Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Vape Prices

We have the same discussion on the forums for my other passion, mountain biking.

In particular, why is it so expensive?

I dunno tho, no one is forcing anyone to buy $800 super rigs. But like everything else we do that isn't a basic living requirement, the market will provide what the consumer values will support.

In this case a lot, but not all,of us reading this forum probably are passionate enough about our cannabis consumption that we see the value of spending more on vaporization products.

To most normals, my collection of $60 titanium Dynavap tips may seem insane. But to me I see a product that will last many years of reliable service.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

I have quite of few vaporizers. In the beginning of my vaporizing cannabis is when I bought the most. My most expensive vaporizer is the EVO and bought the glass piece that went with it and cost extra. I have a Woodscents from @Ed's TnT it costs more then my Enanos but it has more work involved and more expensive wood a lot of little extras too. Many of us like collecting and I’m really picky what I buy. There are so many vaporizers that are the same in the marketplace.
It comes down to what the consumer will pay. I think a Mighty is overpriced just my opinion.

I’ve been using a lot of oil this past year and using a very cheap Aspire Breeze - seems clean to me. Using a special Sub Ohm oil product here in WA.

Last edited:
I have quite of few vaporizers. In the beginning of my vaporizing cannabis is when I bought the most. My most expensive vaporizer is the EVO and bought the glass piece that went with it and cost extra. I have a Woodscents from @Ed's TnT it costs more then my Enanos but it has more work involved and more expensive wood a lot of little extras too. Many of us like collecting and I’m really picky what I buy. There are so many vaporizers that are the same in the marketplace.
It comes down to what the consumer will pay. I think a Mighty is overpriced just my opinion.

I’ve been using a lot of oil this past year and using a very cheap Aspire Breeze - seems clean to me. Using a special Sub Ohm oil product here in WA.

Aesthetics count and add intrinsic value to the beholder. I have more than a few $200 + devices that are as much about form as they are about function....ain't gonna lie, I like a well crafted product and am willing to pay more for it, as are most of us.

....I've come a long way from the old Vapor Genie Classic (which is still a perfectly acceptable vaporizer IMO)
That said, I don't have any high priced glass or electronics....not that I wouldn't mind.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

If you are ever having trouble justifying a purchase just work it out in a $ per day scenario. The only vape gear I need to buy is O rings & screens really. If I am using glass daily it deserves to be nice. I deserve it to be nice. I owe that to myself at least.

Kinda like if you buy a great coat or pair of shoes. Don't go with this weeks trend. Buy a classic & you will very rarely regret it long term. Same goes with vapes & glass to me.

If you are ever having trouble justifying a purchase just work it out in a $ per day scenario
Used car salesman...hehe!
I like the old 'Buy once, cry once' saying, especially true with hand tools and the like. I am about to get this,
and this when I can find it for a good price,

I don't have trouble justifying a purchase. I have trouble getting enough funds for Everything.
tumblr_kublw0WjYK1qatgjgo1_250.gif

Been using one for a week

Doesn't quite hop like a hopper but by fug does it skip hard

Priced to show that we don't have to take out a mortgage to buy a vape that works well

That vapes can be sold cheaper even if they cost more in materials

This thing ensures that those on a budget can get into vaping and be healthier just like the rest of us instead of having no choice but to stay combusting

And it would probably give them VAS if they converted so the industry would still benefit as people will then buy more vapes

Middle ground
Not excuses for profiteering when gouging

I still laugh at the marketing excuses too

Most marketing for vapes is done via these forums and us consumers do most of it for free....lol
Besides the critics - they are the biggest advertiser's or where we hear about them

But it's critics and consumer feedback on forums that markets most vapes

Not the usual advertising costs other businesses have to pay to reach their audience

I'm sure a business subscription to one of these forums as a sponsor is much less costly then a tv or newspaper ad too

Anyway
I'm not responding on this thread again as a shit fight

Here's a feckin affordable vape that smacks you in the head

It can be done
Go HR and go Viviant and DV too on the price issue

Can't defend those prices now....

Others maybe worth more or use better materials, happy to pay for them, but not stupid prices
And there should be more affordable options for the rest of the population

Vape on vapers

Last edited:
Most marketing for vapes is done via these forums
More like the instant grat sites nowadays, not enough exposure here to worry about for the big marketing spinners keeping themselves in a job plus @momofthegoons would be straight onto blatant shills or marketers(not that I have ever seen any here).
I have been waiting for an Aussie distributor for the Go but might just have to get2 of 3 come black Friday sales and one of these 2 to run them,
I have been looking for an excuse to get this (a bit expensive though),
1601105682354.png

More like the instant grat sites nowadays, not enough exposure here to worry about for the big marketing spinners keeping themselves in a job plus @momofthegoons would be straight onto blatant shills or marketers(not that I have ever seen any here).
I have been waiting for an Aussie distributor for the Go but might just have to get2 of 3 come black Friday sales and one of these 2 to run them,
I have been looking for an excuse to get this (a bit expensive though),
View attachment 21189
I wasn't referring to shilling happening here, although I'm aware it happens elsewhere and with some critics too - I wasn't necessarily referring to shilling at all, although it probably is part of the same discussion holistically
I definitely wasn't implying anything about this forum though

I more meant we as consumers do most of the advertising on the forums and the only place I hear of vapes really is all the forums or the vape critics usually at the same time from both places
Occasionally on a companies own website if I peruse them

Some of the design these days would be reps getting ideas off the forums too, some do this openly with a back n forth, others more stealthily

I tried the GO as it was cheap and am more than impressed for the price
I have better vapes
But it really pumps with some of the good ones

I think it shows the high end vapes can be sold at a cheaper price then currently even if they are more expensive, and the cheaper ones can be made at a higher quality/performance

Things and industries evolve, heres to the future of the vape world and hoping we can all find that happy mid ground and a more accessible scene to more people

PS
That trident looks fun @LesPlenty
Dab and vape combos for a goodnight hit hahaha
Expensive alright though compared to other DHgate glass

Last edited:
If you are ever having trouble justifying a purchase just work it out in a $ per day scenario. The only vape gear I need to buy is O rings & screens really. If I am using glass daily it deserves to be nice. I deserve it to be nice. I owe that to myself at least.

Kinda like if you buy a great coat or pair of shoes. Don't go with this weeks trend. Buy a classic & you will very rarely regret it long term. Same goes with vapes & glass to me.

I tend to look at my purchases with the tought of "will I still be using this two years from now and how often?"

Usually I get it right.

I also buy stuff considering if it is of heirloom quality or not. And by that I don't mean a $ amount but rather, would my children or grandchildren keep it because it was something I valued.....or is it simply going to be thrown out or given away?

A lot of vaporizer manufacturers put much effort into the aesthetics of their products....because it us important to most of us and we're willing to pay the premium for it.

If it were simply about quality, effectiveness then all vaporizers would probably wind up being sterile, somewhat soulless, high performance plastic and stainless steel versions of the S&B lineup....probably over engineered and manufactured in Germany, Japan or some other over'performing country too.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back