Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Vapor Genie Vaporizer

Basement Farmer

I know that they seldom get love as most of us have moved on to more sophisticated ways of ingesting terpenes and THC, but credit must be given to this 'beginner' vaporizer.

Don'tya think?

20191211_092825.jpg

All of these get busted out occasionally & pretty sure that aluminum bat one will be my apocalypse piece. Indestructable, can be flame heated and double up as a blunt weapon if need be..

Last edited:
I still want to get one to add to my collection, as it's such an icon of vaping history.

You really should. If you've never used one you would probably be pleasantly surprised by it's performance. A lot of people are out off by the thought of breathing torch exhaust, but it's proven to be safe and doesn't detract from the flavor. To me it's very similar to my Triihouse Daisy (ancestor to the Sticky Brick OG) but a little more robust due to the longer wood\ glass airway and carb hole that the Daisy offers. My kid has a brass Sherlock which is his go-to.

Just a solid, very basic pocket vape that has been around a long time.

Love their web site too. Quirky. I had to pick up some Space Crickets back when I was into these things. It's also probably the only vaporizer vendor that offers winter shorts in their product lineup. Tempted....:cool:

Did you receive your replacement SLX yet @LesPlenty?
Hehe, I am looking to the brass Sherlock since a long time too :smile: It seems to be a solid unit too!

I think it's bronze done in the lost wax casting method. I got the colored version as an enlistment present for my kid (had to wait 5 years to use it ha, ha). No personal experience with it myself, but he loves his. The body acts as a heat sink and cools the vapor.

Heirloom product

I've had my eye on the Hand Carved Spiral Walnut model.
Finally one of my nearby friends got their own DV. :biggrin:

I went round to their place a couple of nights ago to have a sesh together. I was fun to see how differently they heated it to how I do, they have an eye condition that messes with their depth perception, yet they managed to get great vapor and good effects.

Their homegrown had us both giggling like a couple of teenagers. :dog:.

@Basement Farmer. I just ordered a single flame that looks like a lot like the one you are holding in that picture. Can wait to try it.

It seems I've gotten a bit obsessed with lighters. New ones keep appearing in my mailbox every couple of months.:torching:

I really enjoy having a DV sesh buddy. :smoke:

Hey Ramahs,

It's a good product. Mine has seen a lot of use and I recently gifted it to someone who fell in love with it.

I'm partial to the aluminum bat piece myself. The metallic bats seem to be cooler (perhaps it's all in my imagination)

The OG maple will probably never get used again, but it's the device that started me on this journey, so it has sentimental value.

TTD, torches litter my house like confetti. You never know when the one in hand won't fire.....gotta be prepared.
Someday I really should try a IH

Hey Ramahs,

It's a good product. Mine has seen a lot of use and I recently gifted it to someone who fell in love with it.

I'm partial to the aluminum bat piece myself. The metallic bats seem to be cooler (perhaps it's all in my imagination)

The OG maple will probably never get used again, but it's the device that started me on this journey, so it has sentimental value.

TTD, torches litter my house like confetti. You never know when the one in hand won't fire.....gotta be prepared.
Someday I really should try a IH

I looked at the pipe version (not really feeling the look of the bat) with the aluminum stem, but I figured it would get hot. Good to know it actually stays cool.

I looked at the pipe version (not really feeling the look of the bat) with the aluminum stem, but I figured it would get hot. Good to know it actually stays cool.

I like the aesthetics of the aluminum too. It has that same funky shape as the OG. The stem only gets pleasantly warm to the touch.

They'll mix and match tops for you on the higher end products. So if you dig one shape or kind of wood you can make that call.

I like the aesthetics of the aluminum too. It has that same funky shape as the OG. The stem only gets pleasantly warm to the touch.

They'll mix and match tops for you on the higher end products. So if you dig one shape or kind of wood you can make that call.

Good to know. I kinda like the idea of the aluminum stem with the spiral walnut head/intake/bowl.

I kinda with that they made a stainless steel version of the stem, like they do with the bat.

That bronze sherlock looks nice...but a big jump in price.

Been hitting the entire line up and rediscovering my love for the Vapor Genie....still one of my favs.

I dropped my coil into this cheap 19mm Chinese vortex.....works well. Powerful yet tasteful....

Rig is OK for concentrates. Came with a reactor core which I seem to reach for often. Glass is lighter than I had hoped for, but still solid.

Hope to buy a more perfect domestic piece someday. Until then it's a good learner piece.

20200628_221907.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back