Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Vaping while sick

Sixstringsmash

Where am I?
Figured this might be a good discussion to start since its something that's currently ailing me right now. When you guys get sick with a cold or the flu do you keep on vaping or take a little break? Right now I just got back from the doctor with a respiratory infection. Boo Hoo! But hey at least I can still vape.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

I have vaped with a cold. I can say from my own experience smaller doses and vaping through a water tool filled with warm/hot water is the way to go. If you have some mint essential oil, adding a drop or two won't hurt.

I always vape when I'm ill as well! Especially when my allergies kick my ass. I might take less though; I find I don't need as much to put me out when I'm under the weather. The only time I haven't vaped with a health issue was when I got my wisdom tooth removed; the risk of dry socket wasn't worth it to me.

Figured this might be a good discussion to start since its something that's currently ailing me right now. When you guys get sick with a cold or the flu do you keep on vaping or take a little break? Right now I just got back from the doctor with a respiratory infection. Boo Hoo! But hey at least I can still vape.
Oh man, so sorry to hear you got one of these kinds of sicknesses, they are the worst for flower vaping (even worse for combusting).

My advice is to try and find high quality distillates (not necessarily easy to do) or thoroughly dewaxed concentrates for low temp dabbing on SiC. this is the smoothest way to still inhale meds and drastically reduces congestion vs other concentrates and especially flowers.

Do not dab large, or often. .05g of a dab should be approached like .3g of flower in a vape ;)

I usually vaporize when I'm sick with the flu or cold. As others I may not use as much. It helps me to feel better and sleep if I need to. I still have the same joint and muscle pain. I may end up using water filtration if I have congestion and a cough.

Makes sure you have lots of water and tea. To ward off a cold I swear by Airborne. I always have some on hand. I also make sure I use hand sanitizer after I go to the store or after I get gas. I'm kinds germ paranoid these days but it helps - I get less illnesses this way. The job I have I'm bombarded with germs all the time.

Edit
Airborne is a product that you take when you feel like you are coming down with a cold. You have to take it at the first sign of a cold. Most of the time I get a mild version instead of a full blown cold. There are times though when I can't ward one off.

Last edited:
I usually vaporize when I'm sick with the flu or cold. As others I may not use as much. It helps me to feel better and sleep if I need to. I still have the same joint and muscle pain. I may end up using water filtration if I have congestion and a cough.
This is a super important point - Water is a must for any cold/cough vaporization!

So is ensuring that water is changed and rig is cleaned regularly while sick and afterwards ;)

Hey thanks for the advice @herbivore21 and @CarolKing . I unfortunately don't have access to concentrates or anything of that sort in my area. Only the poop strain type of bud is available to me right now so that will have to do. Good call about the water though, didn't really think about that. Just switched from using my log with a dry stem to putting it in the water pipe and the difference is day and night!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well...

My rule of thumb is if it feels good it's fine. But if you get added congestion or heaviness in your chest; stop.

Make sure you hydrate more than usual... and get some Vit. C in you. Maybe some echinacea? I dose myself with an elderberry syrup called Sambucus daily in the winter.. and otherwise if I even suspect I've been 'contaminated.' :lol: It really helps keep the sickies at bay and makes an illness shorter if you do get sick.

cq4FpYf.jpg

Last edited:
dose myself with an elderberry syrup called Sambucus daily in the winter.. and otherwise if I even suspect I've been 'contaminated
I have three Elderberry bushes. I harvest flowers selectively and later berries to make Elderberry tea and Elderberry syrup. It is a wonderful plant for holding colds and the flu at bay.

Years ago I found following the combination to help remedy colds in an old herbal book. Capsaicin Tea.....

Make some black tea. Add honey to taste and as much Cayenne Pepper as you can stand. Start with a tiny amount of cayenne and steadily increase. You will quickly be able to injest greater and greater amounts. I put in a heaping tablespoon full.

Some people just can't drink this. I like it myself. So, if you can get this down, you won't be sick anymore. Promise.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back