Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud Evo

Vapes no longer in production

Sixstringsmash

Where am I?
Vapexhale_0114_0567.jpg

This is one of the most popular desktop vaporizers on the market today and for a pretty good. reason. This thing is capable of creating some of the hardest hitting and best tasting vapor you can find out there.

The Evo is:

-100% convection vapor

-all glass vapor path

-built for water filtration(though also works very well dry)

-is badass

I've personally owned my Evo for about a year and a half now and while I don't use it as much as I used to, this is the vape I bring out when I want the heaviest hitter in my arsenal. Without any filtration the vapor does come off a little hot and dry but if you put some water into the equation it mellows out very nicely and you're able to take some very tasty, dense and potent hits.

The unit itself is very simple to use, consisting of just an on/off switch and a dial knob to control the temperature. Red light means heating up, green light means good to go. The unit itself is meant to be used with a certain type of water pipe called a "hydratube"(pictured above) which just sits right on top of the Evo. They also have a dry mouthpiece which you can use that doesn't require water filtration. The unit also works just as well inverted in a regular water pipe so if you don't want to splurge on getting a hydratube it will work l in any 18mm piece, pictured below:

ZbaCix8.png

Like I said before I don't use this unit every day anymore(for the sake of my tolerance!) but when I want to go from 1 to 10 as quickly as possible this is what I take out. If you've ever missed the feeling of those combustion days of old when you used to take a huge hit out of a bong and get completely plastered, you don't need to reminisce anymore, because this thing does exactly that and more.

I was one of the early adopters of the original Cloud and also the EVO. My Clouds all died but the EVO is still going strong. It doesn't get much use these days with all the other vapes I have lying around, but I still think it's a solid vape. Never got any of the newer hydratubes but have an original Vertigo from the Cloud days. My preference, however, is to use the EVO inverted, the way you've shown, on the larger Leviathan/ M&M Tech bubbler I have. It'll smack me in the face every time.

Might have to drag the EVO out today..... haven't played with it for a while. :biggrin:

I was one of the early adopters of the original Cloud and also the EVO. My Clouds all died but the EVO is still going strong. It doesn't get much use these days with all the other vapes I have lying around, but I still think it's a solid vape. Never got any of the newer hydratubes but have an original Vertigo from the Cloud days. My preference, however, is to use the EVO inverted, the way you've shown, on the larger Leviathan/ M&M Tech bubbler I have. It'll smack me in the face every time.

Might have to drag the EVO out today..... haven't played with it for a while. :biggrin:

Mom - when you invert, do you mangle your ELB cap to make it tighter as Ataxian has alluded to?

Yeah, I have newer stuff also but the EVO still whacks the hell out of me....love it a lot.

do you mangle your ELB cap to make it tighter as Ataxian has alluded to?
I never have.... I do have a few caps that are looser than others but have enough elb's that I haven't found the need. :idon'tknow:

Still have to get to the pool for a workout and then I'm coming home and getting the EVO out. I've been running around town like a fool all morning and I'm ready.

The VapeXhale Cloud gave good hits, but was too much work for me.
The Evo was OK, but all local patients that had them needed warranty service or repairs. Luckily I got rid of mine while it still functioned well.
I will definitely say that the "bamboo" (glass inside) breaks less than on the 1st Cloud, but can break if one is careless nonetheless.
Also too much work for me.
I hated cleaning the "elbs".
Fans or the Cloud and Evo would give me the suggestion "just buy a dozen Elbs and load them all up.... and you're all set".
My response was always.. "Great so I can vape with impunity for the afternoon, and then once I am nice and relaxed, I can then face KP duty and clean a dozen Elbs at once."
I hated it with water, but loved the flavor dry with the straight tube (here's one coated with resins!):
4ktxeg.jpg

I enjoyed the cloud a great deal, but the SSV is so much easier to use in my case as well, and I have wands and HCs on hand just in case (I have never needed these spare parts)
When using the Cloud, I like the flavor 100% better with the VXC dry tube, and never used the hydratube.
DSC02317.jpg

Props to Stone Monkey for inventing such a great tool.
Using the Elbs was just an extra step I was not willing to take.
This vape is one of only 12 vaporizers that I retired on my signature.

The VapeXhale Cloud gave good hits, but was too much work for me.
The Evo was OK, but all local patients that had them needed warranty service or repairs. Luckily I got rid of mine while it still functioned well.
I will definitely say that the "bamboo" (glass inside) breaks less than on the 1st Cloud, but can break if one is careless nonetheless.
Also too much work for me.
I hated cleaning the "elbs".
Fans or the Cloud and Evo would give me the suggestion "just buy a dozen Elbs and load them all up.... and you're all set".
My response was always.. "Great so I can vape with impunity for the afternoon, and then once I am nice and relaxed, I can then face KP duty and clean a dozen Elbs at once."
I hated it with water, but loved the flavor dry with the straight tube (here's one coated with resins!):
4ktxeg.jpg

I enjoyed the cloud a great deal, but the SSV is so much easier to use in my case as well, and I have wands and HCs on hand just in case (I have never needed these spare parts)
When using the Cloud, I like the flavor 100% better with the VXC dry tube, and never used the hydratube.
DSC02317.jpg

Props to Stone Monkey for inventing such a great tool.
Using the Elbs was just an extra step I was not willing to take.
This vape is one of only 12 vaporizers that I retired on my signature.
Well, we are each different. While you view the ELBs as a PIA cleaning chore, I view them as easy peasy to clean up, particularly compared to most portables. I just run a brush into it after each load. Rather what I do with an Enano or really any vape I own.

Cheers

I understand.
I suffer moderate to severe spasticity, and find using the Elbs uncomfortable.
Difficult to open, and to close, and a great deal of discomfort to remove from unit once spent.
Same with other a couple of other patients that use an Evo.
While I did enjoy it for a time, due to it's ability to medicate strongly, I found it to be more of a tool to be appreciated by the recreational crowd.
While 2 of the patients I speak with have told of success with this vape, I personally (due to my own limitations) do not consider this a medical device.
OBVIOUSLY it is a great vape.
It is sought after by the majority of vapor enthusisasts.:nod:

Last edited:
@ataxian , my friend.....this one is just for you. :smoke::cheers: I tried to find something pink to put on it, but no pink anywhere in this bachelor's house (need to work on that pink insecurity :rofl:) Of course, you have moved on to "putty" and other earth colors in the interim! haha

Inverted EVO.jpeg

Here's my EVO. I bought this a year ago. I used to use it a lot at night. It's a heavy hitter. It's big IMO. It's sturdy and well made. An excellent vaporizer. This is the hydrobomb WT that's mated for the EVO but you can use it with other vaporizers. I think the EVO is on the fragile side if dropped. It has the glass bamboo inside which will break easily if the EVO slides off the table or I drop it.

I recommend this desk style vape for those looking for a home vape that's a heavy hitter. I use more cannabis when I use the EVO compared to a log vape but some folks don't care about that. I always call it a face melter. I should get it out tonight.:partyhat:
lIiAZuI.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my EVO. I bought this a year ago. I used to use it a lot at night. It's a heavy hitter. It's big IMO. It's sturdy and well made. An excellent vaporizer. I think on the fragile side if dropped. It has the glass bamboo inside which will break easily if the EVO slides off the table or I drop it.

I recommend this desk style vape for those looking for a home vape that's a heavy hitter. I use more cannabis when I use the EVO compared to a log vape but some folks don't care about that. I always call it a face melter. I should get it out tonight.:partyhat:
lIiAZuI.jpg
Yeah, Carol....an EVO will indeed melt your face and just about anything else! LOL

@ataxian , my friend.....this one is just for you. :smoke::cheers: I tried to find something pink to put on it, but no pink anywhere in this bachelor's house (need to work on that pink insecurity :rofl:) Of course, you have moved on to "putty" and other earth colors in the interim! haha

View attachment 397
@Baron23 leave me alone with that glass as you think your at a GREEK WEDDING!
Pink is my favorite color.
I had a beautiful girl every night of my life.
During the day if I wasn't working?

I don't know what PINK means?
@Vitolo I think of the EVO has a strong MEDICATION TOOL.
I mix it up however the EVO I like.
I wish I was recreational however it's the safest Medical device for me.

I break glass GonG's all the time.
The SS EBL of the EVO I like.
Just need to make a unbreakable NAIL.

Last edited:
I personally (due to my own limitations) do not consider this a medical device.

I think of the EVO has a strong MEDICATION TOOL.

I guess it's all about what you are medicating for. :biggrin:

Other than the same penchant as ataxian for breaking glass, I don't have major dexterity issues. I think the EVO is fabulous for pain and for sleep because it's a heavy hitter. My only real complaint lies with the elb's and what they do to my nail polish when I have to open them or take them out of the EVO. I've yet to figure out a way to not screw up the tips. :tongue:

I looked back at initial thoughts I expressed long ago.
I loved the tool, but found myself getting burned, and having difficulty more than was my habit.
I will consider getting the Unit again, and perhaps I will learn to appreciate it again.
Here is the discontinued model when I first got it:

When I have too many things going on my desk:juggle: and another cord pulls on my EVO's leash well.....:shakehead:

My EVO survived a 4 foot drop from my desk to the floor. Whew!:smile: Not the adapters and my fav spoon mouthpiece however. :cry: KIM I have a jacket and 5 silicone wrist straps on it for grip and shock resistance. And some heat retention I guess. Did the air test and messed with the heat knobs as another to see if the worst happened. :uhoh:

Now I do have a camping stove stand that I use as an EVO safety stand that keeps it from moving around normally when it is at the rest position. When it isn't there, I have to be even more aware of the cord, weight and placement. Then whatever glass I want to heap on top.

No more top heavy/light glass while other projects are on my desk. Especially with extra cords. That is what my UD is for I guess. Broke the j-hooks and all 3 favs. So it's back to shotgunning with the straight wands. :goofy: The main water pieces haven't taken a jump so far. Fingers crossed. So glad I have enough of a variation of adapters that are compatible with my glass and EVO's. :biggrin:

Cleaning the ELBs. After emptying the ABV, I can gently scrape the walls with a 'toothpick' brush. Holding 3 or more firm together like a brush and scrape the top half and cap. Maybe put it back in the EVO for a reclaim bake off from the heated SS. Gotten cloud action from doing this. BTW. Good for a few more packing's. Without geting into scraping tools.

Then at the point of the weekly clean up. After emptying and re-scraping all my ELBs. I put them in a shake jar with ISO 99% and shake say 60 secs and take them out and place them in PBW to soak in a sealed jar for a longer period. So the air bubbles have no place escape. You may notice bubbles will form more on dirtier surface, just don't let them recap themselves when you put anything to soak. You want to get that problem area where the cap and top half of the ELB getting the most clogged. :twocents:

My only real complaint lies with the elb's and what they do to my nail polish when I have to open them

And we, who know you, are aware of how much you love a good manicure! HAHAHA

Since theirs a lot of talk about ELB cleaning I'll share my quick and easy method. I've found the easiest way to scrape them clean is with a simple nylon tube brush, like this:

0838687_hr4c.jpg

They get right into the elbs and scrape out all the gunk very quickly and easily. If you scrape while the ELB is still fairly warm all the ABV should just fall right out after a few turns of the brush. Every month or so give them a good cleaning with some PBW and that's all she wrote.

Since theirs a lot of talk about ELB cleaning I'll share my quick and easy method. I've found the easiest way to scrape them clean is with a simple nylon tube brush, like this:

0838687_hr4c.jpg

They get right into the elbs and scrape out all the gunk very quickly and easily. If you scrape while the ELB is still fairly warm all the ABV should just fall right out after a few turns of the brush. Every month or so give them a good cleaning with some PBW and that's all she wrote.
Exactly what I use. I have gotten a number of these brushes with various vapes over time and they work perfectly. As you said, hit it as soon as you are done and its still warm and they come pretty clean with just brushing. When they get gunky, then dunk in ISO.

View attachment 397
Did you paint your sleeve?
I took mine off! (no need?)

I'm using this cheap unit to get through for now. (not bad!)
When my EVO returned's = LIFE WORTH LIVING
CIVILIZED = EVO = inverted, right-side-up, DRY, WET!

MISS = EVO (miss as in heart felt sorrow)

EVO = CIVILIZED

Last edited:
Did you paint your sleeve?
I took mine off! (no need?)

I'm using this cheap unit to get through for now. (not bad!)
When my EVO returned's = LIFE WORTH LIVING
CIVILIZED = EVO = inverted, right-side-up, DRY, WET!

MISS = EVO (miss as in heart felt sorrow)

EVO = CIVILIZED
Yes, my friend....the EVO certainly is civilized no matter its orientation! LOL

No, haven't painted mine...still black with the neoprene sleeve on it which is fine by me. I'm an aesthetic barbarian. haha

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back