Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Vivant Alternate

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hello Vapor Asylum Community,

Thank you for allowing us to participate on this forum. Great job with the forum @momofthegoons :)
Would like to start the thread for our first product, the Alternate by Vivant.

Some key features that differentiate us from other vapes in the similar priced market is:
  • Removable 18650 Battery
  • Firmware Upgradeable
  • On Board LED and LCD Screen
  • Temp setting by each degree in Fahrenheit and Celsius mode
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • Blowback prevention
  • Attachable Grinder

We also have a firmware released for our Alternate , it is called V1.02 and accessible for download on our website https://vivant.com/pages/firmware , it allows the user to set their Safety Timer Preference for their sessions in increments of 1 min with a max of 5 min.

Currently working on a WPA and accessories for the device along with a new firmware update which may allow the user to change temp setting during session (**no promises yet, just working on it, will update as it comes along)

There has been mention through the web and there are some users experiencing cracks in their top caps or near their USB Port along with some deformation in their top caps. Just want you all to know we are aware of the situation/s and have made it our priority to fix all these issues. I will be giving updates as they develop, rest assured we will fix each problem very shortly. We strive for our users to have a great experience with our product every time.

We aim at being a company that is more like a family. To offer affordable, functional, good quality, durable devices and accessories that the community wants, needs and likes. We take pride in our customer service so please feel free to reach out to any one on our team at any time.

Our product/s come with a 2 year manufacturer defect warranty and I promise we will always do our best to take care of any situation our customers are experiencing.

Hope everyone can start sharing what they like about our device, the Alternate.

Happy Vaping!!!

Hi @Vivant and welcome to VA, nice to have you with us.

Just wanted to add your web address a few extra details and a pic of the Alternate for people viewing this thread:

https://vivant.com

ALTERNATE LOOSE LEAF VAPORIZER $129.99

Black_Alternative-new-2.jpg

I am anxious to try one of these, that was just donated for low income patients. The blessing of the work we do, is that I get to test out each donation to better be able to explain it to it's recipient.
By tomorrow, hopefully I will have input and be able to hold an educated discussion about this unit.:smile:

Last edited:
I tried the Vivant Alternate today, and loved it.
The Alternate is a donation for a Low Income Patient in my local area.
The recipient (undecided yet) will have an enjoyable time with this unit.
I was about to go buy an 18650 battery for it, when I realized I could borrow one from another unit I have in the house.
My experience with the Vivant was a very positive one all the way around.
It takes a couple of minutes to get up to heat, but it does heat up faster than most convection based portables.
It has wonderful convection flavor, and The settings felt precise to me.
I set the unit at 380º (F) and enjoyed many hits, all having the unique convection flavor.
It took two sessions to finish the load.
Here is one of the sessions:

The two units I have never used (but I will use a Mighty on Monday) are crafty and Mighty.
I have heard comments, and the only difference I have heard are that the first batch of Alternates for some new users, had issues
with a plastic odor/taste. I was not one of those, my unit tasted and smelled fine.
I can report back on Tuesday after trying out the Mighty, as to draw restriction,flavor and cloud density in comparison.
The cloud density was very satisfactory to me, but I can compare on Tuesday.

I have heard are that the first batch of Alternates for some new users, had issues
with a plastic odor/taste.
Yes. The one I received has a horrible taste. Something akin to pepper, mixed with industrial floor wax, with a dash of K-1 Kerosene. Bad enough that I can't use it right now. I'm still playing with it and doing some temp testing so the smell seems to be going away on the vape over time. The packaging, however, is another story . . . bleck . . . . :disgust: . . . It is irredeemable, and may be the source of all of the smell but I just can't tell right now. The black foam in the middle seems to be the worst. I noticed that after handling the packaging and contents that the smell stuck to my hands and took quite a while to dissipate. Also, on one of the burn offs I did get a few whisps of visible vapor when I mouth pulled with no medicine loaded.

Edit: Also, the electronics bricked one time requiring the removal of the battery to reset. I assume the pinhole on the bottom is a factory reset however I need to study the owners manual which is available only online. All you get in the box is a quick setup guide.

I do have many fantastic likes for this vape, I didn't mean to start off with the cons, plenty of pros here which will come l8tr in my evaluation . . . :weed:

Last edited:
I think the cons of this vape do indeed need airing a bit. Facts, some users have gotten the very bad Factory Fart smell and many users have reported deformation and perhaps melting of parts of the CU, in particular the ring around the chamber. I have seen too many pics of this from too many different owners to question if this indeed has happened. In addition, there have been some reports of cracks in the CU and I saw one pic of a cracked housing.

On another board, @Vivant seems to have acknowledged these issues (especially the melting of CU) and said that they are investigating the root cause and resolution with all haste. However, that was about 3-4 weeks ago, I believe, and they have gone pretty silent since then.

Personally, I think people should be aware of this and if they make a purchase decision that they do so fully informed.

Last edited:
Can you compare this to the Mighty for me? Draw restriction, Flavor , cloud density, et?
I got to try the Crafty and the Mighty.
It has always been very difficult for me to enter a thread started by
the maker of a vaporizer and compare it to other vaporizers....
Your question is a legitimate one:
Speaking of the Mighty in comparison to the Alternate.
  • The draw restriction was similar
  • The Flavor on the Mighty was more pure (strain flavor)
  • The cloud density was similar
I was fortunate to get to try out new vapes... (I got a shot at the grasshopper also!).
Sorry I could not make a more distinct comparison, but each vape is it's own tool,
and I find something to love about each of them!

I think the cons of this vape do indeed need airing a bit. Facts, some users have gotten the very bad Factory Fart smell and many users have reported deformation and perhaps melting of parts of the CU, in particular the ring around the chamber. I have seen too many pics of this from too many different owners to question if this indeed has happened. In addition, there have been some reports of cracks in the CU and I saw one pic of a cracked housing.

On another board, @Vivant seems to have acknowledged these issues (especially the melting of CU) and said that they are investigating the root cause and resolution with all haste. However, that was about 3-4 weeks ago, I believe, and they have gone pretty silent since then.

Personally, I think people should be aware of this and if they make a purchase decision that they do so fully informed.

POSTED TODAY AT ANOTHER FORUM:

"First off I must say I am sorry on a personal level that there has been a gap with communication and all I can ask is for all of your understanding that I just work for the company so I am under strict direction of the company. I want to reassure you all that although we haven't made a public statement yet, I personally am following the thread still and have read every post up until now. Along with reading the posts, I do put together a report back to upper management.

All I can ask of you all at this point is for your patience, the new top caps have been made and are in transit to our facility in Tustin, California. However, it does need to go through one last testing phase when it arrives. At that point, *crossing fingers*, that the potential problems have been solved, we will be ready to release our public statement detailing the possible causes, the fixes and the preventions we have implemented to continue the Alternate's life span in the industry. We will also release the process we have come up with to get users who are experiencing cracking/deformations a new top cap. We will not leave you guys with no resolution, that is not acceptable on behalf of the company. There are many unforeseen valid reasons as to why the company has not made a public statement as of now and all we can ask is for yourunderstanding. I want to reassure you all that the cracking/deformation are isolated incidents and it does not happen with each and every top cap. We are not a company who will point fingers, push the blame or escape from consequences. Vivant is here to stay and we will do all that we can to make sure each and every one of you withour product is happy.

On behalf of the company, we truly thank everyone for their continuous support, advice, suggestions and even the negative. We do take every comment made into mind and consideration.

I will be back shortly once the top caps arrive and go through its final testing phase.

Thank you again,
Emily"

I want to report that I took the advice of a good friend and did some additional burn-offs with the Alternate. After getting the vape heated and shut down, I removed the top cap and just let it air out. I did this 3 times and as of right now the vape is smelling a little better. There is still a lingering smell of burnt Nylon though, at least that is the best thing I can compare it to. The packaging is a total loss though with the problem seemingly concentrated in that black, foam, inner packaging.

My life for a while will be in turmoil as I move yet again, however, once set up this should be a long term solution which will allow me to return to my attentions here.

Peace yo . . . :peace:

Statement from Vivant re: top cap material issues:

Their statement
https://vivant.com/pages/news-of-revamped-top-cap

Material safety info:
https://vivant.com/pages/basf-e2010-msds

Good statement and full disclosure on new plastic to be used. Good step, now we just need to see new top caps actually in the wild under field use.

Edit: I note that Vivant states has received only one shipment (the first shipment) of new caps and is trying to prioritize replacement shipments but also says that ALL caps (with issues or not) will be replaced but schedule seems to still be pending.

Please contact us at support@vivant.com if you bought an Alternate directly from us so one of our Customer Service Representatives can get the process started for getting you a replacement. We kindly ask for the individuals whom have experienced the issues to contact us first as we have only received our first shipment of the revamped top caps so we didn't have to have you all wait even longer to receive them so we do have a limited amount of supply right now but do not worry, more is coming and eventually we will get everyone a new top cap replacement regardless of if you have experienced the issue or not. — Vivant​

Thanks, @Vivant :thumbsup::nod:

Last edited:
It would appear the top cap issues have been resolved.... Vivant is running a discount code on their site; TOPCAP25 for the 'Revamped Alternate.' Brings the price down to $96.75.

Hate to be a pessimist however I have seen a few members on another forum complaining of a melted/cracked NEW version of the mp. Tried one of the OG version mp a few months back and I have to say this: I think vivant shot themselves in the foot by allowing users to update the timer to above a min.. I'm guessing it was designed to shut off after a min to allow the device cool and prevent any melting/deformation. I might not post here often and im not trying to be a douche but I'd steer clear from this one and I'm not about to recommend it to any friends/family because I see this device as a health concern ..again imo.

I know some of you have a unit and might have not experienced this issue however in the begining vivant claimed this to be a "batch issue" if it's the WHOLE batch and you need to redesign the mp I'm thinking it's a manufacturer defect on ALL units and like I mentioned prob due to those who are using the device frequently and back to back sessions on their updated timer.

I won't come back into this discussion just kinda peeved that this company is taking advantage of those who see great vapor production and great price and think of this as quality. Battery is replaceable but at what cost

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back