Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Updated Linx Gaia

Linx Vapor

Manufacturer
Hi Vapor Asylum members, Eddie with Linx Vapor here

I wanted to touch base with you all and tell you about the newest upgrade of the Linx Gaia. As some of you may know, the original Linx Gaia was our first venture into dry herb vaporizers. It was one of the first All Quartz oven dry herb vaporizers on the market that used hybrid heating (convection and conduction). It used air to insulate the oven and had temperature variability down to the degree.

But there was something missing. As great as the Linx Gaia was, we felt we could improve on the hybrid style heating. So we went back to the drawing board and I am happy to report that we have made some major upgrades in this department.

The Linx Gaia is now nearly 100% convection! We put some serious R&D into this redesigned heating system and we hope you love it as much as we do.

The upgraded Linx Gaia still has all the other features that made the Original Linx Gaia so special. The Air Insulation avoids the use of any insulation materials like Silica Aerogels. The design quality and the materials used in its construction offer a premium feel while its small size makes it one of the most well built and portable vaporizers around. The Borosilicate mouthpiece delivers unrivaled flavor and the All Quartz chamber lets you taste the wonderful terpenes locked inside your cannabis. As budding Cannabis Connoisseurs (as I imagine we all are) taste is one of the most important factors to consider. The Linx Gaia is built for taste with the flavor connoisseur in mind. We here at Linx Vapor will keep pushing for healthier better tasting vaporizers that wont break the bank. The Updated Linx Gaia comes in at $159.00, same price as the original.

The Upgraded Linx Gaia comes complete with OLED screen, 2200 mAH battery, signature glass mouthpiece, magnetic cap and tool, cleaning brush, and a dual head Micro USB/lightning port charger. Linx Vapor includes a free one-year limited warranty on every vaporizer.

To help celebrate the release of the newly upgraded Linx Gaia, we have developed a new elegant gold finish.The perfect combination of innovation, style and functionality has arrived.

Linx-gaia-dry-herb-vaporizer-gold_99b24f74-bb04-4a5f-9bda-a1e7f735ed90_1200x.jpg

We will be offering 10% off to all Vapor Asylum members, simply use the coupon code: LINXVA10. Coupon expires on 10/29/17.

We are very excited about the new upgraded Linx Gaia. See for yourself, visit the site for more information.

https://linxvapor.com/products/gaia?variant=773911412760

As each innovation is a painstaking effort, our team keeps pushing the envelope.
Thanks and Enjoy!

I was given the opportunity to try the new Gaia this week. Thanks again Eddie. :smile:

I own the original Gaia as well and have liked it. I've had the new version about a week and have used it daily. The battery life seems pretty solid because I haven’t had to recharge the battery yet. When I say I’ve used it daily, it wasn’t the only vape I used…. but I did do a daily session or two with it. With the best of intentions, I try to keep track of how many sessions between charges… but as is the case with most vapes I try, I lose count with how many sessions I’ve had. :ko: I would guess at least 10. And my battery is not drained yet.; I still have two bars left.

This unit is described as being ‘almost 100% convection’ and that was something I questioned Eddie about. And the answer was what I expected. It is a convection vaporizer; meaning the hot air flows through the flower to heat it. But the oven is made of quartz. And since quartz is a great conductor of heat, it also contributes to the heating of the flower, Linx didn’t feel they could state that it was 100% convection due to this.

The flavor from this portable is great. If you start hitting it when it first gets up to temp, the first two hits are what I call the ‘flavor hits’ and don’t produce a lot of vapor. After that, the hits are thick. I tend to favor 392° as my sweet spot with vapes and have been using the Gaia there as well.

I don’t have a scale with me but I would say that the oven holds about the same amount as the Alternate (maybe a bit more) and more than a Solo stem. I’ve included a pic of my abv for scale…. and to show that the flower vapes evenly to a nice brown at my temp. I probably could have gotten another hit or two because I spy a little bit of green…. but the flavor would have suffered imo. Taking it to this level of brown gave me flavorful hits throughout my session.

IMG_2920.JPG

The Gaia is smaller than the og Solo or the Alternate. Here is a side by side comparison for size (these are the portable vapes I have with me to compare to).

I like the size a lot. It fits nicely in the hand and is stealthy in the fact that it looks like a box mod. More 'ecig like.’ The build quality is also really nice. No plastic that I can see.

GJz9eog.jpg

.. and the metal and glass mouthpiece comes apart for cleaning which is real nice. And obviously needs... :dog: You get 3 replacement screens in the kit as well as a cleaning brush.

IMG_2951.JPG

It also comes with a little metal stir/tamp tool built into the bottom that is handy. And has a magnetic cover to protect the glass mouthpiece when not in use.

My only criticism of this vape is that the area at the base of the glass mouthpiece (where it screws in) can get very hot since it sits on top of the oven.

ZQsMwBL.jpg

As you can see they have marked it as such…. You have to be careful, once it heats up, to keep your mouth away from the base unit. I haven’t done back to back sessions because of this. I feel it might get hot enough to be uncomfortable. I don’t know what the answer to this would be…. maybe make the glass mouthpiece stem a tiny bit longer? I don’t know that I’d want any type of silicone or plastic to cover the metal. And it isn’t a deal breaker for me because of that since it cools down quickly if there is need for another bowl.

All in all I really like this little vape. It has a solid feel to it's build quality, delivers tasty hits and gets the job done nicely. :thumbsup:

Hi Eddie,
First of all congrats with the nice product you guys have made here. Looks very decent and clean.

Thanks very much for sharing the details on the new version. I am stuck with some questions though.. I hope you don't mind and would want to answer them. Many thanks in advance!

So the new version of the Gaia... First off, I'm based in Europe and would need to buy this from a reseller.. How do I know he's selling me the new version and not the previous one? If it were gold, okay, but I'd prefer the Onyx one :) Are the changes visible to the end user?

Secondly, now that the vaporizer is almost 100% convection, much must have changed internally right? Would you mind sharing what it is that has changed? Is the air intake still isolated from all the electronics and stuff? (safety and health is my main concern when buying a vaporizer). If you guys really managed to create a convection vaporizer with isolated air path, quartz chamber, glass airpath and fully adjustable temp I would be crazy not to buy a one (or two :D)

Then finally, much has been said already about the non-removable battery.. Somewhere else I read your reasons for that and that kind of makes sense. But how is this in the future? If the battery would break in say, 3 or 4 years, it would be a bit of a shame that the whole device would have to be replaced right? Is there a way to ship the device back to you to replace the battery?

Many thanks, looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards from the Netherlands!

Durban

Hi Eddie,
First of all congrats with the nice product you guys have made here. Looks very decent and clean.

Thanks very much for sharing the details on the new version. I am stuck with some questions though.. I hope you don't mind and would want to answer them. Many thanks in advance!

So the new version of the Gaia... First off, I'm based in Europe and would need to buy this from a reseller.. How do I know he's selling me the new version and not the previous one? If it were gold, okay, but I'd prefer the Onyx one :) Are the changes visible to the end user?

Secondly, now that the vaporizer is almost 100% convection, much must have changed internally right? Would you mind sharing what it is that has changed? Is the air intake still isolated from all the electronics and stuff? (safety and health is my main concern when buying a vaporizer). If you guys really managed to create a convection vaporizer with isolated air path, quartz chamber, glass airpath and fully adjustable temp I would be crazy not to buy a one (or two :D)

Then finally, much has been said already about the non-removable battery.. Somewhere else I read your reasons for that and that kind of makes sense. But how is this in the future? If the battery would break in say, 3 or 4 years, it would be a bit of a shame that the whole device would have to be replaced right? Is there a way to ship the device back to you to replace the battery?

Many thanks, looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards from the Netherlands!

Durban

Hi Durban, thanks for your Kind words and I apologize for the late response on this.
Here are the answers to your questions:

All Linx Gaia units sold in the EU are new version and you need not worry about color. You are all good to go there. :)

The big difference between new convection Gaia and old Gaia is heating chamber. The old Gaia has its heating elements surrounding the chamber. The Updated Gaia has a heating element that is not touching the Quartz chamber. This heating element heats the air instead of the chamber. This hot air enters the chamber and cooks the herb.

The Air path is the same between the two models. The air intake holes are situated very close to the chamber and the air by passes all other electronic components.

As to the non-removable battery, the vaping industry has been changing so fast. Every year, we have new technology to update. We do offer upgrade program to let old customers update their old versions. As to the battery issues, please contact feel free to reach out to our customer service team if an issue does arise.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I hope you enjoy the Linx Gaia. Thanks
Cheers

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back