Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Vape safety discussion

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
We've had an instance in the last few days where a vape's materials have come under scrutiny. Vape safety is important to me and is not something I want buried or censored. And that is why I made a specific forum to discuss the safety of vapes and materials.

But... does not having this information in the vape specific thread make it so that a potential buyer misses the information? My feeling is that it gets lost in the vape specific threads because members usually only read the last few pages of a vape thread when thinking about buying the unit.

I'd like to hear from you guys... and come up with a way to circumvent information getting 'lost in the shuffle.' Would you prefer to just discuss this in the vape specific thread? Or do you like having a specific safety area to look at for safety information?

Should the OP of a vape specific thread have a blurb in it linking to a safety thread when one is made?

talk to me...

great great idea.
i would absolutely prefer to have a dedicated safety thread, and easily accessible in itself - like the resources on page 1. and condensed - not a a place for discussion, but easy to look up confirmed info.
or maybe parallel threads to each vape? not sure.. but i know that i very rarely read an entire thread re a vape. it is simply not possible in some cases.

not sure how to moderate this though. on fc, they used to have these "best of" threads - attempts to condense the most useful posts re certain vapes in a much shorter thread. i havent been there in a while, but my feeling was, they never really took off because people not often thought to nominate posts for these threads. but maybe nominating certain posts could be a way? no sure..
otherwise, everyone would need to remember to make a cross-posting to a safety thread, if a concern gets posted in a specific vape thread. but at what point is a mere 'concern' ready for a cross posting in a dedicated safety thread? so .. not sure how this all could work.

but the general idea is great.

We've had an instance in the last few days where a vape's materials have come under scrutiny. Vape safety is important to me and is not something I want buried or censored. And that is why I made a specific forum to discuss the safety of vapes and materials.

But... does not having this information in the vape specific thread make it so that a potential buyer misses the information? My feeling is that it gets lost in the vape specific threads because members usually only read the last few pages of a vape thread when thinking about buying the unit.

I'd like to hear from you guys... and come up with a way to circumvent information getting 'lost in the shuffle.' Would you prefer to just discuss this in the vape specific thread? Or do you like having a specific safety area to look at for safety information?

Should the OP of a vape specific thread have a blurb in it linking to a safety thread when one is made?

talk to me...
Absolutely valid point also.........seems like 6 of one or half a dozen of another.
My guess is a vape with actual issues will have a fairly short thread whereas one that does not prolly will have a long one?

Absolutely valid point also.........seems like 6 of one or half a dozen of another.
My guess is a vape with actual issues will have a fairly short thread whereas one that does not prolly will have a long one?
Grasshopper threads are pretty long....

I'd sort of favor keeping it in the threads for the vape.

Bit of help...what was the vape with recent material safety issues?

Edit: Ok, found it...it was actually quit apparent but I haven't been cruising boards like I used to.

Cheers

Last edited:
I can honestly say that there was a time when I wondered why safety information wasn't a part of a vape specific thread. Seemed like the place to put it and not doing so looked like hiding it to me. But after seeing how many members don't read the entire thread on a vape, I've come to realize that important information gets buried. Expecting moderators or members to link back to pertinent posts, as time goes by and other posts are made, makes a lot of work for everyone. Just seems like having a safety thread specific to each vape being discussed is an easier way to find the information, especially if it is linked in an OP of a vape thread... and in a Vape Safety specific forum that is easy to find. I guess what I'd like to know is am I missing anything in making this information available and visible?

Maybe a link that shows at the top of each page that is in neon pink,green, yellow,red,white and black......with a siren.
Unfortunately, the software doesn't allow for that. But I can certainly put a bold link at the beginning of each thread.

Or maybe some bouncing boobies and a swinging wiener.
Do we have a smilie for that? :thinker:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back