Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
IMG_20220602_173212.jpgIMG_20220602_174139.jpgIMG_20220602_175824.jpg

My Volcano appears to be older than I thought
I think it was made in 2005
My gasket ring on top is white, in all the other service videos its black
It does not come off nor do I have the small sponge filters
Seems to be some layered pads, maybe cotton
Tightened some wires, good vacuum and brushed off all the debris
About to close it up and see if it works
IMG_20220602_182852.jpg

Nice bag for a 5.5 setting
Volcano is back despite being ancient

Probably buy something soon just in case
Think it really is 17 years old
$700 budget so its off to POTV to see what I can see
Think the new Volcanos got meh reviews

Nobody has seen a volcano like this so it is just a matter of digging and finding the right people on YouTube and discord
Already have a lead and S&B is still a possibility

Last edited:
volcano-hybrid-by-storz-and-bickel_576x@2x.jpg

IT IS DONE!
I know the haters will get their fill because of the price but it works, its in stock
$550 is a bit much but with all the knock offs it really is hard to tell the difference so shopping cheap can come with a lot of hazards
My classic has earned a well deserved retirement

Need a go on a volcano one day..
Top gear always said, your not a proper car guy unless you have owned an alfa romeo..

I think it applies to vaping and the volcano too..

We still using an eq for bags...

Fortunately Volcano has slightly better reliability
Alpha Romeo best looking car on tow truck
I do love them both

Fortunately Volcano has slightly better reliability
I would say more than just slightly, Canos only had melting plastic, Alphas would just catch fire!

I would say more than just slightly, Canos only had melting plastic, Alphas would just catch fire!
Was this actually a thing.. i was about to start looking for a second hand one..

Its hard to find a follow up on the exact circumstances of the melting and it was the reason I tried to get an injector first
The usual internet BS with some credibility being given to the piece melting but still questioning how it melted

It is very easy to see how it could melt
The plastic and metal are so close to the heat source
Some high temp vaping maybe?

I felt the issue had been addressed
So I pulled the trigger
Its pretty wild
Shotgun vape hits=FUBAR

Last edited:
I had forgotten about the dust issues...but now I remember their other half-assed fix, they ceramic coated the aluminium part to stop dust (same coating as the easily scratched Mighty+ bowl) instead of just using a better metal. The plastic melting was widespread, it was talked about on FC as well (chasing the 'hybrid' with extra conduction heating).
Way too expensive for a glorified heat gun but it is German so that is to be expected.:twocents:

Last edited:
I had forgotten about the dust issues...but now I remember their other half-assed fix, they ceramic coated the aluminium part to stop dust (same coating as the easily scratched Mighty+ bowl) instead of just using a better metal. The plastic melting was widespread, it was talked about on FC as well (chasing the 'hybrid' with extra conduction heating).
Way too expensive for a glorified heat gun but it is German so that is to be expected.:twocents:

I have a tendency to think that dust is part of the reason they looked into plastics when in development
The wear from the constant friction of two surfaces being brought together is expected
How do you mitigate this in a device that pumps out high temps that can evaporate material
Even glass and quartz have abrasion issue

Glorified heat gun
Sounds about right

I had forgotten about the dust issues...but now I remember their other half-assed fix, they ceramic coated the aluminium part to stop dust (same coating as the easily scratched Mighty+ bowl) instead of just using a better metal. The plastic melting was widespread,
yes and no.. :the Mighty + clearly was pushed on the market before all kinks were smooth out.
Same as for the hybrid,shit plastics to start with,(it's beyond me, that s&b as manufacturers, with a long history still could not have proper quality controls,cq testing done before releasing.:smackdown::nunchuks:.).anyway s&b did, and I was disappointed,and angry.
Having said all this,My ceramic coated reducer bowl, and the native big bowl, have after 800 hours zero wear.
They are 100% intact, and while you some times think you see wear marks, once its been in the isobath , you realise it were earmarks in the resin build up.....:sherlock::stick:.
the new plastics also hold up for ever imho.

The software upgrade, not long ago made my computer crash, I was without the hybrid for 2 weeks(my dear beloved wive ,whom helps me with those things was very crook with the Covid.).
Now it has had it's software update , I am feeling it's a bit different, but different in a good way.
hard to pinpoint what, but I like it more.:weed:

yes and no.. :the Mighty + clearly was pushed on the market before all kinks were smooth out.
Same as for the hybrid,shit plastics to start with,(it's beyond me, that s&b as manufacturers, with a long history still could not have proper quality controls,cq testing done before releasing.:smackdown::nunchuks:.).anyway s&b did, and I was disappointed,and angry.
Having said all this,My ceramic coated reducer bowl, and the native big bowl, have after 800 hours zero wear.
They are 100% intact, and while you some times think you see wear marks, once its been in the isobath , you realise it were earmarks in the resin build up.....:sherlock::stick:.
the new plastics also hold up for ever imho.

The software upgrade, not long ago made my computer crash, I was without the hybrid for 2 weeks(my dear beloved wive ,whom helps me with those things was very crook with the Covid.).
Now it has had it's software update , I am feeling it's a bit different, but different in a good way.
hard to pinpoint what, but I like it more.:weed:
What about the scratching of the metal parts that meet when screwing the chamber on?
This scratches and makes aluminium dust on the plenty and I thought the Cano was the same?

S&B QC went downhill when they sold the company
Now it's another profit making machine (it always was) with little of the old reputation left

Everyone talks about the medically approved units - but they only go to something like 360° not the 410/20 the units we mostly own go

This tells me that over that temperature (where most of us vape) it isn't medically safe and possibly we get off gassing from all that plastic
It may be negligible compared to smoking cones through a rubber hose and plastic bottle, but it's still not good if we are inhaling toxins at all

I have noticed that the plenty and the mighty I own both have a unique flavour that no other vapes have and I put this down to the plastic

These plastic and aluminium dust issues were before the company was taken over, since the company was bought out the QC got bad and the already "suss" materials seemed to get cheaper and that's where the melting started etc

Good to hear they may have improved these issues
I am still a lot less of a fan of S&B these days then I used to be though and I rarely seem to reach for them at all since making other purchases

I always did want to ride a Cano though, but it might be something that only happens if I visit someone who owns one nowadays

What about the scratching of the metal parts that meet when screwing the chamber on?
This scratches and makes aluminium dust on the plenty and I thought the Cano was the same?
This is what they updated early on when just released, we were all pissed of about, the metal dust.
Their imo good working update was that they coated the chamber (also the reducer bowl)with a ceramic.
and this is what I was talking about, no scratching dusting whatsoever.:clap:.
I do love my hybrid nowadays, the ease of using ,the reliable delivery of vapour every time etc.

In what way/how is it updated?
The plenty still has metal on metal when you screw the chamber to the heater
What is different about the Cano?
The coating I thought there had been reports of it scratching by some people
This is what they updated early on when just released, we were all pissed of about, the metal dust.
Their imo good working update was that they coated the chamber (also the reducer bowl)with a ceramic.
and this is what I was talking about, no scratching dusting whatsoever.:clap:.
I do love my hybrid nowadays, the ease of using ,the reliable delivery of vapour every time etc.

What is different about the Cano?
There is no metal to metal in the Cano (ceramic coat fixed that) as the Plenty has, the Plenty never got the upgrade, unfortunately. :myday:

There is no metal to metal in the Cano (ceramic coat fixed that) as the Plenty has, the Plenty never got the upgrade, unfortunately. :myday:
I see, I thought the coating was only the chamber/bowl
I didn't realise it was on the parts that screw together too

So did some people find it scratched off and others didn't?
Or is that not a thing at all?

So did some people find it scratched off and others didn't?
Some were getting scratches on the Mighty+ ceramic bowl from capsules, I stopped watching the Cano hybrid elsewhere, just too many problems chasing a bit of conduction...the OG or digit seem better value (nearly half the price) as the Hybrid is nearly AU$1000 (It is on sale here now at Australian Vaporizers for AU$900). :razz2:

Some were getting scratches on the Mighty+ ceramic bowl from capsules, I stopped watching the Cano hybrid elsewhere, just too many problems chasing a bit of conduction...the OG or digit seem better value (nearly half the price) as the Hybrid is nearly AU$1000 (It is on sale here now at Australian Vaporizers for AU$900)
yes ,that's on the point ,why I mean.
they released the mighty + , just like the Hybrid(with is a massive step up to the digit or original imho),without testing....if it would hold up!:mad::BangHead::BangHead:.
unacceptable, and I am still angry.....(although I hurried the ANGER.....),but at the end of the day: when I am hitting the hybrid :I am fantasising, of that sexy lady on our vaporasylum sticker............:biggrin::whipit::love::razz:.
And she is right: very efficient,way of getting high without any rough edges., imho......
but the product right now is 100 % perfect!. Fact!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back