Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Titanium or stainless

Just curious which vape you'll be using it with....?
The first stop will be at an LSV that has some total weight and size considerations due to the stand that is getting used. However, in the end it will get used with any bit of kit that it will work well with. For the most part, I steer away from metal in an air path, but I am willing to learn and maybe change. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
A quick question about people's preferences for titanium or stainless steel and why. Looking at an adapter from Ddave that offers both options. Thanks https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p126/The_Omega_Vaporizer_Wand_&_Mod_Kits_(Arizer,_7th_Floor,_RBT,_ModPod,_&_more...).html
I bought his Ti VapCap stem to replace the glass one that broke. I like it a lot and as he said, its not a standard 18mm joint....its more an 18/19 than an 18/21 (defines the angle of the joint) in order to fit a lot of diff stuff.

I like the Ti but frankly its mostly macht nichts.

Curious why not glass?
Glass stems are a PIA. They break...easily. They are VERY hard to get the inside dimension precise and consistent as its blown glass. Even stems from Epic sometimes will not fit over the end of the cartridge heater and I have had to have them send me another.

Metal, however, is durable and can be machined to as tight of tolerances as you would wish.

Cheers

Stainless because I am allergic to titanium.
Hi arb, I also think i'am allergic to titanium, I got a burning sensation in my mouth, and after use (Dynavaps)I get sort of "zoeloe" looking lips.(good for kissing though:razz2:).when I use stainless steel stem or custom made(by Trift Drifter)wood stems I do not experience this at all, so I reckon it's indeed allergic to titanium....
I'm curious, what are your allergic symptoms? also becoming a great kisser?:biggrin:.

Also ,but this might be a complete different tread, I always was under the impression that any metal in the vapour path would diminish the taste, (which is why I was quietly wondering why S&B had stainless steel top chambers with the volcano line.
but after buying a stainless steel cooling unit for my Crafty+,and the taste is with that imho more punctuated.than original plastic CU.....I think my line of thinking about stainless steel robbing taste was perhaps not on point....:thinker:...
I actually like that taste profile (okay I am a low temp herb vapour lover, I admit....)more than the plastic original CU.:freak:.

Hi arb, I also think i'am allergic to titanium, I got a burning sensation in my mouth, and after use (Dynavaps)I get sort of "zoeloe" looking lips.(good for kissing though:razz2:).when I use stainless steel stem or custom made(by Trift Drifter)wood stems I do not experience this at all, so I reckon it's indeed allergic to titanium....
I'm curious, what are your allergic symptoms? also becoming a great kisser?:biggrin:.

Also ,but this might be a complete different tread, I always was under the impression that any metal in the vapour path would diminish the taste, (which is why I was quietly wondering why S&B had stainless steel top chambers with the volcano line.
but after buying a stainless steel cooling unit for my Crafty+,and the taste is with that imho more punctuated.than original plastic CU.....I think my line of thinking about stainless steel robbing taste was perhaps not on point....:thinker:...
I actually like that taste profile (okay I am a low temp herb vapour lover, I admit....)more than the plastic original CU.:freak:.
Welcome to Vape Asylum . I like enjoy wood, glass, metal, hell Ill stick a tip in an apple and vape it (then you get to eat it) :biggrin:

Titanium heats up and cools down quicker than SS - which will affect the way it performs
They make hip replacements n things out of Ti as you're less likely to have an adverse reaction and it's more resistant to corrosion

With the Vapcap I prefer the flavour of an SS tip and find Ti tips (and my Flowerpot) a bit muted so I think I may also be in the "sensitive to Ti " catagory

With my LSV I like to use a long RBT xl8r style stem (top hat or stem fill)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back