Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Wake and Medicate Coffee Creamer

Disrupt

Former member
01.jpg

Forgive advertising image - it's not easy to make coffee creamer sexy. Taking a year off growing, tapping into the strategic shatter reserves to stretch out supply. Second-wash QWET shatter that's not quite good enough to dab. Perhaps the easiest method yet for adding cannabis to the diet - should probably move to the bachelor thread.:nod:

There's not much to it:
  • Decarb in an oil bath at 250F, stirring with bamboo skewer until tiny CO2 bubbles slow. The length of time depends on how well-purged the solvent is, as that will bubble off first.
  • Carefully remove from heat and add an equal volume liquid lecithin. While still hot, you can simply stir in the lecithin with the bamboo skewer.
Draw this emulsified, decarbed concentrate into a syringe. It can be used for a great many things at this point. The coffee creamer pictured above is just emulsified MCT oil with various natural flavors. (This particular brand retains a significant amount of the most desirable lauric acid.) Already use it as a source of calories while sheltering in place.

To make infused coffee creamer, simply add your target dose per tablespoon. So, if you want 50mg per tablespoon creamer, add 3.2mls emulsified concentrate to one 16oz bottle of creamer. But it would be better to add 1.6mls to 8oz and reserve the rest - it's very easy to adjust dose by adding more concentrate or creamer as needed, and you can always use the rest for other things. Mix by shaking in a clear squeeze bottle (travel section of your supermarket) so that you can see if it's homogeneous. Gently heating the bottle in hot water helps.

The creamer hasn't separated at all in 48 hours. The flavor of this second-wash QWET isn't great in coffee, but that will vary with the source. Might need to try a creamer flavor other than vanilla. Of course, it can also be added to other beverages or simply taken by spoon.

Last edited:
Nice!!!
I want to get a rotovap so bad to make my own shatter
Working with flower is so problematic
Watchmen fan
Bit of a comic fan myself, been a while though

IMG_20201220_123818.jpg

Upper right hand corner is a Chris Claremont autograph on Aliens vs Predator: Deadliest of Species
Never got the whole 12 issue series, they finished it in 9 or 10 over a long time and I lost track
Claremont worked on X-Men when I was reading it as a kid, around the relaunch on issue #94 and X-Men giant size #1, I think he came on in the early 100s of the run
Feeling really old now
Somewhere are issues of image comics including Wildcats and walking dead
Sorry, way off topic

Thanks! Why do you want a rotovap to make shatter? It may be needed if you want to make diamonds or other exotic concentrates, but use only a faucet aspirator to make shatter, several years now. Switched completely from flower.

Not a big comic fan; Watchmen led to appreciation. Dr. Manhattan is brilliant, IMO, a superhero whose greatest power is perceiving time as it truly is. Awatar is the panel where he furiously teleports a roomful of paparazzi away.

Just beginning my journey into concentrates
Need to refresh a lot, if not all, chemistry
Could not decide on a concentrate so the rotovap seemed to cover a lot of bases
What got me here was a seriously ill family member, they were helped out a great deal by the cannabis community and I would like to give something back
Not asking to be spoon fed, could you direct me to info on the use of a faucet aspirator for shatter
So far I have an oil less Joan lab vacuum pump and buchner filter and a convection oven, just enough to get in trouble
Use a portable electric double burner and a fan for my reductions

They have water soluble thc crystals that I would like to recreate at home if possible, delusional I know

Last edited:
While I am very sorry that that was how you came to the decision... I'm glad you did. :smile:
Its very intimidating joining forums
Still new to it as evidenced by my very first post, vape a bag to get up the courage and then post nonsense, like comic books in a coffee creamer thread

On topic, looking at infusing soy milk, almond milk and others
My plan here was to use sugar esters as the emulsifier instead of the xanthan/acacia gums
This is for flower extraction tincture reduction
Some day distillate will be available everywhere, until then kitchen sink science
I use modernist pantry products, wondering if posting pics of their products is ok, Janie Wang is the owner and very nice to stoners
I sent her some pics of sorbets I had made, very nice pat on the head email and I would bet my life she was wtf

I came across this image while trying to purge some of my vast pit of downloaded items to share.... and thought I would post it here. An easy way to make creamer with bud... if you don't have access to (or the initiative to make) concentrates.

Thanks! Just thinking about adding maple syrup at one-quarter total volume.

This recipe seems well-suited to the Magic Butter machine, but it looks like an infinitesimal dose. Is the idea to reduce the volume? Decarbing method is pretty aggressive, IMO. You might not even need to oven decarb with 30 minutes of summering. If you do, not all ovens maintain steady temperature in this range. Recommend checking with a thermometer to keep it below 250F. Lecithin might help while simmering.

Just whipped up a second batch. Keep a Presto deep-fryer on fulltime oilbath duty. So easy.

I've been making my own coffee creamer from almonds for awhile now ( just add less water to homemade almond milk) and I have a few cans of coconut milk. Just threw some cannabis in to 'water cure' to get the flavor out, and will make some creamer in a few days when this is done. I have some English Toffee flavored syrup I've been using for Italian sodas, so that's the flavor pick this round. Maple syrup is OK, but I don't always want pancake flavored coffee.

I've been making my own coffee creamer from almonds for awhile now ( just add less water to homemade almond milk) and I have a few cans of coconut milk. Just threw some cannabis in to 'water cure' to get the flavor out, and will make some creamer in a few days when this is done. I have some English Toffee flavored syrup I've been using for Italian sodas, so that's the flavor pick this round. Maple syrup is OK, but I don't always want pancake flavored coffee.
Do you use a concentrate reduced into the creamer?
Getting the oil and water to bind was a pain for me, lots of fine tuning with gums and it came out with a less than desirable consistency
It worked in coffee but looked "weird" pouring
Thought about heavy cream to reduce the tincture into and then thin it out with lower fat milk
Any insight into your process you can share is appreciated, I apologize if this is inappropriate still learning etiquette and have a long way to go

Researching a viable time and temp to decarb

When you decarb concentrate in an oil bath, it's very easy to track the reaction visually. First, you see big solvent bubbles from trace solvent (which is always present, no matter the purge). Then tiny CO2 bubbles. When these pop, leaving the surface smooth, it's perfectly decarbed.

Maple syrup is OK, but I don't always want pancake flavored coffee.

Recently tried coconut nectar as an alternative sweetener. Its flavor is mild, and its main advantage is a low glycemic index.

Last edited:
When you decarb concentrate in an oil bath, it's very easy to track the reaction visually. First, you see big solvent bubbles from trace solvent (which is always present, no matter the purge). Then tiny CO2 bubbles. When these pop, leaving the surface smooth, it's perfectly decarbed.
thought Mom and Madrigirl were using flower for the creamer
may have misinterpreted what they posted, I thought they were going to decarb the flower in a water/oil bath or double boiler
Read about immersion circulator on a site and thought this may be the same idea in a different method

Does the water cure remove terpenes?
Edit:need a new pic, gotta stop doing stuff when Im that "f'd" up

Do you use a concentrate reduced into the creamer?
Getting the oil and water to bind was a pain for me, lots of fine tuning with gums and it came out with a less than desirable consistency
It worked in coffee but looked "weird" pouring
Thought about heavy cream to reduce the tincture into and then thin it out with lower fat milk
Any insight into your process you can share is appreciated, I apologize if this is inappropriate still learning etiquette and have a long way to go
I will be using flower. I will water cure in room temperature water, which won't harm the trichomes, then decarb in the oven (I want to get rid of as much flavor as I can). I have a hot cocoa maker that basically heats milk and cocoa or chocolate while stirring it which I will be using , but I could also simmer the milks on the stove with the cannabis. After about 45 minutes, I'd remove from heat, strain through cheesecloth and a mesh strainer, jar and store in refrigerator. What I could do that would be faster would be just throw the wand from my Ditanium into a pan of simmering milk for an hour. Might taste bad, but easy and potent. I just don't know that I'd want to wake up to it.

I will be using flower. I will water cure in room temperature water, which won't harm the trichomes, then decarb in the oven (I want to get rid of as much flavor as I can). I have a hot cocoa maker that basically heats milk and cocoa or chocolate while stirring it which I will be using , but I could also simmer the milks on the stove with the cannabis. After about 45 minutes, I'd remove from heat, strain through cheesecloth and a mesh strainer, jar and store in refrigerator. What I could do that would be faster would be just throw the wand from my Ditanium into a pan of simmering milk for an hour. Might taste bad, but easy and potent. I just don't know that I'd want to wake up to it.
Thanks
Taking in a lot of information, at one point I thought if you look at the flower the wrong way the terpenes would evaporate
Sort of in a dilemma, the taste triggers a gag response but I need more of the medicinal side
Water cure and cold extraction seem to be the best method for taste, I go overboard with the filtering

the taste triggers a gag response but I need more of the medicinal side

Which taste? IME, at least some forward flavors are lost even with relatively gentle heating. Once these are gone, an underlying flavor becomes prominent which seems to vary little among strains. The forward flavors are probably associated with terpenes, as they clearly fit the descriptions: pine, citrus, mango, etc. Don't know what causes the underlying flavor(s), but if it can be separated from the cannabinoids, doubt it's easy. Those who have access to dispensaries may be familiar with concentrates that lack even this underlying flavor.

I’ve tried the canna honey before at 10mg per serving, it was too low THC for me, didn’t notice anything at 50%THC it became too sweet as well. Probably buying cannabis oil and cooking on low heat with honey to mix in. Not too hot to kill off the THC and good stuff. Made higher in THC would be great with my Chai Tea.

Which taste? IME, at least some forward flavors are lost even with relatively gentle heating. Once these are gone, an underlying flavor becomes prominent which seems to vary little among strains. The forward flavors are probably associated with terpenes, as they clearly fit the descriptions: pine, citrus, mango, etc. Don't know what causes the underlying flavor(s), but if it can be separated from the cannabinoids, doubt it's easy. Those who have access to dispensaries may be familiar with concentrates that lack even this underlying flavor.
There is a "taste" that I describe as floral that seems to be omnipresent in edibles
Water cure, cold extraction to reduce undesirables helps a lot, and my insane filtering has the infused simple syrup down to a faint note in the background
My fear is that there is a sacrifice of cannabinoids
The balancing act of mitigating the taste and retaining potency has become a bit of an obsession, I ordered TLC test kits from cannalytics to attempt to test the edibles I make, actually the simple syrup and coconut oil used in all my recipes
Have access to a dispensary, legal here in Mass. Could write an op-ed on how poorly they are run, have direct access to their growers, f**k Boehner and his corporate cronies my edibles blow the dispensary away (sorry for the rant)
To your point Disrupt, they have distillate at really cheap prices when in stock, got me there-until I get a rotovap:smile:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back