Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Vivant Alternate

On the Alternate, I have been recommending 370º, and inch their way up until load is satisfactorily vaped.
I personally start at 370º and usually stop at 390º
I also felt patients with cracking CUs were either going toward 400... or staying at 400 and doing many back to back sessions.....
Then reloading with unit hot and beginning again.
Maybe the cooling/heating of opening the hot CU helped to make cracking occur..
maybe considerate amounts of back to backs.....
or perhaps the above 400º fans.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for not being active here, we had just released our first wax product, Dabox and I have had my hands full. Regardless, I am very sorry, thank you for your patience and bearing with me.

We understand the issues with the previous top caps we have and can see how this issue is irritating, but rest assured we are coming to a proper solution to this top cap issue customers are experiencing. Your concerns for a more reliable top cap is something we share.

The safety and health of Alternate users is very important to us. We strive to provide our customers with quality experiences and products with their health and satisfaction in mind.

We are always learning from our customers and taking necessary measures to ensure we deliver better products, better quality, better features, and better service.

Our team of designers and engineers have been working diligently on the issues from our old previous top cap models. We are in the final phases of production of the new top caps.

The new V3 top caps will feature a completely redesigned top cap utilizing an even better material and should mitigate all existing issues that our previous models have had in the past.

We are hoping for these new caps to be available for sale/warranties by the end of this week. We would like to thank all you for your patience and for bearing with us during this time.

We will also be making an announcement on our website when they become available for sale/warranty so customers can either purchase them online or get their warranties taken care of. These V3 top caps will be included with all future orders with the Alternate Kit and will be used for future warranties for our customers as well, if needed.

Our authorized resellers will also be resupplied with new V3 Top Caps and we will recall all existing V2.5 top caps, so they can properly warranty their customers if need be.

We appreciate everyone’s interest in the new V3 top caps and are excited to get them up and available for all you guys to enjoy.

Please feel free to contact us for more info or if you have questions at: info@vivant.com or support@vivant.com

Thank you,

Vivant Team

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for not being active here, we had just released our first wax product, Dabox and I have had my hands full. Regardless, I am very sorry, thank you for your patience and bearing with me.

We understand the issues with the previous top caps we have and can see how this issue is irritating, but rest assured we are coming to a proper solution to this top cap issue customers are experiencing. Your concerns for a more reliable top cap is something we share.

The safety and health of Alternate users is very important to us. We strive to provide our customers with quality experiences and products with their health and satisfaction in mind.

We are always learning from our customers and taking necessary measures to ensure we deliver better products, better quality, better features, and better service.

Our team of designers and engineers have been working diligently on the issues from our old previous top cap models. We are in the final phases of production of the new top caps.

The new V3 top caps will feature a completely redesigned top cap utilizing an even better material and should mitigate all existing issues that our previous models have had in the past.

We are hoping for these new caps to be available for sale/warranties by the end of this week. We would like to thank all you for your patience and for bearing with us during this time.

We will also be making an announcement on our website when they become available for sale/warranty so customers can either purchase them online or get their warranties taken care of. These V3 top caps will be included with all future orders with the Alternate Kit and will be used for future warranties for our customers as well, if needed.

Our authorized resellers will also be resupplied with new V3 Top Caps and we will recall all existing V2.5 top caps, so they can properly warranty their customers if need be.

We appreciate everyone’s interest in the new V3 top caps and are excited to get them up and available for all you guys to enjoy.

Please feel free to contact us for more info or if you have questions at: info@vivant.com or support@vivant.com

Thank you,

Vivant Team
Here's hoping that the third time is the charm. Cheers

We will also be making an announcement on our website when they become available for sale/warranty so customers can either purchase them online or get their warranties taken care of.
Glad to hear a solution is finally on the way! Out of curiosity though if we bought our alternate unit over 90 days ago and are over the warranty period will we still be able to get a new top cap under warranty or will us schmucks who bought into this early have to end up buying one?

EDIT: disregard everything I said. I was totally wrong about the warranty length.

Last edited:
https://vivant.store/community/store-locatorGlad to hear a solution is finally on the way! Out of curiosity though if we bought our alternate unit over 90 days ago and are over the warranty period will we still be able to get a new top cap under warranty or will us schmucks who bought into this early have to end up buying one?

All our products come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty when purchased from us or an authorized reseller. To view our list of authorized resellers you can visit this link: https://vivant.store/community/store-locator

If you purchased you device from an earlier period you can make an inquiry with us via e-mail at either info@vivant.com or support@vivant.com

Thank you,

Vivant Team

All our products come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty when purchased from us or an authorized reseller. To view our list of authorized resellers you can visit this link: https://vivant.store/community/store-locator

If you purchased you device from an earlier period you can make an inquiry with us via e-mail at either info@vivant.com or support@vivant.com

Thank you,

Vivant Team
This is great news! I apologize for the misinformation, for some reason I thought it was only a 90 day warranty. My bad!

I still am on my original top piece/mouthpiece assembly, and using my unit daily.
I have never yet used the improved top.
I received an anonymous donation the other day, addressed to me at "Paying It Forward"...
A brand new sealed Vivant Alternate.
There was no return address on the box.
Sadly, I charged the battery and brought the unit to a patient that was waiting, and once I installed the battery, the unit would not turn on at all.
I would ask donor for receipt, but do not know who it was.
Since the box and all in it are new and unused, I have contacted Vivant through the message system here, to learn how this matter can be resolved.
Hoping to spread the Vivant Alternate love with this patient soon!

I knew the rules, but had forgottten about holding + and - simultaneously
While screen is blacked out, press any button once to wake up the display screen.

Press “power” button 5 times to turn device OFF completely.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 10-12 seconds to enter Buzzer Volume Mode. This is where you can adjust the volume of the buzzer.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button for 2-4 seconds to flip the display screen for either right or left handed preference.

While device is OFF, press “power” button 5 times to turn device ON.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Timer Setting Mode. This is where you can adjust your safety timer preference.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “-“ and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Stealth Mode.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button to LOCK screen on device.

When temperature preference is set on display screen, hold onto “power” button until it beeps and LED turns green to start the heat up process.

Device will beep 3 times when it is ready to be vaped.

During a session while the LED is green, hold onto the “power” button to end the session before timer ends. This will automatically end the current session and bring the temperature back down.
Yet somehow I managed to do just that... probably while I was fumbling to update the device.
Sorry to waste your time.
I will see that the unit goes out to patient tomorrow.

I regret having to write this post but I must . . .

After moving I lost track of my Alternate for a while. Upon unearthing the Alternate from a carefully packed box, I was pleasantly surprised that after months of airing out the bad smell and taste were finally gone. I was about to put the unit through its paces when, in an act of god, my brother's condo was completely flooded from the unit above when an HVAC technician broke off a fire sprinkler head flooding my brother's apartment below with 24 gallons/minute of water for over an hour and a half, he lost everything in the catastrophe. When he was staying with me for a few days I decided to gift him the Alternate to see what kind of experience he would have. I did not mention the smell/taste issue, I just gifted it to him because he had nothing at all to vape with. At first he really liked the vape, I printed out the owners manual and he really got into it. The initial experience was good, however, after about 10 days things changed. I just received news that the top cap has broken, an admitted flaw that appears to have been resolved HOWEVER NO ONE from Vivant ever contacted me about a new top cap or even addressed the smell/taste issue that I had previously reported here. My brother sent an e-mail to Vivant about the top cap and right after that, the vape just died. It wont charge, it won't even turn on, it is COMPLETELY DEAD . . . :rip:

So maybe a better unit at a later date and time, maybe things would have been different. Maybe if someone from Vivant had actually addressed my issues when I first reported them here then the outcome may have been different. Maybe in another place and another time, this might have been a successful experience and not a crushing failure for the manufacturer.

In all honesty and good conscience I cannot recommend this vape or this manufacturer and I will be removing them from my signature forthwith as the product is unusable as presented to me. I appreciate the contest and winning the Alternate, its too bad the experience fell completely apart and was a complete, and total, disaster.

@t-dub - I am so sorry to hear this terrible news about your brother being flooded out. With time, effort, and some loving support I'm sure that "this too will pass" and life will go on. But in the meantime, something like this is indeed devastating.

Best of luck to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear that your Alternate hit the dust... :hmm:
HOWEVER NO ONE from Vivant ever contacted me about a new top cap or even addressed the smell/taste issue that I had previously reported here.

I don't know that they contacted anyone about the new cap... They just put it out there on the webz that they would offer a replacement and said to contact them for one.

My OG Alternate never had the smell and the cap is still intact. I'm pretty careful with it though; knowing that cracking is a possibility. So far so good. Not sure how the one I won is doing since I gifted that to @Vitolo for his Pay It Forward program. I'm assuming it's okay since he hasn't posted anything to the contrary.

This, hopefully, is not the final chapter to this story. As I said above, my brother really, really likes the Alternate. He was really getting into it. He has reached out to Vivant so we will see what happens.

It is quite possible that this situation could be remedied and completely turned around. I really hope that it happens as I would love to post a positive experience here. I'll keep the thread updated with any news.

I still hear quite a few people are still having trouble with broken bodies but the mouthpieces are now a bit better, any latest reports from anyone, good or bad.?

He used to but they are such a piece of shit, he stopped selling them, far too many problems that Vivant will not fix because tight arsed vaporists see the low cost and think great I will get that instead of an expensive Crafty, can't be that much diffeernt...but they are.:thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back