Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Trouble at Howling Hills Farm (Home of Zaps)

Vitolo

Vaporist
SMOOTH and STEADY, SOLID AS A ROCK
Words of Rick Harlow... the Zapman.
Rick and Lady Zap have had a rough week, and could use your prayers, and support.
I've considered them closest friends, and my heart broke today when I received an email from them.

One week ago today they were home. Pat in the house, Rick up on the farm.
The youngest grandson had been shot.
Children were "playing" as with airsoft guns only this time they broke firearm safety rules which they both know automatically.
They were the only adults(except EMT, etc) who saw him at the scene.
12 gauge shotgun blast to the face.
But he is now blind. Both eyes were destroyed.
I am writing this here because Rick and Pat have SO much on their plate.
They have helped all of us here with time, tools and knowledge.
Our prayers alone are not enough.
Help us pray that the new life situation at Howling Hills Farm will stay with minimal emotional trauma.
Help us pray for inner peace and healing.
This is a young child whose life has changed permanently.
His Grandparents have been integral in the "family lifestyle" that keeps people close.
Realizing that their life is very complex at this time, you can write posts here.
Rick and Pat will get to see them.
I will make them aware of every new word spoken here.
I want us all to make sure that the Family Zap's life match the words of Rick as fast as God can allow.
SMOOTH and STEADY, SOLID AS A ROCK
Thank you for reading.
Love, Vito

Last edited:
A post I have placed on Facebook:
Over 100 low-income Airzona patients received Zap Vaporizers. The Man who created the Arizona Medical RockZaps and made this possible is now facing a family emergency. His family is in a tight spot... his grandson will be blind for life. I am directing this post to a GoFundMe page that will explain everything. Please look at the page, and the video at https://www.gofundme.com/jade-harlow-recovery-family-fund

Very upsetting to read, I can't help but feel for the whole family.

Sent a quick message to let them know I am thinking of them. I almost didn't as they don't know me from adam but I just felt compelled to reach out a little. I hope they find some peace amongst the chaos of this tragedy.

Very upsetting to read, I can't help but feel for the whole family.

Sent a quick message to let them know I am thinking of them. I almost didn't as they don't know me from adam but I just felt compelled to reach out a little. I hope they find some peace amongst the chaos of this tragedy.
That's a lovely gesture @GreenHopper ....

Rick and I go back a long time. I heard back from him and the family is holding strong. But it's just an awful situation... and they are a family of modest means. They live off the land, raise their own meat.... this is going to be an extremely hard time for them. But I am confident that they will pull through. And that Jade will gain a 'sight' to replace the one he lost.

And who knows? His optic nerve is intact (miracle upon miracles!). With technology going the way it is it wouldn't surprise me if he was given back the gift of his eyes.

That is a devastating story. As many here may know, I'm an avid shotgunner for clays and waterfowl.

This is no time for us (or anybody) to speculate on a BBS about how it happened and fault or blame. But it is an avoidable tragedy whenever there is a gun accident.

I taught at a youth clinic at a gun club in NW Baltimore county earlier last week. We had two adults on each field with 4-5 kids for safety. The instructor (me) kept all ammo and handed them out one at a time to the student on the station. When it was their turn, we handed them a gun, a shell and ensured that the gun was open and safe before they turned around off station. Some of the kids chaffed at this close control but too bad. Everybody went home safe and sound that evening.

I'm so sorry to hear about any firearm accident but in particular any accidental shooting of a young person...particularly by his brother who will live with this the rest of his life.

I'm heartbroken by this whole story and sympathize with the father who, rightly so, felt that he instilled total gun safety on his boys. But kids are still kids and they tend to lose focus and sometimes act impulsively. I wish I could restore that one boys vision and lift the burden of guilt from the other boy.

Just awful in every way.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back