Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories VVPS AC and DC Variable Voltage Power Supply for Log Vapes

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been asked by quite a few vaporists about power supplies, both AC (home wall plug) and DC (car accessory plug/battery) power options for their 12v log vapes and have come up with the following options that can be used at home or on the go. There will be no soldering or special tools like multimeters, one small flat head screwdriver is all that will be needed for one simple task (a glasses screwdriver will work).
You will need the following for a complete kit that can run 2x logs at once at home (AC)with separate digital control, or one unit while off-grid (DC) after the zombie apocalypse.:thumbsup:

1x AC VVPS Variable Voltage Power Supply, goes as low as 3 volts for aromatherapy, (some only go as low as 9.5v);

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/48W-2A-3-24V-AC-DC-Adjustable-Power-Supply-Adapter-Speed-Control-Volt-US-Plug-N2/283125895978?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1x DC VVPS

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-LCD-Mini-DC-Power-Supply-USB-Step-Down-Converter-24V-To-1-20V-Adjustable/282654736318?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1x Polarity Sensing LED Power Cable (This is the cable that gets screwed into the DC VVPS)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-1mm-Illuminated-Polarity-Sensing-DC-Connectors/253870068642?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1x 12v Acessory Power Cable (Plug into DC VVPS and car lighter socket for single DC use)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-Volt-DC-2-1mm-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Plug-Cord-Adapter-Cable-New/382467076573?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1x Battery adapter with alligator clips (for clipping directly to any 12v battery)
s-l225.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Bat...h=item3fac10a1c5:g:UR4AAOSwDbhbofpA:rk:1:pf:0

1x' Splitter Cable (to run 2 logs at once)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Female-to-2-male-Camera-CCTV-5-5-x-2-1mm-DC-DC-12V-Power-Splitter-Cable-New/132358432454?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Now we need to connect them up,
For Home Use with 1 or 2 logs with different voltages to both with digital readouts for both logs,
1. Plug your AC VVPS into your splitter cable;
IMG_20181013_180905.jpg

2. One male lead off the splitter plug gets plugged to your higher voltage log (with your existing extension cord) and'the other male lead glugs into your DC VVPS;
IMG_20181013_181221.jpg

3. You need to atatch the Polarity Sensing LED Power Cable to the DC VVPS, the red cable gets screw atatched to the + terminal and the black cable gets screw atached to the - terminal (when powered on this LED Cable will glow blue if all is correct and will glow red if you have mixed the + and - terminals, redo if you see red.)
This will atatch to your lower voltage log;
IMG_20181013_181503.jpg

Underside view of DC VVPS where you need to use your screwdriver to tighten the 2 screws;
IMG_20181013_181335_LI (2).jpg

For DC (car/battery) we just unplug the DC VVPS from the splitter cable and plug the 12v Acessory Power Cable into the DC VVPS, it also gives you a USB 2.1amp outlet for charging other vapes;
IMG_20181013_191113.jpg

And if you want to connect'to a battery, plug your 12v Acessory Power Cable into your Battery adapter with alligator clips to atach directly to a battery (Red clamp on the positive terminal of the battery and the black clamp goes on the negative terminal of battery);
IMG_20181013_184701.jpg

Do not lay your battery on it's side like I have(unless it is special like mine)

The DC VVPS has 2 setting dials on the side to find your preferred voltage, one moves the voltage in large steps and the other is for fine tuning with smaller steps, much rasier to set that than a single large dials on some VVPS units.
So, for about AU$50/US$35 you will be all set for any need power wise for your log, the only other item you could add is a 12v battery and solar panel to be completely off grid.
There are plenty more expensive power/lab supplies available but I believe the above to be the best value for this job, you could save about AU$16/US$12 by not using a polarity sensing power cable but I think it is cheap insurance against stoner wiring jobs, even if you have a multimeter.
:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_181335.jpg
    IMG_20181013_181335.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
For our North American members I've put together a list of the U.S. ebay links for equivalent items...

1x AC VVPS Variable Voltage Power Supply, goes as low as 3 volts for aromatherapy, (some only go as low as 9.5v)

s-l200.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48W-2A-3-2...h=item21483cced8:g:cU0AAOSwgKRbo3d-:rk:1:pf:0

1x DC VVPS

s-l200.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Mini-D...h=item285bec12d1:g:7CkAAOSw3FBbDYdG:rk:3:pf:0

This item wasn't available in the U.S. ebay listings. @LesPlenty advised using this one instead...

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pair-12V-...m=222802058870&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

1x 12v Acessory Power Cable (Plug into DC VVPS and car lighter socket for single DC use)

s-l200.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-12V-DC-...h=item284d22d880:g:EV4AAOSwkh9aWDQU:rk:2:pf:0

1x Battery adapter with alligator clips (for clipping directly to any 12v battery)

s-l225.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Batter...3777914c:g:V8cAAOSw7P5bMwN5:rk:1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

1x' Splitter Cable (to run 2 logs at once)

p.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-1-to-2...btBIp:sc:USPSFirstClass!48098!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

Thanks a lot for researching and putting all of this together LesPlenty. Great info! :thumbsup:

I have been asked by quite a few vaporists about power supplies, both AC (home wall plug) and DC (car accessory plug/battery) power options for their 12v log vapes and have come up with the following options that can be used at home or on the go.

For our North American members I've put together a list of the U.S. ebay links for equivalent items...
  :aaaaa::clap:yall sure know how to make a brother feel welcome! Much appreciated! @LesPlenty yes this was the 'crazy' setup I came across you posted a little while back. Looked very intimidating. Now that I'm more well versed it doesn't seem so crazy, but necessary and the price point is ridiculously amazing in comparison to every other option I've seen. Was thinking I don't need the car battery attachment or the splitter, but at this price point might as well. Would that splitter also fit and charge my psm?

@momofthegoons thank you for the North American alternatives. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't see the conversion for AUD, and got the message they don't ship to my location. Came back here to mention that, and you had already had the prime info posted:cheers:..

Took me a minute to look at consider and understand each component. It all makes sense now. I like That setup. Yall make me feel grateful and obligated to purchase at the same time!

If I'm using for home use. I just need the ac vvps connected to the WS correct? I don't need to be connected to the DC 'mini' adapter as well do I? The DC mini adapter is convenient if using in a car using car adapter, or splitting between two logs etc? But home use its not necessary?

Edit* as I look up 12v portable power banks, I see how the battery adapter could be extremely useful as well! Awesome package!

Last edited:
If I'm using for home use. I just need the ac vvps connected to the WS correct?
That is correct.:thumbsup:
Would that splitter also fit and charge my psm?
As long as your PSM is 12v and has a 5.5x2.1mm jack you will be good to go!
I like how I can use lithium power tool batteries to run the WS, you can even put citronella oil in the aromatherapy cup to keep mozzies at bay.:myday:

I like how I can use lithium power tool batteries to run the WS
Can you show me an example of this function? Never used ebay, about to register and grab these items

Edit* I'm all in now. The splitter vendor doesn't accept PayPal at the moment and the 12v cigarette adapter with clips got split to another order. So I just saved them both for later. Got the essentials. Cause some pieces won't reach me for potential months I'm glad I put in the order now.

It just occurred to me. The vvps will take up till may to reach me, but the DC mini will arrive by mid to late April. I was thinking I could still use the DC mini to power my WS in house, but the vvps powers the DC mini no? So I'd still need a 15v wall wart to power it on its own? Or be in the car etc..
If this is the case perhaps Ed's power supply that comes with WS might also power the DC mini?

Or am I over thinking all this

Last edited:
Can you show me an example of this function? Never used ebay, about to register and grab these items

Edit* I'm all in now. The splitter vendor doesn't accept PayPal at the moment and the 12v cigarette adapter with clips got split to another order. So I just saved them both for later. Got the essentials. Cause some pieces won't reach me for potential months I'm glad I put in the order now.

It just occurred to me. The vvps will take up till may to reach me, but the DC mini will arrive by mid to late April. I was thinking I could still use the DC mini to power my WS in house, but the vvps powers the DC mini no? So I'd still need a 15v wall wart to power it on its own? Or be in the car etc..
If this is the case perhaps Ed's power supply that comes with WS might also power the DC mini?

Or am I over thinking all this
The vvps doesn't run the mi ni

The vvps is just home use - wow that is a long post, it gets here very quick from China

The Mi Ni is for use from a 12v battery source of any kind, car battery, cigarette lighter in car, a cordelless power tool battery etc etc

You don't need not use the vvps in conjunction, but seperately in house on its own with the WS

The rest is more of a camping or "portable" concept use

The only reason @LesPlenty has the splitter from vvps to Mi Ni in house is if you want to run two WS at once but at different voltages/temps
Otherwise you don't need the vvps and Mi Ni together, just the vvps or Mi Ni for off grid use

You sound like you are getting all set for your WS mate

Can't wait to hear how you like it :)

Mine is a DD

I use WS, mighty and GH daily

that is a long post, it gets here very quick from China

The Mi Ni is for use from a 12v battery source of any kind, car battery, cigarette lighter in car, a cordelless power tool battery etc etc

True, postage time is an estimate. Could take a week, could take two months.

@felvapes Thank you, I appreciate that break down. So the MI Ni I can basically leave in my car. Does the Mini come with its own wall wart? That would make it useful in two locations in the home.

True, postage time is an estimate. Could take a week, could take two months.

@felvapes Thank you, I appreciate that break down. So the MI Ni I can basically leave in my car. Does the Mini come with its own wall wart? That would make it useful in two locations in the home.
No
MiNi has inputs so you can use multiple power sources
You could get a seperate wall plug I am sure

MiNi has inputs so you can use multiple power sources
Of the 4 items I purchased from @LesPlenty doomsday kit. The Mi Ni is the only one I had to pay for express delivery.
$28CAD for two vvps, 12v car piece, power cable... Crazy value. $25 shipping for the MI No... That sucks. It's all Balance.

It should arrive shortly.already in Ohio. Dying waiting for the toys to arrive. Everything else will come by June. Lol

They got me. It's ok, but ya they always want to squeeze just a little bit more out of you...

The MI Ni vvps cost $11, +$25 shipping. (shipping cost more than all 4 parts I bought) n then DHL hit me with a $22 duties tax! Smh. So $11 vvps came to a total of $58!
Makes sense why Ed, underdog etc.. Sell them for $40+... However neither of them sell a vvps that has as much functionality as the MI Ni... Should arrive tomorrow... Now if only I could properly track my WS! (I hope it didn't get lost in void of package deliveries :frown: must remain positive!)

+$25 shipping
Where do you live, Antartica?
Most listings on Ebay are free shipping unless you specify fast freight, I just did a quick search with my US Ebay account and found this and many more,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DC-Po...m3d73aef1ac:g:z94AAOSwZB9aOzdX&frcectupt=true
The listing says;
Free International shipping
Oh well, at least you did not have to wait a month.:thumbsup:
Makes sense why Ed, underdog etc.. Sell them for $40+
No, it does not. I put Ed onto the VVPS he now sells with his sticker on it and a 90-day warranty, I got 12 months warranty from Ebay)
Those guys put the prices up high because they are small companies with wages and other overhead costs to consider.:myday:

Yer free or very cheap shipping always
My vvps was less than$15 by memory

The mi ni setup which I haven't used except for testing purposes was even less I think

Free post or buggar all and gets here very quickly

Yes most parts for many things come from China these days and get rebranded by people selling as their own....

Shit, half the range rovers ppl buy and spend shitloads on are built in India these days owned by Tata motors.....

Where do you live, Antartica?
Most listings on Ebay are free shipping unless you specify fast freight, I just did a quick search with my US Ebay account and found this and many more,
Lol. It does get cold out here. I'm in Windsor. Borders Detroit...
I didn't see anything that listed shipping costs until I submitted my order. Was only charged shipping for the Mini.. Whats done is done. So long as it serves its purpose I won't complain

@LesPlenty

I just realized they sent me a 5.5 plug for the MiNi power supply. I'm guessing it's pretty straight forward. Twist negative around one terminal positive around the other? Hopefully it goes well. Stripping these wires, bout to test it out

Edit* worked out just fine. I can go up to 11.9v.... @11.9 I'm not combusting. It's still smooth enough on the lungs. I can take a nice long draw with next to no irritation. Still nice flavor. 10v, much nicer flavor. I like the vvps! Excited to go through voltage ranges, learn to sip etc... Anhydrous is soo nice.. Lol... Don't fret if you don't here from me till after 420!

Last edited:
@LesPlenty

I just realized they sent me a 5.5 plug for the MiNi power supply. I'm guessing it's pretty straight forward. Twist negative around one terminal positive around the other? Hopefully it goes well. Stripping these wires, bout to test it out

Edit* worked out just fine. I can go up to 11.9v.... @11.9 I'm not combusting. It's still smooth enough on the lungs. I can take a nice long draw with next to no irritation. Still nice flavor. 10v, much nicer flavor. I like the vvps! Excited to go through voltage ranges, learn to sip etc... Anhydrous is soo nice.. Lol... Don't fret if you don't here from me till after 420!
I recommend getting a vvps that is for the wall

The Mi Ni is for 12 volt or car battery or whatever porta power supply you have

The digital vvps we use at home plugs directly into the wall

The mini is good for camping or car use :)

Something like this one
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/48W-Dis...m=202547938078&_trksid=p2349624.c100935.m2460

I recommend getting a vvps that is for the wall
@Chandler just has to hook up a wallwart/power supply from something that puts out 14v or more, rechargeable power tool power supply, computer power supply whatever you can find to plug into it as long as it is under 30v will work fine.:thumbsup:

Thanks. I have one just like that on the way. Coming from China tracking says it should be here by mid June. However timing is crazy. Yesterday I had time to play so I worked out how to get the MiNi going. Literally within 5 mins of getting the vvps going I get a package delivered message. Was hoping it would be the vvps, but instead it was the car charger and more 5.5mm plugs. So everything has made it from China except the vvps. Took about 3 weeks. Very pleased.

@LesPlenty thanks for the all the portable recommendations. I definitely feel 'set' with my current setup.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back