Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Underdog

What I love about a log vape & my UD is no exception is they are always ready, always there & unobtrusive as well. To me a log vape spells class.

i am looking forward to my first log vape! i'm on the list for a "fyt" underdog ... all the log vapes look good to me ... honestly part of my decision on the ud was to help out after the devastating fire ... and having a vape with a "backstory" ie the fuck you tree is pretty cool!

I use something else.

Why are you a fan?
For me the primary consideration is the aesthetic. I know this is taking the functionality for granted - if it don't heat the herb to the required temp then it aint a vape.
I came within seconds of pulling the trigger on a perfectly functional piece of plastic and metal - but I paused to think about what it would look like on my desktop for years to come.
After that relvalation the choice of a log was easy. My UD is now over 3 years old, works perfectly, and is still makes a beautiful contribution to my living environment.
Indeed, it was the inspiration behind a project to build my own log vape. Had to learn a whole bunch of new skills, buy tools and materials and have now built three working logs.

For me the primary consideration is the aesthetic. I know this is taking the functionality for granted - if it don't heat the herb to the required temp then it aint a vape.
I came within seconds of pulling the trigger on a perfectly functional piece of plastic and metal - but I paused to think about what it would look like on my desktop for years to come.
After that relvalation the choice of a log was easy. My UD is now over 3 years old, works perfectly, and is still makes a beautiful contribution to my living environment.
Indeed, it was the inspiration behind a project to build my own log vape. Had to learn a whole bunch of new skills, buy tools and materials and have now built three working logs.
I most likely have a different take?
Real ESTATE, STOCKS & BONDS might be a better investment?
Wood for the shell or covering of the heater?
PLASTIC is more cost effective?
Bling or Function = perception or opinion?
Not to Hitch Slap you?
Minor bird human?
Indoor outdoor?
GDP PINEAPPLE EXPRESS?

Last edited:

Not to derail but that sounds cool as all hell & if you want to share anything on your logs you can do so in our Misc log vape thread.

@ataxian While I am guilty of indulging in wood as bling, even basic it is just a more natural feel and sight than plastic.. a plastic log vape just wouldn’t be the same..

A plastic log just sounds repulsive to me. An abomination of the first order. After all a log vape is made from a fucking log :lol:

@ataxian Whatever you are most comfortable with. I have absolutely no wish to be prescriptive on the issue. I speak only for myself.
Another way of framing this log vs non-log debate is to consider their production. People like Dave UD or Ed WS and others like them are true craftsmen. Each unit they build is made by hand.
It takes great skill and minute attention to detail (trust me on that - I'm learning the hard way!). And it takes a profound concern for the person who is going to be using it - which is why their CS is second to none.
It also explains why log users feel themselves to be part of a community.
Compare that with a perfectly functional desktop vape that comes with a perfectly adequate warranty... that is made in a factory somewhere. That works for some people, yes. Just not for me.

@Stevenski Many thanks for the encouragement. My efforts to date would look hoplessly amateur next to the many beautiful logs shown on that thread. But I guess there are worse things in life than being regarded as hoplessly amateur, eh?

@ataxian Whatever you are most comfortable with. I have absolutely no wish to be prescriptive on the issue. I speak only for myself.
Another way of framing this log vs non-log debate is to consider their production. People like Dave UD or Ed WS and others like them are true craftsmen. Each unit they build is made by hand.
It takes great skill and minute attention to detail (trust me on that - I'm learning the hard way!). And it takes a profound concern for the person who is going to be using it - which is why their CS is second to none.
It also explains why log users feel themselves to be part of a community.
Compare that with a perfectly functional desktop vape that comes with a perfectly adequate warranty... that is made in a factory somewhere. That works for some people, yes. Just not for me.

@Stevenski Many thanks for the encouragement. My efforts to date would look hoplessly amateur next to the many beautiful logs shown on that thread. But I guess there are worse things in life than being regarded as hoplessly amateur, eh?
I had a large wood shop before I got sick! Sorry to offend!
I have a lathe for making stuff full of dust!
Your so correct.

Where my dogs @????
4jK8hzI.jpg
o1POqrY.jpg

Attachments

• Rf6BNG1.jpg
    Rf6BNG1.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 116
Ran into an old friend today. My burled walnut underdog.

I found my power supply and set it to 11v. Then I mated it to a water piece that I won here (m&m?). It's the perfect size for a log. Small but not tiny.

Very nice session, great terpenes. I forgot how good these dogs can be.

I occasionally bust out my pup Shredder. I don't believe I have a more efficient vape than my UD. It is a total miser when it comes to consumption.

I occasionally bust out my pup Shredder. I don't believe I have a more efficient vape than my UD. It is a total miser when it comes to consumption.
My PLENTY taste great but not the best for consumption!
EVO taste great and consumption is low.
I use many other’s these two are TOP choice ‘s!
I’m certain other’s may disagree?
I bought these!

NANO is similar to a underdog and fits my water pipes well,
Pretty simple really log vapes?
Power + heating rod + sized to fit a GonG?
Any lathe + material 4 da cover + averting (marketing) = ?

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back