Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Vape break

Shredder

Dogs like me
I haven't used my herb vapes since last Thursday, it's Tuesday today.

I had running and inflamed sinuses no doubt brought on by the rapidly changing humidity lately where I live. We went from -20F to +45F in a few days. Because I was so stuffed up, and because vaping made it worse I stopped vaping for a while to heal. I did however take cannacaps every day up to today.

Today I felt pretty good and did a dab without any issues, about 4 hours later I did another small dab. Then after supper my wife and I heated up our mighty. I took a hit and started coughing instantly, I tried one more hit off the mighty a little later with the same result. And just now I did another dab of the same variety that was in our mighty. Again no issues.

While not the first time this has happened It is frustrating. Last time I just vaped rosin for a couple months. Eventually though as a caregiver grower I really have to sample the goods so to speak. But it does get me wondering if I should just forget vaping herb, and instead just do medibles and dabs.

My lungs aren't the best, i have asthma, my left lung has a little scarring, and I breathed welding fumes for years at work, also along with working in and around asbestos.

Even when I'm feeling better I think I need to consider if I need to quit vaping altogether, or not vaping herbs, but either way I think I'll rely more on medibles/cannacaps in the future.

I get it. I've cut way back on vaping herb as opposed to dabbing. At first it was the convenience of the session being shorter. But I quickly discovered that when I vaped herb I coughed a ton more than when I dab. That hasn't changed.

I haven't gotten to the point of wanting to quit altogether... but I go through way more dabbage than fresh herb lol.

Listen to your body. It's telling you something. You can always go back to vaping herb in the future. :twocents:

The Mighty can be one of the harshest vapes around. That dry convection vapour plays havoc with me at times & it is a coughing machine. Try a more conduction biased vape if you can or if you like watersports with the Mighty try some hot water to moisturise the vapour. Sounds like you are heading down the right path with more dabs & edibles.

Dry here vaping always seems so harsh on my throat after taking a break. 1st day leaves my throat so sore. I would have to make my own concentrate, and it's not something I enjoy doing with the tools I have, and I can't afford better tools.

But it does get me wondering if I should just forget vaping herb, and instead just do medibles and dabs.

I've been off flower vapes as my main delivery for a little while now, pretty much ever since I got my enail back in 2016. Too much coughing and throat irritation. I still have to do as you and sample flower here and there. Primarily medibles and dabs only here, working fine for me thankfully. Personally I think I am saving money without a VAS affliction lol One nail to rule them all, 'round here ;)

I find some vapes are much worse on the throat than others

The Tera hurts my throat after a while

I have found the mighty not as bad as you can take smaller drags when needed and it still gives cloud and hit

Dabs are less on the throat as you need less of them too

I guess my break is over. I vaped a bowl of herb today in my fury 2. No problems. I took a couple hits last night on the mighty, I didn't cough but it was close, and I stopped after two hits. I'll most likely try again tonight.

I am still using the medibles too. Had a dollop of canna butter on my oatmeal this am. I kinda forgot about it until I noticed I got way high after using the F2, then I remembered, lol.

The Mighty can be one of the harshest vapes around. That dry convection vapour plays havoc with me at times & it is a coughing machine. Try a more conduction biased vape if you can or if you like watersports with the Mighty try some hot water to moisturise the vapour. Sounds like you are heading down the right path with more dabs & edibles.

I actually find conduction vapes to kill my throat more so unless I session it starting at a really low temp. I assume it’s the conduction aspect that was bothering me as it got worse when I use the dosing capsules with my Mighty. I also find it more irritating to my throat when I used my original Solo and/or M. All units that have a higher conduction vs convection component to them than my other vapes.

Way less irritation when using my Enano, Grasshopper, SBJ.

I actually find conduction vapes to kill my throat more so unless I session it starting at a really low temp. I assume it’s the conduction aspect that was bothering me as it got worse when I use the dosing capsules with my Mighty. I also find it more irritating to my throat when I used my original Solo and/or M. All units that have a higher conduction vs convection component to them than my other vapes.

Way less irritation when using my Enano, Grasshopper, SBJ.
My Plenty and Tera make me cough more than the mighty (caps or not) or the GH or the VCs or the F2

The above mentioned have conduct/convect mix

The tera and plenty are mostly convection

The GH is a mix also as that chamber gets mighty hot it isn't straight convection like plenty and tera

I find the tera hurts back of throat towards end of sesh more than coughing
Plenty unless through water can only take small hits without coughing

Now after about 6 weeks after I started this thread I'm still not vaping a lot. Mostly I'm using my saionara with rosin. I take one or two hits at a time throughout the day, and a few hits off our mighty in the evening. And when I say I mean 5 or 6 hits, not bowls. My wife vapes more than I at this point.

I have only used my fury a handful of times in the six weeks, and I don't think I've used a dynavap, not that I remember nyway.

My lungs do feel a bit better, but for now this suits me fine.

Just coming back from a bit of a break myself. I was starting to get into a negative headspace too often (just life in general coupled with deep thoughts) so I took a mini-break. Slowly easing back into weekends coupled with watching a fun movie after all the day's work is done. Just in time for 420 sales as well! Haha!

I don't think I've used a dynavap,
You should try your rosin in the Vapcap @phattpiggie style, a little amount rolled up in cotton and show no respect for the click as you dip and sip in an induction heater (that is if you have one?).:thumbsup:

You should try your rosin in the Vapcap @phattpiggie style, a little amount rolled up in cotton and show no respect for the click as you dip and sip in an induction heater (that is if you have one?).:thumbsup:

I actually bought my first dynavap with the idea to use it for rosin, but it soon proved to be not very efficient, and got clogged up quickly. they're primarily an herb vape IMHO. I havnt tried the new concentrate tip though.

My saionara on the other hand is made to use with concentrates, and works much better than my dynavap ever did with concentrates. No torch or induction heater needed is another factor.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back