Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Toast

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
After much discussion this morning regarding this with @Stevenski , what started as a joke has now become a pressing question. :biggrin:

daily_picdump_3188_640_31.jpg

Now... once answered, this led to when to put the butter on. Here in the U.S. butter is put on while the toast is warm. But in Denmark, for instance, butter is applied to the toast once cooled so that it doesn't melt.

And then comes the question of how much butter? Do you use anything else?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Personally, I go for the #11 or # 13 if I'm settling. Certainly not #16 which is basically warmed bread. Or #1 which... let's face it is ossified. :uhoh:

Now when to put the butter on is the next issue. I go both ways... depending on what I'm doing with the toast. If using in a sandwich, I don't want the butter (or mayo) to melt. Or, if having a slice of cheese on it....
But if spreading jam on in the morning, I like it with a thin smear of melted butter.

Of course then there's the issue of calories. And eating the toast dry with the jam....

So... which is it for you? And what do you do to it once toasted?

I don't like stale bread. Toast is warmed stale bread. :biggrin:

I'm somewhere between 7-11 on the toast scale. I prefer to toast my bread in a pan rather than a toaster. It provides more even toasting imo.
Toppings; peanut butter, butter butter (applied when toast is still warm) and various jams. It must be jelly cause jam don't shake that!

#11, lots of soft butter while the toast is still hot followed by a thin sparsely coat of Vegemite.:hungry:

I like when it's toasted to 11. And it needs to be made after the coffee is made, and juice poured, etc. Last, so it isn't cold and soggy. Then just marmalade. The dog wants to eat it if it's got almond butter. @Madri-Guy, are you paying attention? Toast is a dish best served not cold.
If you do toast it the way Mummy likes, I'll buy you that Hello Kitty toaster you've been wanting.
downloadfile-288.jpg

Right after high school in 1985 my best friend and I did the backpack across Europe thing.
On an overnight boat ride from Greece to Italy the concession stand, which of course was closed in the middle of the night, had fancy signs promoting"Toast."
In our compromised state we found this infinitely funny. Like toast was the next big thing.
I never got to try their version but if I had I would have hoped for an 11.

Right after high school in 1985 my best friend and I did the backpack across Europe thing.
On an overnight boat ride from Greece to Italy the concession stand, which of course was closed in the middle of the night, had fancy signs promoting"Toast."
In our compromised state we found this infinitely funny. Like toast was the next big thing.
I never got to try their version but if I had I would have hoped for an 11.
Sounds like a return trip might be called for, @Timberhead. It would be worth it if they get it right.

picU6lL4H.jpg

I never butter my toast, unless I'm putting cinnamon and sugar on it, and I haven't done that in years. Possibly decades. When I did make cinnamon toast, I put on sugar then dumped on the cinnamon. None of this mixing the cinnamon and sugar together business the kids are up to these days. Wait.
Kids don't eat cinnamon toast any more, do they? I don't, and I know what it is.
Kinda makes me teeth hurt just thinking about it.

Last edited:
So while I usually use an electric toaster, sometimes I whip out my fancy culinary arts degree and heat my bread in a pan on the stove. My specialty is a recipe called Giant Grilled Chunk of Bread. The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
Chunk of bread
Butter

1) Preheat your grill to sizzling
2) Melt that butter.
3) Take a giant chunk of bread, and brush it with the melted butter
4) Grill the giant chunk of bread

grilled-chunk-of-bread.jpg

So while I usually use an electric toaster, sometimes I whip out my fancy culinary arts degree and heat my bread in a pan on the stove. My specialty is a recipe called Giant Grilled Chunk of Bread. The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
Chunk of bread
Butter

1) Preheat your grill to sizzling
2) Melt that butter.
3) Take a giant chunk of bread, and brush it with the melted butter
4) Grill the giant chunk of bread

View attachment 10958
The Hell you say ! ! ! Why have I never seen this Toast you speak of? Is this why the pan is always dirty when I come home ? Are you making Secret Toast?

Well I was pretty much burnt toast myself when discussing this with @momofthegoons :dog:.

Like most folks I like my toast around #13. Usually with smooth peanut butter & no butter. I like to use butter if I make a bacon or steak sandwich.

#11, lots of soft butter while the toast is still hot followed by a thin sparsely coat of Vegemite.:hungry:

Absolutely correct Les although I go for bugger all butter & Vegemite if I partake.

Now this is not toast but would be a million times better than cinnamon toast @Madri-Gal. Worst case a few hundred thousand times :smile:. A perfect snack if one is stoned & has the motivation to butter some bread. You can also swap the butter for Nutella for extra empty calories.

1477453170255.png

Fairy bread is sliced white bread spread with butter or margarine and covered with "hundreds and thousands" or sprinkles, served at children's parties in Australia and New Zealand. It is typically cut into two triangles.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back