This was a super challenging IH to get together. Nearly impossible to align the live edge perfectly and took quite a while to clean the seam up.
PXL_20210128_221611348~2.jpg

PXL_20210128_221745167~2.jpg

PXL_20210128_221606947~2.jpg

PXL_20210128_221601302.MP~2.jpg

And my most recent prototypes for a dab station.
One in mahogany and one in black limba.
The funny thing here is that I had nothing to test them once complete.
PXL_20210328_152058442.jpg

PXL_20210328_152041506.jpg

PXL_20210328_150519334.jpg

PXL_20210328_150452306.jpg

Spreading love from Pittsburgh!

Hey again VA,

It's getting hot in Pittsburgh but thankfully not as crazy hot as in the northwest US. I hope everyone in the heatwave is finding a way to stay cool and safe.

I've been really focused on tightening up my pid builds and thankfully folks have been ordering them so that I get the opportunity.

The only component that wasn't completely recessed on my first couple of pid builds was the controller itself. It has a rather thick lip on the outside that protrudes about 5mm.

It was a bit challenging ironing out a repeatable and accurate way to align the recess but I am believe that I have it nailed down.

These first ones were to test how thinly I could make the pid and to test the recess.

I discovered that I really hadn't cleared out enough space for the massive amount of wires so I redid my template to make it easier to cleanly run the wires.

Then came my first dual pid setup with the additional space for the wires.

Another dual pid with an IH heading to Thailand.

I also wanted to test out how securely I could hold the elev8r in an 18mm glass fitting.

Once again I retooled the template to more securely hold the pid. This is also the reason that I tried to work out the pid in the first place...to combine an enail and IH in one piece.

The blank space on the left side is for either a flowerpot post or an 18mm glass fitting to securely hold a dc elv8r and similar style vapes. It will be up to the customer.

I hope nobody minds the IG links.
I believe that you can view them without an account and they each contain multiple images.

Take care everyone!

Last edited:
Hey again VA,

It's getting hot in Pittsburgh but thankfully not as crazy hot as in the northwest US. I hope everyone in the heatwave is finding a way to stay cool and safe.

I've been really focused on tightening up my pid builds and thankfully folks have been ordering them so that I get the opportunity.

The only component that wasn't completely recessed on my first couple of pid builds was the controller itself. It has a rather thick lip on the outside that protrudes about 5mm.

It was a bit challenging ironing out a repeatable and accurate way to align the recess but I am believe that I have it nailed down.

These first ones were to test how thinly I could make the pid and to test the recess.

I discovered that I really hadn't cleared out enough space for the massive amount of wires so I redid my template to make it easier to cleanly run the wires.

Then came my first dual pid setup with the additional space for the wires.

Another dual pid with an IH heading to Thailand.

I also wanted to test out how securely I could hold the elev8r in an 18mm glass fitting.

Once again I retooled the template to more securely hold the pid. This is also the reason that I tried to work out the pid in the first place...to combine an email and IH in one piece.

The blank space on the left side is for either a flowerpot post or an 18mm glass fitting to securely hold a dc elv8r and similar style vapes. It will be up to the customer.

I hope nobody minds the IG links.
I believe that you can view them without an account and they each contain multiple images.

Take care everyone!

Just a newbie admiring your work
Just getting to the part of the forum that gets into induction heating (hope I have that right)
Still have several months of reading and watching videos before I can truly appreciate a lot of the work that goes on here
Just amazing!

Edit: using the word just a lot seems to be a symptom of a Sunday morning stone

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back