Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
I follow ssv_steve_elev8 on IG and saw that he was promoting a new pen that 7th Floor is carrying, the Wax Maxer. He 'made' (which I believe means designed... perhaps @Vitolo would have more information?) the top portion that fits on a box mod (or other 510 thread mod) and had a ceramic well type atty so it intrigued me. I've always been partial to the Puffco Plus that has a similar atty.

So they are having a promo launch sale right now where you can buy the top portion (which needs a box mod or the battery they supply for it) for $40. The battery is an additional $30 and the box mod an additional $55. I went with the 510 battery they supply. If using a box mod, they recommend you use it within 5.5 15 watts)

x1001-26.jpg.pagespeed.ic.s2MFUKl_Lq.jpg

As you can see they have included a little silicone lined concentrate container that screws onto the end of the battery they supply.

The above pic is a bit misleading as to it's size.... here is a pic with a Bic lighter for size reference (and if you don't think it was hard to find a lighter in this non combustion home.... :shakehead:)

IMG_4568.jpg

It's got some heft to it. I was a bit surprised at how much it weighs.

So the heater is what everyone wants to know about, I'm sure, lol. They've done something a bit different from the Puffco atty and put a little 'moat' around a raised portion of ceramic. The raised portion is the part that appears to get hot... you can see the coils underneath glowing. I'm not sure how I feel about this feature yet... it seems that the concentrate puddles down there but so far I've gotten consistent hits until the end of my session without losing flavor. That's a plus. The heater is designed to 'last longer and run at a lower temperature.' It is a 'no leak design.' There are no air holes in the bottom of the heater. Per their instructions, the heater features "the Turbulator' with is designed to put fresh air directly on top of your concentrates so that it vaporizes effective and efficiently" The heater is replaceable.

IMG_4556.jpg

They recommend putting in no more than a pea size amount of concentrate.

The mouthpiece pulls out and has a built in dab tool... this tool is not removable from the mouthpiece. You just replace the mouthpiece to toke.

IMG_4560.jpg
IMG_4558.jpg

There is a built in 'levee' that prevents oils running up into the mouthpiece. You can also see the 'baffle' for air intake in this pic. And you can also see the tip of the dab tool...

IMG_4570.JPG

According to 7th Floor, all parts of the Wax Maxer (except the battery) can be cleaned. They recommend using 91% ISO. From their instructions, "Unscrew the top of the Wax Maxer from the bottom, then remove the heater by unscrewing it from the bottom of the heating chamber. Next remove the mouthpiece/dabber by twisting and pulling up. Place all parts into a small container and pour enough ISO to fully cover and allow to soak. Use a cotton swab to remove any concentrates that do notfully dissolve. Remove all parts from the alcohol and allow to fully dry for at least 1 hour, then reassemble.
DO NOT PUT YOUR BATTERY IN ALCOHOL."

It comes in a nice little carrying case; about the size of a sunglasses case...

All in all I think it's a pretty good bargain (especially at the introductory price) for a nice wax pen. The flavor is much better than any coil type atty I've tried and rivals the Puffco plus. So far I give it a thumb's up. :thumbsup:

I don’t know a lot about vape pens. I would like a complete unit. So would I buy the kit and the battery? I would want to use their battery to make sure it was not over 10 Watts. I bought the Dabbler 3 years ago and gave up because of taste, harshness and mess. I was thinking this looks like something that I may want to buy.

I have a quite few different different vape batteries. I should look to see if it tells the wattage.

. So would I buy the kit and the battery? I would want to use their battery to make sure it was not over 10 Watts.

I have a quite few different different vape batteries. I should look to see if it tells the wattage.[/QUOTE]
I bought the battery they provided for the same reason. And I don't own a box mod that's working at the moment. Since this was an impulse buy I wanted it to work 'out of the box' so to speak.

However... I always feel hesitant about telling people to buy something I've only tried a couple times. I like this pen and see it being something I could use a lot. However, 7th Floor hasn't said how much replacement 'heaters' (I'm wondering why they're not called atomizers... :thinker:) are going to cost and don't have them available yet. The cost could be a deal breaker for many...... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But if you have a box mod already... $40 isn't too bad a gamble for this imo.

Looks like it could be good - but I've got to say, this look like an almost 1:1 knock-off of the Puffco Plus! I wish that pen manufacturers did more of their own innovating and less of these 'me too' shenanigans. It seems like as more and more years pass, less and less new ideas are coming forward, despite all of the players in the industry!

this look like an almost 1:1 knock-off of the Puffco Plus!
I disagree.... there are enough tweaks to make it different. The size alone; for one thing. It's easily twice (if not more) the size of the Puffco. The atomizer is different as well. The Puffco atty doesn't have that little moat; it's a smooth well. The 'moat' is where the concentrate flows and is heated by the center portion. Sort of an indirect heat; if you will.

The WaxMaxer also doesn't have plastic in the mouthpiece like the Puffco Plus. The 'levee' and the dab tool are both made of metal. And the dab tool is fixed... There's also the little concentrate container attached to the end of the battery.

IMO, 7th Floor took ideas from both Puffco and Yocan and improved upon them. :twocents: The only thing that might be off putting to some is the size and heft of it. But that also might appeal to others. :idon'tknow:

A little update on my experiences with the WaxMaxer...

A few weeks back, my pen turned on, seemingly, by itself and burned out the atty (heater). I contacted @Steve Kelnhofer and we determined it was the battery. He kindly sent me out a replacement mod box (instead of the battery) and two new heater atomizers. I haven't had a chance to use it, however, because I am an idiot and threw away the base that holds the atty in place. I'm ordering one today.

I still feel that the flavor in this pen is on par with the Puffco Plus. I really prefer the ceramic well type atty over anything with a coil in it. The only downside with the WaxMaxer is the size and weight. It's not exactly stealthy. But other than that, imo it's a great pen for portable dabs.

Okay... update #2. I was sent the replacement mod for the WaxMaxer and it works much better with it. However... it seems as if the atomizers have a very short life span. I've been very careful to not overload them... and really haven't used the unit much. I'm going to guess that I may have put less than 10 loads through this last one before it pooped out on me.

So while I really like the product and how concentrates taste in it, I don't know that the atomizer is all that durable. This is the second one I've gone through now. And at $16/ea replacement cost this might be an expensive proposition if they keep burning out quickly.

So the heater is what everyone wants to know about, I'm sure, lol. They've done something a bit different from the Puffco atty and put a little 'moat' around a raised portion of ceramic.

To me, this is actually a very dated ceramic plate design....the Lynx Hynos Zero had it...what, three years ago. The problem is that mote is a reclaim collector.

More current designs have a larger plate that seems to be seamless with the ceramic walls or which have a plate heater and a cup dab surface (Ti, Boro...whatever) with the later requiring a box mod for the higher needed power.

But I always did like my Lynx Zero.

Thanks for the post, Mom.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back